It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
PT,

I know you may think i'm loosing it asking you to provide some proof of the fact that the christian releigion is based on waht you are saying.. but do you have anything that we can read to try to understand where the flaws are?? asomething that more clearly shows the caveats??

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mick1423
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Well said PT , i thnk many confuse the Roman Catholic Church and the Roman Empire itself.

Great Post

They really do Mick1423 and it's tragic because Rome controls them through that lack of understanding of the real nature of why Rome is hiding behind monotheism.

It really is just about using a heaven or hell based moral law that serves Rome, where it's God you have to please and worry about, and not Rome.

Yet when you understand how Rome is presenting this religion by teaching it at an early age, using the Santa Clause principle of naughty or nice, be nice Santa will give you and grant you everything, be bad Santa won't, people do very easily then formulate this perspective of an all powerful God that is going to reward them or punish them, simply for following morality as Rome and the State puts it forth.

In other words they trade their freedom for a notion of absolution, and that absolution will gain them their wishes for things, granted by an all powerful God, who is most pleased when you obey the Morality of Rome and the Laws of the State.

It's a very skewered version of spirituality and wisdom that really only serves Rome and the State.

It creates false dogmas about Rome's God and the other Pagan Gods as well.

The Pagan Gods are little different than Harvard, Universtity of Miami Medical School, Massachussettes Institute of Technology, etc., etc., they were just schools and schools of thought to learn vital skills on how to succeed in vital endeavors and professions through best practices, ascribed to the God.

People have a misundertanding of this that leads to a real fear, and endless theories, that are designed to play to their fears, which just leads to innaction, and aides Rome.

It's why to me the mystery religions aren't relevant when it comes to understanding the real nature of the Roman Power Structure and confronting it.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by hollywoodbaby
PT,

I know you may think i'm loosing it asking you to provide some proof of the fact that the christian releigion is based on waht you are saying.. but do you have anything that we can read to try to understand where the flaws are?? asomething that more clearly shows the caveats??

Hi my friend, I can appreciate your questions, and their importance to you.

There is a lot of information out there regarding literally dozens of different theories on the Christ Sect.

In fact they vary a great deal, my belief that the people who believe Christ originated from the British Aisles is based on how ruthelessly the Romans hunted down the Druids, and the importance Rome placed on England in making it's monarchs the central figures of the Empire in much of the Middle Ages, in other words, their main job was to suppress and constantly be on gaurd for the real information coming out through artifacts that might be discovered in the bogs or moores.

These are my theories, but my theory is primarily based upon the many similiarities in both attributes and numerals between the Roman system under Caesar, and the Roman system under Christ.

When you start looking at those similiarities it becomes easy in my humble opinion to detect the patterns that go beyond mere coincidence.

When you then further realize the whole Bible is a story leading up to a one world government and Rome was all about conquering the entire world and Rome wrote the Bible???

Well I don't feel you have to be a religious scholar or Einstein to put that together, and I mean that in a respectful way.

The thread though isn't about Christ, it's about how Rome has used religion, by displaying the motive and opportunity, and where there are some real holes in the Christ story.

It's also about how Rome uses Law, and Banking and Military force to dominate the world as well.

I am not a theoligan, and whether Christ was real or not, what is real is how Rome has exploited the Myths and notion for it's own power.

There are other people much better schooled in theology and various "Where did Christ come from and who is he" theories and some of them are on this thread.

There are a lot of sources out there easily found through Google, for people who have a real curiousity on learning more about this aspect of the Roman Conspiracy.

Thanks for posting and asking.

