It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hyperfast missile to hit anywhere in an hour

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Hyperfast missile to hit anywhere in an hour

www.timesonline.co.uk

HAUNTED by the memory of a lost opportunity to kill Osama Bin Laden before he attacked the World Trade Center in New York, US military planners have won President Barack Obama’s support for a new generation of high-speed weapons that are intended to strike anywhere on Earth within an hour.

Obama’s interest in Prompt Global Strike (PGS), a nonnuclear weapons programme, has alarmed China and Russia and complicated nuclear arms reduction negotiations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

The Pentagon has already begun testing missile systems that might be used in a PGS programme. Last week the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (Darpa) launched a test flight of a prototype labelled the Hypersonic Technology Vehicle 2 (HTV-2), also known as the Falcon.

I am aware that the military is always developing new technologies, but am I the only person who has noticed that the number of reports regarding the development of ultra high-tech military equipment is increasing, recently? For instance, it was only days ago that a space craft was launched which sparks arm race concerns.

I'm not talking about traditional development, but about development that are of such magnitude, which indicate to everyone that the US military capabilities are way ahead of any country that thought to be capable to compete militarily with the US.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
anywhere in an hour???

Dominos is faster, they deliver
in 30 minutes or less !!! lol

but seriously, this is of major concern
to a lot of people, mainly foreign
governments and only hurt global
relations.

Have we become so threatened by
an invisible enemy that we have lost
all our common sense???

This missle is nothing more than
a global weapon of mass destruction.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:37 AM
link   
mmm, it depends whose hands its in. it could be a very nice defence against, well, just about anything. taking out a target in less than an hour? damn thats fast. i wonder what the payload is though, for such a speed to be achieved. non-nuclear, well, that could be about anything, from m-80 firecrackers to something like the moab yield.

no wonder china is scared to reduce their nuke stockpiles when they could get hit within the hour. i think it was tactless to release info on such a weapon during nuclear reduction talks.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
wasnt there talk on ATS of the thing that the air force just put up,
the possibility of something just like this?
that it would be able to hit anywhere, in ' a few minutes' ?

yay more weapons.
wtf

link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

How can you define this missile as defense? It's the very definition of offense. If they were interested in ultimate defense they would spend tax money on taking down missiles instead of creating missiles that will hit anywhere in less than an hour.

link   
Give it 5 years and we will be invading all sorts of countries for dreaming up ideas like this!!

We are the terrorists.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
We were just discussing this in Mutter.

Seems like the Russians take this a serious threat, equal to that of the current nuclear arsenal.

My question is however, what is this "super bomb" made of?
It has to have massive destructive capablillites if it is to match the current arsenal of "megadeath".

Wikipedia says:

The PGS System can be delivered via:

* Ballistic missiles, based on either the ICBM or SLBM
* Hypersonic cruise missiles, such as the Boeing X-51
* Air launched missiles
* Space based launch platforms

The warhead is expected to be a maneuverable vehicle, weighing some 2 tonnes including the payload, and be able to deliver either a unitary penetrator, numerous smart munitions and even UAVs. As of 2010 the Air Force's prototype is a modified Minuteman III ICBM.

Space based launch platforms???

The "Star Wars" program is not supposed to be anymore!
Space does not belong to any nation, that is why the militarization thereof is wrong.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
i wonder what the payload is though, for such a speed to be achieved. non-nuclear, well, that could be about anything, from m-80 firecrackers to something like the moab yield.

It looks like it may just be a kinetic weapon mostly, but I suppose with the option to carry a variety of non nuke warheads - but the thing splitting into 100 tungsten darts moving at mach 5 is plenty to take out a surface target, it would of ripped that training camp to shreds back in 98 for instance... I doubt you coud get a MOAB yeld on it though without a small nuke, I think a MOAB alone weighs in at 8 or 9 tonnes, so add that to a launch vehicle and I don't think that's practical.

That X-37 is looking more and more like a weapons platform ain't it
Just imagine a few of those thins up there orbiting for the best part of a year packing a bunch of these missiles, that's a real loiter / strike capability if I ever saw one.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Space does not belong to any nation, that is why the militarization thereof is wrong.

Since when was the actions of warmongers ever right?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

Since when was the actions of warmongers ever right?

