It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Correct. Our law is 100% Roman in origin.

This is what I was referencing in the Law of the Twelve Tables.

When reading this link, I couldn't help but notice that these are the same basic procedures that continue to govern our life 'til this day.

Civil procedure, debt, parents and children, inheritance, property, real property, torts, constitutional principles, funeral regulations, marriages, and crimes.

From the womb to death, every aspect of our lives is controlled.

The reason that I have caught onto this thread is due to my recent obsession with the law.
Our law in the US of A. Our real law, not the Bill of Rights.

It is all Roman in nature.

This system of law, of King's Law, or Admiralty Law can essentially be broken into two distinctions.

1)Private International Law.
2)Public International Law.

Private international law exists in a country regarding its citizens, and it decides issues of jurisdiction.
It is interesting to note that this type of law decides what jurisdiction one is charged while a citizen in the US.
International law in the US. Seems contradictory to me.

Like a Trojan Horse.

This is so different than common law, which was the design of the original states.

Public international law exists between sovereign states.

But the point to all of this rests with...
What is the concept of Law?

And at the foundation of ALL law is the language of Latin, because the basic concepts that we use to create systems of law under Private International Law, or Admiralty Law, were all created in Rome.

[edit on 5/1/2010 by Josephus23]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

And thus that is the crux of it all, all Roads really do Lead to Rome.

Everything literally ties in and out of Rome, whether Rome created it, or Rome conquered and absorbed it, in every power structure out there, Religious, Banking, Military, Commerce, it all leads back to Rome being at the top.

Rome is the mother of all Conspiracies.

It is the conspiracy driving this world in my humble opinion.

And the truth is, you really do have to try to pull spacie aliens out of thin air, to find anything that doesn't lead to Rome being at the top.

There really is nothing that disputes that Rome is the driving force in our world, and in almost total control of it and everything, and is just waiting to keep driving us towards fulfilling it's own prophecies of one world government for it.

[edit on 1/5/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
apollyon in revelation 9 is apollo.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I love simplicity and this:

It really is simple, and the thread is about proving how Rome has created a fear based system based on a fantasy it concocted and wove into law.

...makes a succint statement of the thread topic and one which I'd enjoy tackling myself.

The key is Constantine and the way in which he rose to become the sole power of the Roman Empire between the years 293 and 337 AD. Unlocking the history of that single person reveals how Christianity became the most influential force in all the provinces of the empire.

The best source of information regarding his time is Edward Gibbon's immense work; The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire. Interestingly, the 6 volumes of that great work began appearing in 1776, an auspicious date for America and there is no doubt that Gibbon had no small measure of influence in the creation of its Independence.

I have the 2003 Modern Library Paperback edition of the book as well as a link to The 1996 Project Gutenberg Edition from which I'll be copy/pasting short, but pertinent quotes which Gibbon has penned.

As Hans-Friedrich Mueller notes in the Critical Foreword:

After a millennium and a half of monarcy and Christianity, republican government was coming again into fashion. And the founding fathers of the United States, like Edward Gibbon, were not devout, evangelical Christians. For this reason alone, many Amnericans today, should they find occasion to read this book, will find Edward Gibbon offensive. (I write anno Domini 2002.) Gibbon excoriates devouts of all persuasions:adherents of Islam, Christianity (in all of its many heretical varieties), Judaism, and polytheism, both Greco-Roman and non-Classical.

With that disclaimer out of the way, I hope no-one here will take offence to any of the information gleaned from the book itself.

My opinion, which I hope to buttress over the next few days or weeks, is one in which I see an eradication of a way of life... a civilization. It is rooted in militarization (Ceasar Augustus 31 BC) to an extent not seen again until recently.

Hans-Friedrich Mueller ends his Critical Foreword with this:

We who look back now on Lincoln's Civil War, on two world wars, and on Truman's national security state, and who presently behold the military supremacy of the United States of America over the entire planet, may indeed wonder what our New World Order might hold, both at home and abroad. The story of the Roman empire offers instructive lessons: oppressive taxes for the sake of a despotic military establishment, tyrannical government, religious bigotry, endless warfare, and finally, collapse. Let us hope (and pray) thatwe read not a blueprint but a salutary warning in Gibbon's immortal and pleasurably instructive pages.

Meeting Constantine

I'll be drawing quotes from Volume The Second.

By the impartial union of
those defects which are confessed by his warmest admirers, and of those
virtues which are acknowledged by his most-implacable enemies, we might
hope to delineate a just portrait of that extraordinary man, which the
truth and candor of history should adopt without a blush. [1] But
it would soon appear, that the vain attempt to blend such discordant
colors, and to reconcile such inconsistent qualities, must produce a
figure monstrous rather than human, unless it is viewed in its proper
and distinct lights, by a careful separation of the different periods of
the reign of Constantine.
www.gutenberg.org...

