It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Roads Lead to Rome

page: 181
<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Another fantastic rewrite Proto! I love watching your materialistic/atheist views unfold... it's confirming everything I took for granted, and focusing it to a point of some wonderful narcissistic parody. Thank you so much!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by orangetom1999

Orangetom, It is amazing the amount of information that is hidden from us.

Whether the origins of the headlong rush toward a modern, high-tech Feudalistic World Government is the Roman Catholic Church, The Central Bankers, Illuminati, Bilderbergers, or Rhodesians, the "secret society" of elite masters exists and they ARE controlling entire nations. That evidence is all around us if you bother to look.

The big problem is no one looked because the information was never readily available until the internet. Now of course it is pretty close to too late. Obama and his admin are working very hard to collapse the economy of the USA and now they have the "Laws" in place to do so thanks to the lame duck session of Congress just passed.

As Paul Craig Roberts former Assistant Secretary of the Treasury said two years ago:

I am amazed that the US government, in the midst of the worst financial crises ever, is content for short-selling to drive down the asset prices that the government is trying to support....The bald fact is that the combination of ignorance, negligence, and ideology that permitted the crisis to happen still prevails and is blocking any remedy. Either the people in power in Washington and the financial community are total dimwits or they are manipulating an opportunity to redistribute wealth from taxpayers, equity owners and pension funds to the financial sector. Paul Craig Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury www.countercurrents.org...

The laws passed since then make it clear Congress is not a bunch of dimwits, they are a bunch of vicious Sociopaths intent on bring misery to those who voted them into office, All in the name of the "Greater Good"

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I am sorry if I offended you. I was not talking about you. I was referring to the Roman Catholic Church and the many other bastard incarnations of her.

No need to apologize, I was not offended really just took the attack personally.

reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Proto,
I am curious if you're able to link the Roman church with the other two sides of the pyramid through familial lines or secret societies.

I know that the secret societies contain both world leaders in both Politics and Finance but I was wondering if you have linked either members of the secret societies or members of the either royal bloodlines or banking bloodlines to holding higher offices in the Roman Catholic Church? ie positions such as Pope,Cardinals or Patriarchs.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Apparently he does need I AM to correctly translate, but only when the plain words have been twisted to mean something else to fit an agenda. If they are read plainly and taken for what they say, then no translation is needed....

AHHHhhhh,

But the words YOU read HAVE been translated by others unless you have acess to ALL the orginal texts and can read them.

I can not put my hands on it at this moment, by I do know there was a very religious and gifted young linquist who did get his hands on some of the scriptures and was appalled at the way the wording had been twisted... He ultimately left the church as a result.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet
AHHHhhhh,

But the words YOU read HAVE been translated by others unless you have acess to ALL the orginal texts and can read them.

I can not put my hands on it at this moment, by I do know there was a very religious and gifted young linquist who did get his hands on some of the scriptures and was appalled at the way the wording had been twisted... He ultimately left the church as a result.

Evil cannot twist the word of God my friend. The word of God is within YOU. If you look at the words in the Bible with evil in your eye, you will see the evil that it has been twisted into. If you look at the words without evil in your eye, but with love and understanding instead, YOU will see the meaning that lies beneath even the most twisted tale. The word of God is within you. Look for the Good in all things, and there you will find it.

Don't take my word for it. Actually try it yourself. Look at the teachings of Christ in the Bible and ask yourself what the LOVING meaning would be. You will be amazed at what you find. Then you will see everything through a whole new light. Everything changes to Good.

Then you will love everyone like I do. You MUST look for the GOOD. Judge nothing as evil, and you will defeat it. This is not restricted to the Bible. It can be done with everything. You will be amazed at how loudly God has been screaming at us to love him and each other.

God IS Love.

With love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by chocise
Another fantastic rewrite Proto! I love watching your materialistic/atheist views unfold... it's confirming everything I took for granted, and focusing it to a point of some wonderful narcissistic parody. Thank you so much!

Athiests and agnostics are two different creatures, but tell us about 'everything' you took for granted, that sounds like a real story there!

When it comes to knowing whether these things you took for granted really can be seen as a narcissistic parody, we would pretty much need to know what those things are.

You may be being way to hard on yourself.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

I am glad you brought up free will. This is such a misunderstood concept, yet it is what the human soul yearns for. We all want to be free. Christ taught how!!! I will do my best to explain this without using scripture.

