It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"We'll become gods..if you don't like it we'll have warfare"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This short video quote is a choice example of the technocrat ideology of the elite that seeks to become living gods with brain augmentations and life extension technologies:

This is a clip from the documentary Technocalypse. He's referencing the transhumanist agenda to become living gods via technology.

This particular individual is Robert Seed, of human cloning noteriety. It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to hear the likes of David Rockefeller saying the same thing. This clip proves that humans are no more enlightened than ever as transhumanists often claim how technology is going to end our problems. Instead, it more promises to amplify them.

I've argued in the past that this precise issue has been a major driving force in the escalating plundering the earth and the US in recent years, to prevent the masses from also becoming "gods".

I really hope to spark some debate on this very important issue...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Sweet post. This is totally how I see it as well. With all the power and resources at their finger tips what else would the really wanna be doing. I would be doing exactly this.

They are reaping the benefits from the blood and sweat of the middle and lower classes. Every transaction I do there's a service charge, a tax, a contract. The lie cheat and steal and yet we put up with it.

What scares me most is if this dream is achieved in my lifetime who knows the havoc they may wreak upon us. They won't need us all cramming up their planet.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Hey thanks for the short clip.
I am interested in the topic of transhumanism. Not saying that i agree with it, but it is interesting, and it is inevitable. It is just like nuclear weapons. Sooner or later one country is going to develop the technology to be able to create this kind of human machine hybrid, and once that starts, others will follow. some people cant stand to not be on the top of things. First, it's social class, and soon it will be between staying human, or becoming a cyborg.
Yes, it does have its up sides, but there will also be many negative things when it comes to being transhuman. Besides, its not like everyone who wants this "upgrade" will be able to. It will only be the top 1% of the population that will be able to afford this technology, and leave everyone else behind.
I made a thread on transhumanism a while back. I put up a very good documentary on this subject and the history behind it. heres the link www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:33 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with setting higher expectations and goals for ourselves. I agree with the gentleman in the video.

Some may wish to remain foolish believing in an imaginary God and his imaginary cast of characters, while some TAKE ACTION to be as high a being as we can possibly become. Some folks choose to be dumb as Cave-Men or Apes and take an ancient book of fairy tales (Bible) as total truth and live their life believing in hate and remaining dumb blind faith zombies. I'd rather NOT be such a pathetic human, and prefer the "onward, and upwards" direction.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Captain_Sense]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain_Sense
There is nothing wrong with setting higher expectations and goals for ourselves. I agree with the gentleman in the video. Some may wish to remain foolish believing in an imaginary God and his imaginary cast of characters, while some TAKE ACTION to be as high a being as we can possibly become. Some folks choose to be dumb as Cave-Men or Apes and take an ancient book of fairy tales (Bible) as total truth and live their live believing in hating and remaining dumb blind faith zombies. I'd rather NOT be such a pathetic human, and prefer the "onward, and upwards" direction.

Hey wow thanks for so staunchly showing your superiority over everyone else. Can't wait till you become a god over all of us subhuman scum.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Your_Number_One_Fan
What scares me most is if this dream is achieved in my lifetime who knows the havoc they may wreak upon us. They won't need us all cramming up their planet.

I fully agree, and, in the past, have stated my theories for what will ultimately become of us -- We'll become a human ant colony, if humans exist at all. One master controlling every living being (assuming life is even needed at that point).

We are social creatures BECAUSE we can do more together than alone, but through technology, innovation, and advancements, that will soon be a thing of the past; eventually humans will become irrelevant to each other, and at that point -- why share your resources with somebody who can not help you in return?

In short, it seems most likely that one unified "consciousness" will end up with all the resources, and all the power -- to what end, I do not know. It's just a guess.. but technology can replace manpower, innovation, and ultimately the only purpose for having other humans on the earth. When we have no more need for each other, eventually, there will no longer be "others."

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Hrmm, interesting. So this guy is actively declaring war against people that they believe are "lesser". That surely won't end well for them at least. The machines they will end up creating will end up killing them off in the end. No matter what people may think and no matter how smart people think they are we as individuals can only achieve so much. That is why it takes generation for technology to develop.

For that I say Bring It.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Your_Number_One_Fan
They are reaping the benefits from the blood and sweat of the middle and lower classes. Every transaction I do there's a service charge, a tax, a contract. The lie cheat and steal and yet we put up with it.

