It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough! stop the double standards of religion!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So the truth comes out. This thread isn't really about "freedom of speech".. It's more about bashing Islam.

It's funny how you guys claim freedom of speech is so important, but then go on to say that Islam needs to be eliminated, and that Muslims shouldn't hold their rallies.

Freedom of speech is only OK when it fits with your point of view or what?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf
Sorry to say, but in REALITY the bill of rights has been desecrated

Amen Brother.

Now what are WE going to do about it?
Revote President Kowtow?

[edit on 25-4-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Can we just stop religion PERIOD?
It'll end 50% of the worlds problems.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus

I was born and raised in Revere,MA as an African American.

Quick question:

If I put on blackface, get down on one knee and say: "Hey there, boy! How boutsa nice piece o watermelon??" how would you react?

Would that offend you at all? Would you get violent? Would you go to the papers?

Or would you just smile and let it slide, because I'm exercising my freedom of speech?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Yep american, the most violent country on earth has a right to pick on defenseless humans across the globe. Yep you have the right, lol.

All you are is the biggest bully in the world, with your we have the right as americans to say anything we want. Unbelievable, you radicalized the muslims, your country did it.

What americans do is target humans that have nothing to do with them, and want to destroy them, and rubbish them. These people have nothing to do with america, and americans think we are the most violent country on earth we can do anything to upset anyone, hahahaha.

The only hypocrisy is you people, who have no care for others as long as americans are violent and can do what ever they want to anyone.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

I wouldn't care.... in fact I'd probably chuckle a bit.

But then again, thats just me.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Well your name suits you then....

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Yep american, the most violent country on earth has a right to pick on defenseless humans across the globe. Yep you have the right, lol.

All you are is the biggest bully in the world, with your we have the right as americans to say anything we want. Unbelievable, you radicalized the muslims, your country did it.

What americans do is target humans that have nothing to do with them, and want to destroy them, and rubbish them. These people have nothing to do with america, and americans think we are the most violent country on earth we can do anything to upset anyone, hahahaha.

The only hypocrisy is you people, who have no care for others as long as americans are violent and can do what ever they want to anyone.

So defenseless they suicide bomb places, LOL RIGHT!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalseFlag
So the truth comes out. This thread isn't really about "freedom of speech".. It's more about bashing Islam.

It's funny how you guys claim freedom of speech is so important, but then go on to say that Islam needs to be eliminated, and that Muslims shouldn't hold their rallies.

Please ban this moron for spewing hateful trash.

Hateful trash? Where? Labelling the man a moron comes off as more hateful than anything contained in the post you quoted.
I love how we scream "freedom of speech! We ought to be allowed to satirise/bash/taunt the image of Mohammad!"--seen as something quite sacred to those who follow the religion of islam (right or wrong they are entirely FREE to choose what they wish to believe)

...and then denounce those followers, who are also USING THEIR FREEDOM OF SPEECH (remember ALL men are created equal, according to the US constitution), and who use that freedom to cry out against what they percieve as an abhorance on the part of those mocking a sacred image.

Its intolerance of intolerance. Pure and simple.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FalseFlag

Please ban this moron for spewing hateful trash.

First, where was I hateful??

Second... I thought this was about free speech. Now your claiming I should be banned for having an opinion and voicing it??

You just reinforced the hypocrisy in this thread.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Resorting to name-calling ATS members is
your right as well ?
It really is about etiquette and courtesy, not about your
rights or beliefs.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Why don't we and the media discuss Islam more? All we and the media in the west keep doing is discussing Christianity and Scientology, mean while Islam continues to grow and dodge debate. Why don't all these ''funny'' comedians on Tv start writing about Islam just like they do Christianity and Scientology?

Islam is growing in the west and for Islam to survive its going to force us overtime to change, not them.

I think it would be a good Idea to Discuss and debate Islam more.

Tsom87

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

I was born and raised in Revere,MA as an African American.

Quick question:

If I put on blackface, get down on one knee and say: "Hey there, boy! How boutsa nice piece o watermelon??" how would you react?

Would that offend you at all? Would you get violent? Would you go to the papers?

Or would you just smile and let it slide, because I'm exercising my freedom of speech?

As I've said in this thread. Freedom of speech extends to us all even those threatening south park for airing those shows it's the same thing that allows me to think and express otherwise. If you said it in a joking manner I'd laugh and come back with something silly along those lines as well because it's all in good fun. If you were being rude about it I'd be force to ignore you. I may not agree with what you have to say but you have every right to say it. Simple as that.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The same thing which gives me the right to say what i wish, extends to people I may totally disagree with. But they still have a right to say it so long as it isn't totally disrespectful to another person. i.e "You're a moron for saying that!"
thats not freedom of speech that's slander.

You must realize, if it's ok to insult Jesus or any other major religious figure many deem disrespectful (which it is considered ok ) than it's ok to extend that freedom to all aspects of religion.

We need to stop the double standards. You can't say it's ok for one group and not the other. That's not how it was intended to be used. It's either all or none, simple as that.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

WE ARE ALL EQUAL

WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS WHATEVER WE FEEL

Sorry to say, but in REALITY the bill of rights has been desecrated
and eroded to the point of non-existence.
As for freedom-of-belief and keeping church and state separate,
that is nothing but a fallacious dream.
example, just say anything derogatory about judiasm and see what happens.

It's our job as US citizens who vote these people into office, to ensure they hold our ideals and values while serving the people. Sure some aspects of the Constitution need to be updated to the 21 century. But the main points in it are just as true today as they were during the time of the founding fathers. Basic rights such as freedom of speech should never be changed, that's something which applies to us from now till the end of time. If the people elected to serve the people stop serving us, we can remove them from office. that's our right and obligation as US citizens.

[edit on 26-4-2010 by Gakus]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I love how this thread gets flooded with idiotic trolls and gets no more replies afterwards. This site has gone so far down hill with trolls.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Freedom of speech should have no religious or political boundaries, as that opens the door to tyranny.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gakus

How did you manage tho keep this from being banished to the netherworld of the BTS rants forum?????????????????

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join