It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 193
<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
All Roads Lead to Brainwashing.

Every new route you find, leads you firstly on a hoaxed road, and eventually if you really have your eyes open, you will get back to the correct road.

Never Give up.

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Ost33

you are right, TPTB set up false paths to avoid the population to investigate too close from them. The hidden truth is well hidden but thanks to Proto, the right Route is now open for all and Rome will not be able to fool the world anymore...
edit on 31-3-2011 by mick1423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mick1423

TPTB set up false paths to avoid the population to investigate too close from them.

I think anyone who is awake would agree with that statement.

We know about the Bilderberg organization and the Fabian Society but I am firmly convinced that just like Maurice Strong, the people attending these meetings and belonging to these groups are just trusted, highly paid go-fors.

one tiny key:

....Rockefeller has also for many years hosted annual luncheons at the family's Westchester County Pocantico estate for the world's finance ministers and central bank governors, following the annual Washington meetings of the World Bank and IMF. These luncheons were held at the Playhouse. These regular meetings were also attended by the other internationalist in the family, John D 3rd, up until his death in 1978..... hubpages.com...

Kykuit, also known as John D. Rockefeller Estate, is a 40-room National Trust house in Westchester County, New York....

Notable outbuildings

* The Pocantico Conference Center of the Rockefeller Brothers Fund (RBF), in the Park, where regular conferences are held.

Originally the massive "Coach Barn", a three-story complex ultimately redesigned and completed in 1913-14, in heavy stone from the local area, it was the first new structure built on the estate. It is three times the size of the Kykuit mansion. It still houses today an impressive collection of horse-drawn carriages, and an equally noteworthy collection of 12 family-owned vintage cars for public viewing, graphically illustrating the development of automotive design from the early to the mid-twentieth century.[9] In 1994, with funding from David Rockefeller and brother Laurance, its lower floor was converted by the New Haven architects Herbert S. Newman and Partners into a modern, fully-equipped meeting facility for the Fund's conferences, with limited overnight accommodation on the upper floor. The facilities, furthering the projects and objectives of the RBF through conferences, seminars, workshops and retreats for RBF staff, are also available to both domestic and foreign nonprofit organizations, including annual gatherings of all the major foundation presidents and UN Security Council officials, amongst many other dignitaries.[10]

* The "Playhouse" - The family seat.

In the Park, this is the location, since 1994, of the regular semi-annual family meetings, in June and December.

A rambling French Norman two-story structure completed by Junior in 1927, this structure is also three times the size of the Kykuit mansion. Standing alongside the nine-hole, reversible golf course, and an outdoor swimming pool and two tennis courts, it contains an array of sporting facilities, including an indoor swimming pool and tennis court, fully equipped gym for basketball, a squash court, a billiard room and a full-size bowling alley. It also has dining and living rooms, and a huge reception room resembling an English baronial hall....

I would not be surprise if this may be one of the places one of the REAL heads uses to communicate to his underlings. A yearly off the books meeting of IMF and World Bank types on ground controlled by the Rockefellers sounds about right. But I bet you could watch the place like a hawk and never spot the real leader. Because if a real elite shows up he will look "ordinary" - a Chauffeur, or better yet a secretary, some sort of servant of some type.

Whenever I here about these people, I keep thinking of the multi-millionaires I have met. (I lived in Westchester as a kid)

The "novo-riche" you could always spot because they would always "flaunt it" The "old rich" I knew like Mrs. G (Texas oil) and a Cabot-Lodge daughter you would never spot in a million years. I watched an idiot counter person snub Mrs. G and refuse to wait on her because the kid though she was a street person!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
April Fools' Day !!

The most popular theory about the origin of April Fool’s Day involves the French calendar reform of the sixteenth century.

The theory goes like this: In 1564 France reformed its calendar, moving the start of the year from the end of March to January 1. Those who failed to keep up with the change, who stubbornly clung to the old calendar system and continued to celebrate the New Year during the week that fell between March 25th and April 1st, had jokes played on them. Pranksters would surreptitiously stick paper fish to their backs. The victims of this prank were thus called Poisson d’Avril, or April Fish—which, to this day, remains the French term for April Fools—and so the tradition was born.

