It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 82
<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

You are welcome Proto, missing following this amazing thread, I am noticing things everyday that validate that all Roads truly do Lead to Rome.

Really? What a fanciful idea, it's not like the Vatican is calling for a one world government and currency administered by it!

Oh wait...it is, seems that the Pontificus Maximus has been fairly busy this month!

PopPope Benedict XVI called for a “true world political authority” to manage the economy in his new encyclical on social justice. The encyclical, entitled “Charity in Truth,” was released by the Vatican on Tuesday and signed by the pope a day earlier.

Benedict’s encyclical specifically called for “regulation of the financial sector,” and a “worldwide redistribution of energy resources.” Benedict added that “the State’s role seems destined to grow” if his political prescription is followed.

“There is urgent need of a true world political authority,” Benedict wrote in the 30,000-word encyclical, calling for “reform of the United Nations Organization, and likewise of economic institutions and international finance, so that the concept of the family of nations can acquire real teeth.”

Benedict described what a powerful world government with teeth would look like: “Such an authority would need to be universally recognized and to be vested with the effective power to ensure security for all.” He added: “Obviously it would have to have the authority to ensure compliance with its decisions from all parties” — that is, nations.

At best, Benedict is proposing a global federation that would improve upon the U.S. Constitution’s checks and balances. “Such an authority would need to be regulated by law, to observe consistently the principles of subsidiarity,” Benedict says.

The New American

The Chicago Examiner adds this and I put the interesting part in bold.

According to an article posted by The NewAmerican.com, the Pope also calls for the reform of the United Nations, economic institutions and international finance in order that "the concept of the family of nations can acquire real teeth (emphasis added)." It now appears that the Vatican is joining in with groups such as the Council on Foreign Relations, the Bilderbergers, and the Trilateral Commission, in its call for a new world order.

Chicago Examiner

Which makes one wonder what came first the chicken or the egg?

Has in fact the Council for Foreign Relations, the Bilderbergers and the Trilateral Commission, been promoting these ideas such as one world government and one world currency to popularize them first, so the ideas don't seem to originate from and be just for Rome's benefit?

When a main stream news outlet like the Chicago Examiner starts writing articles that at first glance you would think a member of ATS wrote...well, the writing is definately on the wall!

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Speaking of the Vatican

09-17-09
Is the Catholic Church the dominant financial force in the world!

The following quotes are from articles and speeches pertaining to the estimated wealth of the Catholic Church.
1. The Vatican has large investments with the Rothschilds of Britain, France and America, with the Hambros Bank, with the Credit Suisse in London and Zurich. In the United States it has large investments with the Morgan Bank, the Chase-Manhattan Bank, the First National Bank of New York, the Bankers Trust Company, and others. The Vatican has billions of shares in the most powerful international corporations such as Gulf Oil, Shell, General Motors, Bethlehem Steel, General Electric, International Business Machines, T.W.A., etc. At a conservative estimate, these amount to more than 500 million dollars in the U.S.A. alone.

2. The Vatican's treasure of solid gold has been estimated by the United Nations World Magazine to amount to several billion dollars. A large bulk of this is stored in gold ingots with the U.S. Federal Reserve Bank, while banks in England and Switzerland hold the rest. But this is just a small portion of the wealth of the Vatican, which in the U.S. alone, is greater than that of the five wealthiest giant corporations of the country. When to that is added all the real estate, property, stocks and shares abroad, then the staggering accumulation of the wealth of the Catholic church becomes so formidable as to defy any rational assessment.

3. The Catholic church is the biggest financial power, wealth accumulator and property owner in existence. She is a greater possessor of material riches than any other single institution, corporation, bank, giant trust, government or state of the whole globe. The pope, as the visible ruler of this immense amassment of wealth, is consequently the richest individual of the twentieth century. No one can realistically assess how much he is worth in terms of billions of dollars.

Here are two more sources and opinions on the topic.

www.soulcast.com...

www.cai.org...

www.dailypaul.com...