The dress and manners, which, towards the
decline of life, he chose to affect, served only to degrade him in the
eyes of mankind. The Asiatic pomp, which had been adopted by the pride
of Diocletian, assumed an air of softness and effeminacy in the person
of Constantine. He is represented with false hair of various colors,
laboriously arranged by the skilful artists to the times; a diadem of
a new and more expensive fashion; a profusion of gems and pearls, of
collars and bracelets, and a variegated flowing robe of silk, most
curiously embroidered with flowers of gold. In such apparel, scarcely
to be excused by the youth and folly of Elagabalus, we are at a loss to
discover the wisdom of an aged monarch, and the simplicity of a Roman
veteran.
www.gutenberg.org...

An edict of Constantine, published about this time,
manifestly indicates his real or affected suspicions, that a secret
conspiracy had been formed against his person and government. By all the
allurements of honors and rewards, he invites informers of every degree
to accuse without exception his magistrates or ministers, his friends
or his most intimate favorites, protesting, with a solemn asseveration,
that he himself will listen to the charge, that he himself will revenge
his injuries; and concluding with a prayer, which discovers some
apprehension of danger, that the providence of the Supreme Being may
still continue to protect the safety of the emperor and of the empire.
www.gutenberg.org...

Not a very nice person by the sounds of the above. Yet, it is he who established the power of the Christian Church within the empire itself.

If Rome has a plan for world domination, it was constructed under his dominion and with the aid of the clergy during his reign. By this time, Christianity already had a bloody and violent history. Understanding the various forces involved and tying satellite events to the rise of Constantine is a great first step in discovering the world we live in today.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

What an excellent and well researched post masqua. I too looked long and hard at Cosntantine and that period of Roman history, and his political actions, both within Rome and abroad, at founding Christianity, as a Political Control Cult.

Looking for motive is key in understanding any conspiracy, and what would have been the motive at that time, for an empire bled white, reeling from debt, and the massive costs of a bread and circus state, to impose a strict and Spartan like religion that allowed for few luxuries or entertainments, and was focused on obedience to the state, through the guise of a God Constantine created the doctrine for.

There is no arguing it established a morality based law, and mindset, and perspective, that is involved in driving all world events today, and there is really no arguing that wasn't what precisely it was intended to do.

Looking at just the key critical points in time, where world events turned on a dime, and looking at motive and opportunity I think gives us a much more accurate picture of the why, and the goals involved.

Excellent post my friend!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

If Rome has a plan for world domination, it was constructed under his dominion and with the aid of the clergy during his reign. By this time, Christianity already had a bloody and violent history. Understanding the various forces involved and tying satellite events to the rise of Constantine is a great first step in discovering the world we live in today.

Man oh man, wanna talk about synapses firing? An incredible summation of what we have been discovering. This ties right in to earlier posts where we discover the 'learned faithful' withholding scripture from the public. Were they in fact finalizing the final product?

I can only imagine the motives for such things as being evil in nature. I do have to sort through all of this in my mind and put it into a context whereby I have an actionable response in the real world. This is amazing and frightening and utterly explosive. To me anyway.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Like the Bankers that will inherit the Earth???

I can give you a few examples how that has already happened, it started in 1913 with Wilson privatizing the banking system with the Federal Reserve Act.

1. 1929 Stock Market Crash
2. The great depression in the thirties
3. The great dust bowl
4. World War 11
5. Recession after recession
6. Real Estate crash in the late seventies through the mid eighties
7. Start of the Real Estate bubble in 1985
8. Financial meltdown starting in 2007

Who do you think benefited from all the above and more? Banking has already inherited the Earth, my examples are only in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries, it all started in Rome as Proto has so eloquently laid out for us.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I wasn't awale at 4-48 uk time nor up at 7...I had a nice lie in then yes, read Undo's thread, as along with Skyfloating her threads are of particular interest to me as the Ancient Astronaut theory is also a passion of mine. It was via Undo's thread that I came across this morning that I found THIS thread.

Plenty of older references are made to the Shining Ones taking leave of Earth and handing over kingship and secret knowledge to a select few .......so the line could well be traced all the way back to them down to the people who masterminded the plan for world domination for all you know. It could be the case that those beings talked about way back when whose presence used to be more open amongst humans have been waiting in the shadows while the groundwork is laid for the return they promised amongst many different cultures, with the dirty work being done by the humans who have kept all sorts of secret knowledge within a very small circle .

