It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Truly amazing post here, and it all ties in so well.

There may be a few things not quite right, but the majority of
it is dead on.

The New religion of course will be Gaia for Earth Day.

The book Ecoscience will be one of their founding documents.

The Georgia Guidestones their new 10 commandments.

The Club of Rome IS the children of the Old Rome spinning
their new Rome into existence.

CFR, Trilateral, and Bilderberg are just more secret societies
spinning the spiders web to the same end.

Thank You so much for writing this up !

[edit on 28-4-2010 by Ex_MislTech]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

I don't think you are right poet1b, and I'll tell you why...

First, the push for absolute seperation from the mother country came from Virginia, mostly. It was Virginia that first took that radical stand against the Stamp Act, and it was all of the comotion coming from Virginia statesmen, such as Richard Henry Lee and Patrick Henry that essentially got the ball rolling for revolution. Most of the loyalist opposition to revolution came from New York, and they only relented when it became apparent that the people were creating a ground swell thanks to the words and actions of Virginia.

Now, don't get me wrong.. There were loyalists in Virginia as well, which were literally run out of town, and the House of Burgesses was controlled by the Crown and run by Crown henchmen, which found major opposition from the strong faction of pro revolutionaries that had a very strong voice in Patrick Henry and others that made it almost impossible for them to quell.

The major push for revolution started in Virginia and worked its way up. And don't forget that it is because of those same Virginia statesmen that we have a Bill of Rights attached to the Federalist (Crown) Constitution (of little consolation I know, when it is completely ignored today.)

A great source on this is a biography about Patrick Henry (I forget the title, but it is one of the few I have seen so it shouldn't be hard to find).

As for the Revolution, it was a sham that obviously by reading the Treaty of Paris one can only glean that we didn't really win a thing. You really can't call concession a victory by any means. Soon thereafter a group of Federalists and esquires worked behind the scenes to make sure that we were brounght back into the empire.

A series of central banks set up by the British, and the passage of the Federal Constitution made sure of this. Of course, it involved more than this, but you can visit Proto's thread that he linked to in the OP or my thread that I linked to in an earlier post on this thread for the whole history.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by HothSnake]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

no, i'm not saying i agree with proto on the point of ancient history (although i do agree that some info may have been modified or added to in the bible before translation into english (which itself has caused a few problems), and some texts such as the inca texts, could've been "creatively" transliterated and translated), just that i am rather embarrassed by my reaction to the information.

this text seems like a possible candidate for creative translation:

VIRACOCHA AND THE COMING OF THE INCAS
www.sacred-texts.com...

but the older texts, i have a hard time believing that the ones buried under several feet of dirt, dug up by atheists and people of different belief systems, could end up being retranslated by rome. too many witnesses (which also supports beliefs like judaism and christianity... too many witnesses). don't see how they could've managed it (not to mention, old civilizations of decent size and longevity, buried for a thousand or more years, once discovered would generate many examples, making it increasingly more difficult to modify them successfully.)

anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cepheusdraco

Rome was scared by the rise of Christianity and saw its own end coming if something wasn't done, so they subverted the religion and turned it into a method of control and a veil to hide behind. Like the old saying goes "If you can't beat 'em, join em!"
Now they had the perfect cover from which to run the world. No visible empire, no enemies! Their one remaining enemy after that point was the (unaltered) truth.

First thanks for taking the time to read the thread and post.

Second who told you Rome was scared of a Slave's religion that was the anti-thesis of everything typical pagan romans espoused?

Rome told you, of course.

There are a lot of dogmas, and distortions, that have been propogated throughout the ages, to basically hide the whole nature, of what really transpired.

Rome was no more in danger of Christianity than it is presently of you or I.

In fact civil wars were fought over it, when the Emperor wanted to impose it.

The people had to be forced to accept it, and that is well documented not only in Roman Italy, but the rest of Pagan Europe.

So I can appreciate you feel that way, and want to feel that way, but historically it's just not accurate, and the only thing that made Christianity an unstopable religion was Roman Emperor's in their various guises forcing it on people, for the sake of replacing the exhorbitant cost of bread and circuses.