The calendar-change hypothesis seems, on the surface, like a logical explanation for the origin of April Fools. However, the hypothesis becomes less plausible if we examine the history of calendar reform in more detail.

www.museumofhoaxes.com...

edit on 31-3-2011 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hi...i have a question as one who is questioning main stream religion.

I have noticed many threads these days touting the idea that all religion is based on Egyptian sun worship.

So my question is, How are the original 114 Egyptian gods portrayed into post Egyptian religion? Where these gods spirit beings or crossbreeds....

maybe this is the wrong thread....just looking for answers thanks.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

So my question is, How are the original 114 Egyptian gods portrayed into post Egyptian religion? Where these gods spirit beings or crossbreeds......

Most of us here are looking at religion from the point of view of a mass propaganda campaign to control the masses and not as the evolution of religion.

That said I would think the important gods got turned into disciples or saints, just like the festivals celebrating the spring equinox and the rebirth of the land were incorporated into Easter and SAMHAIN (October 31) or the death of the year king is celebrated as Halloween.

Displacing the old festival celebrations with new celebrations is much more important than "renaming" the gods when you are forming a new religion.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Just watching Shark Tank and while attempting to make an offer on a company Kevin O'Leary states to the owner (that he is trying to buy out and leave with a 7% royalty) "You don't understand we will call everyone we know which is about 5 people that run the world and make this happen"

It amazed me to hear that coming from the mouth of a billionaire on a prime time television show.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Great Day
Hi...i have a question as one who is questioning main stream religion.

I have noticed many threads these days touting the idea that all religion is based on Egyptian sun worship.

So my question is, How are the original 114 Egyptian gods portrayed into post Egyptian religion? Where these gods spirit beings or crossbreeds....

maybe this is the wrong thread....just looking for answers thanks.

I can provide some links about Egyptian Gods ......

I will investigate further later ....

see if anyone can correlate any Gods to Greek and Roman ..... then Christianity - Judaism - Islam

www.ancientegypt.co.uk...

www.vocis.com...

www.historylink102.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

The Roman Period

During this time there was a tendency to build temples to female deities like Isis, Hathor, Bast and Neith, whereas earlier the emphasis had been on male ones like Amun, Osiris, Horus and Khonsu.

The temples built under Greek and Roman rulership have given us great insight in the function of the temple cult in earlier periods. As they were all build over a relatively short period of time, they show a connected whole. They have yielded a vast material of texts and relief, which, although they are expressions of communal religious traditions and therefore say nothing about individual beliefs, they still open up a way to greater understanding even of earlier temple ritual and practices. See The Temple Building for an account of these buildings.

The common Egyptian stayed for a long time with his Egyptian temples and deities. Even Greeks throughout Egypt continued to worship many of the Egyptian deities, especially Horus the Elder (Haroeris) who was represented as a Roman soldier with a falcon head. (Also called Horus of Behdety). New laws were regulating ritual life, new temples were built and old ones rebuilt on the order of Roman rulers. Late inscriptions at Esna show a religious depth which some say was hardly preceded. The temple at Philae was kept open even into Christian times and was not shut down until the time of Justinianus (527-565 A.D).......

quote from:

www.philae.nu...

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adamanteus
..... "You don't understand we will call everyone we know which is about 5 people that run the world and make this happen"

It amazed me to hear that coming from the mouth of a billionaire on a prime time television show.

WOW, what an interesting find. Wonder who the five people are???

posted on Apr, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Not sure who the 5 are.

Episode in question

41:20 is where he starts to speak on it (and these are his exact words) " we will save You a lot of time and a lot of energy and we will call everybody that we know which is 5 people that control the entire planet"

* It was Daymond John who made the statement not Kevin O'Leary as I stated in my previous post.
edit on 2-4-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

I hate to be one to promote suspicious claims by well know forgeries/deliberate forgeries.

