It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vast Static Charge on the Moon...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity
Hi all,

Doing some research on the moon no stars thread and found I had to justify why I believe we didn't walk on the moon. And when accused of hijacking the thread I decided it deserves its own thread.

I discovered back in 2007 that once a month the surface of the moon gets a charge of thousands of volts, this does not dissipate and so over time the charge build up is immense.

So how could we have landed on the moon and walked??

Astrophysicists found that the moon's surface becomes electrified during each full moon. The moon passes through the Earth's magnetotail, a cone of highly-charged particles, for about 6 days each month. On the side of the moon facing the sun, ultraviolet particles disrupt the electromagnetic effect, keeping the voltage at low levels, but on the dark side, the voltage can reach hundreds or thousands of volts.

Science Daily

Given the fact that there is nothing to discharge this static... It would have remained to some degree right through the phases of the moon, gaining a boost every time it enters the magnetotail.

Discuss??

Korg,

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Korg Trinity]

Looks like you answered your own question look at the bold text above it seems to give you the answer if you read it.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by Korg Trinity

Got a 500,000 V static shock at school from a large Van Der Graff generator so whats the problem like others have stated its AMPS that kill not VOLTS again you made an assumption regarding this and its not correct.

The Problem is when in space / on the moon you better hope your electronic devices keep working.

The ESD would certainly be enough to kill all your computer equipment, the relays to your thrusters and more than likely the micro electronically controlled breathing apparatus.

try hooking up your pc's mother board to that van der graff generator if you feel I'm wrong.

then if you haven't reported in we'll take it your pc isn't working anymore.....

Will all those that have taken secondary school physics sit down please... we are not talking about amps here we are talking about VOLTS as in electron force not Amps as in CURRENT.... Amps are irrelevant in this issue because we are talking about STATIC not some kind of current generator.

Please refer to the pdf I posted earlier... Geeze do people actually read links these days??

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Now look at post above and see the answer the sunlit side on the Moon doesn't have the problem you claim see bold text highlighted from your OP maybe YOU should read your OWN posts more carefully.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Looks like you answered your own question look at the bold text above it seems to give you the answer if you read it.

Now look at post above and see the answer the sunlit side on the Moon doesn't have the problem you claim see bold text highlighted from your OP maybe YOU should read your OWN posts more carefully.

looks like you two can't even read 2 pages of thread... some one else mentioned that and just so we are absolutely clear.... relatively low levels means a charge of a few thousand volts....

A few tens of volts is enough to kill microelectronics...

so more than enough then...

Korg.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   

The Far side of the MOON as it should be called!

During this time, the Moon is actually crossing through a stream of electrically charged particles trapped inside the magnetic field of the Earth. Most of these particles, especially electrons, reach the surface, giving it a negative charge. On the dark side of the Moon, the electric charge can build up an electric field of up to several thousand volts, while the illuminated side of the Moon maintains a relatively low and constant electric field due to the action of ultraviolet light which ejects electrons right back into space.

Because all manned missions were executed in times when the Moon was not in a full-moon phase, nobody is quite certain what would happen when it intersects the Earth's magnetotail. Investigations carried out by the Lunar Prospector between 1998 and 1999 revealed that in the dark side electrical fields may vary between -200 to -1000 volts.

you can read more here

news.softpedia.com...

Maybe this make is clearer Far (dark) side HIGH VOLTAGE sunlit side LOW voltage.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The charge on the shoes soles induces static electrical charge on your body, and this charge appears as a high voltage. Under severe conditions, more than 15,000 Volts have been recorded. It is quite common to experience 5,000V. In fact, many people do not feel a shock from a static electricity discharge less than about 2,000-4,000V.

It is very easy to control static buildup. Electronic circuits can easily be shielded or properly grounded.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Maybe this make is clearer Far (dark) side HIGH VOLTAGE sunlit side LOW voltage.

are you thick or something???

Try Reading The Thread Before Posting... It May Help You To Make Posts, That Are Relevant To The Issue At Hand!!

I REPEAT...

On The Side of The Moon that Always Faces us, has a Charge of Over 3500 Volts When Tested!!!