[edit on 30/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What a rude, pontificating waffle of a post

You're all 'rebellion' --- but you're short to non existent on solutions

Every time I've said, ' Ok. You've pointed out the problem, now what do you propose we do about it ' ---- you've fobbed it off with wisecracks or claims that you are going to reveal your master plan --- one of which, several pages back, claiming that you would become the new god/master. Which in turn prompted someone to ask if we'd be expected to worship you

You've had a good run here. A very good run. You've made claims and have generally been applauded, despite that apparently a lot of the content derives from the work and thoughts of at least one other poster, and as you've said yourself, much of what you've claimed in your OP was derived from Colleen McCulloch

But as willing as you are to go on and on about what is wrong with this allegedly Roman plot --- you have no solutions, as anyone prepared to scroll back and read will discover for themselves

And when I got tired of the circular 'It's all Rome' claims and asked what your solutions might be, your response was to issue a list of questions which reveal you obviously imagine yourself to be a mental-giant pontificating before a bunch of ten year olds. So I decided some perspective was in order and introduced some positives

And playing-to-the-gallery as always, you decided to twist that perspective and positives and use it to further grandstand with sanctimonious accusations and comments about 'poor people'

When is enough applause enough for you, Proto ? Why does it bend you so out of shape when people dig beneath your startling headlines to find there's nothing behind them ?

After making baseless accusations about me for 'daring' to question you as regards what should be rest of your 'novel theory', you then take to grandstanding before the gallery again, with Hallmark card sentiments about the 'starving' etc.

How DARE you ? You, who put people on ignore for failing to appreciate your brilliance and for stating they don't buy itand who dare to find loose threads in your patched-together theories.

I find you to be megalomaniacal, quite frankly

This thread is like a tadpole ... all head, no follow through

You make big claims. Wallow in applause. Will brook no disagreement

And when asked, your 'solution' is to cite 'shopping from mom and pop stores' (and gee .... that's original isn't it. Wow. Never heard that before. Yep. That will bring down Rome, alright)

Then the rest is more pontificating at other people's expense and to make yourself appear 'deep and concerned'.

Yeah. Write the book. Refuse to sell it to anyone who might question you, because obviously they need to made to learn that you are above and beyond being questioned. And anyone who says, 'Look buddy, you're big on claims, short on the rest ' ---- well, you can always accuse them of being a plucked chicken, huh ?

But think long and hard before trying to launch a sequel .. unless you plan to hawk it door to door on that bike of yours

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNorthernLight

How do we go about taking the power back through the institutions they in fact built and control? Would you for example suggest we revolutionize the financial sector, or should we still keep paying "taxes" to Rome in gratitude of this fine system they have made for us?

We don't go through the institutions they, and they are the International Corporations, built.

Put your money in an SnL, they pay higher interest, and are more secure. Don't invest in the stock market, invest in munies instead.

Try to find a way to stat your own business.

Start writing your political representative, find like minded people and get organized.

Stop thinking of the U.S. government as good or bad, and recognize that it is a tool that the people can control if they put out the effort. Of of the biggest propaganda lies is that they government can not do anything.

If the people speak, they can make government do what they want. Those who encourage you not to participate in our democracy are working against you, working to deny you your rights.

Fight illegal immigration, support a huge tax cut for the middle class, and gambling tax rates for very short term capital gains. The people making these big returns on short term investments, most less than 90 days, are destroying the markets.

Fight illegal immigration, because it is being used to create a new slave class.

Start demanding equal treatment for all, get rid of affirmative action

Start demanding that our federal government write trade treaties which represent the U.S. work force, not corporations.

You can't run nor can you hide from the PTB. Dropping off the grid is handing the keys of the kingdom to the people who desire to make you a slave. The only answer is to become politically active, and fight the system.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Has it ever occurred to you that there is such a thing called preaching "Sedition and Treason" and that it is a capitol offence in the United States of America where I reside?

That it is entirely impossible for me to answer your questions in any detail, with out becoming part of a conspiracy myself, that could and would be prosecuted and charged by the Federal Government.

Now maybe you and some posters lack the understanding of the law, or a degree of discretion and wisdom that would allow you to consider the above, but I am not suffering from such an affliction.