That they are. To try and outline all the various ways is daunting, which is the whole idea. For what its worth, giving the finger to the system how best you can is a good start. Perhaps the best methods I've come up with, for several reasons, is by making your own biodiesel (for $1 a gallon). But perhaps the easiest way is to avoid using banks and "plastic" consumer cards the best you can. The system is bent on sucking you dry, so invest in your future and avoid encouraging the system the best you're able to.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

There is nothing wrong with setting higher expectations and goals for ourselves. I agree with the gentleman in the video. Some may wish to remain foolish believing in an imaginary God and his imaginary cast of characters, while some TAKE ACTION to be as high a being as we can possibly become. Some folks choose to be dumb as Cave-Men or Apes and take an ancient book of fairy tales (Bible) as total truth and live their live believing in hating and remaining dumb blind faith zombies. I'd rather NOT be such a pathetic human, and prefer the "onward, and upwards" direction.

Hey wow thanks for so staunchly showing your superiority over everyone else. Can't wait till you become a god over all of us subhuman scum.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]
Captain_Sense is quite right you know. Some people choose to seek a God, some seek to become a God. If you want to submit yourself to an potentially non-existent God and live your life by a book filled with lies...be-my-guest. Forgive me if I offend, but I don't need a God to tell me how to live my life and be a good person. I have enough people in this world trying to tell me how I can and can't live my life. I'm sorry, but God is for the weak minded and desperate. I wont be bound by anyone's rules...and I wont be held back by anyone claiming it's blasphemy to attempt to become a God...God does really seem to have a problem with anyone questioning him, or challenging him, doesn't he/she/it? It's inevitable for any intelligent species to eventually reach a God like status...and it's inevitable for any being with an immortal soul to literally become a God. Our species will move forward, stay behind if you so choose, but your God will not stop us. I think your reactionary reply says it all, Captain_Sense wasn't trying to show any sort of superiority, and his/her post is completely logical and makes total sense to me, and I'm pretty sure it made sense to you as well, but it didn't sit well with you. You say ignorance isn't bliss? So, we must always look up to God and never attempt to advance ourselves using technology, such that we become more like God, and defy our natural selves which were created by God? Give me a break...

[edit on 25/4/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Captain_Sense is quite right you know. Some people choose to seek a God, some seek to become a God. If you want to submit yourself to an potentially non-existent God and live your life by a book filled with lies...be-my-guest.

Is he now? What does anything said herein have to do with "God", or religion?

I think your reactionary reply says it all, Captain_Sense wasn't trying to show any sort of superiority, and his/her post is completely logical and makes total sense to me,

Right because you're superior over everyone with a different viewpoint. It's a good thing it will be people with the same attitude leading "civilization" into the future...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
You say longevity technology, but nature has always provided the technologies for longevity. Someone with a simple garden and pantry could live plenty long on plants and insects.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by elusive1]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   

There is nothing wrong with setting higher expectations and goals for ourselves. I agree with the gentleman in the video.

Some may wish to remain foolish believing in an imaginary God and his imaginary cast of characters, while some TAKE ACTION to be as high a being as we can possibly become. Some folks choose to be dumb as Cave-Men or Apes and take an ancient book of fairy tales (Bible) as total truth and live their life believing in hate and remaining dumb blind faith zombies. I'd rather NOT be such a pathetic human, and prefer the "onward, and upwards" direction.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Captain_Sense]

I agree 100%. I'm tired of the self-loathing scum who consider themselves and our species as a virus (only after they watched the matrix, lol) who is destroying our "mother" earth. What a horrible emotional driven analogy.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by elusive1
You say longevity technology, but nature has always provided the technologies for longevity. Someone with a simple garden and pantry could live plenty long on plants and insects.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by elusive1]

It's nice to see that you've changed it from "forever" to "plenty long"

Sure, we might live plenty long on a diet that is optimized per individual, but you can't even do that without science we don't even have yet.

By the way, what type of insects are YOU eating?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
I agree 100%. I'm tired of the self-loathing scum who consider themselves and our species as a virus (only after they watched the matrix, lol) who is destroying our "mother" earth. What a horrible emotional driven analogy.

Hey, you shouldn't have. You said the exact word "scum" that I was only paraphrasing him saying.

And now we're jumping into comparing religious nuts with radical environmentalists...

The thing is, all of the human self-loathing guilt-mongering is socially engineered memes perpetrated by the elist technocrat overpopulation alarmists that control industry, governments and media.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Trehalose is much tastier than eating the bugs I admit. Go read this thread for context, and tell me what you think.