So it could WELL tie in as far as some of us see it but you've got it into your head everything began at Troy and nothing before then counts for anything. I agree there is a plan for this world domination , I just ponder the possibility that the idea for this mission may have been inspired by events from the ancient past and that the human masterminds behind it all may be serving some bigger picture again that THEY are aware of but the masses are not.

I'm really not trying to derail the read, just to offer an additional perspective . But you are adamant it's all pointless nonsense and only fit for the creative writing section of ATS so from now on I will say nothing more .

Friends can agree to disagree

[edit on 1/5/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I would like to elaborate more on this point from personal experience.

6. Real Estate crash in the late seventies through the mid eighties

I was an Associate Broker and involved with Banks and Mortgage companies and saw interest rates go up to 17%, it was the beginning of ARM's and Wrap Around Mortgages. During that time like today thousands lost their homes, their mortgages were upside down, a good 20% of our inventory were bank repossessions. That particular recession was contrived like all the others to benefit who else,banking.

Everyone is so focused on what is happening today that they forget the past and what led up to our current crisis.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

I understand looking for possibilities.

That is why I was participating in Skyfloating's most recent thread, but what we are discussing here is tangibles.

Not conjecture on what could have been, but real proof that we can hold and look at and judge today.

I love the old stories, and I enjoy the challenge to the information presented here, but honestly, I see no challenge of the information here.

Our law is based on Roman Law, the world's three largest religions were created in Rome.
The banking system was created in Rome, and our system of authority with regards to the military is all Roman.

How is our current military broken up?
The words are all Roman.
The military strategy is all Roman.

I know that this is hard to swallow, but I choose to base my beliefs on rational and tangible evidence that is here today.

Not fantasies and could be's.

[edit on 5/1/2010 by Josephus23]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Excellent post Joseplus23, I couldn't agree more, why muddy up the waters, Proto has put a lot of hard work and hours bringing this information to us and deserves to have serious responses by posters like you and the other great posters who have chosen to participate.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Exactly, great post Josephus23! I love this thread, man

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
But anyways.. I still believe you are entirely wrong on "secret societies" .. the most destructive forces in the world are any thing but secret.. simply because it's easier to hide it in plain sight. Like the Bilderbergs, or Committee of 300. We know they exist. We know they are progressive Globalist.. and we know they have the money, power and ability to control. Anything but secret.

Us on ATS know they exist . But for the average Joe guzzling beer while eating bread and watching circus sports, well...? (Heck, I only heard of them two years ago.)

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
Looking at just the key critical points in time, where world events turned on a dime, and looking at motive and opportunity I think gives us a much more accurate picture of the why, and the goals involved.

How true that is. Things actually DID turn on a dime.

I'm going to stay with Constantine for the present but stay away from the ragged state of Christianity at this time, but for certain, that was the second great force of the day.

First, I'd like to say something about the early days of Constantine and why he protected Christians.

Constantine and his Slow Conversion

Whatever symptoms of Christian piety might transpire in the discourses or actions of Constantine, he persevered till he was near forty years of age in the practice of the established religion; [10] and the same conduct which in the court of Nicomedia might be imputed to his fear,could be ascribed only to the inclination or policy of the sovereign of Gaul. His liberality restored and enriched the temples of the gods;the medals which issued from his Imperial mint are impressed with the figures and attributes of Jupiter and Apollo, of Mars and Hercules;and his filial piety increased the council of Olympus by the solemn apotheosis of his father Constantius. [11] But the devotion of
Constantine was more peculiarly directed to the genius of the Sun,
the Apollo of Greek and Roman mythology; and he was pleased to be
represented with the symbols of the God of Light and Poetry.
www.gutenberg.org...

At this time, the rule of the empire was split among 4 princes... Constantine (Gaul) and Licinius (provinces of Illyricum, Thrace and Pannonia) in the west.
Maxentius (Italy) and Maximinus reigned in the eastern provinces.

Constantine was much adored as a leader of his legions. Victories came easily to him for he was an intelligent tactician and formidable warrior who won the praise both of his soldiers and enemies alike. Gaul, always a difficult ara to hold with the many war-loving tribes stretching from the Danube to Britain, became the anvil upon which he was shaped. However, a certain bias was beginning to show:

As long as Constantine exercised a limited sovereignty over the
provinces of Gaul, his Christian subjects were protected by the
authority, and perhaps by the laws, of a prince, who wisely left to
the gods the care of vindicating their own honor. If we may credit the
assertion of Constantine himself, he had been an indignant spectator
of the savage cruelties which were inflicted, by the hands of Roman
soldiers, on those citizens whose religion was their only crime.
www.gutenberg.org...

