It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 196
<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Today is the 2,764th anniversary of the founding of the Eternal City, Rome.

Though actually the work of man's hands--or, more properly speaking, the work of his travelling feet,--roads have long since come to seem so much a part of Nature that we have grown to think of them as a feature of the landscape no less natural than rocks and trees. Nature has adopted them among her own works, and the road that mounts the hill to meet the sky-line, or winds away into mystery through the woodland, seems to be veritably her own highway leading us to the stars, luring us to her secret places. And just as her rocks and trees, we know not how or why, have come to have for us a strange spiritual suggestiveness, so the vanishing road has gained a meaning for us beyond its use as the avenue of mortal wayfaring, the link of communication between village and village and city and city; and some roads indeed seem so lonely, and so beautiful in their loneliness, that one feels they were meant to be travelled only by the soul. All roads indeed lead to Rome, but theirs also is a more mystical destination, some bourne of which no traveller knows the name, some city, they all seem to hint, even more eternal.
Richard Le Gallienne

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I am happy to recieve any anniversary gifts on behalf of Rome by the way it's customary to give 1 poud of gold for every year marking the anniversary!

Thanks for sharing that Mr. Boyd.

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I am happy to recieve any anniversary gifts on behalf of Rome by the way it's customary to give 1 poud of gold for every year marking the anniversary!

Thanks for sharing that Mr. Boyd.

It's in the mail Proto, sorry it's not for every year.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06e83221df22.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Not for every year?

You forgot the annivarsary again didn't you? I am surprised you just didn't rush out and buy some cheap gift at Walgreens!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
[size=10]April 25

The All Roads Lead to Rome

--- Commemorative Day ---

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1bc442701563.jpg[/atsimg]

On April 25 2010 ProtoplasmicTraveler changed the Goal of Earth Week forever, he unlocked our abilities to see what TPTB want to hide...our freedom..!

This thread contain incredible knowledge. A encyclopedia of historical, present and futur secrets and hidden events in over 3900 posts, rewarded by tens of thousand Stars, 518 Flags and 200 Moderator applauses and a place in the top 5 greatest ATS thread ever.

Congratulation Proto and Thank You..!

On April 25, 66 years ago today, the United Nations was born...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ac13ec302f52.jpg[/atsimg]

On this date in 1945 the U.N. Conference Opens in San Francisco, representatives from 50 countries met in San Francisco, Calif. for the United Nations Conference on International Organization. The outcome of the conference was the United Nations Charter, which sets forth the rights and obligations of member states. To date, there are 192 member states in the U.N.

The day the founding charter of the United Nations was signed, President Truman addressed the delegates as they arrived and said:

‘I earnestly appeal to each and every one of you to rise above personal interests and adhere to those lofty principles which benefit all mankind. You are to be the architects of a better world...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4b03d8367ba.jpg[/atsimg]

Nancy Peterson President of the United Nations Association of San Francisco said:

The founding of the United Nations is the reflection of an ancient dream of mankind if you look at the writing of the ancient Romans and Greeks..!

We now know that the New World Order will be create out of chaos by TPTB ( Rome ). Middle East crisis will Skyrocket the oil market price and the next economic crash will push the world into WW3.

The next stage of Rome's secret agenda, will really be the "Very Serious Breakdown of the world economic, financial and monetary system" and that this historic failure will occur in autumn 2011. The monetary, financial, economic and geopolitical consequences of this "Very Serious Breakdown" will be of historic proportions and will show the crisis of autumn 2008 for what it really was: '' a simple detonator '', so be smart...be strong... and Good Luck..!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/33b4d1cbffbe.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 25-4-2011 by mick1423 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Here is one of the more humurous ways All Roads Lead to Rome...

Bin Laden is late pope's 'miracle': Peru leader

LIMA (AFP) – It was more than just an answer to prayer.

A US military mission that cornered and killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan was nothing short of a miracle, said Peru's President Alan Garcia, who attributed the divine intervention to newly beatified pontiff John Paul II.

"His first miracle has been to rid the world of this incarnation of evil, this demon of hatred and criminality," the Peruvian leader said, referring to the Al-Qaeda leader.

The late John Paul II showed uncanny timing, with his miracle falling on the very same day as a Rome ceremony beatifying him.

Pope Benedict XVI on Sunday bestowed the status of "blessed" on his predecessor in front of a million people, after the Roman Catholic Church determined that John Paul had performed the necessary miracle for beatification.

Garcia said the late pontiff wasted no time in performing the second miracle needed for sainthood, making it possible for American commandos to find and kill their hated Al-Qaeda foe, whom they had hunted for the past decade.

news.yahoo.com...

Even from beyond the grave!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

and all along I have been mistaken !

I thought they killed Bin Laden because He was going to release Obama's REAL birth certificate later this week !

and of course I actually saw the TV reports in Dec 2001 showing Bin Laden's funeral:

www.foxnews.com...

FOXNEWS.COM HOME > WORLD > NATIONAL

Report: Bin Laden Already Dead

Wednesday, December 26, 2001

Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader.