But I must take this time to speak of the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion".

I am not a Jew basher, although the many who have participated in Israel threads with me state that I am a racist bigot because I have the cajones to denounce the behaviors of the state of Israel.
They continually equate Jew with Israel.

I bring this up for some very important reasons.

1) in the protocols they call for a consolidation of media in order to control the information to the masses, and sure enough, all media can be traced back to six corporate conglomerates.
An all out information war.
2) in the protocols they state that they will maintain ultimate secrecy until the time has come to reveal their plan for world domination and it will have become so advanced by this point that it would be impossible to stop.

The reality of our disenfranchised life seems to be slowly released daily to the public by those in the know, and it seems to be occurring at an exponentially faster rate each day.
Almost as if the plan is finished.

Now I do not think that the "jews" are to blame. I think they are the typical fall guys for the Roman Empire.
They have been and they always will be.
Their programmed nationalistic pride, which they wish to expand at the cost of others, will be their downfall.
Just as is told in the Roman creation known as the bible. In the end all will turn against the Jews and Rome alike.

Things keep getting stranger and nuttier every second.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

I hate to be one to promote suspicious claims by well know forgeries/deliberate forgeries. But I must take this time to speak of the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion".

Here is what Josephus 23 is talking about:

Protocols of the Elders of Zion

"The only statement I care to make about the Protocols is that they fit in with what is going on. They are sixteen years old, and they have fitted the world situation up to this time. They fit it now." --Henry Ford, 2-17-21, whose newspaper, the Dearborn Independent, cited the Protocols as evidence of an alleged Jewish threat until at least 1927

"To what extent the whole existence of this people is based on a continuous lie is shown incomparably by the Protocols of the Wise Men of Zion...." --Adolph Hitler, Mein Kampf

The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is a forgery made in Russia for the Okhrana (secret police), which blames the Jews for the country's ills. It was first privately printed in 1897 and was made public in 1905. It is copied from a nineteenth century novel by Hermann Goedsche (Biarritz, 1868) and claims that a secret Jewish cabal is plotting to take over the world.

The basic story was composed by Goedsche, a German novelist and anti-Semite who used the pseudonym of Sir John Retcliffe. Goedsche stole the main story from another writer, Maurice Joly, whose Dialogues in Hell Between Machiavelli and Montesquieu (1864) involved a Hellish plot aimed at opposing Napoleon III. Goedsche's original contribution consists mainly of introducing Jews to do the plotting to take over the world..... www.skepdic.com...

Some think it is the Ashkenazi Jews.

...There are relatively few specifically Jewish trade names which became surnames in Ashkenazi circles. At Metz, we find HALPHEN (from the Hebrew Chalfon, money-changer) and BASSE, name of cantors. As can be expected, there are many GOLDSCHMIDT (= goldsmith) and some SILBERSCHMIDT (=silversmith), as they are rather common Jewish crafts.... www.genealoj.org...

About 3.5 million of today’s Ashkenazi Jews — 40 percent of the total Ashkenazi population — are descended from just four women, a genetic study indicates.

Those women apparently lived somewhere in Europe within the last 2,000 years...

Each woman left a genetic signature that shows up in their descendants today, he and colleagues say in a report published online by the American Journal of Human Genetics. Together, their four signatures appear in about 40 percent of Ashkenazi Jews, while being virtually absent in non-Jews and found only rarely in Jews of non-Ashkenazi origin, the researchers said.

They said the total Ashkenazi population is estimated at around 8 million people.

Ashkenazi Jews are a group with mainly central and eastern European ancestry. Ultimately, though, they can be traced back to Jews who migrated from Israel to Italy in the first and second centuries, Behar said. Eventually this group moved to Eastern Europe in the 12th and 13th centuries and expanded greatly, reaching about 10 million just before World War II...