The reality is, no one on this thread was really there, and every bit of information you do have, is filtered through Rome, Rome that likes to play the art of deception and divide and conquer warfare.

There are literally millions of corpses strewn across the entire world of people killed who didn't want to convert to Christianity, people weren't dying to convert to Christianity, they were dying if they didn't convert to Christianity, and that is the harsh reality, I fear escapes many in love with the romance of the dogmas and the myths.

Even today a Christian Crusade is still being waged in the Middle East.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_MislTech

You are certainly welcome my friend, I am glad you had a chance to read it.

Thanks for posting.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Consider also the number of Catholic Churches that sprung up around the world. Consider for a moment the starving or hurt plodding into these Churches for help and receiving it. People begin seeing this and align themselves with it.

Which leads me to confession. Tell your Priest all your bad deeds and quite possibly he will have a cure for you that does not include burning in hell. Now prominent members of societies would have entered the confessional and spilled their guts. The intelligence gathered on a small communal level could very well be utilized in a bigger picture.

Then when I step back and consider how the Church wouldn't let its members have their own Bibles, I wondered. Didn't the very texts that they secreted away as being too Holy and wonderful for the common person to grasp have a few things to say about such practices? Wouldn't God want His Word in everyone's hand and wouldn't He see to it that no errors were made in the translations? Why were they acting so human when dealing with a divine instruction?

The rabbit hole continues down this way and I cannot even see the light of the entrance that I came in at anymore. I am going deeper, and further. The texts that I was told were Divinely inspired tell me that I have nothing to fear. The texts tell me that the glory of kings is to search out a matter. So deeper I'll go. I hope my rope doesn't give way.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

I think you also have to consider Jack Flap that for most of the middle ages, most Europeans were serfs and vassals, essentially slaves.

Here in the United States, Southern Plantation owners did not want their slaves to be able to read or write, in general they wanted the slaves to be as dumb as possible, so they were as managable as possible.

So too did the Nobles and Landed Gentry of Europe who ruled over the serfs and vassals. The Bible essentially was the only book available to most people, so the only reason to read, would be to learn to read the bible, but then you could learn to read other things along the way.

Learn to write things too, that others could read, and why they say the Pen is Mightier than the sword is arguably from how the Bible was used to conquer the world, when the Roman Army was bled white and no longer could.

So they really didn't want to put that powerful of weapon, reading then writing into the hands of the serfs and vassals, who might have used it very easily as a power to rebel.

The Nobles themselves might have then rebelled against the system, if the system made it harder to keep their subjects in line, than easier to keep their subjects in line.

In reality, the Bible was used more like a sheild, that could be broadly interpreted, by the priestly class and the nobles, since not only did most people not read, and write, but they didn't speak Latin either, and the Mass was always conducted in Latin, they basically sat there and waited until later to be told what was preached to them, by various monks, and priests, who would then control them through the religion.

It too also made it easier to rewrite the Bible as time went along.

It wasn't that there was something so explosive in it, that Rome was misinterpreting and didn't want the people to know, since Rome in fact wrote it, and rewrote it, and wrote it some more.

They really just didn't want the poor serfs and vassals learning to read or write.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Excellent thread PT.

I don't really know what I can add except a few of my own thoughts.

I have always thought there is more going on then meets the eye.That Rome played a major part was obvious, but wow, you sure put it all together and given me a lot to think about and research.I thank you for that.

I do have one question right now though.How far back does some of the ancient wisdom or writings go that they are in possession of, and holding back from us?

Thanks again and I'm sure I'll have more questions at a later time.