Actually no, I beg to differ you can not teach another how to be free, only the individual can teach themself how to be free, through learning to use, trusting and embracing their own freewill and the responsibility that comes along with using it.

It is truly a misunderstood concept because how I percieve freedom and how I exercise it are not likely to be precisely identical in any other creature that also has freewill.

I can attempt to teach others to think as I do, to do as I do, but that's not teaching them freedom, that's simply encouraging them to use their freewill and freedom to follow a path I want them to follow.

Now why would I want them to follow my path, and the answer is simple, because it gives me a certain amount of power and privelege in defining what freedom should be for someone else, if they in fact not only adopt it, but adopt that I am the best source to check with first, on 'how to be free'.

I taught myself to be free, by learning that ultimately that there is a consequence for every action, that for every action there is a reaction, by learning to accept the responsibility for the action, and to a real extent the reaction to the action.

In other words through observing cause and effect.

What does Christ have to do with my freedom? Nothing.

If I defined my freedom in the ways that Christ does not only would I not be free but would best be described as a servant of or bride to, which those who typically do rely on such teachings are often titled and called.

Is it fair in saying you are free to live how Christ is alleged to have wanted you to? Yes, you do have that freedom.

Is it fair to say that doing so is freedom, no, freedom is freedom to reject any path or option at any given time and to decide your very own.

That's what freedom is to me, and since freedom is all about how the individual choses to use their own free will, my definition of freedom and how to be free is the only valid and truly free one, where I am concerned.

Whether it's nice or productive, fun or rewarding to be enslaved to another's thinking, to a God, King or Institution is a matter of personal choice and opinion, but it's not a concept I can freely embrace.

Therefore embracing it would actually not be freedom at all, see how that works?

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by chocise

Athiests and agnostics are two different creatures,
To me they aren't: they're just two sides of the same coin

but tell us about 'everything' you took for granted, that sounds like a real story there!
Awww, don't be silly! It's simply what was imparted at birth – that one should adopt everything one is told, and I doubted that: it's the story of a skeptic. Quite dull until one realizes the engagement at a 'personal level' [of experience].

When it comes to knowing whether these things you took for granted really can be seen as a narcissistic parody, we would pretty much need to know what those things are.
Well, we all have an idea of what narcissism is, and can guess at the ironic [self] parody therein, presuming we understand what a parody is, and can then retro-project that onto the self. But really, I know where you're coming from. I know exactly how you tick. I don't agree with you, or your interpretation of events, but I don't have to, it isn't important either way.

You may be being way to hard on yourself.
I wish I were.... really.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Actually no, I beg to differ you can not teach another how to be free, only the individual can teach themself how to be free, through learning to use, trusting and embracing their own freewill and the responsibility that comes along with using it.

When one has never known freedom, yes you do need to teach them. When the slaves were freed in the south, most did not know what to do. So, they ended up staying on the plantations anyway. It was all they knew.

It is truly a misunderstood concept because how I percieve freedom and how I exercise it are not likely to be precisely identical in any other creature that also has freewill.

Of course not. Who said anything different? However, for you to exercise your own free will, you must be willing to not judge how another does so or try to prevent him from doing so.

I can attempt to teach others to think as I do, to do as I do, but that's not teaching them freedom, that's simply encouraging them to use their freewill and freedom to follow a path I want them to follow.

No my friend, if you teach others to be free you teach them to follow the path of their choosing. If you want them to remain free, you teach them what it takes to preserve it.

Now why would I want them to follow my path, and the answer is simple, because it gives me a certain amount of power and privelege in defining what freedom should be for someone else, if they in fact not only adopt it, but adopt that I am the best source to check with first, on 'how to be free'.

If you teach someone to be free, you teach them to check with themselves, to look within for their path.

I taught myself to be free, by learning that ultimately that there is a consequence for every action, that for every action there is a reaction, by learning to accept the responsibility for the action, and to a real extent the reaction to the action.

Wonderful! Do you know the full extent of every reaction caused by your actions then? If you are peddling along on your bike and a another person demands to have your bike, do you give it to them? Your free will is now up against their free will, what do you do?

What does Christ have to do with my freedom? Nothing.

Everything.

If I defined my freedom in the ways that Christ does not only would I not be free but would best be described as a servant of or bride to, which those who typically do rely on such teachings are often titled and called.

