It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The skeptics will never be convinced - no matter what! ( not a hate thread :) )

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Hi All,

I'm not posting a new clip or pictures etc but wanted to start a discussion on skeptics and debunkers.

My main question what do these people need? No matter what they cannot be convinced!!

It has been shown time and time again on this site that no matter what we post or what clips we show or whatever we have the skeptics will always justify it or the debunkers will continue to throw spanners in the thread.

There have been alot of clips of possible UFO's, pictures and credible discussion and fact's shared but yet they choose not listen or see logic. Many astronauts have spoken on the issue, leaked transcripts from mission's, many pilot's whether military or civil have seen things and made statement's about it. But the skeptics would rather justify by calling them lier's or dellusional!

What is it going to take, please to the skeptics what is it going to take?
A saucer or Alien to land on your front door step, you probably dont want that cause i'm sure they would take you with them
wouldn't wanna get probed lol.

I just recently posted a thread regarding a building on Mars:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

To me this is a structure, it stands out so much and i don't use the word proof loosely but it's gotta be close. Opportunity is on it's way there now coincedentally so let's wait and see.

I am starting to think it's a problem in thier heads that does not allow them to see logic in visual evidence. There is alot out there but for them it can be explained. Of course there are some hoaxer's out there and some things that can shown to be explain due to terrestrial influence sure and i accept that. There are also things that cannot be explained.
Just look at the Airforce investigations in the 60-70's at the end of Bluebook they said they explained most of it but there was 5-10% left that coulsd not explained, i personallt beleive the number was higher than that and they would have said 100% but that would have been a clear lie and shown they were indeed covering it up.

I saw comments regarding the Nellis AFB clip and people saying oh that's a bug at night or a helicopter.... WHAT! Are you serious???

So i ask again what will it take? How can they be convinced that there is something out there and has been to Earth, is coming to Earth and continues too?

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Havick007]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Havick007
So i ask again what will it take? How can they be convinced that there is something out there and has been to Earth, is coming to Earth and continues too?

Let them find out themselfs, why try to convince them? Why waste the energy and take you your eye of the ball. Just keep digging and try finding the truth!

Tsom87

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TSOM87

How can we ever spread the truth? I could photograph a crashed saucer and they say '' oh no that's a hoax''

It's fustrating
and why do they bother, if nothing will convine them then leave us to research and investigate and colaborate our efforts. Yet they come back time and time again to say no that's not true.

My favourite skeptic quotes:

Lense Flair
Bird
Helicopter
Plane
Fake
Natural rock formation

And the list goes on and on and on.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Please look what I just posted minutes ago on you Mars Building Thread. Sorry to say, but if you take a bit time and also try to see your own logic as subjective you can understand those skeptics. Some of us are in this "ting" since the 1970's mars face photos, where believers, studied for years on this matter, and they know very much about those things.

I still love the "Mars Face" it's a fascinating symmetric mountain (the base). But you can not find a building in blowed up pixels. Maybe you should try to understand how brain searches for anomaly features. Our brain is excellent in interprate structures, because we can remember 1000's of different faces and expressions. We can see Animals in Cloud formations very clear, right?

Just take it easy, stay happy.
Peace CushyCrux

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I know exactly what you are talking about. My first thread was one of a ufo i captured accidently on my daughters phone. There was nothing in the sky at the time and was labaelled birds etc etc etc. Yet you can see the distortion in the cloud behind. There are many threads on here alone that are simply ruined by those that cant see what it is they are looking at because of subconcious denial. All will become very clear indeed....Before July 11th 2010.
Disclosure will happen ( acceptance that we are not alone) by this date.
Im certain.
Everything is speeding up big time, and is clear to see now, unfortunately those that choose to look with their eyes and minds shut will never see whats staring them in the face.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

The Mars face has what has made alot skeptics, i don't beleive it's anything either.

In regard to the Mars thread, on the very first line is the link to the raw image, it is high res upto about 10 meters. This structure's scale is about 70-100 meters. I never posted the really close shot's to begin with for that very reason, there are many shot's less close that still clearly show what i am talking about.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Hi.

Thanks for posting another unoriginal sceptic hate thread, we haven't seen one of those before!

Anyway, I am what you would consider to be one of those awful, horrible, evil, nasty no good rotten scoundrel sceptics.

Please allow me to throw a spanner into your theory.

[edit on 25/4/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Well if there are people like you out there who are convinced and are searching for the truth, the truth will come out one day and spread out like wildefire. Then people will come and make up there own minds.

Tsom87

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I'm not trying hate skeptics but simply vent my fustration and discuss it and why it takes so much. My main was actually talking to them trying to show the logic of the numerous things that are dismissed by them - i could have posted links to over 100 threads.

My point and question is seriously what will it take? I dont have hate for any person that is skeptic only pitty and sadness for them

People make beleivers out to me crazy and hysterical, not the case. I have a good education a fairly decent IQ and a strong interest in science and a good job. I look at things objectively that's all. The reason i get fustrated with skeptics is that they enter a discussion or look at evidence with a pre conceived notion that it isnt possible and it's not true.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I hope it's that soon, i truly do, but i aint holding my breath
if there is disclosure i hope it's not because it means bad new's if you know what i mean.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Fair enough, but I will warn you that what you want this thread to be and what it will probably turn out to be are two different things.

Hence my earlier reply.

Watch for the sceptic haters coming in and making it a hate thread, seen it all too often I'm afraid.