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Gil Atzmon, Li Hao, Itsik Pe'er, Christopher Velez, Alexander Pearlman, Pier Francesco Palamara, Bernice Morrow, Eitan Friedman, Carole Oddoux, Edward Burns, Harry Ostrer. "Abraham's Children in the Genome Era: Major Jewish Diaspora Populations Comprise Distinct Genetic Clusters with Shared Middle Eastern Ancestry." American Journal of Human Genetics (currently in press, June 2010 - exact volume, issue, page numbers, issue date not yet known) and published online June 3, 2010.

Abstract:
"For more than a century, Jews and non-Jews alike have tried to define the relatedness of contemporary Jewish people. Previous genetic studies of blood group and serum markers suggested that Jewish groups had Middle Eastern origin with greater genetic similarity between paired Jewish populations. However, these and successor studies of monoallelic Y chromosomal and mitochondrial genetic markers did not resolve the issues of within and between-group Jewish genetic identity. Here, genome-wide analysis of seven Jewish groups (Iranian, Iraqi, Syrian, Italian, Turkish, Greek, and Ashkenazi) and comparison with non-Jewish groups demonstrated distinctive Jewish population clusters, each with shared Middle Eastern ancestry, proximity to contemporary Middle Eastern populations, and variable degrees of European and North African admixture. Two major groups were identified by principal component, phylogenetic, and identity by descent (IBD) analysis: Middle Eastern Jews and European/Syrian Jews. The IBD segment sharing and the proximity of European Jews to each other and to southern European populations suggested similar origins for European Jewry and refuted large-scale genetic contributions of Central and Eastern European and Slavic populations to the formation of Ashkenazi Jewry. Rapid decay of IBD in Ashkenazi Jewish genomes was consistent with a severe bottleneck followed by large expansion, such as occurred with the so-called demographic miracle of population expansion from 50,000 people at the beginning of the 15th century to 5,000,000 people at the beginning of the 19th century. Thus, this study demonstrates that European/Syrian and Middle Eastern Jews represent a series of geographical isolates or clusters woven together by shared IBD genetic threads." .....
www.khazaria.com...

[More papers cited]

Actual paper

That information seems to agree with Protos "All Roads Lead to Rome" or at least does not prove it false.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Then there is USURY the basis for much of the current world domination by one group of people. It is interesting that there are two completely different stories floating around the internet.

In one, the first I document, the Catholic Church is as pure as the driven snow until the Reformation in the 1500's, when the "definition" of USURY changed from charging ANY interest to charging exorbitant interest. USURY is then blamed on the Jews.

In the second version USURY starts in Italy with "....papal banking monopolies from rivals in nearby Siena and became tax collectors for the pope throughout Europe...." prior to that it was the the Knights Templar who were the bankers. 1100–1300 - Knights Templar run earliest Euro wide /Mideast banking.

BLAMING THE JEWS

...The taking of interest was forbidden to clerics from AD 314. It was strictly forbidden for laymen in 1179. The beginning of the end as far as the total ban on interest was concerned came in the sixteenth century. Although Luther and Zwingli still condemned it utterly, Calvin and some progressive Catholic thinkers such as Collet and Antoine argued that interest-taking did not constitute usury, as long as it represented the real difference between the value of present and future sums of money, and was not mere extortion. The Catholic Church still forbids usury, meaning extortionate charges, providing penalties in c2354 of the Code of Canon Law, but this does not mean that all interest-taking is sinful. The Vatican itself invests in interest-bearing schemes, and requires Church administrators to do likewise. That all interest was not in itself sinful was finally decided in a series of decisions in the institutions of the Catholic Church in the nineteenth century. Gwen Seabourne, London N4. www.guardian.co.uk...

