It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 94
<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Isaacland

Most do not take that active involvement because they have never been that actively involved to begin with.

I on the other hand am.

edit on 17/9/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

You're involved with what exactly? Secret government cabals? Hows that?

As someone who preaches reason and common sense and as someone who in just your last post stated that most theories presented on this site are not researched, not based on much and are not organized and cohesive enough, surely you see the problem here?

How can you expect any reasonable, logical and for the most part, doubtful individual to believe you unquestionably? You won't bring up the issue of ego, but thats what its all about in the end, even if you won't admit it. I'll rephrase your proposition to the readers of this thread, please correct me if I'm wrong:

"A close friend working for the secret Roman government has told me, yes, just me, the secrets of who rules the world and who's been ruling it for a very, very long time. Now I have to go fight these evil bastards." You also claimed that this position was made for you because, again, just paraphrasing, you were born in the same month as G.J. Caesar and therefore concluded that you have some special and if I may say, 'divinely inspired' right to lead the way in this fight against supposed global tyranny.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's the jist of it.

So, how can you expect any reasonable, logical and for the most part, doubtful individual to believe you unquestionably?

P.S: Where exactly has undo posted about wanting to 'sell her e-books'? There's only one person who's working on a sales pitch here, but they're not selling books, they're selling themselves.

edit on 17/9/2010 by serbsta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Serbsta, Could you stop stop whining...., why are you so frustrated that it is not everybody that beleive you, that instead of Rome, TPTB must probably be extraterrestrial, superior minds from outer space, in partnership with a secret ancient civilisation, probably shape shifting Lizards who are following ancient prophecies under the mind control power of a intergalactic and all powerful supreme God....

If you want to beleive it, good.... BUT promot it, in your thread, here we want to investigate Rome please..
Thank you.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isaacland
reply to post by serbsta

Serbsta, Could you stop stop whining...., why are you so frustrated that it is not everybody that beleive you, that instead of Rome, TPTB must probably be extraterrestrial, superior minds from outer space, in partnership with a secret ancient civilisation, probably shape shifting Lizards who are following ancient prophecies under the mind control power of a intergalactic and all powerful supreme God....

If you want to beleive it, good.... BUT promot it, in your thread, here we want to investigate Rome please..
Thank you.

One of the least intelligent people I have ever met, once told me one of the most intelligent things I have ever heard:

“A mind convinced against it’s will is a mind that remains unconvinced.”

Javier Balanos- Son of a former President of Nicaragua

While this is a sound and very plausible theory in many people’s minds, the truth is it is also a radical departure for many from a life time of indoctrinated and subscribed to religious beliefs, and national beliefs, and their taught perception of the world.

Because of that, some, could never be convinced because like the above quote suggests a mind convinced against its will is a mind that remains unconvinced.

So if you are pre-disposed not to believe something, because it disturbs, disrupts or invalidates something you refuse to ever consider not believing in, then no, there is no way to convince anyone, anything differently.

It doesn’t matter what evidence you present, it doesn’t matter how reasoned your approach, it is ultimately going to be rejected because the individual has already determined as a matter of principle to never be convinced.

So what this results in are two things. The power of Rome’s programming that would make people cite gospel and paragraph after paragraph from a 1500 year old book as an elaborate way of displaying, that they would never ever consider anything contrary.

Two is an off topic Mexican Standoff where defaming and slandering the poster, through misrepresentations, purposefully misconstrued paraphrasing, select out of context quotes, and other criticisms then substitute for a lack of relevant and honest information that might change a person’s mind.

Couple it with off topic agendas and theories, and what you have is simply a pissing contest that the people instigating it see a value in continuing on with.

Politely asking them to be reasonable and considerate to others and the subject matter becomes futile because once again a mind convinced against its will is a mind that remains unconvinced and as such will just persist along the lines of its will, at any and all cost.

This of course is why Rome indoctrinates the masses into rigidly reinforced belief systems, while dividing people by promoting defending these belief systems at any and all costs to any extent is a virtue replete with earthly and heavenly reward.

Fueled by emotion, driven by ego, reason and its companion’s logic and fact become meaningless to such people and an utter exercise in futility in trying to convince a mind that can not be convinced against its will.

When people can not respectfully agree to disagree and then leave it at that and move forward what you have is a perpetual cycle of rancor, acrimony and fear, often driven by slander and purposeful misrepresentation to validate hopelessly entrenched positions.

This is what Rome has instilled through divide and conquers techniques of teaching different people different rigid doctrines for the sake of controlling them through the chaos that ensues.

