It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I was looking up a old web site that I used to read, found this, perhaps it will offer something,

Who Lost the Middle Ages?
What's Behind the Attempt to Impose a "New Chronology" on History?
www.jasoncolavito.com...

In 1685, an English scholar by the name of Jean Hardouin published an edition of the Roman author Pliny's Natural History. Hardouin, however, had an unusual belief about its origins. He was convinced that all of the ancient records of Greece and Rome were forgeries perpetrated by Benedictine monks, and that all of the Greco-Roman artifacts were similarly faked. By the time of his death in 1729, he had not provided a reason why the Benedictines would fake so much history, nor a shred of evidence to back up his claims. (1) Today an intellectual successor to Hardouin claims that it is not classical antiquity that was forged, but instead the history of the Middle Ages. Russian mathematician Anatoly Fomenko has devised a system he calls the "New Chronology" that he says firmly establishes the fictive nature of the medieval epoch. The University of Moscow professor published a book called Antiquity in the Middle Ages: Greek and Bible History, in which he argues that the written record of human history should be condensed from thousands of years into hundreds of years. For Fomenko, history unfolded not over millennia but centuries. The English edition of the book was published in September 2003, under the title History: Fiction or Science?, with a lurid cover featuring the crucified Christ, but it is not necessary to buy the book to learn about Fomenko's theories. Before the book's translation, he published a 29,000-word summary of his findings online. This opus, written with G. V. Nosovskij, is grandly titled "New Chronology and New Concept of the English History: British Empire as a Direct Successor of the Byzantine-Roman Empire," and it commits as great an assault on the English language as it does on English history. Nevertheless, it is an important and illuminating look at a new wave of alternative history, a history that appeals to Russians because it is designed to restore to post-Soviet Russia some of the power and greatness of its past.

Fomenko begins by telling his readers that English history is flawed and broken. He argues that the source texts used to create our understanding of Britain from the Roman occupation to William the Conqueror are misdated: "In correct version, ancient and medieval English events am to be transferred to the epoch which begins from 9-10th cc [centuries]. Moreover, many of these events prove to be the reflections of certain events from real Byzantine-Roman history of 9-15th cc. Consequently, the Great Britain Empire is a direct successor of medieval Byzantine Empire." (2)

By the time they get through re-writing history no one will be able to figure it out.

[edit on 043030p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 043030p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

This is what we have me for Stormdancer!

By the time I get rewriting history everyone will figure it out!

My approach to history is more like a true detective, what's wrong with this picture type of thing. Then I look for the real evidence, of who really had motive, opportunity, the most to gain, while throwing out all the dogmas.

Clearly I am not the first person to do this or attempt to do it.

By looking at what we know happened, and then asking why, as opposed to just accepting what we have been told as why, really opens the door, to something that is much more likely to be close to the truth.

What is the truth, is Rome in it's various forms have dominated what is our understanding of history in how it has been able to control the telling of history, through it's dominant position, to both invent, and then distribute that information, in such a way, that it is almost impossible to get truly independent accounts.

Thanks for posting that, it's very interesting.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Believe me when I tell you that I am not the kind of person to dwell on strange things that happen to me. I mentioned before about a feeling of dread over the past two nights that actually made me open my eyes and wake up. Just before, between posts actually, I had a feeling of calm and peace as I thought about everyone realizing that we have been tricked all along.

Rome has some lessons Jackflap, and chief amongst them is for 2000 years Rome has offered you War or Peace.

It really hasn’t mattered to Rome which you decide. But the truth is people have decided, Generals don’t fight wars, the men in the trenches do. The people back home buy the equipment for them.

Much of our modern technology, and indeed for millennia, the first inventors and then users of technology, has always been the military for military application.

War, that quintessential life and death struggle, has been the mother of necessity to invent, to evolve, in violent ways, in a kill or be killed struggle to gain supremacy over another.