The Edict of Milan (313AD), constructed between Constantine and Licinius, stopped the persecution of Christians and touted a general religious tolerance.

When I, Constantine Augustus, as well as I, Licinius Augustus, fortunately met near Mediolanurn (Milan), and were considering everything that pertained to the public welfare and security, we thought, among other things which we saw would be for the good of many, those regulations pertaining to the reverence of the Divinity ought certainly to be made first, so that we might grant to the Christians and others full authority to observe that religion which each preferred; whence any Divinity whatsoever in the seat of the heavens may be propitious and kindly disposed to us and all who are placed under our rule.
gbgm-umc.org...

There was good reason for Constantine's disgust at the Christian persecutions (303AD) brought about by his mentor, the Augustus Diocletian (284-305). There is no doubt that the Edict of Milan would never have happened had he not witnessed them firsthand. Constantine, though, was smart enough to hold his tongue until finally, in 305, he was given the title of Augusti by Diocletian and sent to serve under the leadership of Augustas Galerius (305-309), who did his damnable best to get him killed in hazardous military expeditions.

It was exactly the difficulties Constantine was routinely exposed to which endeared him to his legions and won the affection of his legions much like his father (Constantius) before him. This also made him a favourite of the citizens of Rome, who LOVE victories. Couple that with his deep disgust at religious intolerance and we see the setting of the stage for what was to come.

[edit on 1/5/10 by masqua]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

In my humble opinion what we see, is the banks, using us, the people, to start the part of acquisition, for them, by turning to them, for loans and capital to acquire things. Then they simply manipulate market conditions by inflating and deflating the currency and credit pool, to create the trends that lead to the defaults that allow the banks to then take possession of those things, after basically taxing people through interest and the illusion of temporary ownership. In essence tricking people into laboring for nothing, by laboring for things the banks own, and will always own, through their manipulations.

It is a circular process that the people are designed to never break free of. Even people who have at times owned their homes free and clear, have had to then sell them, or loose them, when market manipulation caused the values of the homes to rapidly increase, placing them in a taxable bracket, that then yields a tax on the property, higher than an elderly fixed income owner can pay. The property then goes to the state, and someone steps into buy it borrowing from a bank, placing the property right back into the hands of the bank again.

People are basically duped to invest their life savings into the markets during the bubbles that are made to look like the markets are a money tree through bank manipulation, and then robbed of their savings when the markets are manipulated to crash, when yet another curtain of deception is drawn, or one pulled back.

Meanwhile the actual preferred and not common stock of these entities, seldom changes hands, and just profits endlessly on the run ups and then crashes that the banking system, basically creates a hidden taxation system through the manipulation of it behind the scenes.

With the bulk of the money going to a few patrician oligarchs who own the preferred stock, and the state itself as well, through fees, taxes, and fines on the transactions. Even when billions or trillions are stolen from the people in this fashion, rarely does anyone has to go to jail, the Government just demands its cut, through a huge fine, in a media circus meant to give the people a pseudo pound of flesh, and the spectacle that will invariable appease the people, and set them right back up, to that cycle, where they begin putting confidence back into the system, that was designed to fleece them, so they can get fleeced all over again.

It’s a heck of a system, the yes, does often offer the chance, for quick, but temporary riches, that is designed to leave the person more impoverished in the long run, than when they started off on the roller coaster ride.

When you look at the cycle and how it repeats itself again and again, it’s amazing people don’t see it for what it actually is, a way to basically rob the collective wealth of our labors.

The end result is either poverty, despair and endless stress and hardship, for the losers, of which most people are, and moral bankruptcy and blind indifference for the few winners, most of whom themselves, will eventually end up eventually being taken in the game that the Roman Patricians, and Oligarchs love to play that some call monopoly, but is really just “A fool and his money soon go separate ways”.

The system itself, is basically designed to enslave us to money, and automatically places us all into that fool category once we are.

The markets themselves are set up to be little different than a casino, but one where the house rigs the game.

Great post Aquarius.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I think it is safe to say, that we see in Constantine already in his 40th year a person, whose primary religious affiliation was to Apollo.

What we also see, is as usual a Rome where rivals were vying for preeminence and predominance over all of Rome, and having to out maneuver rivals intent on seizing the greatest glory and power for themselves.