It is in fact so effective, even when people are engaged in it; up to their eyeballs they can not see it.

This is why I feel personally it is better to ignore people whose minds are predisposed to never honestly considering anything but what their minds have long ago been convinced of.

Sadly most people who can’t agree to disagree can never walk away, but have that inherent need to dominate Rome has instilled in them.

They are utterly convinced this is correct and some virtue, and once again convincing a mind against it’s will a mind already made up is futile.

See it for what it is, understand that those who imagine they do not serve Rome in fact serve it quite well.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Man you really are long winded!!! Come on let’s get real here, if these fools, that you wrote about in your epic fail thread, are Soooo Powerful why would they include you in on it? Also, I don’t think I am afraid of jackass's who take 2000 years to take over the world, they have commitment issues and most likely enjoy World of Warcraft.

Think about it, 2000 years? come on, Rome could have Just crushed the Pharisees, not pander to some stupid idea that takes 2000 years to become reality.

edit on 17-9-2010 by poedxsoldiervet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
King Herod's royal theater box discovered at Herodium
www.dailyindia.com...
www.jpost.com...

Jerusalem, Sept 16: A royal box built at the upper level of King Herod's private theatre at Herodium has been unveiled, and it indicates the luxurious lifestyle favoured by the well-known Jewish monarch.

Prof. Ehud Netzer conducted the excavations at Herodium National Park at the eastern edge of Gush Etzion region, under the auspices of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem Institute of Archaeology, the Jerusalem Post reported.

The theatre, first revealed in 2008, is located halfway up the hill near Herod's mausoleum, whose exposure in 2007 aroused worldwide attention.

According to Prof. Nezter, the highly decorated, fairly small theatre was built in approximately 15 BC, which was the year of the visit of Roman leader Marcus Agrippa to Judea, Emperor Augustus's right-hand man.

The royal box (measuring eight by seven meters and about six meters high) is the central space among a group of rooms attached to the upper part of the theatre's structure.

Herodium
en.wikipedia.org...

In 40 BCE, after the Parthian conquest of Syria, Herod fled to Masada. On the way, at the location of Herodion, Herod clashed with the Parthians and emerged victorious. According to the Roman Jewish historian Josephus, he "built a town on that spot in commemoration of his victory, and enhanced it with wonderful palaces... and he called it Herodion after himself" (The Wars of the Jews I, Chapter 13).

New Finds at King Herod's Tomb: 2,000-Year-Old Frescoes
news.nationalgeographic.com...
King Herod's Tomb Unearthed Near Jerusalem, Expert Says
King Herod's Tomb Said Found Near Jerusalem
news.nationalgeographic.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

Time line

4 BC
4 BC - Verse 1 - "In the time of King Herod" This King Herod died in 4 BC. - "wise men from the East" They were astrologers, probably not kings. Verse 2 - "observed his star at its rising" probably refers to a comet. "At its rising" could also be translated as "at ...Verse 1 - "In the time of King Herod" This King Herod died in 4 BC. - "wise men from the East" They were astrologers, probably not kings. Verse 2 - "observed his star at its rising" probably refers to a comet. "At its rising" could also be translated as "at the place of the rising of the sun, ie, the east." Celestial events such as this were understood to be omens of the future. That this comet is understood to be a sign of the birth of a "child who has been born King of ...

www.google.com... +Search#q=King+Herod&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=QDf&rls=org.mozilla:en-US
fficial&channel=s&prmd=ivnb&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=tKGTTO_sBM7MngephJ24CA&sa=X&oi =timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=19&ved=0CGgQ5wIwEg&fp=6f32b8af52b7e0b8

Jfzky8JBB7k

www.youtube.com...

edit on 013030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: none

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This is to weird, I am checking out the archeology site and,

Relics kept in the Twin Towers sent back to Iraq

In all the twists and tragedies spanning 9/11 and the invasion of Iraq, few would think to look for a happy subplot in the world of archaeology. But consider the travails of 362 tiny clay tablets. Forged in southern Iraq 4,000-odd years ago, then crushed in the collapse of the twin towers, the tablets are now back in Iraq.

Decorated with cuneiform script – the oldest-known form of human writing – the tiny tablets were shipped in early 2001 from Dubai
to the Port of Newark in New Jersey by smugglers. There were presumably headed to new hands in return for considerable sums of money. The tablets, each one smaller than a deck of cards, were initially valued at $330,000. In another sense, though,

they were priceless, in part because they referenced one of the most powerful officials of the Third Dynasty of Ur, 2000 years before Christ.

www.independent.co.uk...

en.wikipedia.org...

along with,

10 September 2010
www.bbc.co.uk...

Cyrus Cylinder loaned to Iran by British Museum, sent back to Iraq

en.wikipedia.org...