It’s the ultimate laboratory and test tube, our greatest inventions in science, and technology and medicine were all invented in times of war for war.

This is why Rome does not care whether you choose war or peace, and Rome in fact is happy to trick people into fighting wars, because it weeds out the weak, and elevates the strong, and creates a constant atmosphere of invention, and evolution.

Yet, there is another way to evolve peacefully, but without that urgency of war, that necessity of urgency in life and death struggles, it would evolve much more slowly, as people took time to smell the roses and enjoy lives that weren’t always threatened and hanging in the balance.

Right now, we are about to undergo the biggest evolution in the history of post-flood humanity.

That evolution will be to a one world government, and collective governing body, openly of the entire planet, and all the technology and systems that will allow that to happen.

Because it is the biggest step forward humanity has ever taken, and humanity has always opted for war, over peace, it is likely to be the biggest war the world has ever seen, and perhaps ever will. The true war to end all wars, which perhaps might even be a good thing in a horrific and tragic way…

We stand on the verge of that Great War, and at this very critical and limited juncture, we have one last chance to choose war over peace!

A window that is closing rapidly, hence many people’s feelings of foreboding and doom, it is though not to late, to choose peace for the first time ever, and in fact make an even greater evolutionary step forward that way.

This is, in my own way, what I am trying to tell everyone, it is that bad, but it’s not that late, to where we can’t all make it something very good, and wonderful, instead of horrible and tragic.

We will evolve either way, quickly and horribly through war and confrontation, and desperation, or a little more slowly, through peace and love and compassion and wisdom that finally won the day, when finally everyone and everything was at stake.

Many of us are evolving rapidly, internally, spiritually, and intellectually, to in fact try to help effect this decision.

You are one of those people Jackflap.

It is that simple.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I wondered about the implications of everyone refusing to feed the system and when I thought about that I saw me and my family and multitudes on a beach living freely. Laughing and enjoying life and playing. It gave me even more peace. I then realized that if that were to happen than we wouldn't have electricity.

The cross that the mythical Jesus is alleged to have died on is metaphorical Jackflap, for you see we are all crossing from one world, and one plane of existence, through this world and plane of existence, to another world and plane of existence.

We are all dying upon the cross Jackflap.

Yet we are not dying, we are evolving, learning tremendous lessons, and discovering our place in the universe and about the universe as we pass through this world, onto the next, beyond the veil, of certainty, and into the unknown.

It is frightening, to give up what you know, who you love, the people and friends you cherish, believe me I know.

We focus on what we will loose and not what we will gain, we are reluctant to let go of these earthly pleasures, and vices, and loved ones, on that trip, if we had our druthers we would cling to that which we have and love for an eternity.

Yet we would not learn, and we would not grow.

Rome gives, and Rome takes away. This is the nature of the Carrot and Stick that Rome drives across this world and plane that we are crossing.

The desire and opportunity to gain, manipulates us and compels us, the fear of loss manipulates and compels us.

We focus on those fears, of loss, of imagining the consequences, and make them real, and in so doing, become predictably easy to manipulate by those who understand human nature. Our Masters understand human nature, and it is through our desire to gain, and our fear of loss, that they can so easily divide and conquer us.

Eventually life is about learning to let go, are you ready, do you want to, what will you let go of in order to gain something else or different or better?

If I told you the same electricity that is saving lives is what is causing cancer and so many people to die? How would you feel about letting go of it then?

There is more than one way to skin a cat Jackflap, and that is why we are always crossing and evolving to learn these things.

Some are reluctant to let go, out of fear and uncertainty, and they will cling to that which they covet and love and fight to it to no end, and this is why humans typically choose war over peace.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Your welcome, I
thought,
you,
Might like it.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

That led me to wonder about those that were sick in the hospitals and needed the electricity. I received an astonishing answer. It is a leap of faith. Anyone following this thread will realize the implications of what I believe was revealed to me not even a half an hour ago. It is a leap of faith that we believe it will be better and beneficial and those that need help will get it. Strange man. I swear this kind of stuff does not happen to me.

