It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

No, I agree with you there.

To state that they completely covered up all of our 'real' (I use that loosely) history is really stretching it.

But... this Jesus Christ/Julius Caesar/Divus Julius connection is very interesting to say the least, I've been doing some reading on the issue and this is an absolutely fascinating topic, one which should not be undermined or taken lightly.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

it reminds me too much of the people saying son=sun (as in sun god of egypt), ignoring that the egyptian hieroglyph for it and the transliteration/pronunciation of it, are said/spelled nothing like sun or son, and the words that do represent sun and son in egyptian are also nothing alike.

another problem is metaphor, allegory and parable were often used to describe some feature of the world at the time, in a language and cultural norm, people were comfortable with. king david likened jehovah to the rider on the clouds (a popular phrase attributed to baal). later, yeshua refers to himself as the rider on the clouds, coming in great glory (a phrase he knew the pharisees and saducees would recognize as an attribution of jehovah. david wasn't saying jehovah was literally baal in the same sense as the ugaritic or phoenician texts, and neither was yeshua.

there's hundreds of such examples that are taken completely out of context in an attempt to prove yeshua is everything from an egyptian fairy tale to a mithraic fairy tale to a roman fairy tale. and most of the time, they are basing these theories on older critiques written by guys that still refuse to look at the archaeology that has proven otherwise.

for example, it was found that the gravesites at abydos egypt (the founding city of dynastic egypt), contained mesopotamian artifacts and other grave goods from mesopotamia. egyptology ignored this evidence because it ruined their theory that egypt was a purely african culture. you can imagine the archaeologists tossing up their hands in frustration.

and that's only one example! there are thousands of them. to say rome is responsible for all of that misinfo too, is really pushing the envelope, right outta the arena, into the next galaxy

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Incredible thread! The amount of time and research you must have put into it boggles the mind.
I read the original posts, but I was only able to scan through the subsequent ones, so apologies if this has already been mentioned/answered.

It seems that almost all of this is based on the conjecture that Julius Caesar survived the assassination 'attempt'. However, as far as I could see, there was no source confirming that. A link to a source which confirms his survival would do a great deal to solidify the arguments your present.

The other thing I would like to know that I can think of right now is how China, a country which is quickly becoming a global superpower fits into all this. Could it be that they are the only opposition to this plot?

As I said, I only scanned through the 19 pages of posts, so I may have missed something. I will try and find the time to read them later.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Emphursis
It seems that almost all of this is based on the conjecture that Julius Caesar survived the assassination 'attempt'. However, as far as I could see, there was no source confirming that. A link to a source which confirms his survival would do a great deal to solidify the arguments your present.

The other thing I would like to know that I can think of right now is how China, a country which is quickly becoming a global superpower fits into all this. Could it be that they are the only opposition to this plot?

As I said, I only scanned through the 19 pages of posts, so I may have missed something. I will try and find the time to read them later.

Emphursis,

I've raised that point earlier in this thread and he never answered the question. Pseudo-history should not be used to replace what we already know. I've asked how the OP concluded that Caesar survived the assassination attempt with a solid source citation. If he does not prove the source, then this thread has no credibility. It's that simple.

He was also incorrect about the 7 knights when there is in face 9 knights before they were dubbed the Knights Templars by St. Bernard of Clairvaux and the Council of Troyes, NOT the Seborgian monks. That information is well known by Templar scholars.

Again, source citation from a book or solid reference is important other than just a Wiki link. If someone is going to do a thesis, web links are not reliable. I'm old school and prefer to see a bibliography and creditation of the quotes and so forth.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by jackflap

try reading the whole story. the bird is set free from the ark, to see if there's any plant life/dry land. enlil (who is the biblical jehovah (as is enki)) shows up after they get off the boat, and he's angry (which is the only reason i think it's about the same flood in sumer, told from the perspective of a common slave (noah) in the bible and from the mainstream perspective of the king's (gilgamesh) scribes (up was his grandfather i believe it says) in the epic of gilgamesh. it makes sense because the slaves kept it as an oral tradition until babylon. whereas the mainstream scribes were already writing it down by the time of akkad.

and here's the clincher: you don't realize any of this stuff unless you seriously study it, meaning that if rome faked it all, they sure didn't make it easy for people to figure it out!