The Cyrus Cylinder is a Babylonian document of the 6th century BC, discovered in the ruins of Babylon in 1879[2] and now in the British Museum. It is a clay cylinder, broken into several fragments, on which is written a declaration in Akkadian cuneiform script[2]. The text is in the name of the Achaemenid Persian king Cyrus the Great.[3]

The Cylinder was created following the Persian conquest of Babylon in 539 BC, when the Persian army under Cyrus invaded the Neo-Babylonian Empire and incorporated it into the Persian Empire. The Babylonian king Nabonidus was defeated in battle by the Persians and was deposed by Cyrus, who replaced him as ruler of Babylonia. The text on the Cylinder commemorates the Persian victory and praises Cyrus's kingly virtues, listing his genealogy as a king from a line of kings, in contrast with the low-born Nabonidus. The deposed king is denounced as an impious oppressor of the people of Babylonia

edit on 123030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: none

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet

Man you really are long winded!!! Come on let’s get real here, if these fools, that you wrote about in your epic fail thread, are Soooo Powerful why would they include you in on it? Also, I don’t think I am afraid of jackass's who take 2000 years to take over the world, they have commitment issues and most likely enjoy World of Warcraft.

Think about it, 2000 years? come on, Rome could have Just crushed the Pharisees, not pander to some stupid idea that takes 2000 years to become reality.

First I won't be anwering questions based on the misrepresentations brought on by a few select members artfully parapaphrasing, exagerating and taking out of context quotes for the sole purpose of charachter assassination.

Second I advise people to fully read the opening piece and the first several pages of the thread before engaging in the redundancy of asking the same questions over and over again long ago answered, who instead chose to reach a false conclusion from the artful paraphrasing and exagerations of out of context quotes for the purpose of charachter assassination by some religious inspired, and off topic posters.

Finally considering it took 2,000 years to simply create World of War Craft a video game before technology and a market for such things could be created, you might want to better consider the logistics of conquering a diverse and huge globe, colonizing it and instilling in those diverse people shared concepts of monotheism, banking, commerce, and law.

Thanks for the rant.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

No not really, 2000 years to control the world, there weak. 2000 Years come on one is patient enough, Hitler’s advisors told him Germany is not ready for a war with Russia, what does he do his impatient ass invades Russia to lose the war.... These 2000 year old fairy tale your spouting off have to be the dumbest people in the world. You say they were colonizing, I doubt it They already had taken over much of the world, The should have concentrated on consolidating their power.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Well these weak people, happen to be controlling your world and much of your destiny. Whether you fully choose to investigate that or not. So if you aren't in a similiar elevated position, of wealth, power, and prestige that they are, you might want to reconsider your definitions of weak.

Had you read the thread you would have discovered many things including that less than 10% of my information regarding this theory comes from inside information, as well as things like it took hundreds of years just to get pagans in Europe to stop celebrating Yule. Which in desperation Rome finally chose to claim that Christ was born on December 25th right smack dab in the middle of it, even though astronomers concluded based on the position of the Star that alleged to herald Jesus's birth could have only been sighted in that region of the Middle East in March.

Even after introducing Christ into the Holiday it still took hundreds of more years to fully instill it which is why to this day you hear Yule Tide Greetings as a part of Christmas.

In fact no it's not a push button video game, that if you actually had to invent the game and technology before pushing the instant gratification button you would still be trying to figure it all out.

Read the thread to get a better understanding of these things.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

yes they are weak, and no they don’t control my destiny. And Yes they are weak and no, Rome didn’t say Jesus Christ was born on the 25th of December, the Church did .(read the link) Of course there is powerful organizations that control the way the world is being ran today, but there called bankers and the military industrial complex, not some 2000 year old cracker jacks who watched as the mighty Roman Empire crumbled around them. Some say Jesus was actually born in April not December, as the corrupt catholic church teaches.

And I have read the thread, I couldn’t get past page 5 of your online gang who were falling all over themselves, to post your praises. kind of gave me a headache, and for anyone to think that it takes 2000 years to conquer a world is in need of a reality check.

www.christianitytoday.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Graffiti (singular: graffito; the plural is used as a mass noun) is the name for images or lettering scratched, scrawled, painted or marked in any manner on property. Graffiti is any type of public markings that may appear in the forms of simple written words to elaborate wall paintings. Graffiti has existed since ancient times, with examples dating back to Ancient Greece and the Roman Empire.[1]

en.wikipedia.org...