Ask and thou shall recieve my friend, ask for war instead of peace and you will get war.

Ask for peace, and the lessons that have been learned will be applied to find a way to provide.

Praying to God will not provide these answers, praying that you have these answers inside of you and looking for them, will though.

The solution lies within the problem.

You are, we are, we are all the problem. We simply refuse to see that. We are stuborn, and vein, and jealous, and vengeful, and we insist that it is something else and some else but us, that is the problem.

This is why we can not find the solution, we are looking for it in the wrong place, by blaming others, and other things for the problems we in fact create ourselves, and will not admit or take responsibility for.

People do not want to hear this though, because they imagine that yes, while they are imperfect, it should be overlooked because someone else is more imperfect.

You see this in left/right politics, so what if Obama did this thing, Bush did that thing! Bush's thing was worse, so by extension, what Obama did, isn't really as bad, and as such not bad at all!

This is the wheel we are trapped upon.

The answer to today's problems, is not in yesterday's failed solutions, that never fixed the problem before. Yet everyone will tell you it is, we need to get back, get back to this, get back to that, do this like we once did and all will be well.

There is no going back, because we are moving forward, just in reverse, slowly!

The universe offers limitless opportunity and potential, and when people start looking inside themselves to see how yes they do all the things that perpetuate the current system, and that yes doing that really does work against them, and start using real wisdom, instead of conventional wisdom, and real compassion instead of political correctness, and real love instead of, I will if they will, but they have to do it first.

Then, the wheel stops, the cycle is broken, peaceful evolution can occur, and we can move forward, unquided, because we are fully aware.

We are being guided by cruel masters, because they are more aware than we are, and understand we only respond with any regularity or predictability if we are prodded cruelly.

And my friend, it is quite cruel indeed, and they are about to pull their cruelest trick ever.

My beloved and wise and very compassionate maternal grandfather had a favorit saying, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me, fool me thrice, and shame on you!

Rome is about to trick us for the final and third time of the age, do you really want them too?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
As someone commented earlier about this being off-topic, I think that this is, infact, one of the more important topics that has to do with Rome and its two thousand some odd years of dominance and control. Where we can debate religion all day, and space aliens, cuniform teblets, etc., What we cannot deny are the legally binding contracts, charters, treaties, etc., that are on record and provide evidence for what has happend and continues to still happen before our very eyes. If you want to know why we still use latin for just about everything, or why our monuments, symbols, religions, etc., are Roman.. It's all right there. This is what you might refer to in conspiracy circles as the smoking gun.

As I have pointed out on old threads that date back to 06, and Proto has pointed out in his most recent threads, it's all in the contracts and charters that exist between the nations of the earth, and there is no greater evidence of this than the manipulation, through the charters, contracts, and treaties of the original 13 colonies of the U.S. The proof is in the pudding, if you dare to read it. I know that some here will not bother, and will then comment on this and that out of ignorance, but please spare yourself the embarassment and just read.

Though, poet1b, I'm sure that you're perfectly capable of reading this thread, and then following the links that are already provided, I will provide them again for your pleasure and anyone else's that is new to Protos threads and this topic.

Tax Day April 15, 2010 the London Banker’s Celebration of the Anniversary of Lincoln’s Death

At the very top, less than 12 men control the world. A council of 7

America: The Real History

Those are the threads to check out.

Here are the links to valuable information:

Treaty of Paris 1783

Treaty of Ghent

www.givemeliberty.50megs.com...

The Avalon Project at Yale Law

This last link will take you to the charters, treaties and contracts between the various nations of the world going all the way back to 4000 b.c.e.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by HothSnake]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I'm very interested to know if many others have had the 'dread' feeling recently.