This is astonding information, those who don't think that All Roads Lead To Rome and they are not controlling us and our countries it is time that they think again, in the meantime three quarters of the World is starving to death, that is the way they want it, what better way to get rid of major populations.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Has in fact the Council for Foreign Relations, the Bilderbergers and the Trilateral Commission, been promoting these ideas such as one world government and one world currency to popularize them first, so the ideas don't seem to originate from and be just for Rome's benefit?

I hardly think this is new, the fact is we are becoming aware of it, the veil is lifting so to speak, interesting that the Vatican wants us to know, or should I say they only want us to know little bits and pieces, it makes them look legitimate in the eyes of some.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
God gave a land to Abraham and Rome conquered it. In the year 66 AD the Jews of Judea rebelled against their Roman masters, and Rome destroyed the Temple of God because Rome feared the Jewish religious movements and Rome later assimilate jewish Religious beliefs and modified it to creat a new religion (Catholicism:the Roman Catholic Church)to manipulate populations, to help Rome's ambitious agenda of taking control of the world.

Real Jews are peacefully waiting for God to give back the Land promised to Abraham, Rome since 66 AD did all it can to portray Jews as evil because in reality Rome doesn't want the world to know the truth about Judaism. Rome used zionists to control the land of Israel but zionists are not Jews they are Roman puppets and Theodor Herzl is a traitor and a impostor.

The United Nation International Court of Justice Logo, discreetly revealed the supreme authority at the top of the pyramid...The Empire of Rome !

www.unostamps.nl...
International_Court_of_Justice Logo

www.unostamps.nl...
www.unostamps.nl...

[edit on 19-7-2010 by Isaacland]

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by KilIuminati
you should've posted this 2000 years ago

There was no Internet 2,000 years ago! I actually had to go around door to door trying to spread this by word of mouth!

What a chore that was too. If you think government is bad today, you should have seen it back then.

I would knock on a door, midday, to find most of the occupants sweltering and suffering from heatstroke in their non air-conditioned houses.

So before I could even talk to them, I would have to pick them up, and carry them down one at a time in my arms to the nearest river, lake or sea, and gently submerge them in the water to revive them before I could even begin to speak to them about these things.

Half the time even then after they were alert and cooled back down, they were starving to death so I would then have to teach them to fish or give them some bread.

A good many of them were really sick too from their poor living conditions, leprosy, cataracts and poorly set bones from breaks that left them hobbled and crippled.

Those people would be too embarrassed to want to talk and hear about Rome so I would have to clean them up, perform cataract surgery, reset their bones, etc., etc.

Oh sure, I made some friends, developed quite a loyal almost cult like following if I dare say, but wow, and I mean wow, the government in Rome and Jerusalem where I was initially concentrating my efforts sure did not take kindly to my words and charitable ways.

I sure learned my lesson!

Boy, was I happy when they finally invented the Internet, this is much easier!

posted on Jul, 19 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Sounds like you started the "born again" movement! Its too bad they failed to include indoctrination of Rome in their agenda.

So I tried to share this information with a friend of a friend and she rejected it as I should have expected. I need a new group of friends with a mindset similar to my own. I'd like to be able to discuss these things in a face to face setting with people. Most of my friends don't care enough to talk about these things.

I'd like to be able to do something about all this, but for now knowing is half the battle.

I was curious, do you know the names and/or lineages of these people who man the Council of Rome? Maybe its in the thread somewhere but due to the deluge of information on here I might have missed it. Would we be talking the usual suspects such as: the Rothschilds, the Rockefellers, the Murdochs, etc.? I have a feeling that as of yet we do not know these people's names.

posted on Jul, 22 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Happy belated birthday Proto... I had you pegged for a cancer, believe it or not?

I was wondering if you were going to do a thread on the trip that you were talking about taking last month? I would love to hear about it.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by HothSnake]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I know you believe this to be true, but how dont we know that you are a false prophet warned about in the bible?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by denynothing
I know you believe this to be true, but how dont we know that you are a false prophet warned about in the bible?