I am not here to promote Sedition or Treason or launch a conspiracy; I am here to raise the level of awareness regarding a real conspiracy, and a real problem that grows worse by the day.

Why? Because I feel it needs discussed openly and honestly by people.

Yes, I can appreciate you and other people are looking for answers and solutions, but there is a line in this median where such things can be discussed, that then does become offensive to both ATS and the State.

What I have suggested are people for the time being, look inwardly to see how they might be able to act, in legal ways that might slow and limit Rome’s advance towards establishing a one world government.

I think that both of those things are good initial steps, learning through raising your level of awareness and understanding, and considering how individually we each are contributing to the problem through some of our own lifestyle choices and practices.

That’s a pretty simple message, and people unable or unwilling, to meet those initial first steps, certainly isn’t going to meet the requirements for a step that requires risk of incarceration or loss of life or limb.

I have tried to have this discussion with an ongoing backdrop of people who deliberately wish to misconstrue the purpose and meaning of the thread to use as a platform for unrelated theories and discussions that truly are irrelevant to what the thread is actually about.

I have tried to have this discussion with an ongoing backdrop of people who’s ego and emotion seem to be their driving consideration, while one poster in particular is actually not just trying to derail this thread here through false claims and emotional appeals to people, but on other threads as well, where it is even more off topic, and dealt with that little clique of like minded, emotionally driven people as well.

Now there is so much I can say, so much I will say, and so far I can venture in some areas, and if you don’t understand that, well, you simply don’t understand that.

I would urge anyone who feels the thread just isn’t a thread without creating drama in the thread, and lacing it with emotions, and divide and conquer outbursts, to consider what it is you are in fact trying to promote that anyone would see any validity in, while promoting it in such a fashion.

If that plays to anyone’s insecurities and frailties engaged in such counterproductive pursuits, there is not really a thing I can do to alleviate that.

That solution too lies within you.

Perhaps if those suffering from this affliction would challenge themselves to the same degree they seem intent on challenging me, in these regards, well, we could have a civil discourse that would lead to progressively better things.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by serbsta

rome is like the new garbage can to hurl the rest of history into or anything you don't think people should believe or don't want them to believe. someone says, "oh look at this passage in the mahabharata!" rome wrote it. into the trash bin. "check out this artifact!" rome created it. into the trash bin. \we're talking censorship on a global scale, the likes of which would put the current incarnation of rome, to shame! is this the wave of the future? LET'S HOPE NOT!

Oddly enough I was thinking of this myself, the mahabharata.

[edit on 123030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Once again, all off topic drama, and show me an actual quote where I said that, link the quote.

All I can see you thinking is a person intent on slander, that is not directly quoting me, because they are engaged in slander, has made a statement that isn't mine.

If it was mine, she would quote it and link it, and frankly it's a disgusting tactic, since that is not even remotely what I said.

I am surprised at you storm dancer, as much as you detest forum gang activity, to be engaged with this type of non-fact discourse.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

here is the egyptian representation of the LAKE OF FIRE (seriously, this is called THE LAKE OF FIRE by the egyptians)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/edd49858d50ca05f.jpg[/atsimg]

to me, it looks like a door way, emitting some kind of glowing energy field, but the translators of the hieroglyphs assumed from the outset that the ancients had no access to high tech. this is only now being discovered by researching the ancient texts and artifacts. so if rome created all this as a fiction, why'd they bury it so deep that it would take almost 1000 years to figure it out? why create fictional ancient tech? does proto suggest that rome is behind ETs and that therefore, ETs don't exist?

maybe one of you can convince him to take me off ignore so he can answer more questions

[edit on 29-4-2010 by undo]

I am reading your post undo, I haven't seen this before, thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

In case anyone is wondering this is how to quote what a poster actually has said.

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

supreme moral authority of what? what's your spiritual soup du jour, proto? if you don't answer me directly and rather tap dance around the topic, i'll make you my new research project.