*[MORE COMMENT]

* I DON'T think Gwen Seabourne should be allowed to get away with her anodyne answer. That the Christian Church banned usury for many centuries is not invalidated by reference to the Bible (family planning is not disallowed in the Bible). Nor can usury be defined as the extortionate charging of interest: usury is the charging of any interest. The Vatican ties itself up in complex circumlocutions to divert attention from the fact that it runs capitalist institutions based on the most blatant condoning of usury. The verbal acrobatics testify to the contradictory situation it finds itself in. Usury - all usury - is banned by Christian doctrine, as it is by Muslim doctrine. In the late Middle Ages the problem of financing the royal exchequer and setting up capitalist institutions in the face of the Christian ban on usury was resolved by allowing Jews to act as bankers....

It was in this way that the Jewish community was able to accrue vast wealth and thereby to bring down on its head the loathing of the Christians.... This enmity is still the underlying basis of modern anti-Semitism. The fact that (mainly) Jewish bankers did very well out of the collapse of free-market economics in Weimar Germany was the determining reality......

Jonathan Morton, London W11.
www.guardian.co.uk...

Gwen Seabourne seems to be correct:

Capitalism, with unlimited opportunities for investment, changed the function of money so that it can fructify. Consequently loaning money did not involve loss of profit to the lender and further risk of loss from delay in returning the money loaned. By the end of the eighteenth century the distinction between usury and interest was recognized in civil law. The Church also recognized the distinction so that now only exorbitant interest is called usury and considered morally wrong. In the process, however, the Church's basic teaching on the subject did not change. Injustice surrounding money lending was and remains condemned. What changed was the economic system. As this changed, the circumstances under which an un-justice is committed changed. The Church necessarily permitted what was no longer unjust.... All items in this dictionary are from Fr. John Hardon's Modern Catholic Dictionary.... www.catholicculture.org...

A different take on the modern beginnings of USURY

...Merchants also increased their wealth by lending money to kings, nobles, and other merchants. However, during the early Middle Ages the charging of interest, called usury, was forbidden by the Roman Catholic Church. Money lending, therefore, became one of the few occupations open to Jews. Eventually the growth of business and the need for capital changed the Catholic Church's attitude toward money lending. From around 1250 to 1450, groups of people began changing money from one currency to another, lending it, keeping it safe, and transporting it from one region to another. These groups became the first European bankers.

The greatest and earliest bankers were Italian and the most famous of the banking cities was Florence. It was the home of many banking families—the Peruzzi, the Bardi, the Medici, and the Cerchi among others. The bankers of Florence transported money for kings and popes. They kept money on deposit and made loans for commercial and political ventures. From Italy the banking business spread to other areas of Europe....

With the development of cities a new and powerful social group arose. It became known as the bourgeoisie or middle class. The power of the bourgeoisie was centered in the cities and founded on its new freedoms: knowledge, wealth, and independence. Representatives of the new middle class were received at royal councils and gained a voice in assemblies, diets, and parliaments.

The primary reason that the rulers requested middle-class repre­sentatives at these meetings was money. Kings and queens needed money and the clergy and nobility were traditionally exempt from taxation. However, the middle class provided a valuable source of income. In return for agreeing pay taxes, the middle class began to require additional privileges and rights from rulers. These rulers used this money to equip and outfit soldiers which reduced their dependence on the nobility.

Thus, what began as an effort to free the Holy Land had profound and unintended consequences. The Crusades increased trade and banking which speeded the movement of people to towns. In these towns emerged a new and wealthy class which was outside the traditional power structure of medieval society. This new middle class was utilized by monarchs to create a new political order that was not dependent on feudal obligations. This laid the foundations for the emergence of the modern nation state.

Welty, Paul. The Human Experience. New York: J.B. Lippincott. 1977.
www.peninsula.wednet.edu...

Facts about Peruzzi Family:

The early period:

...They took over papal banking monopolies from rivals in nearby Siena and became tax collectors for the pope throughout Europe. From such a foundation, Florentine families, led by the Bardi and the Peruzzi, came to dominate both banking and international merchant business.....

Encyclopedia Britainnica: www.britannica.com...

Bardi Family, an aristocratic Florentine family that successfully developed its financial and banking company to become one of the most influential European business powers between 1250 and 1345.