"The Coalition troops are engaged in a mad search operation but they would never be able to fulfill their cherished goal of getting Usama alive or dead," the source said.

Bin Laden, according to the source, was suffering from a serious lung complication and succumbed to the disease in mid-December, in the vicinity of the Tora Bora mountains. The source claimed that bin Laden was laid to rest honorably in his last abode and his grave was made as per his Wahabi belief.

About 30 close associates of bin Laden in Al Qaeda, including his most trusted and personal bodyguards, his family members and some "Taliban friends," attended the funeral rites. A volley of bullets was also fired to pay final tribute to the "great leader."

The Taliban source who claims to have seen bin Laden's face before burial said "he looked pale ... but calm, relaxed and confident."

Asked whether bin Laden had any feelings of remorse before death, the source vehemently said "no." Instead, he said, bin Laden was proud that he succeeded in his mission of igniting awareness amongst Muslims about hegemonistic designs and conspiracies of "pagans" against Islam. Bin Laden, he said, held the view that the sacrifice of a few hundred people in Afghanistan was nothing, as those who laid their lives in creating an atmosphere of resistance will be adequately rewarded by Almighty Allah.

When asked where bin Laden was buried, the source said, "I am sure that like other places in Tora Bora, that particular place too must have vanished."

I am confused.

Miracles never cease.
edit on 4-5-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
May 06, 1527

Swiss Guards and the Sack of Rome...

On this day in 1527, 147 Swiss Guards were massacred in Rome, defending Pope Clement VII as he escaped into Castel Sant’Angelo from the sacking forces of Emperor Charles V.

Charles V is often blamed for the sack of Rome, but it was a lot more complicated than that. The shifting pattern of alliances had set up a situation that was dangerous to Rome and the papacy, and bad luck made it even worse. Many volumes have been written about the various players and what happened, but here are the highlights (or maybe lowlights.)

Go back a few years. Francis I had named Charles, Duc de Bourbon (not the same guy as Charles V), as Constable of France, the leader of all the French military forces. The Constable and Francis led some very successful military campaigns in Italy, but they did it on borrowed money. Francis was supposed to pay off the Constable and couldn't, so the Constable eventually switched sides and was made Governor of Milan by Charles V. Thereafter he was known as the Constable de Bourbon. Charles V eventually also ran short of funds and couldn't pay the big, mostly German, mercenary and regular armies that the Constable was running for him in northern Italy.

The Constable allowed his army to sack some northern towns and sent emissaries to Clement VII in Rome saying that he was having trouble controlling his army, and that was true -- they knew Rome was full of treasure. Clement offered 60,000 scudi as "protection money" and it was quickly bumped up to 100,000, but it wasn't really enough money to keep the Germans in the north. They threatened Rome.

Meanwhile, back in Rome, a prelude: family rivalries were bubbling over once again. The Colonna, perhaps in league with the Constable's "negotiators" in Rome, raided the Vatican, causing a lot of damage and carrying off treasure on September 20 of 1526. Pompeo, the Colonna cardinal that organized and led the desecration, lost his See, but he kept the treasure. More about him later. ..............

www.mmdtkw.org...

and WE think we have problems ?

what WAS the conspiracy anyway ?

edit on 6-5-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Wow how interesting! Never seen it like that before!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Why this thread don't start anything like an revolution still puzzles me ..

Clearly people need to UNITE and fight this disgusting RULE, that have been over us for so many centuries

But we still Talk and document it - are we actually starting something here?

Seems like some of us are still not believing..

or cant handle the truth...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wow! I feel like I need a shot of potín after this... scratch that make it a bottle!!! It's like what I said but you filled in all the bits for me. Not sure it will help me sleep though...! It's the kind of script that you need to let sink in for a bit... but then just like the potín it hit's you...it hit's you hard and leaves wondering if it was such a good idea to indulge in. What can I say, I guess go raith míl a maith agat, slainte agus Tocfaidh ar Lá!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by realeyesrealiserealLies
Wow! I feel like I need a shot of potín after this... scratch that make it a bottle!!! It's like what I said but you filled in all the bits for me. Not sure it will help me sleep though...! It's the kind of script that you need to let sink in for a bit... but then just like the potín it hit's you...it hit's you hard and leaves wondering if it was such a good idea to indulge in. What can I say, I guess go raith míl a maith agat, slainte agus Tocfaidh ar Lá!!

I put a lot of research into ferreting out what lies behind this conspiracy and honestly at the pivotal moment of confirmation where there was just no denying it any more I was so distraught and excited that I literally found it impossible to sleep for two days.

Distraught because I realized it had really been in front of my face and all around me all along. I just had never fully considered it or really considered it at all.

Excited because well the truth it sets you free.

When I first started posting about it, a lot of people thought I was nuts, but as I kept laying out my case in bits and pieces more and more people wanted to know more and hear it all.

So I layed it all out in one massive compelling case, and let my peers decide. That's prompted a wealth of research by some very talented and dedicated members that grace these hundreds of pages, many with revelations that will at times shock and boggle the mind and prompt a wide range of reactions in many people.