How do we know I am not a false prophet warned about in the Bible?

Oh boy!

I really need to get a publicist!

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake
Happy belated birthday Proto... I had you pegged for a cancer, believe it or not?

I was wondering if you were going to do a thread on the trip that you were talking about taking last month? I would love to hear about it.

[edit on 22-7-2010 by HothSnake]

Thanks my friend, my target date for the trip has been and continues to be August.

That will depend on a few different factors as the false prophet business is really busy this time of year!

I will of course post what ever I do or don't discover when I go, and I do intend to go, if not sooner then later.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
All less traveled wooded paths lead to ...... Walden Pond?

In past threads while reading your posts Proto, I often thought how in line your thinking seemed to be with the writings of Henry Thoreau. And it occurred to me that perhaps Thoreau's ideas provide the best path that veers off the road to Rome and into a peaceful world of chirping birds, flowers and trees.

The contrast between Thoreau and Roman Ideology is indeed stark. While Roman's demand obedience to a strictly regimented hierarchy of leadership. Thoreau on the other hand advises one to live life deliberately and follow only what oneself has concluded via independent thought what the right course of action is. For Romans, controlling and directing nature is paramount and the most beautiful lawn is one that is weed free with perfectly manicured hedges and pruned trees. Thoreau, on the other hand, would of course find the most beauty with nature in the woods in its natural state, largely unmanipulated by humans.

Now keep in mind Thoreau's writings were not merely some esoteric musings that intellectuals study just for sheer enjoyment, as worthy an endeavor as that may be. His writings, especially his essay "On the Duty of Civil Disobedience" was very influential on the minds of Gandhi and Reverend Martin Luther King Jr, the leaders of what many consider, in terms of idealism, the greatest movements of the modern era. What those movements showed is the practical do-ability of Thoreau's ideas in the real world as an alternative to the Roman paradigm.

But as expected the modern Roman politicians do not want to have anything to do with Thoreauvian ideals and have, unfortunately, been fairly successful in avoiding or preventing the masses from adopting the those ideals by directing and focusing the minds of the masses away from the principles that guided Gandhi and King and instead focused on the glorifying the individual figures themselves. The Romanesque politicians don't mind if the memories of the Thoreauvian leaders are revered, just so long as their ideas are largely forgotten.

Oh, and by the way, Thoreau was already a hero of mine before I found out that I share the same birthday with him, and apparently with you as well, July 12th.

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by KilIuminati
you should've posted this 2000 years ago

There was no Internet 2,000 years ago! I actually had to go around door to door trying to spread this by word of mouth!

What a chore that was too. If you think government is bad today, you should have seen it back then.

I would knock on a door, midday, to find most of the occupants sweltering and suffering from heatstroke in their non air-conditioned houses.

Proto, You are killin me! Don't know when I have laughed so hard. And the funny thing is....I could almost believe you did all this!!!! Your knowledge is so vast and the way you present the history...well, it does seem that perhaps you were there!

I always found history such a dry subject, perhaps due to teachers that required memorization of dates and events that really taught nothing. You have a wonderful gift for making history come alive...and its much more than history. You tie in philosophy and very sound reasoning; you have shown how ancient history resonates in our current events of today. This thread is a very important work and a true labor of love for people and principles. Thank you, Proto.

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Alethea]

[edit on 23-7-2010 by Alethea]

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Sorry if I am interrupting the current flow, but I am still trying to catch-up.

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yet when we get back too, Jesus proclaiming, “All must render unto Caesar that which is Caesars” we are seeing a few things.

First and foremost why is Caesar synonymous with earthly power? If Jesus was a Hebrew Rabbi why exactly did he choose a Roman Emperor? Why not King Herod? Jerusalem had not yet fallen in the time of Biblical Jesus, so this statement makes little sense.