By coordinating its political activity with its financial interests, the Bardi became the leading Florentine merchant house. Along with many other Florentine aristocratic families, their power was curtailed somewhat by ordinances of 1293 and 1295. Despite the loss of several estates in 1341, the family retained its prominent political position, until unwise financial ventures, including support of Edward III (king of England 1327–77) in the Hundred Years’ War against France (1337–1453) . www.britannica.com...

CERCHI FAMILY

The Cerchi migrated from Acone in the Val di Sieve to Florence in the late twelfth or early thirteenth century. In the 1240s, the family built a palazzo outside the city walls near Sant’ Ambrogio, but since the Cerchi were leading Guelfs, it was destroyed by the Ghibellines when the family was exiled in 1248. The Cerchi later purchased and occupied the Florentine palazzi of the noble Conti Guidi. The Cerchi were leading wool merchants as early as 1212, when the eponymous Cerchio was rector of the lana (wool) guild. His son Oliviero founded the family bank, which had branches in Florence and abroad and financed the efforts of King Edward I of England beginning in the 1280s..... www.bookrags.com...

Those Medici

FLORENCE was the centre of the Renaissance. By no accident, it was also at the time the centre of an industry that has marked the West no less: banking. And at the centre of that sat the Medici family. This one family supplied four popes and two queens of France, and ran Florence, with a couple of interruptions, for almost 400 years. Its power emanated originally from the family bank. Italian financiers (known generically, and inaccurately, as “Lombards”, hence London’s Lombard Street) were pre-eminent in their age. And among them the house of the Medici was pre-eminent, the most powerful financial institution in all of 15th-century Europe.

Set up in 1397 by Giovanni di Bicci de’ Medici, who had managed a bank in Rome before moving to Florence, the Medici bank lasted until 1494, when it collapsed, a victim of depression, internal strife and French aggression. Until its declining days, the power it wielded within Europe foreshadowed that wielded by the Rothschilds 400 years later. And, happily, the bank kept good records.

The Medici were not great innovators in their methods. But they used the techniques newly developed in Italy, or still being so, to their fullest advantage: things like double-entry book-keeping, bills of exchange and book transfers.... www.economist.com...

Banking history: www.enotes.com...

the-bohemian-register.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I bring up USURY or the charging of interest because, like religion it is a major method for gaining wealth and influence. By limiting USURY (using a religious prohibition and later secular laws) the power brokers can accumulate wealth fairly easily if they are wise in picking their targets. The peasants of course are not allowed to play the game at all.

The invention of Central Banking, where the banker collects all the gains but the tax payer pays all the losses was a true stroke of genius.

ROME is rather prominent in the game from ancient times onwards.

The first banks were probably the religious temples of the ancient world, and were probably established in the third millennium BC. Banks probably predated the invention of money..... There are extant records of loans from the second century BC in Babylon that were made by temple priests/monks to merchants.

By the time of Hammurabi's Code, dating to ca. 1760 BCE, banking was well enough developed to justify laws governing banking operations.[1] Ancient Greece holds further evidence of banking. Greek temples, as well as private and civic entities, conducted financial transactions such as loans, deposits, currency exchange, and validation of coinage....

Pythius, who operated as a merchant banker throughout Asia Minor at the beginning of the 5th century BC, is the first individual banker of whom we have records. Many of the early bankers in Greek city-states were “metics” or foreign residents.....

Ancient Rome perfected the administrative aspect of banking and saw greater regulation of financial institutions and financial practices. Charging interest on loans and paying interest on deposits became more highly developed and competitive. The development of Roman banks was limited, however, by the Roman preference for cash transactions.....

With the ascent of Christianity, banking became subject to additional restrictions, as the charging of interest was seen as immoral. After the fall of Rome, banking was abandoned in western Europe and did not revive until the time of the crusades....

www.enotes.com...

When you think about it KILLING interest bearing banking for several generations, at least among the peasants, was a very good way to consolidate power. Human ingenuity found a way around the problem of course.