I started getting this one or two months ago and expressed it as a feeling of 'impending doom'. It lasted on and off for about a week or two and hasn't returned much if at all since then.

It felt like a pure energy pattern, nothing personal at all, definitely not a reaction to any personal life events or occurrences.

At the time I wondered if others were getting it but never bothered to ask.

A good friend of mine started getting it about a week or so ago, and now I see 2 people posting about it here.

Anyone else?

It's a bit off topic (again - sorry) and I'm not keeping up with the thread - not enough time to read all posts - so please U2U if you feel inclined to share with me personally. Thanks.

[edit on 29/4/10 by RogerT]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake

No it's not really off topic, and it plays into it all, some of those threads authored by you and me and others you have posted are very relevant.

The conspiracy of course is much bigger than just what's happened here in the United States, and the truth is, it's not just us, but the whole world that needs to wake up to Rome, in my humble opinion.

As someone born on the North American Continent ruled by the United States Corporation, I can though say, if you really want to understand how Rome incorporates countries and then controls them without admitting to it, or any one hardly ever knowing it, these threads are a must reed!

Very relevant, but like everything else, only a small ellement of the obvious, just the one that effects us the most here in the U.S.

Thanks my friend.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

I'm very interested to know if many others have had the 'dread' feeling recently.

Oh yes,

If you look at the population of this planet, the pollution, the politics, it's dreadful.

And one can add many other reasons to feel ill at ease.

I don't think there has been any other time in history like it.

Everything is coming to a head.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Actually, I recently had such a feeling one late night, and I'm not prone to such feelings at all. I usually have a very level head, but for a few moments I had a strange feeling that I needed to lock my doors, my heart was beating fast, and I was very on edge. It was very unlike me, and quite strange?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Now I watched a youtube video about this book and its author, and I made a note to buy, but still haven't gotten around to it. It is quite a compelling theory and would fit in nicely to how Rome has conquered the world and completely rewritten our history.

An interesting note, one of the proofs for this theory is from an Egyptian heirolglyph depicting a certain contellation in a certain place in the night sky. Well, this guy did the calculations and proved that this particular constellation could not have been in that particular spot when Egypt was said to have existed, but was in fact a depiction of the night sky in like the 15 or 1600's, I believe? I may be wrong about those dates, I'll have to look it up.

Nonetheless, that is something to really chew on...lol

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake

You have to admitt, we spared no expense on the scenery and staging, beautiful attention to detail, very convincing and realistic, it really brings the whole planet to life in vivid detail.

I am going to be so hard pressed to come up with a better production next time around.

Rome truly has been a hit for the ages.

I really feel living theatre is the best to truly experience the event, don't you?

360 degrees with surround sound, and I bet you haven't spotted one of the exit doors yet.

Let me tell you bribing the fire marshalls? Wow, cost a fortune, but so far every one seems realy engrossed with the spectacle with no thought for their personal safety at all!

Edit to add: You don't get to see the space aliens, because no one not seated when the curtain went up is allowed to interupt the production, all space ships, and intergalactic communication devices have been turned off at the door!

[edit on 29/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
here is the egyptian representation of the LAKE OF FIRE (seriously, this is called THE LAKE OF FIRE by the egyptians)

to me, it looks like a door way, emitting some kind of glowing energy field, but the translators of the hieroglyphs assumed from the outset that the ancients had no access to high tech. this is only now being discovered by researching the ancient texts and artifacts. so if rome created all this as a fiction, why'd they bury it so deep that it would take almost 1000 years to figure it out? why create fictional ancient tech? does proto suggest that rome is behind ETs and that therefore, ETs don't exist?

maybe one of you can convince him to take me off ignore so he can answer more questions

[edit on 29-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
wonder how he would explain this: (not sure why the guy used that particular piece of music but that doesn't negate the point he's making)

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
here is the egyptian representation of the LAKE OF FIRE (seriously, this is called THE LAKE OF FIRE by the egyptians)

to me, it looks like a door way, emitting some kind of glowing energy field, but the translators of the hieroglyphs assumed from the outset that the ancients had no access to high tech. this is only now being discovered by researching the ancient texts and artifacts. so if rome created all this as a fiction, why'd they bury it so deep that it would take almost 1000 years to figure it out? why create fictional ancient tech? does proto suggest that rome is behind ETs and that therefore, ETs don't exist?

maybe one of you can convince him to take me off ignore so he can answer more questions

Dear Undo.