Oh and watch for the awesome term pseudo-sceptic, it's a favourite of theirs.

All the best!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

It's annoying, but you'll just have to accept it. There are other sites that are completely absent of 'skeptics' and their threads are pretty lame. Anything and everything is hysterically labelled a UFO, ET or Nibiru.

Some of the skeptics around here could take a less hostile approach to the threads of new members. I see some new kids posting threads and getting blitzed by a bad attitude in 3 posts...that's not so good. Likewise, new members should be aware that what's new to them isn't necessarily new to a lot of other people. Frequently, a 'new thread' is just a repetition of dozens that have gone before.

I'm considered a skeptic by some, but consider myself an independent. Labelling a dissenting voice 'skeptic' is often a way to ignore what that member is pointing out. Again, labelling some guys 'believers' helps to dismiss their ideas too. Sadly, labels are part of human nature.

A good way to look at Ufology is as a bit of fun and mystery. It shouldn't be something to fall out over and yet the boards are littered with emotional or insulting comments aimed at each other. If believers want to believe...let them. If skeptics want to disbelieve...let them.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think ATS would be rubbish and worse still if there where no skeptics / dubunkers.

They provide a balance and make anyone who belives in a certian thing be it aliens ects question the evidence formulate new theorys or dismiss the old ones.

Some do take it to far and no matter how much information or proof you throw at them they will never accept it but they help balance the people thats will accept anything.

So I say bring them on let them put there feet up and have a damm good discussion hopefully without name calling or pulling any card be it racisim religious cards.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I honestly think that people are really seeing things in the sky, UFO's do exist....BUT just because people see things in the sky doesn't mean that they are extraterrestrial.....got it? I just don't know how people who believe in ET's think that just because they see a disc in the sky, that means we are being visited by alien creatures from other planets. Again I do believe that witnesses are seeing and encountering strange phenomena...but I don't believe we really know what they are.....we can discuss that if anyone chooses.....

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Viper73]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jpmail

This is a reply to all three above post's - sorry peoples just easier in one reply. Yeah i totally get what your saying and critism is fine but some people do get personal and go way to far and as i said many people come to the discussion with a pre conceived notion that whatever they read isnt going to be possible.
I seriously think that if say roswell was all true and it did happen ( the saucer ) that if someone released documents and photo's. Many people would say oh no it's a hoax it's fake. Before taking anytime to look into it. Its the fact they already think it's not true the does not allow them to think openly and objectivley.
As i said i'm happy for constructive critism and real talks but alot of people just say '' no your crazy or delusional '' actually it's funny many scientist's can be like that and they should be the opposite in some ways.
Do you know why Albert Einstein never got a Nobell Prize for relativity, because the poeple at the time that decide on who get's the prize just could not understand his theory. But today it's one of the greatest discoveries in Physics ( so far )
I also think that is what stops many people coming forward with what they may know or have seen, the riticule they will receive and be labelled as crazy.
Look at Buzz Aldrin, he starts talking about seeing UFO's and now has suddenly retratced his statments saying he was not serious. Now mayeb that's true or maybe he started being treated differently in his circle of friends or aquintances... i dont know.

There was clip on youtube i watched, i think it was acalled spacewar or something like that, it was about ex-nasa and pilots etc that talked about it and said it just wasnt discussed or looked at in those area because you were labelled crazy. Pilots that are affraid to talk about sighting because they are scared they will lose their jobs and be called unfit for flying.

Has anyone seen the buzz aldrin clip, where he talks about seeing something close to the Apollo craft and they radio houstong to find the location of the rocket ( the one that was ejected SR4 or something) but they knew it wasnt that rocket and one of them looking through the scope noticed the strange shape of it. They didnt want to radio houston about because they were worries it would jepardise the moon landing and they may be told to come back.

Then on a later interview he totally changes his story and states it was a panel from the rocket or something. So it's the way people are treated that scares them into telling the truth.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Viper73

No of course, not every single thing is an Alien or simlar, there are many ways to explain somethins but also many things and incidents that cannot be explained.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Also i edited the title to try and stop skeptic hater's

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Oh and watch for the awesome term pseudo-sceptic, it's a favourite of theirs.

Chadwickus, come on mate -are you suggesting pseudo-sceptics don't exist?

I've always found you to be rather objective but I do think this advice could apply to a few people on these forums:

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance-- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

Herbert Spencer, British philosopher

Link

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Oh they exist.

As do pseudo-believers (They would be the ones who really, really hurt UFOlogy)

My warning is in regards to those who over use the term, or use it when not appropriate.

I've been called it a few times myself despite being, as you say, fairly objective on the subject.

That's what I was getting at, my apologies if you thought I was implying they don't exist.

[edit on 25/4/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Remember as well, alot of today's pseudo science can end up being tomorrow's mainstream science. Not all but some, it has happened time and time again.

It is the real fanatic people that can hurt UFology, they beleive anything they see and hear without investigating for themselves. I try to limit ehat i read here because i end up researching a topic for hours and sometimes it is a waste of time. We have all been tricked from time to time though, me included
did you all see that thread about the ufo footage in Geelong Australia, turns out it was a couple people flying RC planes, not the people that took the footage but people in a house below where they were flying.

Now when i first saw it i thought it was real, it did look abit fishy though how the lights were dipping so close to houses, that's not usual of UFO's unless people were being abducted lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join