It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We'll become gods..if you don't like it we'll have warfare"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

apotheosis via technologies?

wonder how far they have already gone?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

That is the point I'm trying to make to some people just because they believe God exists doesn't mean that there is anyway to ever become God-like, or even attempt to seek out to be god-like because what the persons belief of God is cannot not be manifested through technology.

Like take me for instance, these people are just narcissistic selfish greedy people that are filled with self-hate and hate for their own species. They will never become Gods or God-like, they will in their own minds, but as I said earlier there is only a certain amount of intelligence a person can obtain, they will eventually create machines that will in a way kill them because the machines will have become self aware and will be programed by the same humans that want to become God-like.

Humans are inherently flawed and so will everything that humans invent and produce. These people aren't right in the head and honestly if these people are in positions of power they need to be relieved of their positions ASAP because they are a threat to the human species. And they should be put into mental hospitals. If this was you or me seeking to do this we would be locked in a mental ward for delusions of grandeur and being a threat to ourselves and others. Which these people are clearly a threat to others.

Unless this is God's idea of a kill switch to save the human species.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Light of Night
Humans are inherently flawed and so will everything that humans invent and produce. These people aren't right in the head and honestly if these people are in positions of power they need to be relieved of their positions ASAP because they are a threat to the human species. And they should be put into mental hospitals. If this was you or me seeking to do this we would be locked in a mental ward for delusions of grandeur and being a threat to ourselves and others. Which these people are clearly a threat to others.

Exactly. It's good to see others saying such things!

I can argue that these types are sky high up in the US government:
ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com...
ignoranceisfutile.wordpress.com...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Doesn't surprise me, unfortunately nothing will ever happen about it. I personally believe everything is right in the world yea its screwed up beyond all belief, but there is a reason for it being all screwed up. We have an opportunity to emerge as better people because of it.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

What about all of the lives you're going to need to prevent in order to stave off the overpopulation you'll need to prevent... or impoverish... one way or another... in order for your class of superhumans to exist? Surely a 'god of creation' might object to that??
I never condoned such a thing...in fact, my hope is that through such advancement and fusion with technology, we will solve a lot of problems...however you seem to think it will cause more problems than it's worth. I say, the world is in such a terrible state, there's no harm in trying when the probability of success is high...and if we fail, unlucky. We are an intelligent species, there's no need to stay stagnant...we may as well be ants in that case...

[edit on 25/4/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Here goes another clip that supports my last one, where this transhumanist tries to argue that its good for the human species to splinter off into subspecies tribes, and then destroy each other.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
well if he wants to be a God I say let him
he can join in right alongside Lucifer

Ya know that is a scary thought
for my great great great great grandchildren
to be fighting the same ole evil villain
300 hundred years from now.

eeeewwwwwwwwww !!!!!

Hey fellows, lemme tell how we
fought against the NWO back
in the old days !!!!
hahahaha

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Captain_Sense
There is nothing wrong with setting higher expectations and goals for ourselves. I agree with the gentleman in the video.

Some may wish to remain foolish believing in an imaginary God and his imaginary cast of characters, while some TAKE ACTION to be as high a being as we can possibly become. Some folks choose to be dumb as Cave-Men or Apes and take an ancient book of fairy tales (Bible) as total truth and live their life believing in hate and remaining dumb blind faith zombies. I'd rather NOT be such a pathetic human, and prefer the "onward, and upwards" direction. [edit on 24-4-2010 by Captain_Sense]

"goals for ourselves"
OURSELVES is the operative word.
"God" on the other hand is an object of worship.
If the day ever comes when humans are worshiped and hold
all authority over others, that most definitely will be the ultimate throw back in time, and truly hell on earth.
The guy in the video who arrogantly threatens others who might not accept him as a god, is NOT a gentleman by any means but a threat to society.
Ruling others is a Stalin ideologist's dream and nothing else.
As for 'intelligence' without rational wisdom, 'intelligence'
is mute and can be a human's worst nightmare.
Just as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, 'intelligence'
is in the discretion of the perceiver.
I'll ad-lib as best as I can, something about the top scientists
who went to the rain-forest of south america.
Anywho, they were in the process of telling the natives of how crucial it is to preserve the forest and it's relevance to the human race;
the tribe's men interrupted . . . "and you've just figured that out now ? ? ?, we've known that all along "

BTW what exactly do you mean ? by
"to be as high a being as we can possibly become"
. . . Lol, (when people have their heads high in the clouds they tend to lose their grounding/footing)

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Talking about getting ready for singularity is all good. But it never happened obviously.