Unless of course, Jesus wanted to perpetuate and glorify the power of Rome, and to instill the notion of the Divine Right of Kings, by placing Caesar on the same earthly level as God.

This is more strong anecdotal evidence that the Biblical Jesus was modeled off of Caesar and that on earth Caesar had to be respected to the same extent God is in the heavens.

Could this story not have another meaning? If you remember, Jesus found the coin in the fishes mouth when he made the statement about "rendering unto Ceasar". Could it be that this story was to illustrate that the regime acquired its power by molesting the little fishes/little people, and taking the very food out of their mouths to support the decadent system?

The money always travels up. The oil or fat, Lard, always rises to the top and is supported upon the waters (seas=peoples).

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Saw this article today. Thought it made your point about what happens to nations that refuse to submit to Rome. I particularly like this tidbit that further proves your point regarding Roman Maritime Law.

She said the disputes interfere with maritime commerce, hamper access to nternational waters in the area and undermine the U.N. law of the sea

NKorea tensions spike at Asian security forum

HANOI, Vietnam – North Korea nflamed already-high tensions in the region over the deadly sinking of a South Korean warship by threatening the United States and South Korea on Friday with a "physical response" if they carry out military drills as planned on Sunday. The U.S. refused to back down, saying any new talks with the North are unlikely in the current standoff. they carry out military drills as planned on Sunday. The U.S. refused to back down, saying any new talks with the North are unlikely in the current standoff.

On Wednesday, Clinton announced in the South Korean capital that the U.S would slap new sanctions on the North to stifle its nuclear ambitions and punish it for the sinking of the South Korean ship. The penalties will target the country's elite by taking aim at illicit activities, such as counterfeiting cigarettes and cash and money laundering On Friday, the European Union said it will also consider imposing new sanctions on the North

I, as always, severely doubt the media coverage on foreign countries such as NK, Iran and China. I am not even sure that these people they say are "bad people" are really bad. Who knows the real truth about things. Maybe the entire reason for the famine and lack of healthcare in NK is because of the Roman [UN] sanctions?

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by QtheQ

In my humble opinion one of the things that so inflicts us, is that Rome’s indoctrination of the masses through education, religion and institutions, seems to impact heavily even the freest thinkers.

Yesterday as I was entering a local grocer a clipboard wielding young man asked me if I would sign a petition to legalize marijuana. With shoulder length hair, a pronounced six o’clock shadow on my unshaven face, sandals, shorts and a tropical print casual shirt, and a well maintained tan, I practically have dope fiend written all over me.

Yet he was amazed when I said no, and explained, if I were to sign that petition I would be admitting that marijuana is illegal, and against the law, and it would be entered into public record as me recognizing marijuana is illegal and against the law, and as such my permission for the government to regulate it and decide if its proper and lawful.

I went on to explain to him that if I were to ever then imbibe in Marijuana and run afoul of the law this would effectively prohibit me from challenging the legality of the state regulating a natural substance that grows in the wild and is part of nature.

I would have already tacitly agreed it’s against the law, and signed my name to such a statement.

I would then have to play the game by their rules, because I acknowledged their rules as being valid, and them as being the authority required to acquiesce to altering those rules.

He couldn’t understand that and looked at me like I am from Mars (no truth to that rumor) and asked why I wouldn’t help to legalize it.

I tried to explain to him that in fact it’s not illegal; you just believe its illegal, because you believe you have to follow their rules, and accept their rules.

You seek permission from your Masters, while I seek permission from no one.

You want to fight them using their rules, their way, through their process, and I don’t want to engage them in that form on a playing field that I would have already helped them stack in their favor by signing something like that.

He couldn’t understand, despite being a free thinker, and someone who obviously doesn’t follow all the laws.

He felt as so many people do that you can only change parts of the system by going through the system, and using the systems rules.

He couldn’t even imagine how approaching it a different way could be effective let alone more effective.
He could not comprehend how playing the game by house rules, is almost certainly always going to lead the house winning.