[edit on 28/4/10 by NON-CONFORMIST]

[edit on 28/4/10 by NON-CONFORMIST]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
yeshua was not enamored with the priest classes, who had historically hidden from the people, important knowledge, and had instead offered them a harsh mistress of dogmatic laws, meant to keep the population at large, honorable, honest and hard working, while the law givers did whatever they wanted with impunity. this much is evident from the way he spoke on the subject.

this alone convinces me that yeshua was on target regarding the abuse of power in the guise of religious doctrine and also the need for compassionate laws, that took into consideration the human condition and the central tenet of love and forgiveness amongst the population members.

as a result, i don't believe the romans modified the words of yeshua, nor do i believe they wrote them. i do believe, however, that they guided the ideas into certain avenues which were not supported by the words of yeshua, and for the express purpose of highjacking the teachings to their own benefit.

although i do reserve some doubts as regards passages in which yeshua appears to contradict himself, these are, however, rare. the more contradictory passages appear to be in the epistles of paul, who was a man of his time, and occassionally seems to espouse ideas that are in contradiction to the teachings of yeshua.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by undo]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

The rabbit hole continues down this way and I cannot even see the light of the entrance that I came in at anymore. I am going deeper, and further. The texts that I was told were Divinely inspired tell me that I have nothing to fear. The texts tell me that the glory of kings is to search out a matter. So deeper I'll go. I hope my rope doesn't give way.

Been there, done that, got spooked and turned around. I am inching back down that way again.

Take care of your sanity. If you need to, keep a piece of your mind secluded from what you discover, so you can take respite in the calm and normal life you grew accustomed to. Even for a few days, it can recharge you a little and help keep you from tipping over the edge too far.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by NON-CONFORMIST

I do have one question right now though.How far back does some of the ancient wisdom or writings go that they are in possession of, and holding back from us?

There is really no way to know for sure my friend, speculation abounds on that regard.

Only the Pope has access to the actual full listing of documents and artifacts in the Vatican's possession.

They could go back a 100,000 years, or five or six thousand.

I wish I could answer that for you better.

There are some things even Proto doesn't know!

Like what I want to have for supper tonight.

Oh yeah, 73,622 years, 4 months, 5 days, 3 hours, 6 minutes and 22 seconds on the Vatican documents though! I get forgetful when I am hungry!

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by jackflap

Been there, done that, got spooked and turned around. I am inching back down that way again.

Take care of your sanity. If you need to, keep a piece of your mind secluded from what you discover, so you can take respite in the calm and normal life you grew accustomed to. Even for a few days, it can recharge you a little and help keep you from tipping over the edge too far.

It should be said, that in a very big way, what Rome has done, is enforced a shared reality on us all, that binds us all into some common beliefs as far as what is possible and what isn't, in regards to the universe our role in it and life.

No matter how far down the rabbit hole you go, the world as we typically know it, is going to be here when you get back up to the surface.

We have a very limited understanding of the universe and our role in it, in large part thanks to the system of forced indoctrination into a shared conceptualized and limited reality.

That probably does not serve us well!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Well yet again I agree with you Proto. A "Christian" crusade is indeed being fought in the middle east and I agree "Christianity" is indeed a creation of Rome, hence the quotation marks when I used that word in my post. While I confess to knowing very little about a preexisting religion called by that name, the word christ means anointed one in Greek and has no scriptural justification for its use. Just as "Jesus" can not even pass itself off as a transliteration of Yeshua. In reality "Jesus" is just getting us to say Hail Zeus.

There are literally millions of corpses strewn across the entire world of people killed who didn't want to convert to Christianity, people weren't dying to convert to Christianity, they were dying if they didn't convert to Christianity, and that is the harsh reality, I fear escapes many in love with the romance of the dogmas and the myths.

Well by your own words and my point as well, Rome IS Christianity so your statement is entirely accurate. It is hardly fair to blame followers of Yeshua for Rome's wrongs, but perhaps that has all been incorporated into their plan from the beginning. I think we will know when Rome finally sheds her disguise of "Christianity" that her job has been completed.
All those who follow Yeshua in truth are lumped under the same label of "Christianity" as the Catholic church and we will be held accountable for her evils over the centuries right along with her. IMO this is all part of the plan. I can feel the anger and resentment more every year, especially online. If I remember correctly the prophecy of Daniel describes the Anti-Christ (there is that pesky Greek again) as being a worshiper of forces. that sure sounds like he will be an atheist to me... a worshiper of science.