Any super powerful being we invented that was trillions of times smarter than man and reached the omega point would by it's very nature exist everywhere and know everything.

If that was the case why haven't we seen this all powerful being and it's effects in our time? Surely such a being wouldn't be limited by the constraints of time or space.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf
"God" on the other hand is an object of worship.
If the day ever comes when humans are worshiped and hold
all authority over others, that most definitely will be the ultimate throw back in time, and truly hell on earth.

I argue we already see a bit of that. It's remarkable how people went from making fun of Bush 'worshippers', and then those same people did a 180 and started fervantly doing the same with Obama.

Or how others have been worshipped, such as Hitler...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
You can leave me out of it.

Disgusting the way humans have totally made everything in nature so rotten.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

"Get off then. You dont have to contribute. You dont have to participate (you filthy primitive human scum you)".

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Here goes another version of the same OP clip, that I hadn't realized someone else posted, where the same tyrant man adds some words to it:

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I want the people I care about and myself to live forever. I also think that there is so much wrong with the world and there is so much corruption and suffering that it might be worth taken a chance on going forward with something as crazy as transhumanism. One could hope that intelligence a empathy are connected, because our intelligence seems to have evolved alongside and as part of our social nature.
But, who knows what might happen. This agenda is being driven by people at the top areas of society and people generally find themselves at the top because they have desire to be above others and have a tendency to be rather non-empathetic. It's a sure bet they don't have the good of humanity at heart when championing transhumanism, they are thinking only of themselves. And perhaps they see themselves as being instrumental in bringing some sort of order to society, like leaders of the worlds masses or something.
Yes I can see transhumanism as potentially bringing an end to suffering as something like actual global equality could be a reality, but I also see it damning the common man forever and possibly putting a permanent end to him (the former seeming more likely to me).
The debate though almost seems redundant, as it's coming. Assuming it's actually as achievable as the proponents claim. There will be those who want this and are in a position to ensure it will not be stopped.
So the thing to consider may be how to proceed in a future where transhumanism is a reality. And perhaps we need to ask ourselves; is this a personal consideration, or should we be networking and working this out together?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Recouper

Totally agree with you.
I personally think transhumanism is inevitable. There are too many people, esp the rich and powerful, that want this kind of thing, and there is going to be no way to stop them from achieving this once the technology is available. They will pay any price to get their hands on this tranformation.
Once people start upgrading themselves, it will make a huge split in society. It is just like humans and monkeys. We're too different to be able to live together. The super rich, who can afford this, and feel okay with artificially evolving themselves will be way more advanced than regular humans, and will feel much more superior.
I'm just hoping that if they do enhance their brain potential, they will realize that it is silly how they thirst for power and money, and hopefully end up helping others instead of taking more and more from everyone and letting evrybody else suffer. Seems like im asking for too much though...

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bulletproof_monk

I'm just hoping that if they do enhance their brain potential, they will realize that it is silly how they thirst for power and money, and hopefully end up helping others

That's a possibility and certainly worth hoping for.