As usual what a few posters fail to see is the tie-ins to Rome not in just everything, but their own behavior in this thread.

People using the thread, for a political platform, many who have made no earnest attempt to even read the opening post or any significant amount of the thread, are simply using it the way the ancient Romans used the walls of homes and fortifications within the city, to post the cyber equivalent of Graffiti.

Religion, politics, character assassination of political figures and leaders, were all commonly promoted through such graffiti.

Aimed at simply drumming up support from like minded people, and fermenting discourse and rancor, Graffiti is yet another Roman-Greco invention.

When it’s plastered in ATS Threads as short ad-hominid attacks, blustering bravado, and off topic agendas, it simply degrades the quality of discussion and turns such attempts into a Circus!

Circus another Roman invention!

In fact while many are loathe too admit it, I can display time and time again, through many posters behaviors how they have been completely Romanized and indoctrinated into the Roman system, despite the fact they don’t even know it, or can perceive it.

Who would have thunk it!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

yes there weak, and no they don’t control my destiny. But Yes there weak and no Rome didn’t say Jesus Christ was born on the 25th of December the Church did .(read the link) Of course there is powerful organizations that control the way the world is being run today, but there called bankers and the military industrial complex, not some 2000 years old cracker jacks who watched as the mighty Roman Empire crumbled around them. Some say Jesus was actually born in April not December as the corrupt catholic church teaches.

And I have read the thread, I couldn’t get past page 5 your online gang was following all over themselves, kind of gave me a headache, and for anyone to think that it takes 2000 years to conquer a world is in need of a reality check.

www.christianitytoday.com...

So besides now establishing you choose to use highly biased sources for your information regarding Christianity, and that you haven't read the thread, for personal reasons of your own, and you feel you are in some position of power while following six hundred thousand laws and codes, surrendering the lion share of your income in taxes, becaue you have so much power, much of which flows to Rome and the wealthiest patricians, we can surmize you are angry!

Outstanding, I am so very happy for you.

This is how Rome prefers you to be, while you pretend to be the Master of your own destiny.

However having said that, you have failed to promote any alternative theory, or any research to support it, and seem simply focused on a religious agenda.

In the meantime, Rome still controls the International Banking Cartell, the Nations themselves, and the Laws that Govern most nations and most things through a series of treaties which you have never read, or are likely even aware of.

So besides some blanket denial aimed at pleasing yourself and a few other posters unable to discuss issues of substance as it pertains to the thread, is there anything else you would like to share today, to help keep us all ignorant and angry?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

ORRRRRRRRR, you just look to much into things, of Course Rome/Greece have ties with a lot of Western things, they pretty much conquered it.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

ORRRRRRRRR, you just look to much into things, of Course Rome/Greece have ties with a lot of Western things, they pretty much conquered it.

Yes I can see how a full investigation of things would take some away from their video games and chest pounding.

That it is much more preferrable to accept ready made answers that serve the elite and a system that rewards you very little while challenging you even less, through simple bread and circuses like video games, and the controversy of gladitorial cyber action, whether it be a video game or a poorly researched debate, you enter into for an audience of a few cheering and jeering fans.

So I am to assume then, that no not having read the thread, and not having any cognizant theory of your own as to who is driving world events, you are running out of ways to entertain your small audience?

That as long as you can use google and look at the number one answer for any question, promoted by a highly biased source, for your answers to any question, you are satisfied?

Very well then, we are in disagreement.

Feel better now? I hope so!

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

That source just points out that Jesus was not born on the 25th of December, you talk about me not reading. And Yes I did not read through the whole thread, it’s the same BS you say its Rome other say your goofy, why read through it all? My taxes go to Washington DC, the current seat of Western Power, not Rome a Capitol city of Italy you had a hard time defeating the Greeks and Ethiopians during WW II. So you see why I find it hard to believe that Rome is all powerful, that's like saying the French actually have won a war, (besides when they fought against themselves)

The Banking Cartels are controlled in London and New York, I haven’t see the world spiral out of control because Rome had a recession. Show me these treaties that say ROME controls the financial empire? Can you? There Treaties they most have been ratified by the US Senate for them to become legal in the US.

You talk about discussions of substance your using a straw man argument there buddy, and anyone who says I got this information on the inside is delusional at best.

