It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

existential depair

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Why are there times in our life where it seems like our human spirit seems to be eternally vanquished by the problems of our world. Seperated from love and truth it seems as if there is no hope to be found in mankind. Is mankind just a parasite to infest the earth and destroy itself. Does the world have a divine structure and what makes the individual so important. Can God not redefine the meaning of truth and love and abstract all of their meaning to become nothing. What is the cause of existential despair there seems to be a spiritual quality to it. When my physical and mental faculties fail to come to the apex of perfection I ask the question is there any meaning to these faculties. Are they merely just parts of these realities that are out of my control. If so then how can Love God and if so is there a necessary meaning to my life. Does God love me more than some others these are all questions which my mind ask me. I know essentially are minds are at one with God but if we interpret God's love by relating it to our imperfect and finite love do we become lost souls in this universe. The essence of our being is infinitely seperated from the divine love of God's will.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
God is partly inside yourself, your cells, your soul.

Meditation is a good way to find Him from within.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
1. You are God, you've forgotten it and you need to get back to God through your own conscious perception

2. Your conscious perception is entangled in an Ego, this ego dominates 97% of your awareness at any time, the ego is primarily concerned with the physical body and this physical environment. deoxy.org...

3. Once the ego is seen, understood and overcome it no longer dominates your awareness, and like the pealing of an onion you remove the ego from your perception and you return to god or your true self.

4. Meditation is of aid as the Ego uses thought and emotion to distrated you, meditation goes beyond thought therefore beyond the ego and back to a point of observation superior to the ego, you use this point of observation to understand the ego and remove it, you can not think about the ego as your effectively in the ego, the ego can't see itself.

5. As you progressively remove the ego your consciousness/essence is freed, you will then become more conscious in each moment of "time" and you will be able to take in more information of your environment and yourself at any one time. You then become aware of your finer bodies or your higher dimensional bodies.

6. Rather than going into the ego at night when you sleep, you will remain conscious, you will not get lost in ego thought and you will be silent and observe the process of sleep. This will allow your consciousness to transfer into your higher dimensional body and you can take your focus off the physical body while it sleeps. The transfer is called Astral Projection.

7. Once you are aware that it's through your own conscious perception that you leave this 3rd dimension and it's through the removal of the ego, you can use various types of 'sexual magic' to create higher dimensional bodies for yourself. Once you continue to remove more ego you can transfer your consciousnes into these more refined higher dimensional bodies, these bodies are beyond time and allow you to become an eternal being.

This is the way to leave this dimension, you have only explored 0.00001% of life itself.

gnosticteachings.org...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by raiden12]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiden12
1. You are God, you've forgotten it and you need to get back to God through your own conscious perception

2. Your conscious perception is entangled in an Ego, this ego dominates 97% of your awareness at any time, the ego is primarily concerned with the physical body and this physical environment. deoxy.org...

3. Once the ego is seen, understood and overcome it no longer dominates your awareness, and like the pealing of an onion you remove the ego from your perception and you return to god or your true self.

4. Meditation is of aid as the Ego uses thought and emotion to distrated you, meditation goes beyond thought therefore beyond the ego and back to a point of observation superior to the ego, you use this point of observation to understand the ego and remove it, you can not think about the ego as your effectively in the ego, the ego can't see itself.

5. As you progressively remove the ego your consciousness/essence is freed, you will then become more conscious in each moment of "time" and you will be able to take in more information of your environment and yourself at any one time. You then become aware of your finer bodies or your higher dimensional bodies.

6. Rather than going into the ego at night when you sleep, you will remain conscious, you will not get lost in ego thought and you will be silent and observe the process of sleep. This will allow your consciousness to transfer into your higher dimensional body and you can take your focus off the physical body while it sleeps. The transfer is called Astral Projection.

7. Once you are aware that it's through your own conscious perception that you leave this 3rd dimension and it's through the removal of the ego, you can use various types of 'sexual magic' to create higher dimensional bodies for yourself. Once you continue to remove more ego you can transfer your consciousnes into these more refined higher dimensional bodies, these bodies are beyond time and allow you to become an eternal being.

This is the way to leave this dimension, you have only explored 0.00001% of life itself.
very interesting read. So essentially we are trapped within our egos.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010

This is correct EarthqaukeNewMadrid2010

It's difficult at first to understand what the ego is, because most have spent their whole lives in it and understood it to be the self but it is not. Once you start meditating or observing your own behaviours during the day you will realise your living your life through this ego, the ego heavily constricts the true nature of reality from your perception, so much so that your only 3% conscious at any one time. Most people would say no, im 100% conscious, but they are not, if they removed another few % of the ego and became more conscious they would see that they are able to percieve reality in a new way. Their dreams would become clearer as they are not dominated by ego, this is why dream clarity is different for everyone because the true observer is not the ego, the true observer, as it is freed, is then able to take control in the higher dimensions while you sleep and instead of being a silent observer to your dreams you regain control to navigate the higher dimensions.

Your dreams are useful in this way as they are directly showing you your ego.

You are creating your own reality, its true, however the reality your creating through the ego is truly limiting and does not believe any of this is possible, most will read this post and their ego's will kick and and start mumbling about how mad i am and convince themselves or their "essence" that none of this information is correct.

I promise you, it is, the ego dominates you almost all the time, it take a true reveloutionary to break free of the ego.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
once you see the ego within you and attempt to remove it, you start to see how others could not have seen it before, you see how reality is hidden from people the whole time and how they didnt even know it.

would you expect anything else from this truly marvelous universe we exist in, it's complexity is much greater than most can fathom.

humanity is deeply asleep, but you can awaken, dont worry about what everyone else is doing and where humanity is heading and what they think, make your own judgements, come to your own conclusions about everything, they can not see because they are blinded.