Why of Rome of course! Originally the title was held by the First Citizen of Rome, and then once the Republic gave way to the Empire, it is one of a half a dozen titles for the Emperor.

For instance the Pope at the Vatican has the Title of Pontificus Maximus, (Rome’s High Priest) which is also one of the Emperor’s titles.

Morals have nothing to do with spirituality, but morality.

Spiritual questions should be addressed to the Pontificus Maximus, morality questions can be addressed to me!

No tap dancing at all, though I am putting on the soft shoe and thinking about a walk on the beach!

Thanks for asking.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In this case, the very first post between undo and I on an other unrelated thread, where she demands on an answer for a question, using a thinly veiled threat to make me her next research project.

Now, I would urge anyone, who wants to imagine I am saying things ascribed to me, that does not have a link quoting me saying that, to disregard it and consider the source!

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

But you must want friendly conversation and other perspectives, to prove a theory one should try their best to disprove it,

Come on Proto, you want us to open our minds while you close yours?

I don't understand.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

But you must want friendly conversation and other perspectives, to prove a theory one should try their best to disprove it,

Come on Proto, you want us to open our minds while you close yours?

I don't understand.

You know what's going on here, a poster who is misrepresenting words other people have said, while pretending they said them, without quoting them, to make their arguments appear different than what they actually are, as a deliberately dishonest means to try to bolster theirs.

And they are doing it to derail a thread.

And they are doing it because that's their nature.

As I have displayed, in the very first post between me and this individual.

Now honestly stormdancer, that's not about honest debate.

That's about a liar, who pretends people are saying things they aren't to go as off topic as they can to dominate a thread she did not create, or is even on topic on.

Like I said, I am surprised you would be involved in such a thing, you are friends, on each others friends list, and you showed up on the thread in support of her, without any real comment to the Original Post.

So lets not pretend.

I call it as I see it.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I found what she had to say interesting, she didn't invite me here you did, LOL

Edit to say remember I was angry with you and said why should I support your topic after you insulted me on another topic you started,

But I came to support your topic and kept it bumped,

[edit on 013030p://bFriday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I found what she had to say interesting, she didn't invite me here you did, LOL

Edit to say remember I was angry with you and said why should I support you topic after you insulted me on another topic you started,

But I came to support your topic and kept it bumped,

And how is deliberately misquoting people in slanderous ways part of a friendly discussion.

How is promising to make someone your personal research project if they don't provide the answer you want a friendly discussion.

You know what she is doing, and I know it too!

Thanks for helping her try to derail the thread!

Way to go stormdancer!

The topic is about Rome, how it is using religion, and banking, and law, and the military to still dominate the world, in a massive world wide conspiracy.

So in yet another thread, where you misunderstood a reply that I even clarified to you in a U2U wasn't what you thought it was, you are bearing a grudge?

So you have just kind of admitted to wanting to derail the thread for that reason, while like Undo, who is engaged in the same thing, you can't even provide a quote for what you believe is insulting?

Sorry for having to expose this nonsense for what it is, but it's all nonsense.

Other credible posters will see that.

Welcome to ATS where posters will conspire together to carry out their own conspiracies!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Sorry Proto you are wrong, me and undo are not working together,

You invited me to post via U2U remember?

Enough said, honestly, if you deny this, I will lose all respect for you.

Enough drama for one day.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Sorry Proto you are wrong, me and undo are not working together,

You invited me to post via U2U remember?

Enough said, honestly, if you deny this, I will lose all respect for you.

Enough drama for one day.

Well hey I am glad you are admitting these actions for what they are...drama.

As I have said you and a few others know what you are doing and why you are doing it, and all have admitted as much through your own actions and words.

Which I will actually quote and attribute properly!

Thanks for the drama.

The thread is about Rome, the Roman Conspiracy to use Religion, Law, Banking, and Military Force to conquer the world, through these kinds of drama laced divide and conquer tactics, and install a one world government on the people of the planet, more worried about their egos than the quality of life they live!

