It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is technology and science a replacement for Spirituality

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Is science the new religion of the age that will fulfill our self image. The well-being of the body is connected with the spiritual world. Perfection of the body is reflective of being at harmony with spiritual forces of the universe. Will there ever be a time where Technology and science can ever encapsulate the Godlike image of humanity. Will we find a meaning in our existence by lengthening our lives. Will technology and science ultimately become the essence of our soul and concrete reality of our mind we cannot refute? Or is this road only going to lead to the destruction of the value of each human life. Does the idea of scaricty and uniqueness become disabled by allowing science to become the central figure in our life. Will there be a reason to live if we can live immortally. Is God a creation science? Or is spirituality is that which drives science?

Does spiritualty the existence of God inspire us to explore ourselves to find him. And given the science is an abstraction of reality can we come to the conclusion that science exist to prove the God within us. Are all the movements of physics are at one with the essence of the movement that is the being of that movement. Does this science revolve around itself to be creating the idea of God to say what deserves existence. Or does God give to everything its place in space and time as is designed as an abstraction of his reality. That perhaps we are God's in nature in body and that science which to give essence and life to this. But when does this essence kill God from the existence of our universe or is it necessarily impossible because God has given essence to science.

Does God encapsulate the idea of science and essentialy define its existence much unlike to the fact that soul gives necessity to the existence of body. Or does the Science kill God by ultimately making the fact that we as humans essentially define our existence through science and reason. Is God just a creator that dies as his creation overcomes him with his own essence. Or do we exist coinciding with this essence not able to make the external realities of technology and science one with its being.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010

God has graciously allowed us to have the ability to develop Tech.
How we use it depends on our moral values.

It will never replace the ALL mighty!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

God has graciously allowed us to have the ability to develop Tech.
How we use it depends on our moral values.

It will never replace the ALL mighty!

Yeah I agree. Reason is an abstraction of morality. I am just saying though does God kill himself of by existence by essentially everything. Does being everything constitute becoming nothing.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Cool post. I think that you're right in some respects. Science is a better exploration of the unknown and God is one of those subjects and ideas that we know very little about. God is representative of our ignorance about something, it was fear and ignorance that led to us conjuring up deities, so God is the unknown, the aspects of nature we cannot understand yet we often attribute to a deity or supernatural force.

We couldn't understand the sun, hence sun gods. The moon, moon goddess. Volcanic eruptions, storms. Anything we couldn't understand at the time was explained in myths and legends about deities and epic heroes.

That's why I can't understand why many religious people are afraid of science. Science is merely the study of the world and Universe around us. We reach conclusions by finding evidence and when the evidence supports a certain conclusion we can agree that that conclusion is true without the blind faith required by most religions. Many religious people have trouble opening their minds to new concepts of God because they are sold ignorance as absolute truth that's why I think science has a better chance of finding God, if there is one to be found.

Science doesn't need to replace spirituality, they can co-exist and I don't think science is a religion, although it can be considered a worldview.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   

He is everything or nothing. It works both ways IMHO.
Alpha and Omega?

We are what? possibly 2 million years old? How old is his Universe?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

Cool post. I think that you're right in some respects. Science is a better exploration of the unknown and God is one of those subjects and ideas that we know very little about. God is representative of our ignorance about something, it was fear and ignorance that led to us conjuring up deities, so God is the unknown, the aspects of nature we cannot understand yet we often attribute to a deity or supernatural force.

We couldn't understand the sun, hence sun gods. The moon, moon goddess. Volcanic eruptions, storms. Anything we couldn't understand at the time was explained in myths and legends about deities and epic heroes.

That's why I can't understand why many religious people are afraid of science. Science is merely the study of the world and Universe around us. We reach conclusions by finding evidence and when the evidence supports a certain conclusion we can agree that that conclusion is true without the blind faith required by most religions. Many religious people have trouble opening their minds to new concepts of God because they are sold ignorance as absolute truth that's why I think science has a better chance of finding God, if there is one to be found.

Science doesn't need to replace spirituality, they can co-exist and I don't think science is a religion, although it can be considered a worldview.

Yeah This post was inspired by my readings of Heidegger and Existential Humanism. I believe religious people abhor science and reason because they think that doing so disables there ability to have faith in the divine mysteries of God. When indeed it is necessary to know in order to have faith. One can not have faith in something they do not know. They feel that essentially science conflicts with God when instead it gives us a reason for the existence of God.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
hi there,

you should watch these, you may find them interesting -

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
i think the ultimate would be a merging of science, technology and spirituality. living sentient microchips implanted in our brains activating our dna
we are becoming borg..
"resistance is useless"

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If we make science a mode of being to bring about a golden age and bring it to great advancment can we bring it to coexist with our spirituality or we will ultimately the value and uniqueness of our human being?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

We are greater than the flesh. We are also spiritual beings. ET is trying to figure out how to be that. But we have Divine creation. On his planet and in his time frame.

IMHO

We are both.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Has anyone ever thought that science and spirituality may be one?

Certainly not today as there are still gaps in comprehension of both beliefs, for they are still laws unexplored or misunderstood on equal sides.

In the holy books of Talmud, Bible and Koran, there are strict dietry laws to be followed. Most of our ancient forefathers could not comprehend why and most just simply follow.

Today, with our advancement, we now know the reasons why. For example, intoxicating wines were not encouraged in the ancient past. An easy example, for all mankind knew and most suffered the effects of it.

Now, with scientific knowledge, we broken down the compounds of such wines and discovered Alcohol and what it does to a human being, and scientifically, the holy books were right. There are many more such instances in the holy books, if one only take the time to peruse it.

Just as a 6 year old child cannot be taught trigonometry, not that he is stupid, but the foundations are not there, so too were our ancestors not ready to comprehend the scientific aspects of 'laws' until we progess technologically, by building upon past aquired knowledge which is actually life experiences and experimentations.

As we hurtle into the future, one day, mankind will realize science and spirituality means the same.

new topics

top topics

join