[edit on 27-4-2010 by undo]

But does Rome have to completely reinvent the wheel? The stories that were in place...they would be remembered by the people. So why would Rome not just abridge some stories, reinterpret others, and then plant a few others that tie it all together?

What if Rome found these stories and altered them only enough to meet their ends? Or put in lines of thought that promoted the Roman mythos?

Like i said, the victors don't just write the history. They also rewrite the history.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Emphursis

To connect Italy/Rome to China....do you know who Marco Polo was? Not the story, or the childs game. But the real Marco Polo, the man?

And what did he accomplish on his trip to China, the land of the vast wealth that was the source of the silk and spices at the end of the Silk Road?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dock9

Dock9, I was just checking out that Rick Clay video you provided a link to and it is great! Thank you for bringing that to the discussion. In the video the narrator mentions the London Eye, a giant Ferris Wheel.

Through some research of my own, I've come to the conclusion that those who are behind the scenes and pulling the strings love imagery associated with Ferris Wheels for some unknown reason. They likely associate the creation of a giant Ferris Wheel as some kind of completion or blessing or something. It is truly bizarre. I don't know what to make of this and it may deserve its own thread but I believe the symbology of the wheel and referring to it as an eye has something to do with what the elites worship.

Interestingly enough there is a Baghdad Eye that is awaiting construction. Here is an artists impression of the Beijing Great Wheel. This too is awaiting construction. Here is a link to the image because I believe it said something about accrediting the author or something.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0559813af988.jpg[/atsimg]

The 208-metre (682 ft) Beijing Great Wheel, under construction since 2007 and originally planned to open in 2008,[28] has been delayed until 2010.

Now the Baghdad Eye.

The Baghdad Eye is a proposed Ferris wheel that will be placed in Baghdad, Iraq. When completed, it will be over 198 metres (650 ft) tall, and carry 30 passengers in each of its air conditioned compartments. Although no location has yet been chosen, it is likely that the wheel will be placed in a secure zone due to the continued sectarian violence in the city. If built, it could become the second tallest Ferris wheel in the world; only the 208 m Beijing Great Wheel is currently expected to be taller.

en.wikipedia.org...

Could this be a way of them signifying their accomplishments? I don't know but I believed this information some how pertains to what the elites and or Rome is doing. It's all very strange and requires much more looking into. Could it be that they love the idea of a bunch of people going around and around in a circle?

Edited to fix link.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by jackflap]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Steven Yates and Ray E. Bornert II argue that in contemporary mixed economies, people fall somewhere between chattel slavery and perfect liberty; thus being in partial slavery.[8]
en.wikipedia.org...

The Courts attempting to distinguish the terms “access” and “possession” rely upon such sources as BLACK’S LAW DICTIONARY’s definitions of “access” and “possession” as they apply to chattels. See, e.g. Hopkins at 137 citing BLACK’S LAW DICTIONARY 13 and 1047 (5th ed. 1979). Yet, the Troxel Court acknowledges that children are not “so much chattel.” Troxel at 65.

www.supreme.courts.state.tx.us...

Ah, but SO MUCH they Are Chattel. Limited slavery is still slavery. A sovereign person answers to noone but God. Think a law abiding person can be a patriot? Look what befell the founding fathers when they rebelled.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Sanctum1972

He was also incorrect about the 7 knights when there is in face 9 knights before they were dubbed the Knights Templars by St. Bernard of Clairvaux and the Council of Troyes, NOT the Seborgian monks. That information is well known by Templar scholars.

Actually they were 7, and if you reread the original OP you will realize that you have overlooked what I did not...