Rats caught in a maze, that rather than seek a way out of, they just want to modify the maze to be more user friendly for them individually.

That’s how deep and effective the whole system is and the indoctrination to it.

In the end what really had him caught up is how under your approach do you deal with the police, and revealed that the fear of being your own person is the fear of force and kidnapping by henchmen of the state that won’t allow it.

I laughed and told him what I consider to be the truth, you don’t deal with the police, you deal with the judges and the courts that direct them.

Of course that would require accepting an element of uncertainty and chance and understanding this is very important, because what Rome really sells the people is the illusion of security.

Behave, follow the program, all be well, you will be granted absolution and deemed good!

Yet the truth is that no one can sell you security as life is a temporal, uncertain and constantly in flux event. A meteor could wipe us all out 5 minutes from now.

Yet practically the entire planet has given up its sovereignty and self determination for a false sense of security that only leads to their exploitation and enslavement and lack of security.

They are afraid of the inconvenience and risk and responsibility that come along with being your own person and living by your own code and convictions.

We have come to detest and despise the one thing that makes us human and that is our own uniqueness. We have come to prize conformity and rules, others having authority over us, and to believe that this is the way, the proper way to live and enjoy life.

This is all taught gradually and incrementally and subtly over the course of at least the first 18 years of a persons life, in such a way that most people can’t even perceive what is being done to them and why and to what end.

People have become institutionalized the world over and at the top of that stands Rome.

Gandhi likely meant well but today India is a nation where the vast majority of the people labor in sweatshop conditions for a pittance to provide goods and services sold for insane profits not shared with them.

They do this willingly and eagerly and they do it all the more willingly and eagerly because Rome granted them that illusion that they are doing it for themselves and not simply for the benefit of the British Empire.

So the shocking truth is, that often when someone like Gandhi blazes a trail towards what people imagine is going to be a much better tomorrow, it is really Rome stepping back and saying, well you have been Romanized enough so that if we give you the illusion of your own independence you will still act and behave and produce like good Romans do.

In India’s case it certainly has done just that.

India today produces far more for the Empire than it would have under British rule. Like our own history in America the trend setters and revolutionaries who lead us to a better tomorrow or really just leading us to a better pen!

Better for Rome.

Once the cults of personalities die out in a generation or two, and the people focus on being prosperous in the Roman system, the same perverse rules and management and entities just creep back in and become more deeply entrenched than ever.

We love to look to those few shining moments and examples of the rebels, revolutionaries, prophets, and luminaries and those fleeting victories as being more sustaining and more meaningful than they really are, which sadly ultimately leads to that conclusion one is free and not living in Rome.

We love to overlook everything that has transpired subsequently and the present state of affairs to proclaim our true ideals are of those great founders, and that if something is wrong if we but rededicate ourselves to their path, we will right out course, and realize that promise.

Personally I don’t believe this strategy is working out to well for the people of the world, it does seem to be working out excellently for Rome though.

Will people ever really come to live as nature intended them too, by being themselves, and respecting nature?

I don’t know, but I sure would love to think that one day we will.

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The Leviathan of Rome is indeed powerful,

the thing about the petition is interesting i never thought about petitions that way

but seriously its way too hard to get out of the system, i mean first we are handed over to the state by our parents and joined to a corporation, then we recieved our SIN number so we could work making us an employee of the State and subject to the QUEEN/CROWN's rules,

but seriously there is nop way to attain "legitimate" work without a SIN, unless you go by Private common law contract with an employeer and almost no one is willing to do that these days,

sometimes when i think about people being free to follow their own paths, i think of all the compassionate people we would have in the world who would mind their own business and just live life to themselves, but then there would be those who take advantage of them and kill and gain power and do whatever they please,

a world like that isnt sustainable either,

the system we have now, may not be ideal but it is working to an extent, at least contracts are upheld by rome, at least we have an illusion of freedom and rights, without Rome we may have nothing at all to count on,