Another scenario that I think is a possibility though, is that AI might reach a tipping point earlier than expected and the exponential spontaneous advancement may sort of accidentally take off, leaving all humans behind.... Transhumanism may be a bus that everyone misses.
Then we'll all collectively be totally hopeless to affect our destinies. The future of the entire human race will be dependant on the decision of AI. Perhaps we'll be lucky and the AI will include artificial emotions.... though I believe that the AI would be changing so rapidly that if it did have recognisable human emotions, they wouldn't be there for long.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Yes, I think eventually AI will exceed potential of humans. that is one reason why transhumanism would be helpful i guess. If we did not want AI to pass a certain point because of the peak of human capabilities, then we would be hurting our own advancement. The only way to be able to feel safe with AI is to be smarter and more advanced than the technology, which is the way things are right now. with transhumanism, we can feel safer when things like AI and advanced technologies like that arise.
Not saying that i support transhumanism. Something inside me tells me this is very wrong. I doubt that anyone with power is thinking to use this for the good of humanity. They would use this to make a giant split in the human race. First it's money and power, then its becoming a completely new being all together.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
There is a very interesting 4-book fictional series by Dan Simmons, known as The Hyperion Cantos (Hyperion, The Fall of Hyperion, Endymion, The Rise of Endymion) in which the whole backstory has to do with Humanity splitting off into 2 species: those who chose to remain human, and those who chose to modify their bodies with nanotech, etc., and they end up going to war. The "transhumans" had all kinds of different types of people including "vacuum adepts" who lived in outer space colonies. This will of course be theoretically possible with the advent of nanotech. It will be like another industrial revolution combined with the internet revolution except even more crazy. If humanity is allowed to reach that point, then theoretically there`s no reason anyone should have to die before they are ready. In reality, they would be afraid to EVER die, which is not a good thing for anybody. On top of that, the elites will keep this for themselves, allowing them to more easil y make plans deep into the future. Just think, if you had all the time and patience in the world, you could accomplish just about anything you set your mind to including the oppression of your choice of people. I just don`t like the idea of becoming not-human. And I know people will want to do it and even pay lots of money to do it and they won`t realize they are only prolonging an unfavorable circumstance and choosing to forego the rewards of the afterlife. In fact, I find that to be the final Hell on Earth; when it is required for every person to have to live forever, and be reanimated upon accidental death or on purpose suicide or murder. Suicide "victims" will be brought back to serve their time in an asylum. When a convicted killer is sentenced 200 years, he will SERVE200YEARS. and the worst thing is, it will be illegal to die and go to heaven. underground renegades akin to modern day dr. kevorkians will be our heroes and saviores

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This thread makes me think of Iron Man

Oh the things I would do a for a suit like that...

I will then continue to patrol the streets saving all the old ladies I can. And afterwards...

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Originally posted by Captain_Sense
There is nothing wrong with setting higher expectations and goals for ourselves. I agree with the gentleman in the video. Some may wish to remain foolish believing in an imaginary God and his imaginary cast of characters, while some TAKE ACTION to be as high a being as we can possibly become. Some folks choose to be dumb as Cave-Men or Apes and take an ancient book of fairy tales (Bible) as total truth and live their live believing in hating and remaining dumb blind faith zombies. I'd rather NOT be such a pathetic human, and prefer the "onward, and upwards" direction.

Hey wow thanks for so staunchly showing your superiority over everyone else. Can't wait till you become a god over all of us subhuman scum.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]
Captain_Sense is quite right you know. Some people choose to seek a God, some seek to become a God. If you want to submit yourself to an potentially non-existent God and live your life by a book filled with lies...be-my-guest. Forgive me if I offend, but I don't need a God to tell me how to live my life and be a good person. I have enough people in this world trying to tell me how I can and can't live my life. I'm sorry, but God is for the weak minded and desperate. I wont be bound by anyone's rules...and I wont be held back by anyone claiming it's blasphemy to attempt to become a God...God does really seem to have a problem with anyone questioning him, or challenging him, doesn't he/she/it? It's inevitable for any intelligent species to eventually reach a God like status...and it's inevitable for any being with an immortal soul to literally become a God. Our species will move forward, stay behind if you so choose, but your God will not stop us. I think your reactionary reply says it all, Captain_Sense wasn't trying to show any sort of superiority, and his/her post is completely logical and makes total sense to me, and I'm pretty sure it made sense to you as well, but it didn't sit well with you. You say ignorance isn't bliss? So, we must always look up to God and never attempt to advance ourselves using technology, such that we become more like God, and defy our natural selves which were created by God? Give me a break...

Um, yeah. The idea of having been created by a superior being is much crazier than the idea of turning oneself into a "God".
Thanks for sharing.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join