If you do not define your freedom in the way that Christ does, you NEED Rome to protect your illusion of freedom. It is a choice. It always has been.

Is it fair in saying you are free to live how Christ is alleged to have wanted you to? Yes, you do have that freedom.

Of course.

Is it fair to say that doing so is freedom, no, freedom is freedom to reject any path or option at any given time and to decide your very own.

Of course, this is the lesson in Christs life and death. In life, he did not demand anyone follow him. He could have been King of the world, it was offered to him. He chose not to be King of the world. He left it up to Man to decide for themselves that he Should be King and in being King make them Kings. He was put to death when he could have fought back and won. But, he would not violate anothers free will. He let Pilate make his own free will choice to murder him.

That's what freedom is to me, and since freedom is all about how the individual choses to use their own free will, my definition of freedom and how to be free is the only valid and truly free one, where I am concerned.

If you believe that freedom is all about the individual, then DO NOT condemn Rome. Rome is the protector of your individual right to be free at the expense of another's oppression. You are biting that hand that feeds you.

Whether it's nice or productive, fun or rewarding to be enslaved to another's thinking, to a God, King or Institution is a matter of personal choice and opinion, but it's not a concept I can freely embrace.

It is not enslaving it is realising what it is to be free. To be free you cannot take the freedom of another. For it to work for all, then we must work together to be free. Otherwise, you may be free as an individual, but only under the protection and rule of the Emperor.

Therefore embracing it would actually not be freedom at all, see how that works?

Do you think you are free?

How would you handle the situation where someone wants your bike?
How would you handle a situation where someone slaps you in the cheek?
How would you handle someone who wanted to sleep in your house for the night?
How would you handle someone who demands your money?

Let's explore how free you really are.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

This is just my opinion but i think that Cardinals or even the Pope are only controlled puppets, i don't think they are fully conscious of their real secret role in the Shadow Empire.

I think the Elites at the top of the pyramid are hidden behind the complexity of the Empire structures. We probably know them but being hidden in plain sight makes them disappear...
edit on 7-2-2011 by mick1423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

The word of God is within YOU.

OK, I will give you that one. I had not read you other posts before I posted my post, sorry.

I absolutely hate man made religion with its very bloody hands and hypocrisy but that does not mean I deny the existence of a higher level being.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by mick1423

This is just my opinion but i think that Cardinals or even the Pope are only controlled puppets, i don't think they are fully conscious of their real secret role in the Shadow Empire.

I think the Elites at the top of the pyramid are hidden behind the complexity of the Empire structures. We probably know them but being hidden in plain sight makes them disappear...
edit on 7-2-2011 by mick1423 because: (no reason given)

I believe that the Pope himself may not be in on it because he is to high profile but If this theory were to be true then they would have to have people inside the "College of Cardinals"(those who elect the Pope) for it to in fact work.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Athiests and agnostics are two different creatures...

Yes and they are confused so often.

I am of the agnostic but I am inclined to believe there is a higher level ???Being??? because the universe is just so well ???constructed??? - Physical laws and all that.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by chocise

Well, we all have an idea of what narcissism is, and can guess at the ironic [self] parody therein, presuming we understand what a parody is, and can then retro-project that onto the self. But really, I know where you're coming from. I know exactly how you tick. I don't agree with you, or your interpretation of events, but I don't have to, it isn't important either way.

Though it might seem a bit narcissistic Governments and Organized Crime elements have spent a very large amount of money and time trying to figure out what makes me tick and have never quite figured it out.

If you could sell them on your broad assertion you could fall into a pretty nice pay day, well, that’s until they realize no, you don’t know what makes me tick, and I can’t even imagine why you would pretend to imagine that you do.

Even I live in absolute terror of what I might do next!

So while I respect your right to disagree, it would seem you don’t have much faith as to the validity in that, if making it valid requires denigrating the person you disagree with in a broad non-descriptive way.

Don’t feel bad, the Opening Piece is something that challenges a lot of people to rethink, and to yes rebel from the notion of rethinking just who and what they are and just who and what the world is that we live in.

Great news, I don’t take such misguided efforts personally, there is a lot of information packed into this thread by a very divergent and broad based group of people, and I am sure that once you can get past your own emotions in how you feel about reexamining your own reality, there is plenty you can learn from the people posting in this thread, and the information in this thread.