people are generally emotional, irrational and need illusions or dellusions just to get through the day,

i remember when i was in highschool 3 years ago, i critized this girl who was petiioning for a cancer research charity/fund,

i told her that there was already a cure for cancer, that it was being supressed, and that the charity she was volunteering for wanted money to fund research that would create a patentable cure that they could then sell for billions,

she got very upset and said,

then what am i supposed to do nothing, at least im doing something

she was willing to continue believing in the illusion and reject even a consideration of the truth just to appease her moral conscience, regardless of the what the facts were

that is when i realized that a majority of people need illusions, to them the illusions are as much reality as everything thats real

most people cant handle the truth,

so can we hardly blame Rome for giving the people what they want?

"What is one to do when in order to rule men it is necessary to deceive them?"

Yes maybe Rome is doing some bad stuff to some people or letting some bad things happen,

but could you create and matain a gloabl empire or system that keeps almost every part of our societies in balance to the extent we enjoy today,

i hear many people say we need a world built on compassion and love, sounds great but its horribly unrealistic, its another illusion that people think can be a reality,

we need the best possible practical results, and i think that Rome is gearing towards that goal.

so you can either choose to accept them or deny them thats your decision, but i wouldnt be able to think of a way shape the world in a better way,

right now their system is what we have.

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

It’s true we have a ‘wonderful’ world wide system of artificial scarcity and might makes right that does incorporate the majority of the masses in a physically sustaining lifestyle.

Yet there is more to life than just physically sustaining the body. The mind, the heart, the soul all need nourishment and a chance to grow too, and Rome’s well ordered system of governance that prizes uniformity and conformity above all is purposefully negligent in that regard.

Rome teaches us to prize hard work, physical possessions, to horde what we can ourselves, and absolution and security comes through absolute adherence without question to the State and it’s Laws regardless of there morality and propriety.

So yes, if you prize living a life that is designed to engage and indulge only the narrowest aspect of your humanity, and to gluttonously indulge in those things to the point of distraction and sacrifice of real balance of the body, mind, heart and soul then, wow, but wow, this is a great planet for you!

Clearly though this system is not just robbing us of our true potential but it is also slowly but steadily raping and destroying the entire planet and all forms of life that exist on it.

I will not make excuses for this system no matter how well entrenched or how difficult it is to challenge it.

The truth is no, no one need labor for a corporation unless they truly desire. Everyone has a skill that can be developed that will enable them to work for themselves.

One of the things Rome’s system does is rob us of our creativity our individual ability to imagine and dream and to then turn those things into reality, and turns us into pessimists and skeptics along the way, so most of us end up doing Rome’s light duty police work and thought control work.

You might feel you are poorly equipped to change the world, but I labor under no such belief.

One person can make a difference in the scheme of things in both large and small ways, and above all Rome truly does not want you to believe that.

I am here to tell you that yes you can as an individual positively impact the world.

No one in the ruling cabal is any different than you are. They sleep they wake, they eat they defecate, they laugh they cry, they bleed when pricked, they put their pants one leg on at a time, and they are mortal human beings.

So no, they enjoy no advantage other than the ones we willingly give them.

Misery loves company my friend, and one of your central themes to advocate for submission is the notion that the unknown presents a greater risk than the known. That changing the system might simply lead to chaos and a lesser standard of living.

Yet all throughout human history what we have seen time and time again that people have been willing to risk the unknown, to sail uncharted seas, to settle unmapped lands, to challenge gravity and learn to fly, to challenge the seas and learn to dive deep beneath them, to challenge wild animals and nature itself, to carve out a place to live as freely and uniquely as they dare to achieve.

Life has not always been this way, under this system, on this planet, its taken thousands and thousands of years for Rome to create and affect this much control of us all and the planet.

The assumption is that no other sustaining way of life is possible, but history proves that wrong in society after society that ultimately were destroyed to Rome’s increasing horde of humanity and crushing numbers.