Edit for punctuation, etc.

[edit on 28-4-2010 by cepheusdraco]

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake

You got to be kidding.

Where did the revolutionary war start? Where was the Boston Tea Party? Where did almost all the battles of the revolutionary war take place?

Ever hear of the Son's of Liberty?

The push for revolution started in Massachusetts.

www.sonofthesouth.net...

This elm was called " Liberty Tree" because the Sons of Liberty held their meetings under it, and the ground below was called "Liberty Hall." The first meeting of this society was held there some time in 1765.

John Adams, John Hancock, James Monroe, Benjamin Franklin, John Adams, along with a host of others certainly were primarily from the north.

www.sonofthesouth.net...

The system of correspondence committees started locally in Massachusetts and extended, at Virginia's suggestion, between the colonies, for counsel and mutual support, was made the means of calling together at Philadelphia the first Continental Congress (September 5th, 1774). In this all the colonies but Georgia were represented, and among the delegates were George Washington and Patrick Henry, of Virginia; John and Samuel Adams, of Massachusetts; John Jay, of New York, and many others famous in our historical annals.

New York had a large loyalist population only because the British controlled New York, having taken it by force, and so New York became a place of refuge for loyalists.

The largest numbers of Loyalists were in North and South Carolina, and Georgia.

Um, directly in the link provided by PT.

www.ourdocuments.gov...

The three American negotiators, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, and John Jay, proved themselves to be masters of the game, outmaneuvering their counterparts and clinging fiercely to the points of national interest that guaranteed a future for the United States. Two crucial provisions of the treaty were British recognition of U.S. independence and the delineation of boundaries that would allow for American western expansion.

The U.S. constitution is a brilliant stand against imperialism, and the control of those who would make themselves the Powers that Be.

If you don't look at the realities, and embrace the truth, then you can't be much of a cyber warrior.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
"The NWO are changing the democracy you live in, to Islamic rule - the very opposite of freedom."
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is a recent thread that I think is truthful in so many ways! (It also has a link to my favorite lecturer,Walter Veith!)

This makes the Catholic/Islam connection perfectly. I don't recall seeing this discussed so far.

Another road,Proto!

More prophecy fulfilled,no matter where one wants to say it came from,so everyone should pay attention to this aspect.

Revelation 6:8
Revelation 20:4
...The pale horse,(pale=green,green=color of Islam)...people beheaded for their faith in Christ and not worshipping the beast,...)

I realize interpretations may differ,and always will,but it is an amazing "coincidence"!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by cepheusdraco

I can appreciate what you are saying, and there is that Hebrew sect that believe Jesus really was a Rabbi, and wanted to save the Jews, from their own errant ways.

I know they have a presence in Israel and elsewhere, I honestly just have such a hard time fitting in with any one school of religious thought or even political thought.

I like to define me, and the world I live in, and not have it defined for me, by doctrines, or idealogies, cults, or teachings.

I see them all as an inherent danger, because the group identidy, often forces people to forsake or minimize important parts of their own identity to keep pace with the group, and keep in the groups good graces.

They are, one and all in my humble opinion what makes divide and conquer warfare work, if you aren't bound to any one God, Government, Phillosophy, you really can't be defined by it or manipulated by it, and you certainly won't fight for it, or over it either.

I simply am that I am, and you know, it really works quite well for me!

Thanks for posting my friend.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

"The NWO are changing the democracy you live in, to Islamic rule - the very opposite of freedom."

YEPPER, that is the plan I see being shaped.

Islam is a harsher form of Catholicism.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by cepheusdraco

I think we will know when Rome finally sheds her disguise of "Christianity" that her job has been completed.
All those who follow Yeshua in truth are lumped under the same label of "Christianity" as the Catholic church and we will be held accountable for her evils over the centuries right along with her. [edit on 28-4-2010 by cepheusdraco]

This is why God says for us to "Come out of her,my people!"