3500 VOLTS is more than enough to wipe out electronics by a factor of more than 10....

Please Please Please dont let me repeat myself again.... This information is verifiable... its not my opinion its a fact...

Why are you having such a hard time over it???

Korg.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

are you thick or something???

Try Reading The Thread Before Posting... It May Help You To Make Posts, That Are Relevant To The Issue At Hand!!

I REPEAT...

On The Side of The Moon that Always Faces us, has a Charge of Over 3500 Volts When Tested!!!

3500 VOLTS is more than enough to wipe out electronics by a factor of more than 10....

Please Please Please dont let me repeat myself again.... This information is verifiable... its not my opinion its a fact...

Why are you having such a hard time over it???

Korg.

Read what the article said Dark(should be far) side has the voltage not the sunlit side which has a LOW votage

From YOUR own LINK TO SCIENCE DAILY I QUOTE

October 1, 2008 — Astrophysicists found that the moon's surface becomes electrified during each full moon. The moon passes through the Earth's magnetotail, a cone of highly-charged particles, for about 6 days each month. On the side of the moon facing the sun, ultraviolet particles disrupt the electromagnetic effect, keeping the voltage at low levels, but on the dark side, the voltage can reach hundreds or thousands of volts.

Hope this makes it clear enough for YOU

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Hope this makes it clear enough for YOU

You know what. you need to read more of the article and the other sources I have posted. And maybe put some of your own research in aswell...

1. Static across the entire moon.
2. Static on the far side higher than the near side
3. Static caused by cosmic rays
4. Intensified when trailing through the magneto-tail
5. Ultraviolet lessens voltage on near side.....
6. Near side still reaches damaging ESD levels.

Is that simple enough for you??

Korg.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

The ESD would certainly be enough to kill all your computer equipment, the relays to your thrusters and more than likely the micro electronically controlled breathing apparatus.

The LM computer was NOT exposed to this "static electricty", and in any case it would have been protected, just from its mounting.

"Relays to the thrusters"? Do you even have any idea what kind of relays we're talking, here, back in the late 1960s-early 1970s? MAGNETS. Electricity. Physical switches (like, what you use in your HOME to turn on a lamp).

Oh, and "micro-electronically controlled breathing apparatus"??

I realize that there is sometimes a lack of decent information on the Internet, but THIS is easily researched, and can be shown to be a vast exaggeration, when it comes to the technology employed by the PLSS.

Here's just a snippet description:

The air handling function of a PLSS is similar to that of a diving rebreather, in that exhaled gases are recycled into the breathing gas in a closed loop.

en.wikipedia.org...

This was not built by Toyota
and subject to the sort of static electricity "dangers" that you seem to think...most of the equipment was mechanical, NOT run by 'micro-processors' (I don't think ICs were very advanced yet, back then anyways). You can look THAT up, of course...

These units were designed on the K.I.S.S. principle, since they HAD to work; lives depended on it!

That is just to whet your appetite for more research.

Here, try reading through this, gives some perspective as to why there is an entire generation of 'kids' (yes, I said 'kids' -- even if a guy has worked in a tech field for ~17 years, it still assumes they left college about that time. SO they weren't yet born, or were still in diapers, during the Apollo missions).

www.thespacereview.com...

Appollonius Ignoramus

The authors of this document, Mary Connors, of Ames Research Center, and Dean Eppler of Johnson Space Center, explained that they conducted the study to offset what they called two “syndromes that affected some (by no means all) people in the exploration program.”

The first was what they called Apollo Nostalgia Syndrome, or Appollonious Memorilapsus, an affliction that struck white males in the 50–60 year age range who could remember little about what, if anything, they had done with Apollo EVA.

The second was Apollo Ignorance Syndrome, Appollonious Ignoramous, which struck white males under 40 who had been with the agency less than ten years. “Symptoms are a blank expression, and the repetition of the phrase, ‘What do you mean we went to the moon once!?’”