Medieval trade fairs... contributed to the growth of banking in a curious way: moneychangers issued documents redeemable at other fairs, in exchange for hard currency. These documents could be cashed at another fair in a different country or at a future fair in the same location. If redeemable at a future date, they would often be discounted by an amount comparable to a rate of interest. Eventually, these documents evolved into bills of exchange, which could be redeemed at any office of the issuing banker.... www.enotes.com...

Sveriges Riksbank (1656) ...was in fact the first bank to issue true banknotes.... The Riksbank is considered to be the world's oldest central bank, and was founded in 1668.... Due to the failure of Stockholm Banco the new bank was managed under the direct control of the Riksdag of the Estates to prevent the interference of the King. When a new Riksdag was instituted in 1866, the name of the bank was changed to Sveriges Riksbank.... www.google.com...:en-US:unofficial&tbs=tl:1&q=sveriges%20riksbank&sa=X&ei=AF-YTYKzF8-1twfj8dn8Cw&ved= 0CDQQ0AEwAA

The Bank for International Settlements

...he role of central banks has changed significantly since the first one (the forerunner of today’s Sveriges Riksbank) was established in 1668. Changes have often taken place in response to severe crises or persistent policy problems. For example the need to deal with chronic inflation in the 1970s and 1980s prompted the identification of price stability as a formal central bank objective and led to a significant reworking of governance arrangements. The global financial crisis that is now unfolding could well have equally important implications for central banks, particularly with respect to their role in fostering financial stability. These issues are discussed in the report, but it is far too early to know how central banking will change as a result of the current crisis. What is clear is that as the broad environment for central banking changes, the role and governance of central banks will continue to evolve.... www.bis.org...

Monetary sovereignty: the politics of central banking in western Europe
By John Benjamin Goodman (May 1992)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
in a certain light it is not difficult to interpret the marks around the figure’s brow as a crown of thorns.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/779f09e88bb1.jpg[/atsimg]

Discovery: The impression on this booklet cover shows what could be the earliest image of Christ

The tiny booklet, a little smaller than a modern credit card, is sealed on all sides and has a three-dimensional representation of a human head on both the front and the back. One appears to have a beard and the other is without. Even the maker’s fingerprint can be seen in the lead impression. Beneath both figures is a line of as-yet undeciphered text in an ancient Hebrew script.

Astonishingly, one of the booklets appears to bear the words ‘Saviour of Israel’ – one of the few phrases so far translated.

edit on 123030p://bSunday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

According to sources in Saham, they were discovered five years ago after a flash flood scoured away the dusty mountain soil to reveal what looked like a large capstone. When this was levered aside, a cave was discovered with a large number of small niches set into the walls. Each of these niches contained a booklet. There were also other objects, including some metal plates and rolled lead scrolls.

The area is renowned as an age-old refuge for ancient Jews fleeing the bloody aftermath of a series of revolts against the Roman empire in the First and early Second Century AD.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/47d1a560353f.jpg[/atsimg]

This booklet shows what scholars believe to be the map of Christian Jerusalem

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93d516dc6b82.jpg[/atsimg]

Hassan Saida with some of the artefacts that he says he inherited

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92ea07afe1ef.jpg[/atsimg]

The cave in Jordan where the metal books were discovered

The debate over whether these booklets are genuine and, if so, whether they represent the first known artefacts of the early Christian church or the first stirrings of mystical Kabbalah will undoubtedly rage for years to come.

The director of Jordan’s Department of Antiquities, Ziad al-Saad, has few doubts. He believes they may indeed have been made by followers of Jesus in the few decades immediately following his crucifixion.

posted on Apr, 3 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Appearing in the middle two hours, Egyptology's and author David Elkington discussed an extraordinary new find of ancient metal religious tablets that could change the world's view of biblical history (related article).

www.coasttocoastam.com...