Yep that's what the thread is about, and it's a very effective strategy indeed!

Thanks for displaying that!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Proto ( I think I like this better than PT), you should welcome debunkers, those who play the role of devils advocate. Good critics are important if you are serious in developing your ideas. Dock9 is doing you a service by challenging your ideas.

There is a lot of good stuff in what you have written, but in some areas you have gotten off track. Rather than complain about the criticisms, embrace them, dig deeper to prove that you are right, or hope to find a better perspective on the truth to these matters.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I have seen numerous people attack you, ProtoplasmicTraveler, in this thread, and I recently called out another poster for attacking THIS thread in a TOTALLY DIFFERENT and vaguely related thread; however....

I eventually made the right choice by putting her on ignore status. (For anyone reading that would be that avatar named UNDO)

Now, I would like to state something about this issue of...

"You mush disprove a theory to prove it"

This is concerning a favorite of mine called the null hypothesis.

I honestly think that very, very, very few people who reference this step in the research process have any understanding of how it works whatsoever.

The null hypothesis in this question could be "Not all roads lead to Rome"; however,

That is very difficult to state because...

That would be proving a very BROAD negative.

In testing the null hypothesis, the best thing to do is to come up with an alternative hypothesis that does not ask to prove a broad and unprovable negative and is more easily testable, and when that is done, then...

The majority of evidence lies firmly on the side of this thread and with the theory given by you, PT.

You, PT, have never said that Rome controls absolutely everything down to the minutia of every event known to occur in the world, but what was stated is that Rome has an unusually strong influence on science, history, law, banking, religion, and the current world's military apparatus.

More so than ANY other centralized power in the WORLD.

And this has been shown to be much more VALID than the opposite or null hypothesis that Rome has NOT had an unusually strong influence on science, history, law, banking, religion, and the current world's military apparatus.

Please judge by the evidence and not the lack of evidence ONLY people.

For anyone trying to de-bunk or dis-prove this thread....

Please, I IMPLORE you to read the link that I have posted.

All this hate tells me that you MUST be onto something correct PT.

Cheers.

Add to edit: I am constantly cleaning up what I am attempting to convey in this post.
See if you can figure out why.

[edit on 4/30/2010 by Josephus23]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
can someone copy my following data without my posting id info, so that proto can read it?

proto, i quit posting in your thread yesterday because it was clear that it was just ruffling your feathers and the feathers of those who support your theory (which is fine). i decided it was ludicrous to keep posting messages to you when you were not reading them and all it was doing was causing people who believed your theory on the topic of the ancient world, to get frustrated, which in turn, was frustrating me. i'm not on some crusade to destroy your life or your theories. i'm just an insignificant old lady with kids and dogs and a penchant to study ancient texts. i'm not rich or powerful. the highest profile person i know is my sister, who is a comedian that speaks to women's groups on topics related to women and spirituality. but i do love to research. no offense.

i didn't post the link to my thread when you asked for it because i knew you would not be happy with it, as you later proved when the mere suggestion that you read it, caused an outburst of irritation. i don't blame you for wanting to keep it on topic. and i knew posting my link would divert your readers which i also did not want to do. that wasn't my goal. my goal was to ask how rome could've possibly written all the post flood texts, of all the world religions, and created all their artifacts, and if they were using prophecy, why some prophecies were suggesting futuristic tech, a couple thousands years before it had even been considered possible. my theory went crash-boom-bang with yours and that's about all that ended up being.

sorry for the interruption, rest assured, i'm not going to derail your thread any further, carry on and etc.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I learned something interesting today.

Vatican literally means "city of prophecy".

Which prophecy i wonder?

PT, could you explain the relevance of the shepherd and the wolf in the story of Romulus and Remus? There's a context i'm not understanding from what i'm reading of the story. thanks!

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join