Connors and Eppler sought to “set the record straight about Apollo EVA” and learn something about it from the astronauts who walked on the moon. So they extended invitations to the surviving moon walkers and eight of them responded. The astronauts were Apollo 11 moonwalker Buzz Aldrin, Apollo 12’s Alan Bean, Apollo 14’s Ed Mitchell, Dave Scott from Apollo 15, Charlie Duke from Apollo 16, and Gene Cernan and Jack Schmitt from Apollo 17.

[edit on 25 April 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Will all those that have taken secondary school physics sit down please... we are not talking about amps here we are talking about VOLTS as in electron force not Amps as in CURRENT.... Amps are irrelevant in this issue because we are talking about STATIC not some kind of current generator.

AMPS are more than relevant, in all electron flow!

Amperage is the amount of current past a point in 1 second of time.

Now how you can just drop that from electricity is beyond me.

The idea of what you propose

amps=watts/volts

Since we have to speculate on what watts are avaliable I'll use

1000 watts or 1000 joules per second, which would be TOTALLY perposterious!

That is the equivalant of 10 100 watt lightbulds functioning.

To continue..... since we are trying to figure the amps

1000 watts/3500 volts=0.285714286 amps!

Or 285 miliamps!!! hardly enough for any worry on the spacecraft Astronauts or computers.

Lets us assume 20000 volts at 1000 joules per second[1000 watts]

1000watts/20000volts= 0.05 amps!!!

Or 50 Miliamps!

You have to have current driving [watts] or the static is just static!

There was much biger issues with static discharge and pressure induced lightning on launch that Apollo 12 had experinced being struck twice as noted here.

NASA Image Here

A quote about lightning near Apollo 15 Launch

Most measurements have been in the range 5,000 to 20,000 amps but a famous strike just before the Apollo 15 launch in 1971 was measured at 100,000 amperes by magnetic links attached to the umbilical tower. Currents over 200,000 amps have been reported.

So as you can see 3500 volts is nothing!

[edit on 25-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by loner007

On the side of the moon facing the sun, ultraviolet particles disrupt the electromagnetic effect, keeping the voltage at low levels, but on the dark side, the voltage can reach hundreds or thousands of volts.

I think you already answered your own question......

Low levels?? 4500 volts??

Thats enough to knock out anything electronic and flatten a human. On the Dark side, hundreds of thousands of volts... well enough said.

It does make sense as to why there are no rovers on the moon.... And is one of the many reasons why I think Apollo was hoaxed.

All the best,

Korg.

Re read your own POST mate it says and I repeat for the HARD OF LEARNING IT SAYS HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS OF VOLTS
IT DOES NOT REPEAT DOES NOT SAY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF VOLTS IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH.

Re read the quote above from your post

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Re read your own POST mate it says and I repeat for the HARD OF LEARNING IT SAYS HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS OF VOLTS
IT DOES NOT REPEAT DOES NOT SAY HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF VOLTS IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH.

Re read the quote above from your post

You know what comments like yours are the kind of pedantic comment that leave a very nasty taste in your mouth when you frequent ATS.

A slip in terms of / or. If you have bothered to read the thread in its totality you would have read in every other mention of this it or not of.

my mind often works faster than my fingers.

I can see that there are quite a few people here who hold onto so dear the idea we went to the moon..

keep believing is what I say... cause we are not going to be able to walk on the moon for at least another 30 years.

that would be 70+ years in between events....

why not let common sense prevail and realize that if we really did go to the moon back in the 60's then we would have been back many many times by now.

Korg.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The sites you quoted said the Dark (far) Side WAS THE HIGH VOLTAGE
ONE SAID 4500V the one I quoted 200-1000 v the sunlit side was quoted as low.

You quoted hudreds of thousands of volts for the dark side and 4500v for the sunlit side.

The sites also quoted this happens at the full Moon phase when the Astronauts were NOT on the Moon and more importantly they would be on the sunlit side were the LOW voltage at FULL Moon phase would be.