You came up with this Rome thing, if you believe this crap, why is it so hard for you to believe that maybe Jesus had it right all along? I mean Peter did foretell of an Anti-Christ with lots of power, and a one world government, who’s to say your Rome theory is exactly what Peter said it would be and the only thing Missing is the Rapture?

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

These answers are containted within the thread that you have admitted to not wanting to read.

So rather than me spending hours to repost what I have already posted for you to either spend hours reading them, or simply dismissing them, how about you actually read the thread, and enter the debate honestly.

Most of your questions regarding divide and conquer warfare has to do with depopulation, forced migrations, and creating the pretext for future events through Hegelian principles favored by the Elite.

If you don't understand basic strategy, which clearly you do not, or you would not be asking such questions, and you really are genuinely interested in seeking resources and answers, read the thread, that's what the thread exists for.

Not to entertain you because some one else at home is playing your World of Warcraft Game.

Read the thread, and then ask intelligent questions based on what you have read, as opposed to what you assume is in the thread, or worse still based on a few false renderings of what is in the thread, by posters with agendas and theories that they can not well promote or agrue sucessfully here.

Know that there are about six of them, signed on right now, starring you, not because you are saying anything intelligent, but simply because of your beligerent and confrontational stance.

These people consitute the core of a small forum gang dedicated to derailing this thread, that I did lodge a formal complaint with ATS earlier today, naming them spefically and providing links to the posts that highlight their coordinated efforts.

Now if you really don't have anything intelligent to add or ask, and insist on not reading the thread, I am sorry but I truly am not here to baby sit people.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

In the thread, in the thread. BS man there is nothing in here but your word alone, No hard facts just speculation excuse me for being a skeptic, you are sewing together tidbits of stuff and none if it makes sense. Show me the Treaties and the facts and I will admit I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I think you should put all your research about Rome online, create a website where everything will be well organized and designed. Your site could be use as a great resource tool to help us dig even deeper in this fascinating conspiracy.

Please ProtoplasmicTraveler, let me know if you decide to do it.

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Proto my freind, as always this has been a very well written thread.

I stared and flagged this thread not becuase of it's facts or accuracy [I find that lacking] when it was first posted. I did so knowing that it would be a very entertaining read. Knowing that you and your EGO would make a giant horse race out of it. It hasn't failed my first impression.

When it’s plastered in ATS Threads as short ad-hominid attacks, blustering bravado, and off topic agendas, it simply degrades the quality of discussion and turns such attempts into a Circus!

You and I both know that people will have and do have a right to their opinions. Whether we agree with them or not is irrelevant. What should be considered is whether or not we can set our EGOs aside long enough to respect their points of views and acknowledge one does not have all the answers. Slamming other posters who post those opinions on an OPEN forum and then accusing them of "Not Getting it becuase they are brain washed" is simply a cop out.

So besides some blanket denial aimed at pleasing yourself and a few other posters unable to discuss issues of substance as it pertains to the thread, is there anything else you would like to share today, to help keep us all ignorant and angry?

You know North America is predominantly Protestant, Who were they protesting? Oh yeah the Catholic Church. So it should not come as a surprise to anyone reading it that a well written thread whether based on fact or as in the case of this one based on Conjecture, Speculation and Opinions would do so well.

It will find eager audiences with many different groups and individuals. Muslim, Jews and Atheists etc or anyone who has personal issues with either Christianity or the Catholic Church.

Agenda anyone?

PEACE

Slay

posted on Sep, 17 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   

In the thread, in the thread. BS man there is nothing in here but your word alone, No hard facts just speculation excuse me for being a skeptic, you are sewing together tidbits of stuff and none if it makes sense. Show me the Treaties and the facts and I will admit I am wrong.

I already have the links to them are in the thread, the thread you refuse to read, that you simply want to assail without reading because it obviously offends your religious sensibilities.

I get that your religious sensibilities are offended. Do you get you are not making any attempt to educate what's been put into the thread for a reason, and that reason is to use as a resource for those interested in learning and debating and sharing.

The Treaty of Paris alone is 1,000 pages, are you really going to read it? That's one of hundreds of significant Treaties that spell out how Rome contractually rules the world, the consist of hundreds of thousands of pages, some of which are in Latin.

By your own admission you have not read the thread to know what is in it, so saying what is not in it is absurd.

Further, if you want to base your whole position on a Fisherman knowing Jesus, and what he learned as a result, then how does it become implausible anyone might know someone through luck or circusmtance that would give them access to information?

Read the thread.

Present an intelligent, rational debate.

Otherwise you really are just making baseless assumptions and showing your own lack of focus and scholarly effort.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 91  92  93    95  96  97 >>

join