Humanity was not meant to be a plague like locust devouring everything in it’s path, consuming and destroying it as it has become under Rome.

It was meant to live in harmony with nature and nature’s laws and the only way it will ever thrive and be truly sustainable is living in harmony with nature and nature’s laws.

There is a reason that the Elites want to depopulate the human herd by radical large numbers and that’s because they too know that humans are out of balance with nature, primarily though their own system and style of management and government.

The problem with defending an empire like Rome is ultimately it requires you defending it with your very life in one form or another.

There is a better way to live, and it can be attained!

Thanks.

[edit on 26/7/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

Even I can sometimes see the charms of Rome with their magnificent buildings supported by those huge pillars and giant blocks. There is even a side of me that admires the typical expansive Roman landscaping.

But, of course it's not so much the architecture or landscaping as it is the social political system that those in power try so hard to convince us is necessary to support our seemingly adequately benign civilized existence. But the Roman system is no more necessary than those pillars that adorn the facades of so many of todays modern government buildings.

Well I would agree that, maybe such a system as the Roman one might be
necessary and possibly even ideal, if it's only replacement was just another hierarchical system such as what currently exists in Somalia. (Although Somalia's current state may also be a contrivance of Rome as Somalia's waters have become something of an international maritime dumping ground where companies can freely dump toxic waste there that would otherwise be very costly to properly dispose of now that there is no centralized state government there to monitor the waters). But even there, the horrific conditions of waring parties in Somalia are dependent on the same ideologies that Rome values. The Somali warlords are seeking power, money, glory and are completely dependent on achieving those ends on a legion of followers that are loyal, respect the warlords authority, obey his commands, and look with admiration and reverence to their warlord.

Now let's propose a complete paradigm shift away from the ideological pillars that support either the Somalian or Roman system. Those systems rely wholly and completely on the principle of valuing leadership. So often we repeatedly hear the mantra that the problem with today's politics in particular and society in general is that we don't have enough good leaders. I propose that the main problem with our modern society is not a lack of good leaders but rather an abundance of good followers. There is a natural tendency amongst people to want to free themselves from the responsibility to think for themselves and therefore be able to unburden themselves of that responsibility by deferring any decisions to a given leader. That temptation to defer thinking and decision making to leaders is only encouraged by Rome and is painted by them not as a lazy act of irresponsibility but rather as an act of virtuous loyalty.

If we work from the premise that people are basically good then, if everyone, instead of looking to Bill Bennett or any leader to attempt to determine the direction of a moral compass, they instead look within themselves for that compass, then with a high degree of reliability they might expect an accurate reading. Given an inherent goodness amongst the masses, then presumably each one's compass will point in the same direction, and, if followed, will direct those masses, in unison, to a higher benevolent condition that is consistent with what one would expect to find when a group of people are working together to do the right thing without any concern for the potential of a corrupt politician spoiling the affair. (Since that politician would be ignored even as he stands on a podium flailing his arms and yelling "look, look, my compass is pointing in the complete opposite direction!")

But instead we have political system that values leadership so highly that even within the congress there is great concern over who the leaders are. I think it's somewhat humorous, that these highly educated individuals, most of whom have gone to law school and passed the bar, think they need someone to lead them. My thinking is that if those legislators with all their education still require require someone to lead and guide them towards what laws to write, vote for or repeal then they have no business being in their position.

posted on Jul, 29 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I have 2 volumes of Anatoley Fomenko's "History; Science or Fiction"
The review by Jason Colavito is both unfair and inaccurate. He clearly did not reat the books.
ONe thing he fails to mention is that Fomenko explains that Byzantium was TROY!

I have yet to read the summary he mentions.
I think there is at least one thread here on ATS discussing it.

You might want to also look at:

www.revisedhistory.org...

[edit on 29-7-2010 by OhZone]

top topics

<< 79  80  81    83  84  85 >>

join