Now if its low voltage on the sunlit side at full Moon it would be an even lower voltage when they were on the Moon.

quotes from your sites for far side

Scientists have discovered that the surface of the moon can accumulate a huge charge of static electricity - up to 4,500 V has been detected so far

next

The moon passes through the Earth's magnetotail, a cone of highly-charged particles, for about 6 days each month. On the side of the moon facing the sun, ultraviolet particles disrupt the electromagnetic effect, keeping the voltage at low levels, but on the dark side, the voltage can reach hundreds
or thousands of volts.

So the voltages are not what you claimed in your quote below YOU SAID 4500V FOR SUNLIT SIDE.

Originally posted by loner007

On the side of the moon facing the sun, ultraviolet particles disrupt the electromagnetic effect, keeping the voltage at low levels, but on the dark side, the voltage can reach hundreds or thousands of volts.

I think you already answered your own question......

Low levels?? 4500 volts??

Thats enough to knock out anything electronic and flatten a human. On the Dark side, hundreds of thousands of volts... well enough said.

It does make sense as to why there are no rovers on the moon.... And is one of the many reasons why I think Apollo was hoaxed.

All the best,

Korg.

You got mixed up then claimed it was another good reason WHY the moon landing was a hoax the only thing that is a hoax is your info

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by theability

Glad you brought this up, "ability":

A quote about lightning near Apollo 15 Launch ...

Some may forget that the Apollo 12 Saturn V was STRUCK by lightning, during launch!!

As designed, had the effect of tripping quite a few circuit breakers. Reset breakers, re-power systems, and all was well. NO permanent damage.

...36.5 seconds after lift-off from Kennedy Space Center, the vehicle triggered a lightning discharge through itself and down to the earth through the Saturn's ionized plume. Protective circuits on the fuel cells in the service module falsely detected overloads and took all three fuel cells offline, along with much of the CSM instrumentation. A second strike at 52 seconds after launch knocked out the "8-ball" attitude indicator. The telemetry stream at Mission Control was garbled nonsense. However, the Saturn V continued to fly correctly; the strikes had not affected the Saturn V's Instrument Unit.

en.wikipedia.org...

To imagine that the Apollo hardware was that susceptible to electical discharge is simply incorrect.

"Vast Static Charge" on the Moon, indeed! Moon "Hoax" advocates crack me up!

Recently found this website...don't blame ME for the title...

www.thekeyboard.org.uk...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Well it looks like the Korg have been assimilated
or mayde the static on this thread has been earthed or of course it may just be he has spotted his mistake.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Well it looks like the Korg have been assimilated
or mayde the static on this thread has been earthed or of course it may just be he has spotted his mistake.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by wmd_2008]

Not at all, this thread proves to me that there are quite a few people who suck up all that is told to them. It also proves that for every article you may find on the internet there is another article arguing the exact opposite. Those who believe the official story will of course use these sources and those that don’t believe what was told think laterally and objectively at the issue.

The Vail is well and truly over your eyes.

Static is just one of a myriad of other obstacles that NASA never contemplated back in the 60's, not because of lack of danger but because of lack of knowledge.

If we really did go to the moon, then why has human space travel stagnated, did you realise how far technology has come in 40 years for Christ sake.

it's the best part of half a century and we haven't done anything on the moon at all..... Except bomb it and send a probe in very very recent times.

Not even a Rover????

Christ mars gets plenty of rovers? why not one or two on the moon???

The scales don't balance, it doesn't weigh up, and there are too many anomalies.

If we really went to the moon, then trust me in 40 years we would have been back.

Korg.

P.S. Korg is not derivative of BORG... Geeze bloody trekkers....

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Korg trinity is a model of keyboard Synthesizer that made a huge impact on the field.

Korg Trinity

Sorry to be OT, but is that it?

BTW I am a trekky and I never said anything about borg!

[edit on 26-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theability

Korg trinity is a model of keyboard Synthesizer that made a huge impact on the field.

Korg Trinity

Sorry to be OT, but is that it?

BTW I am a trekky and I never said anything about borg!

[edit on 26-4-2010 by theability]

theability, I wasn't replying to you I was replying to WMD_2008...

He made a comment about being assimilated.

I'm a composer so hence the username.

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

korg I was trying to play along I know you werent talking to me, but was I right about the Korg synth?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join