In large part because the evidence is so overwhelming and the deception so encompassing as to really turn people's worlds upside down and inside out as the digest it and reflect on it all.

Welcome to ATS, welcome to Rome.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
with all the commotion in other threads, I forgot about Friday the 13th !

On October 13, 1307, a day so infamous that Friday the 13th would become a synonym for ill fortune, officers of King Philip IV of France carried out mass arrests in a well-coordinated dawn raid that left several thousand Templars — knights, sergeants, priests, and serving brethren — in chains, charged with heresy, blasphemy, various obscenities, and homosexual practices. None of these charges was ever proven, even in France — and the Order was found innocent elsewhere — but in the seven years following the arrests, hundreds of Templars suffered excruciating tortures intended to force "confessions," and more than a hundred died under torture or were executed by burning at the stake.

urbanlegends.about.com...

There are problems with the "day so infamous" thesis, not the least of which is that it attributes enormous cultural significance to a relatively obscure historical event. Even more problematic for this or any other theory positing premodern origins for Friday the 13th superstitions is the fact that no one has been able to document the existence of such beliefs prior to the late 19th century. If folks who lived in earlier ages perceived Friday the 13th as a day of special misfortune, no evidence has been found to document it. As a result, some scholars are now convinced the stigma is a thoroughly modern phenomenon exacerbated by 20th-century media hype.

20th century media hype ? What ?????

Phobia....

The fear of Friday the 13th is called friggatriskaidekaphobia (Frigga being the name of the Norse goddess for whom "Friday" is named and triskaidekaphobia meaning fear of the number thirteen), or paraskevidekatriaphobia[1][2] a concatenation of the Greek words Paraskeví (Παρασκευή, meaning "Friday"), and dekatreís (δεκατρείς, meaning "thirteen") attached to phobía (φοβία, from phóbos, φόβος, meaning "fear"). The latter word was derived in 1911[citation needed] and first appeared in a mainstream source in 1953.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

now that makes sense ....

History....

Rossini by Henri Grevedon
According to folklorists, there is no written evidence for a "Friday the 13th" superstition before the 19th century.[4][5][6] The earliest known documented reference in English occurs in Henry Sutherland Edwards' 1869 biography of Gioachino Rossini:

Rossini was surrounded to the last by admiring and affectionate friends; Why Friday the 13th Is Unlucky

Consequently, several theories have been proposed about the origin of the Friday the 13th superstition.

One theory states that it is a modern amalgamation of two older superstitions: that thirteen is an unlucky number and that Friday is an unlucky day.

brilliant deduction Watson !

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Predictions Predictions and more Predictions !

not Rome - but close, very close !

www.bbc.co.uk...

Thousands of people are reported to be staying out of Rome for the next few days, over fears the city will be hit by a huge earthquake.

The panic was sparked by rumours that seismologist Raffaele Bendandi, who died in 1979, predicted the city would be devastated by a quake on 11 May.

the quake hit a few hundred miles away in Spain !!!!!

www.huffingtonpost.com...

May 11, 2011 !!!

MADRID — Two earthquakes struck southeast Spain in quick succession Wednesday, killing at least 10 people, injuring dozens and causing major damage to buildings, officials said. It was the highest quake-related death toll in Spain in more than 50 years.

The epicenter of the quakes – with magnitudes of 4.4 and 5.2 – was close to the town of Lorca, and the second came about two hours after the first, an official with the Murcia regional government said on condition of anonymity in line with department policy.

and the same "prophet" says :

He was said to have used his theory that the movement of the planets caused seismic activity to accurately predict a 1923 quake that killed 1,000 people.

According to the rumours, before he died he pinpointed 11 May 2011 as the day Rome would be totally destroyed - [color=ffff000]to be followed by two more catastrophic events in May 2012.

the fall of Rome ...... maybe it's more like May 21st ???

WELL ?

edit on 15-5-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-5-2011 by xuenchen because: [color=cyan]disclosure anyone ?

edit on 15-5-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by realeyesrealiserealLies

Yes, thanks for the link !

I have been following that theory......ATS has many threads too.

good possibility HAARP is involved.....strange "coincidences" surround some other areas as well.

all "practice" runs for Rome ? Hmmmmm

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nakba Day

Nakba Day, meaning "day of the catastrophe" is an annual day of commemoration for the Palestinian people of the displacement that accompanied the creation of Israel in 1948.
Nakba Day is generally commemorated on May 15, the day after the gregorian calendar date for Israel’s independence.

Today might be an interesting day to keep an eye on considering it means “Day of Catastrophe”. Perhaps there could be some sort of attack on Israel?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Epiphron

Let's hope the Israelis keep their death count at 8.

Sacrifices maybe? LOL
edit on 15-5-2011 by BiggNastee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I'm still on page 23 of this thread, as I'm looking up as much as I can as I go. I figured i'd read it all and then post... fast forward to final page to check length..... decide to post a question now lol.

Proto, has anyone looked further into your thoughts that christ was originally hijacked from Druidism?

Thanks, i'll keep reading.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 193  194  195    197  198  199 >>

join