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Resolutions in Opposition to the Stamp Act (1765)
RESOLVES of the House of Burgesses in Virginia, June 1765.

That the first Adventurers & Settlers of this his Majesty’s Colony and Dominion of Virginia, brought with them, and transmitted to their Posterity, and all other his Majesty’s Subjects since inhabiting in this his Majesty’s Colony, all the Liberties, Privileges, Franchises, and Immunities, that at any Time been held, enjoyed, and possessed, by the people of Great Britain.

That by Two Royal Charters, granted by King James the First, the Colonists aforesaid are Declared Entitled, to all Liberties, Privileges and Immunities, of Denizens and Natural Subjects (to all Intents and Purposes) as if they had been Abiding and Born within the Realm of England.

That the Taxation of the People by Themselves, or by Persons Chosen by Themselves to Represent them, who can only know what Taxes the People are able to bear, or the easiest Method of Raising them, and must themselves be affected by every Tax laid upon the People, is the only Security against a Burthensome Taxation; and the distinguishing Characteristic of British FREEDOM; and, without which, the ancient Constitution cannot exist.

That his Majesty’s Liege People of this most Ancient and Loyal Colony, have, without Interruption, the inestimable Right of being Governed by such Laws, respecting their internal Policy and Taxation, as are derived from their own Consent, with the Approbation of their Sovereign, or his Substitute; which Right hath never been Forfeited, or Yielded up; but hath been constantly recognized by the Kings and People of Great Britain.

Resolved therefore, That the General Assembly of this Colony, with the consent of his Majesty, or his Substitute, HAVE the Sole Right and Authority to lay Taxes and Impositions upon Its Inhabitants: And, That every Attempt to vest such Authority in any other Person or Persons whatsoever, has a Manifest Tendency to Destroy AMERICAN FREEDOM.

That his Majesty’s Liege People, Inhabitants of this Colony, are not bound to yield Obedience to any Law or Ordinance whatsoever, designed to impose any Taxation upon them, other than the Laws or Ordinances of the General Assembly as aforesaid.

That any Person who shall, by Speaking, or Writing, assert or maintain, That any Person or Persons, other than the General Assembly of this Colony, with such Consent as aforesaid, have any Right or Authority to lay or impose any Tax whatever on the Inhabitants therof, shall be Deemed, AN ENEMY TO THIS HIS MAJESTY&RSQUO;S COLONY.

These were the seven Virginia Resolves that were reported in several northern newspapers in response to the Stamp Act of 1765 that started the ground swell from the populace at large in every colony that led to a move for seperation from Britain. Though our watered down history books will say that only four of them actually passed within the House of Burgesses, and the rest just showed up out of no where?? Somehow all seven ended up in the newspapers.

These resolves were presented by Patrick Henry, who was reportedly interrupted with cries of "Treason", to which he famously replied: "Caesar had his Brutus, Charles I his Cromwell, and George III... (Henry was interrupted by cries from the opposition)… may profit by their example. If this be treason, make the most of it."

In any event, Henry's oratory and defense of these resolutions that day led to Peyton Randolph later telling his young cousin Thomas Jefferson who was standing in the doorways of the House quite frequently. "By God, I would have given 500 guineas for a single vote". This was the general sentiment of the people at large that read about Henry's Resolves in the newspapers across the colonies. Before this, most of the colonies stood silent and prostrate before their King.

Of course, later Henry gave is famous "give me liberty or give me death" speech that resounded the cry for seperation.

The agrarian South had far fewer debts and ties to the Crown than did the highly industrialized and internationally banker indebted North by the time of the Civil War. The South had its slaves to do most of the work, North required large sums of credit from the Crown in order to carry on its industry.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by On the Edge

YEPPER, that is the plan I see being shaped.

Islam is a harsher form of Catholicism.

Yes,it tied up alot of "loose ends" I hadn't connected yet.

"Roman Cathloic Islam" www.remnantofgod.org...

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join