They were originally dubbed the Poor Militia of Christ. This was done in Sebroga and it is a matter of documented history. They did have one monk assigned to their party to make 8.

They went to the Crusades as the Poor Militia of Christ where they fought bravely and well and then redubbed the Knights Templar afterwards.

Whish is all I said about when they were redubbed, I did not say how many knights were originally dubbed Knights Templar, I said how many Knights who had been origanally dubbed the Poor Militia of Christ were redubbed Knights Templar.

So no, I was not incorrect at all, nor did I say that when the redubbing occured it was in Seborga, or by the Prince Abbot.

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
*calls my college..asks leave for 2 days.. starts reading the thread" lol but on a serious note...awesome job OP....

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Hemisphere

interesting that you would get that out of the text of yeshua.
hubby said he always viewed that as an indication of your inalienable rights. caesar can't demand from you what isn't his in the first place. it's clearly demarcating the line between man and god. caesar thought he was god. yeshua is saying, in very few words, that isn't so.

Hello again. I completely understand your view of that passage. I held much the same view for most of my life. I am a former Roman Catholic. Never devout to a level of Opus Dei mind you, just attended Mass regularly and such.

I now think that the NT had a very different "publishing house and editors" than I once did. I don't think that Jesus had a traveling stenographer amongst his "fishers of men". I don't think he existed, I think his story is a fractured fairy tale. I think there are morsels of truth mixed into the Jesus of Nazareth story that has made it both palatable and confusing. I was originally wrong in thinking that the story was conflicted and confusing due to my own lack of understanding. I am far less conflicted and confused having now focused on the publishing house and the editors and not the pen names of the authors. And with that we will differ on how we view much of this tale.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

There is no source on the INTERNET for next weeks winning Power Ball Lottery Number either!

The fact that Caesar did not die on the Ides of March is the most carefully gaurded secret of a very chosen few.

I wonder why they haven't posted pictures on their own web site, so they could bring down the entire system that they profit from and control the world with?

I believe the bulk of the theory, and the main point of the theory, which is THE ROME STILL CONTROLS THE WORLD through a false religious system they invented to do so, has warehouse, upon warehouse of evidence to support it.

That in fact the evidence is literally all around you.

Yes I admit that it would radically alter most people's perception of reality and the temptation is there as such to look for any element of the theory as something that could possibly be wrong, in order to then dismiss all the rest is natuaral, but...is it wise?

Thanks for posting.

[edit on 27/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Opposing it by loaning us 11 Trillion Dollars through the Rothschild Controlled and Owned Central Reserve Bank of China????

They are as used, abused and screwed and tatooed as every other nation on earth. Not only is there Central Bank owned by Rothschild, their industry is almost entirely owned by American and European Roman Patricians and Oligarchs.

They are toast!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Why the Vatican though? Why the Holy See? Would it not have been Caesar's wish to have Rome itself as the center of power? I know you could argue that the 'Vaticano' resides within Rome... but still, that part doesn't sit well with me. What is the purpose of redistributing and reorganizing the power structure and the new name? Would it not have been more imposing to have Rome as the center of the Roman Catholic faith?

As I laid out in the Original Post, because a Religious based control system that uses Heaven and Hell as the reasons to obey it, is much more affordable and profitible than using a political based control system that uses costly bread and circuses and buying the citizens allegiance and obedience through entertainment and bribes.

Further a singular God becomes the ultimate authority that Rome simply interprets to manipulate the masses.

You can shoot a Kennedy (quite easily it would seem) but try bagging a God!

Further it allows for exploitation of divide and conquer by introducing through other agents slightly different interpretations of the Religion.

It makes the perfect cost effective front, and elevates the principles to almost beyond suspicion because of the religious nature of the front.

It's all laid out in the original post(s) I know it's long, but many feel it's worth the read thanks!

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Dan Browns newest book is called the "Lost Symbol", and centers on a masonic conspiracy about this lost symbol referred to as the symbol of Ra.