When you start the path of ego removal you join a journey that has been going on for eternity, you join the path of those that seek the self, the one, the god. you can only help people see through so much, until they understand that their own perceptions block the truth you can not help them.

start the journey brother, once you remove the ego, its for eternity and you return to god, to your true self, and this is worth the fight.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by raiden12

This is correct EarthqaukeNewMadrid2010

It's difficult at first to understand what the ego is, because most have spent their whole lives in it and understood it to be the self but it is not. Once you start meditating or observing your own behaviours during the day you will realise your living your life through this ego, the ego heavily constricts the true nature of reality from your perception, so much so that your only 3% conscious at any one time. Most people would say no, im 100% conscious, but they are not, if they removed another few % of the ego and became more conscious they would see that they are able to percieve reality in a new way. Their dreams would become clearer as they are not dominated by ego, this is why dream clarity is different for everyone because the true observer is not the ego, the true observer, as it is freed, is then able to take control in the higher dimensions while you sleep and instead of being a silent observer to your dreams you regain control to navigate the higher dimensions.

Your dreams are useful in this way as they are directly showing you your ego.

You are creating your own reality, its true, however the reality your creating through the ego is truly limiting and does not believe any of this is possible, most will read this post and their ego's will kick and and start mumbling about how mad i am and convince themselves or their "essence" that none of this information is correct.

I promise you, it is, the ego dominates you almost all the time, it take a true reveloutionary to break free of the ego.

I understand I am heavily dominated by my ego. I more concerned with becoming then being. I realize the people are occupied in this same ego it disturbs me to see it. It eats up the knowledge of what we are. We are always trying to become someone else through our ego. Our society is so ego based especially all the hollywood stars that it is a disease that has run rampant and has consumed our ability to think for ourselves. The ego from my perspective of your describition seems to be misunderstood of by our mind. I sometimes think that in order to know myself I must create my own reality. Indeed you have revealed that in order to be we must look beyond what we see and come into harmony with the unseen. If we do not our true selves will be sucked out of us and we will be left with a wounded ego and multiple egos to resist breaking what we think of ourselves. Its not a matter of thinking about what we do that allows us to judge our actions but knowing what we are is necessary to truly understand the consquences of who we are. We are more than body and ego we are spirit and self.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010
Can God not redefine the meaning of truth and love and abstract all of their meaning to become nothing.

The essence of our being is infinitely seperated from the divine love of God's will.

If you can define who/what God is, then I think you will have the answer to your questions. You are starting with a parroted premise which needs to be dissected before you can go any farther.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Hey dude your human...lol.

Humans feel sad at times!

King Solomon, a man gifted by God with wisdom, said that their is nothing better for a man then to eat of the fruit of his hand, drink and be merry with the wife of his youth.

Life is pretty simple.

Breathing, eating, drinking, reproduction...repeat until dead....lol

I believe that is in Ecclesiastes.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by whiteraven]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven
Hey dude your human...lol.

Humans feel sad at times!

King Solomon, a man gifted by God with wisdom, said that their is nothing better for a man then to eat of the fruit of his hand, drink and be merry with the wife of his youth.

Life is pretty simple.

Breathing, eating, drinking, reproduction...repeat until dead....lol

I believe that is in Ecclesiastes.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by whiteraven]

Yeah I guess though in all the simplicity I think human's can find granduer. It takes an individual effort though for us to create ourselves as humans. Satre is a good read for stuff like this

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
"Can God not redefine the meaning of truth and love and abstract all of their meaning to become nothing."

I really like that question, well thought out. To answer it, Truth is what it is. God can redefine the meaning of it as well as anyone can. But what is the meaning? A label, a feeling? Putting a label on something is all that is being done. It is a great question to ask though. If God creates everything... did ideals like love and truth have to be created? Are there more ideals, feelings than these in another universe somewhere? Like seeing colors you didn't know existed. Are there colors outside of what we know as the visible spectrum?

I think you will be just fine, I think you are just more aware now and dealing with it well.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
"Can God not redefine the meaning of truth and love and abstract all of their meaning to become nothing."

I really like that question, well thought out. To answer it, Truth is what it is. God can redefine the meaning of it as well as anyone can. But what is the meaning? A label, a feeling? Putting a label on something is all that is being done. It is a great question to ask though. If God creates everything... did ideals like love and truth have to be created? Are there more ideals, feelings than these in another universe somewhere? Like seeing colors you didn't know existed. Are there colors outside of what we know as the visible spectrum?

I think you will be just fine, I think you are just more aware now and dealing with it well.

Yeah I sometimes ask the question can humans take on different forms of being and still be considered humans. Is there ever a human that is not one. I do though think the term humanity applies to everything with a rational being. But is the soul of man powerful enough to overcome being stuck in an otherwordly body sort of like reincarnation the whole God becomes man thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise

Yeah I sometimes ask the question can humans take on different forms of being and still be considered humans. Is there ever a human that is not one. I do though think the term humanity applies to everything with a rational being. But is the soul of man powerful enough to overcome being stuck in an otherwordly body sort of like reincarnation the whole God becomes man thing.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That's one thing we have going for us. Having a sense of humanity is really our major source of dignity. Compassion, love, empathy.. these things somehow make our limited, ignorant, life profoundly worthwile.

To BE human is to be here. Our souls may well go on knowing WHAT IT WAS LIKE to be human, but the only way to truly BE one is right here, right now.

Humanity is a good word to keep in mind. Humility too perhaps. They run hand in hand. Being what you are, when the only power we really have is love. All our efforts and physical powers mean nothing next to it. If you take our wings away so to speak, I guess it forces us to figure out what really matters.

top topics

join