It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enough is enough! stop the double standards of religion!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Enough is enough people!

We as US citizens can mock anything and anyone as long as it isn't Muhammad? We can insult any major religious figure besides Muhammad and it's A OK? NO THANKS! This is America! we have every right to say whatever comes to us. No one has a right to EVER tell you otherwise.

I'm not asking people to insult Muhammad and rally behind that, what I'm asking is for people to wake up. We can say WHATEVER we want in this society. If you aren't a Muslim you have a right to show an image of him if you wish, you know why? BECAUSE YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT!. America was founded on the belief anyone can say anything that comes to mind without the fear of being killed. Radical Muslims however try to tell us if we don't start behaving in a way they deem fit they will slaughter us? WHAT GIVES THEM THE RIGHT? the same right that allows you to express anti Muslim speech that's what. They don't like pictures of Muhammad or non-believers saying his name? Tough #, DEAL WITH IT. So long as i remain in America i have the right to say whatever i wish against that MAN.

I'd love to see a extremest attempt to kill me in my home, they wouldn't make it up my block let alone to my front door.

WE ARE ALL EQUAL

WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS WHATEVER WE FEEL

anyone or anything that attempts to stop you from doing so is in fact an injustice to us all. STOP THE DOUBLE STANDARDS!

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Don't mean to be rude, but this thread is coming off as thinly-veiled racism hidden behind the freedom of speech.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
We can't make fun of the prophet for the other reason, it has nothing to do with him being a religious figure, it's his "goo", this goo allows him to never be made fun of!

The goo is very expensive, roughly 1.3 billion a pound, and you need 5 pounds for the full effects to work, so good luck getting your hands on it!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I am with the Op on this one.

Here is great video, very enlightening.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Don't mean to be rude, but this thread is coming off as thinly-veiled racism hidden behind the freedom of speech.

It comes off as racism based on whom?

I was born and raised in Revere,MA as an African American. All of my closest friends happen to be White and one Hispanic so just because I embrace FREEDOM OF SPEECH I come off as a racist?

explain in greater detail please?

Oh that's right you can't because you have NO IDEA what you are saying! ROFL

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Gakus]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It is understandable to be afraid of a threat; as pretty and honorable it might seem to martyr oneself for any freedom, let alone the first amendment to the American Constitution, it remains a threat.

But truly to fear? A man who lives afraid to express himself is a man who does not live free.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by eNumbra]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I have another video.

This one is from a Muslim woman and she explains how terrible the religion is and what a nightmare it has been for her and for her female relatives.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
FREEDOM OF SPEECH, extends to us all. Black,white,brown,yellow it doesn't matter! whomever you choose to place belief in doesn't matter! WE ARE ALL EQUAL, we all have a right to say WHATEVER we feel. so I ask again WHO has the right to tell me otherwise?

Get off your high horse. I happen to be a liberal yet I know any TRUE American has my back on this. We may not agree on every issue, but we do agree on the fact we are ALL EQUAL.

Everyone, regardless of cast, creed or any religious background!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
[edit on 25-4-2010 by alien]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
There is some merit to what the OP has stated. It is not as if the Western Media singles out Islam. The Western Media seems to bash all religions.

If anything, Catholics should be upset. The Western Media has recently had a field day bashing the pope for turning a blind eye towards priests who were molesting children. All the media is doing to Muhammed is portraying his likeness, its not like they are accusing him of molesting children.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
A few more awesome videos.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Polite Mod Request

Hi People,

Lets keep it focused on the topic.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by alien

Yeah I agree.

Let's bash each other politely!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Alien, i thank you a thousand times for rescuing this thread.
All I'm asking the people is why do we judge religious matters different when we are all equal? If you enjoy the right to insult Jesus and all of Christianity than you also enjoy the right to insult Muhammad, SIMPLE AS THAT! Say otherwise? than you are biased. Prove me wrong please, I DARE YOU!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
Alien, i thank you a thousand times for rescuing this thread.
All I'm asking the people is why do we judge religious matters different when we are all equal? If you enjoy the right to insult Jesus and all of Christianity than you also enjoy the right to insult Muhammad, SIMPLE AS THAT! Say otherwise? than you are biased. Prove me wrong please, I DARE YOU!

The best people to insult Islam are ex Muslims.

From them you get the truth and a real picture.

Muslims insult this guy below and denounce that he was ever an ex terrorist but they denounce anyone who says anything against them.

I found his account to be reliable and to stack against all the other evidence.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Trublue]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
WE ARE ALL EQUAL

WE ALL HAVE A RIGHT TO EXPRESS WHATEVER WE FEEL

Sorry to say, but in REALITY the bill of rights has been desecrated
and eroded to the point of non-existence.
As for freedom-of-belief and keeping church and state separate,
that is nothing but a fallacious dream.
example, just say anything derogatory about judiasm and see what happens.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join