Wayne Herschel goes much further in explaining what all of this means. Here's another video that explains this. This is very important to understanding the symbology of Egypt, the Vatican, and Washington D.C., and understanding what the Masons (Knights Templars) are hiding.

There are star maps (stonehenge, Washington D.C., Vatican, Giza Pyramids, etc.) littered across the planet that all point to this. What does it all mean?

Our calendar is a fabrication created by Rome for worshipping their gods and holidays, and pointing toward 2012. Why?

[edit on 27-4-2010 by HothSnake]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by StaceyWilson
Awesome thread , S& F , . Ive always believed that Rome never fell !!
It all makes sense , when you look for and research the answers , well done bro !! What momentum these people have , and had , over thousands of years , blown away with the accuracy , Survive well and Prosper ..

Thank you StaceyWilson, it really is the only apparent explanation for so much of what has transpired throughout history and still does to this day.

Hundreds of Treaties throughout hundreds of years between sovereign entities and principle nations with the Vatican and Holly See clearly support it.

It's all actually in Black and White for people who want to get their noses out of fanciful history books, and into the Legal Documents of History instead.

Thanks for posting, and live well and prosper too my friend.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

By implying that those who are part of these secret societies are aware of these secrets and are tied to them, you have to involve names like George W. Bush Jr. I mean surely... surely this man was not 'in the know' in regards to the Ultimate goal of Caesar, Emperor, Divus Julius, Jesus Christ, etc. And if he was not 'in the know', why not, why not in such a supposedly powerful position?

Actually Bush is Skull and Bones 322. They are the ones who principally know this secret and are tasked with carrying out world events to mimic biblical prophecy.

That is what the Skull and Bones 322's secret is, the Skull and Bones are Caesars' skull and bones and why just 9 of them are selected each year, very, very carefully.

Unlike Masons, no member of the Skull and Bones has ever revealed it's secrets.

Further as a director of the CIA a clandestine world wide government that minds the U.S. Government and many others and keeps them in check, he would have further certainly known the secret and the plan, or never put in such a powerful position.

The Alphabet Agencies, are incorporated as for profit corporate entities in the State of Deleware, so their ownership can be shielded, corporations incorporated in Deleware are almost always foreign owned.

Further in 1988 Bush reincorporated the United States of America as a Religious Not For Profit Corporation. Strange thing to do for a nation supposedly founded on seperation of church and state.

George Bush Sr is the granddaddy of the NWO plan and the current architecht of carrying out Caesar's plans.

He probably knows more than anyone about it, because he is doing much of the present day planning to bring it about.

Thanks for asking.

[edit on 27/4/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Josephus23

After publishing his seminal work, The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, Allegro's reputation was smeared by the Clergy, and his lifetime of dedication to his craft was decimated in the public's eye.

[edit on 4/26/2010 by Josephus23]

I highly recommend The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross, great choice of word, Seminal, to describe the work, also I recommend The Jesus Mysteries and its partner Jesus and the Goddess.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sorry - - really really - - that I have not had time to keep up.

Has anyone asked or have you revealed what you think is the ultimate goal?

Being that I do believe along the lines of the Terra Papers - - I have my own thoughts on "off planet" beings - politics - and need to control humans.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
well just to give you an idea of how messed up some of the criticisms of the text are, consider that constantine's mom was the one who travelled to israel and made shrines of the spots where she thought the events in yeshua's life transpired.

she had no archaeological training. she had only a copy of the texts, and word of mouth to go on. later, critics would point out that many of the places that had been named as shrines in israel, regarding the events in yeshua's life, couldn't have possibly been true because of this thing or that thing. same went for important sites mentioned in the old testament. she picked them all.

seriously, we are criticizing 6000 year old texts on the word of the mom of constantine. and people wonder why protestants and other non-catholic faiths think the holy roman empire was a deliberate attempt to make the biggest possible mess out of the info surrounding yeshua's life.

[edit on 27-4-2010 by undo]

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join