Did Constantine recognize in the Christian cult, a poor underclass or oppressed people, that much like Hebrews in Diaspora were stateless people, but spread throughout the state, as a separate people, but bound to one another, that he saw as a potential power base, for himself, within his rival’s portions of the realm, he could in essence use as a 5th column of support to undermine their rule, while using the loyalty of his legions, to meet these other princes on the field of battle, was he exploiting the Christians, in some fashion to cause chaos for his rivals, in essence behind the lines within their kingdoms, through his patronage and championing of them?

I dare say, doing such would have been a shrewd political move, for a politician looking to gain a power base in every corner of the realm.

Which then leads to the question, where there machinations, to persecute the Christians so, that when a champion finally appeared, they would turn to him, and submit to him, and follow that direction their champion gave to them, in order to help hand him the empire, by working actively to undermine the power base and prestige of his rivals?

Was Constantine truly concerned over their suffering, or did he just see an opportunity for greater power and leverage in being the one who helped to ease their suffering?

Constantine the devotee of Apollo, the Sun, the God of Light, and Prophecy, and the Care Taker of Herds and Flocks?

Certainly some food for thought, once again when you examine opportunity and motive, and who might have the most to gain, and just what it was.

Another very insightful and excellent researched and thought out post masqua!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

Originally posted by Rockpuck
But anyways.. I still believe you are entirely wrong on "secret societies" .. the most destructive forces in the world are any thing but secret.. simply because it's easier to hide it in plain sight. Like the Bilderbergs, or Committee of 300. We know they exist. We know they are progressive Globalist.. and we know they have the money, power and ability to control. Anything but secret.

Us on ATS know they exist . But for the average Joe guzzling beer while eating bread and watching circus sports, well...? (Heck, I only heard of them two years ago.)

Knowing they exist is only one part of the equation, knowing how they operate, is another, but knowing their plans and when and how they will execute them is another.

That's the secret part of secret societies that does in fact become problematic.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheNorthernLight

Exactly, great post Josephus23! I love this thread, man

Josephus is one of the most diligent researches on ATS, and it’s a real privilege and an honor to have him here on the thread. He has a rare knack for really digging and digging and sifting through the physical evidence out there, in the way of the laws, and accords, and history, to find those very relevant, and all important gems, that often get overlooked by people in an avalanche of often confusing and conflicting information.

That takes a lot of patience, dedication and time, and a real hunger for knowledge and truth. He is a person, that if it’s out there he is going to find it.

In other words, what ATS is really about!

I love discussing metaphysical and spiritual topics too, and have, and even done some threads in the Gray area on some hypothesis regarding Nibiru, but this just isn’t the thread for highly speculative theories on ancient cultures, with scant evidence, and creative interpretations of them meant to support the highly speculative theories.

This is a Gray Area Thread I did last September on some of those what ifs.

Regarding the Coming Harvest

So yes, the reality is Proto knows all about these things and thinks on them and considers them, but they are just highly speculative what if's born of imagination, and wonder.

However!

This conspiracy is in our face, and the elements are relatively easy to track down, once you want to start tracking them down.

Understanding this conspiracy and coming to terms with it, has the potential to really change our world.

In my humble opinion, it's worth staying focused, on track, and learning from all the very real ellements that require little imagination or speculation, because, well, they are there in black and white, and in places members like Josephus, really rock at, when it comes to turning them up!

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Thank you for explaining it in more detail Proto, you do it so much better than I, you are exactly right, whenever things are going great it is time for another crash, what is interesting is that this last bubble lasted much longer then usual, I think that was do to the criminal bankers who were making so much money that they didn't want it to end, but hey nothing lasts forever and it all came crashing down, but don't let it fool you, this hasn't hurt them, only us.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1

Thank you for explaining it in more detail Proto, you do it so much better than I, you are exactly right, whenever things are going great it is time for another crash, what is interesting is that this last bubble lasted much longer then usual, I think that was do to the criminal bankers who were making so much money that they didn't want it to end, but hey nothing lasts forever and it all came crashing down, but don't let it fool you, this hasn't hurt them, only us.

They got richer and more powerful than ever off of it, and the truth is, they planned out this latest bubble, and laid the ground work for it, well over a decade before it began to put key people in place in the regulatory and legal realms, and pass some legislation for some of the more speculative practices.

They did a test run with the Savings and Loans in the eighties, learned from that, the best way to do a huge financial bust out, and then once everything was in place for a bust out of the major banks themselves, they ran it for maximum profit.

These people are really Master manipulators, if people only knew what really goes on behind the scenes in Washington to set the stage for all these things.

It's amazing the people always take it so well.

Oh well, I guess it's only money! Well and your house, and your car, and your family heirlooms, and your dignity.

But hey, we still got our health, time for a drink of flouridated water, and a walk outside in the Chemtrail laced air!

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join