241,200 Years of Kings

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by elusive1

Here I'll repost a list I made of semi-ethical forms of life extension, that minus a plundering of the world economies, most would be able to afford, many in the near term:

Students Hope BioBeer Can Fight Disease

Anti-aging pill to turn back the clock

Anti Aging Enzymes In Your Drinking Water

Bio-Printing Technology To Produce Functional Human Organs

Senecavirus Structure Revealed - Kills Cancer 10,000 Times Better Than Chemo

Hoping Two Drugs Carry a Side Effect: Longer Life

Life Extension From Caloric Restriction… In A Pill!

Skin Transformed Into Stem Cells

Scientists create stem cells for 10 disorders

Researchers create heart and blood cells from reprogrammed skin cells

Cheap Pill Lets You Eat Burgers Without Getting Fat

Double Your Lifespan with a Drug that Mutates Your Ribosomes

Simple powder to beat 2400 genetic diseases

The super vaccine that protects you from all types of flu for LIFE

Anti-Aging Drugs Could Change the Nature of Death

Elixer Of Youth Through A Simple Injection?

Life Extension Pill Tested In Humans

Drugs turn ‘couch potato’ mice into long-distance runners

Resveratrol: Elixer of Youth?

I post this list because I posit that the war the man in the video is talking about has already begun, to keep the masses from all becoming "gods", as surely the overpopulation elitists feel there isn't room for everyone to be "gods". Following this logic, the war to keep you from keeping them from becoming "gods" would be to keep you from becoming one too.

That list tries to avoid un-ethical "radical" forms of 'life extension'.

More directly to your response, the fulfillment alone from growing a nice garden is enough to increase your quality of life and better enable 'nurture' health benefits.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Depends on what your idea of "God" is. If you believe that the only god exists through the major religions, which your post implies, then I could see why you come to your conclusion.

Others though are free thinking individuals and are of no religious denominations and still believe there is a god. So it just really depends on what you think "God" is.

The very fact that you believe people can actively seek out to be a God just proves that your are influenced by the same god that major religions worship.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Hey, you shouldn't have. You said the exact word "scum" that I was only paraphrasing him saying.

And now we're jumping into comparing religious nuts with radical environmentalists...

The thing is, all of the human self-loathing guilt-mongering is socially engineered memes perpetrated by the elist technocrat overpopulation alarmists that control industry, governments and media.

Not sure what you are saying.

The whole human "we are a virus" thing is a meme passed down from the "elite" to the common person to make them think their lives are something other than neutral in the context of the planet, even though they only live for a fraction of a bleep?

Well, ok. It's true, probably. When you add up all the people who don't do anything with their lives but make way and die... There are certainly plenty of people who are non-contributors.. emotionally, financially, morally, etc.. etc.. basically leeches through and through.

We, as a species, will fix that - one way or another... if you know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Is he now? What does anything said herein have to do with "God", or religion?
Hmmm...I'm not sure...maybe it's the fact the tile of this thread is "We're going to become gods..if you don't like it we'll have warfare". This whole thing is about becoming a God-like species via technological means...of course God and religion is deeply entwined with this topic.

reply to post by Light of Night

Others though are free thinking individuals and are of no religious denominations and still believe there is a god. So it just really depends on what you think "God" is.
Yes, exactly, but my point is, even if there is a God(s)...there's no reason we can't attempt to becomes Gods, or God-like...I'm sure if there was a God, it wouldn't give a rats a$$ if we attempted to become Gods...why is it so exclusive anyway? Most religious people wouldn't even dare attempt match their God in anyway what so ever...and that's a real tight leash I'm not willing to put around my neck...

The very fact that you believe people can actively seek out to be a God just proves that your are influenced by the same god that major religions worship.
I believe we can greatly advance ourselves with the help of technology and time (evolution)...and that will lead us to obtain skills and knowledge some might liken to a God. I don't think we will be "God-like"...just highly advanced...simple...

[edit on 25/4/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Hmmm...I'm not sure...maybe it's the fact the tile of this thread is "We're going to become gods..if you don't like it we'll have warfare". This whole thing is about becoming a God-like species via technological means...of course God and religion is deeply entwined with this topic.

Well, thats what that zealot in the clip says... and now you're shouting out about becoming a "god", yet somehow its my fault that you've taken this quite distinct topic and twisted it to spew you're hatred for 'unscientific' religions?

Hey if thats where you want to go with this be my guest...

I'm sure if there was a God, it wouldn't give a rats a$$ if we attempted to become Gods...why is it so exclusive anyway?

What about all of the lives you're going to need to prevent in order to stave off the overpopulation you'll need to prevent... or impoverish... one way or another... in order for your class of superhumans to exist? Surely a 'god of creation' might object to that??

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join