I've been following your dispute with Proto, and I don't see the big issue. You shouldn't be so passive-aggressive about the subject. I understand how you might feel Proto made a mockery out of your studies, but I also understand how Proto felt you were derailing his thread. If your theory is strong you won't have to defend it, and continuing attacking Proto here is not going to help any of us.

I look forward to reading your theory, apparently many members speak of it in high regards. But Proto tried to make it clear that this thread is about how Rome still controls the world, not ONLY through religion. He asked you to explain why we should consider your Stargate-theory in regards to Rome's quest for world domination, but you kept defending your theory instead of listening. In this thread, over and over. He didn't try to censor you, but to get you to contribute constructively.

Peace and love

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNorthernLight

i TOLD him, but he's not listening and in fact, told me since i was quoting prophecy to prove it, that this topic wasn't about the bible. which confused me because he was saying biblical prophecy was written by rome and is deliberately being fulfilled by rome. so what's that mean about the data i'm finding or think i'm finding? it's a legit question.

for example, the theory is that the bottomless pit/abyss of revelation 9 is a star gate device, that was originally called the abzu (abyss) of enki (sumerian god), the egyptian portal of the lords of eternity, the nun, the primordial chaos of creation, and so on (it's had alot of names). and that other places in revelation refer to it, particularly a reference to the last world leader coming out of it. this means, if proto is correct, that the last world leader is supposed to arrive on the planet from a star gate type device. but i can't get proto to even consider it, even though HE WAS THE ONE that suggested the romans wrote the bible prophecy as a play by play, future plan they were going to use to reboot the planet.

hello? am i not making sense or what?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
All this artifact does is display how these people were led to believe that there was a hell or lake of fire. Now if enough of the ancient civilizations came to the same conclusion, wouldn't that be kind of like a trend? If it was a trend and was used to keep the people dumbed down and away from their true potential, wouldn't that be something that could be used on a large scale?

This is what Proto is saying. He's not saying that every artifact we see today or will find tomorrow has been altered by Rome. That's not what is being said here. For someone to keep up the constant hounding on the subject is maddening because it is obvious that they don't get it. I have to come to quite a few ground breaking conclusions while having a civil conversation in this thread. I'd like it to continue.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

the lake of fire is very possibly the same thing as the furnace of babylon, and babylon was the gate of the gods. remember the guys thrown into the fiery furnace in babylon, who put on special clothes and came back with one who appeared to be a son of god? where'd they go? who was the dude with them? glowing,shining was often translated firey. theoretical physicists have said that the event horizon of a wormhole would look like water (the lake reference. probably be better translated as the shining lake, or the glowing lake, or the glowing abyss, or the glowing bottomless pit, the gate of the gods or the gate of god (which is the translation of babel). this is the abyss attribution. i know it's extremely esoteric but that's the point. proto claims they are using biblical prophecy as a play book because they wrote it in the first place.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i'm not saying hell or lake of fire is literally a lake of fire. i'm saying it's a shining star gate. it was referred to as hell because the abyss gates were subterranean. (see the abzu of enki, which assyriologists assumed was underground water!). see the osirieon in abydos egypt (abydos is greek. the egyptian name was abdju, pronounced "abzu" (djoser is pronounced zoser, for example). there we see another of enki's abzus (abyss, portal of the lords of eternity, yada yada) in the seat of dynastic egypt, where the egyptian dynastic order started.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join