I get your point, totally.
Still, we must remain outraged and angry.
If we conform and accept the facts, we will have lost.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Project Thor has already been tested and can kill anyone withen minuets of a decision being made. Larger Rods can destroy buildings. They are simply tungsten arrows of nearly any size that use smart bomb technology to drop a kinetic weapon anywhere on planet earth.

Due to treaties we are not suppose to have weapons like this in orbit but we could have a space plane capable of launcing such weapons.

Kinetic_bombardment

Now we have a "legal" delivery vehicle. Crisis occurs and space plane is launched. Now if the crisis warrants we have "Rods from the Gods" awaiting a presidential decision to deploy.

Product Reviews

Remember that Satelite that the Navy Shot down? It was this technology launched by the bush admin for a potential hit on Saddam or OBL. It also violated international treaties. Its low orbit was required for better aiming of the still in development technology. It was destroyed to protect Bush admin from further war crimes and due to fear its tungten rods might hit a city as its orbit spiraled out of control.

The rush to launch it prior to it being fully developed caused the crisis.

This missle is more than likely part of the growing need to hit targets imediately such as OBL or a possible North Korean Launch.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Remember that Satelite that the Navy Shot down? It was this technology launched by the bush admin for a potential hit on Saddam or OBL. It also violated international treaties. Its low orbit was required for better aiming of the still in development technology. It was destroyed to protect Bush admin from further war crimes and due to fear its tungten rods might hit a city as its orbit spiraled out of control.

Do you have any links or sources for that?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
America is not haunted by osama bin laden, cnn got an interview with him before 911.

If america wanted you, there is no where on earth you could hide, and thats a fact.

I found out that the english where using electronic mind control on kids at school, in 1992. So you telling me that someone wanted by america, has these weapons not used on him, come on. If america wanted him he would of been killed or captured.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

I'm not talking about traditional development, but about development that are of such magnitude, which indicate to everyone that the US military capabilities are way ahead of any country that thought to be capable to compete militarily with the US.

Yes the military is 20 years plus ahead of where people think it is but that goes both ways and the USA does not know what china or russia has and when you look at what russia has achived ahead of the americans in the past then you must conclude the USA is not as far ahead as to make any future war look like a walk in the park.

Don't fall for all the propaganda and in any case a future war could well involve biological agents and for all we know these agents could be coupled with nano technoligy.

Warfare moved on from castles in the past and it will move on from nukes, planes and bombs so it's just a question as to how far down the road have we moved

Labs are working around the word to discover faster and better ways of killing you and it would be a stupid man that thinks he is the only one to have such weapons but look on the bright side it does make wars green

Fear comes into play when russia/china/USA become good friends and then they will address the population explosion and i suspect few here would argue about the outcome for the vast majority of the population and people they know.

moving on to another subject have you noticed a lot of road works on motorway tunnels near you that seem to go on 4ever ?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Fire and forget.

Weapons of the future.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Who needs explosives? A one pound object reentering the atmosphere at 17,500 mph. has 893 megajoules of kinetic energy. A stick of dynamite has 2.1 megajoules.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Obama’s interest in Prompt Global Strike (PGS), a nonnuclear weapons programme, has alarmed China and Russia and complicated nuclear arms reduction negotiations.

I'm sure it would be very easy to arm PGS with nuclear or bio warheads. I don't blame Russia and China for being alarmed....I am too.

TPTB must have something really good on Obama to have him taking interest in military matters. Democrats traditionally are huge on disarmament projects - like closing military bases, reducing weapon stockpiles etc...

Obama said recently that the US was a super power whether we liked it or not. I wonder who he was trying to convince. The public or himself?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Even Rumsfeld the crazy didn't even suceed into pushing this program... and now Obama is doing it...

This is sick. As China and Russia said, this could start nuclear war by accident.

But eh, this is not much of a surprise when that nutjob Zbigniew Brzezinski is behind Obama foreign policy...aka Mr. I Hate Russia and China and the US goal is to encircle Russia and China to choke them to death and if that doesn't work, we'll freaking invade them.

Those people are pushing us towards WW3. They are nuts.

And yes the kinetic launch platforms in orbit exists, can strike anything and anywhere on the planet and have existed for decades.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

It sounds as though this missile is capable of penetrating deep underground complexes which is probably why the foreign governments are so concerned. Not that it is a weapon that can be used against their country but that it is one of the few weapons that could threaten their own lives. I'm sure when they signed up for the NWO they didn't agree to that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join