So welcome aboard their Cochise and hopefully if you choose to honestly debate some aspects of the thread, you will be able to do it in ATS style, where we focus on the issue and not the poster, while attempting to make your argument.

An argument that presently because of the tactics employed is pretty vague to say the least.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I believe that the Pope himself may not be in on it because he is to high profile but If this theory were to be true then they would have to have people inside the "College of Cardinals"(those who elect the Pope) for it to in fact work.

That certainly makes sense. Look at the US presidents.

Colonel House actually spent most of his time occupying the two rooms in the White house that Woodrow Wilson set aside for him. FDR had Louis Howe, Bernard Baruch and Harry Hopkins as "Handlers" and I am sure if we looked we would find Obama has handlers too. For Clinton, I would not be surprised if Robert Shapiro was not one of his "Handlers"

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

Athiests and agnostics are two different creatures...

Yes and they are confused so often.

I am of the agnostic but I am inclined to believe there is a higher level ???Being??? because the universe is just so well ???constructed??? - Physical laws and all that.

They often are, and I tend to agree that their are higher powers within the Universe, one in fact so vast, with us in essence so far down on the evolutionary totem pole it might be a bit presumptuous to imagine if just one higher power reigns supreme over all the others on the evolutionary ladder they would see much reason to interact with or provide much attention down on the level of a rather violent and barbaric group of beings which we primarily are.

It would seem to me the only sources that are claiming such contact are using it primarily to justify a supposed wisdom in violently subjugating, eliminating and dominating one another and less adept or committed life forms.

God wants us to whip em!

It to me seems very much the kind of imaginary love affair a man who washes dishes and takes the bus might have with a super model dating a man with a Ferrari and a Fortune Five Hundred Company.

In his mind she loves him, desires him, respects him, wants him, but in reality she is off at the Ritz Carlton in Maui getting lotion rubbed on her back by the other guy.

Which is pretty much why 'faith' then becomes the all sustaining thing in keeping the illusion of that love going.

It certainly isn't wrong for the man to desire and imagine he loves the super model on the superficial level that he knows her, and it's certainly not wrong to want to be loved in return, but it is simply just a wish and a dream, one that often leads such a desperate soul to ignore or fail to love the person and people they are with and in their life.

By and large we fail to love the people who are in our lives, while professing love for a God and claiming to enjoy the love of a God that really isn't in our lives at all.

Because if you are in Maui and need some suntan lotion rubbed on your back, you sure can ask God but chances are excellent you are going to have to settle for someone else putting the lotion on your back.

I really don't care how much someone claims to love their concept of God if they are incapable of loving the people they are with, and judging by the war, violence, lies, starvation, deprivation and other vagaries that plague the human race, I would say we are all by and large failing to love our brothers and sisters.

Which sadly to far too many is actuall OK as long as you love God!

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Actually no, I beg to differ you can not teach another how to be free, only the individual can teach themself how to be free, through learning to use, trusting and embracing their own freewill and the responsibility that comes along with using it....

HMMmmm that is a very interesting concept. But I think you CAN train the young to be free or not free.

John Dewey, the Father of Modern Education

...analyzed the traditional curriculum that sustained the capitalist, individualistic system and found what he believed was the sustaining linchpin -- that is, the key element that held the entire system together: high literacy. To Dewey, the greatest obstacle to socialism was the private mind that seeks knowledge in order to exercise its own private judgment and intellectual authority. High literacy gave the individual the means to seek knowledge independently. It gave individuals the means to stand on their own two feet and think for themselves. This was detrimental to the "social spirit" needed to bring about a collectivist society.... www.ordination.org...

Dr. Art Robinson on the other hand came up with an interesting homeschooling method. After his wife died suddenly he was left with a hand full of young children who his wife had been homeschooling. He asked his children if they wished to go to public school or continue home schooling. His children decided to continue home schooling.

He and his friends took the materials his wife had collected and organized into 12 grades so the children could SELF-SCHOOL! Once the child had learned how to read the rest was up to them
Schooling continued year round and the children, could explore at will as long as they completed the government required core material.

His children also run his farm and the business of selling his home schooling method. His eldest son tested out of the first two years of college.