David Elkington was a guest on Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnett last night for two hours talking about the ancient metal tablets. I listened a some of it, enough to hear him say that he was seen and handled some of the tablets, after doing a search I put that in question. Haven't been able to find who in reality has these tablets.

To put the record straight Paul aka: David Elkington is by no means a Scholar of Ancient Religious Archeology or a Scholar so what he has to say has to be taken with a grain of salt. It may be that he doesn't in fact have any of these ancient metal books. The creditability of some of guests on Coast leaves much to be desired.

thechurchofjesuschrist.us...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

The creditability of some of guests on Coast leaves much to be desired....

The creditability of the Mass Media leave much to be desired. They are the propaganda arm of the Banksters and nothing more. I have caught them in "propaganda campaigns" more than once.

The most recent was the "campaign" to frighten people into believing our food was unsafe and we needed "New Laws to regulate FARMERS" never mind that the 1996 adoption of the International HACCP regs CAUSED the problem LINK

U.S. Congressional Record February 9, 1917: J.P. Morgan interests bought 25 of America's leading newspapers, and inserted their own editors, in order to control the media. www.mindfully.org...

JP Morgan: Our next big media player? (April 13, 2010) JP Morgan controls 54 U.S. daily newspapers,and owns 31 television stations. www.newsandtech.com...

Media Conglomerates, Mergers, Concentration of Ownership: www.globalissues.org...

Who controls the media www.nowfoundation.org...

Interlocking Directorates
Media corporations share members of the board of directors with a variety of other large corporations, including banks, investment companies, oil companies, health care and pharmaceutical companies and technology companies. This list shows board interlocks for the following major media interests:
www.fair.org...

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

in a certain light it is not difficult to interpret the marks around the figure’s brow as a crown of thorns.

Unitl one actually studies thorns and realize that no that crude rendering most likely of a typical curled hairstyle popular of the day doesn't represent the size or shapes of thorns at all.

One thing about the religious when looking to manufacture evidence of the validity of their religion is that they don't seem to require much creative license at all to simply agree they see what suits their purpose in something that by all accounts is so vague as to be otherwise indistinguishable as a certain specific thing.

People in recent years have seen Jesus in amongst other things a 2 year old toasted cheese sandwich offered for sale on Ebay, the beer and smoke stains on a pub wall in Austrailia and naturally occuring steam and dew on windows throughout the world.

Amazingly none of these 'incredible' finds look as if they were rendered by Michael Angelo but those who want to see what they imagine to see in them, simply want to see what they imagine they see in them.

Amazingly any old book found in a part of the world that is best described as "Vacation Bible Land" is automatically assumed by a number of competing religions to be all about them, while the nations themselves ever mindful of Vacation Bible Land tourist dollars and validating religions based on no present God are all to happy to play up the find.

Decades after the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls they are still hotly debated and have shed no new light on the religion of the period, despite many religious scholars hopes, not to mention the congregants of such religions.

Trapped in the past in some bizarre form of ancestor worship is it any wonder why the human race evolves so slowly when it's future is hampered by those willing to see anything imaginable in some vague piece of metal from the ancient past, as reinforcement for a system based on enforcing strict rules through violence and fear on the vaguer promise that a world not completely screwed up by strict rules being violently enforced by despots and tyrants exists in some after life on another?

Funny how so many people would waste time looking to prove an existence of a Heaven elsewhere rather than making a paradise we could all enjoy on earth.

Rome certainly has managed to infect and disease and control the masses through these fairy tales, where the only thing that makes them appealing is almost any alternative to the world we have wrought seems far better simply because we would be hard pressed to find or make one worse!

posted on Apr, 4 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
What's you take on the space program? We know Hitler and his top associates are responsible for revolutionizing rockets and traveling into space. Private space corporations are actually planning on launching space habitats in the next few years, and commercializing space tourism. A manned mission to Mars is slated for 2030. Where do you think this all fits in the big 'world domination' theory of yours, Proto? Just curious is all.

new topics

top topics

<< 190  191  192    194  195  196 >>

join