If anything could teach "Free Will" this method would since it encourages intellectual curiosity, independence and responsibility. It allows the child as much freedom as possible to develop as fully as possible.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Because if you are in Maui and need some suntan lotion rubbed on your back, you sure can ask God but chances are excellent you are going to have to settle for someone else putting the lotion on your back.

God is everywhere. If someone else rubs lotion on your back, thank God for he was there.

I really don't care how much someone claims to love their concept of God if they are incapable of loving the people they are with, and judging by the war, violence, lies, starvation, deprivation and other vagaries that plague the human race, I would say we are all by and large failing to love our brothers and sisters.

I agree with you totally here my friend. We have forgotten that within our Brothers and Sisters is that same divine being which gives all. It is because we do not love each other that we have the world we have.

Which sadly to far too many is actuall OK as long as you love God!

And this is the greatest deception. That God is somewhere other than right in front of our eyes.

I totally understand your position my friend. I too am displeased with what the Church, the Governments, and TPTB have done to divide us one from the other. It is what Man wanted though. Man wants to judge each other, not love each other. Man wants to be revered as more than his family. We are all equal.

I am trying to change that, one person at a time.

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 7-2-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM

God is everywhere

And nowhere baby.

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Do you think you are free?

I KNOW I am free!

How would you handle the situation where someone wants your bike?

Based on gut instinct, if I believe the Universe (me) in it's grand design (mine) believes it's imperitive for the individual to have the bike, then yes I will part with that and more quite happily and readily.

Proto works in mysterious ways!

How would you handle a situation where someone slaps you in the cheek?

With a verbal reminder I am not a masochist but a sadist, and that they likely could not afford me and tire of my unique and sometimes tiresome and challenging ways anyway.

Depending on where this occurs I might display I have a lot more implements at my disposal for striking things than they do, and of course, brag a bit about my accomplishments and skills in that regard.

Would I retaliate with violence, no, I am relationship oriented in nature and don't really gravitate towards meaningless encounters, but if I felt the pangs of love at first sight, well all bets are off!

How would you handle someone who wanted to sleep in your house for the night?

This is funny I had this happen yesterday where a complete stranger wanted to do so. I would have let them too, but of course they wanted to do much more than just have refuge for the night, they were looking for a meal ticket and an achor and more or less someone to hustle for those things.

So while offering a 'safe' invitation to stay, I did for their own benefit, because I knew they were wanting far more than just that, informed them of my dominant and sadistic ways, and limitations in all areas of life, and gently nudged them to their own conclusion that there are certainly easier, saner, and less arduous pastures in which to graze.

When they realized that what they really wanted (far more than a place to stay) was not something realistically obtainable through me, they then rejected the invitation to stay the night I had only made in the first place at their request.

Had they absolutely only been in need of safe shelter, and a meal I would have happily provided both with no expectation or desire of anything in return, knowing full well I might find my throat slit in the middle of the night or awake the next morning to find everything I possess in the physical sense stolen.

I have always taken chances in my life and done many unorthodox things but I always listen to my gut instinct my sixth sense, so if it says let them stay, give them bike, give them a ride, whatever, well I do that.

How would you handle someone who demands your money?

As always case by case, depending on their need for it and their intentions, I might give them money, I might volunteer money before they demand it because I sense they have a dire need for some that I don't, I might give them nothing, and in some cases I may just choose to rob them of theirs which I have done on a couple of occassions with robbers.

Once again because Proto works in mysterious ways.

In a sense you are correct that Proto is Rome, in so much as yes, I espouse the Kingdom of man, a human being being his own Master and making his own choices and taking responsibility for them.

Rome does not always appreciate Proto for this, for I have surely tested it's authority, abilities and limitations in my personal quest to follow my own path through life and the universe, which make no mistakes about it, is my own path, I can share the details of it with you my friend, but alas there is no way for you to crawl in my head or skin to truly share it with me.

I am alone in that quest for that very real reason, I exist as an entity unto myself. How powerful and how versitile, how good or how bad an entity, well that's something that remains to be seen as I evolve through life.

Where I differ from most people is I am for the most part evolving through it on my own terms by forging my own path, and not very mindful of God's or Rome's rules in that pursuit, or what either would want or claim to want.

Though once again, where God is concerned who does speak for him, if he does not speak himself, and before you answer, think long and hard because in reality I just might be!

Thanks.
edit on 7/2/11 by ProtoplasmicTraveler because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 178  179  180    182  183  184 >>

join