It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.0 earthquake 30 miles from Corpus Christi

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

thats pretty crazy, we have had some crazy clouds here in nebraska lately that have looked like your picture

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by I.C. Weiner

Seriously? Wow, I am not alone! LOL

did yall' get any photos?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
OK, I know earthquakes don't happen frequently there, but you do know there's a 4.0 about once a week in CA, let alone Indonesia, Japan, etc? I'm just saying it really is not a harbinger of the end times, even if one believes in that sort of thing.

(This is a comment about that and not a comment about having a thread about this earthquake, which is a bit unusual and worth talking about.)

Re: the weird rainbow cloud. Was there one on the other side of the sun? Was it a particularly cold day? If so, we see those from time to time here, they are "sun dogs" and have to do with the way light refracts off of moisture in the clouds. Some people do believe there is such a thing as "earthquake clouds" but I think if you saw them for 4.0 quakes the skies over Cali would regularly be glowing.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

nope, didn't think anything of it - just thought it was another awesome sunset on the gulf coast......

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

Hi quakewatcher,

No it was really hot that day, and there were no other iridescent clouds anywhere. Just right there. I know what you are talking about in regards to sun dogs. I used to see them all the time when I lived in Alaska.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The day before yesterday... I live in San Antonio... we had a major thunderstorm come through in the middle of the night... a FRONT came through... Could this FRONT make clouds like the person in HOUSTON is referring to?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by quakewatcher

it was around 75 degrees, nothing unusual for april in south texas.....

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by biblenet

and the front that blew thru last nite around 4am? that was insane, out of nowhere 40mph winds and the temp dropped....

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Having lived in L.A. for 3 years of my life, I experience 2 tremors in that range: a 4.1 and a 4.3 - both were pretty much under my feet when they happened. While that kind of shake-up will really make your heart race (the 4.3 lifted me up out of my seat by about a foot), these really are very small quakes and nothing to worry about.

The one that really scared me when I was out there was a 7.1 that was a few hundred miles away in Joshua Tree National Park. It didn't feel very strong in L.A. when I experienced it, but it lasted for three whole minutes of constant shaking, and from moment to moment you didn't know if it was suddenly going to get much, much worse. Since when it's happening you there's no way to know how far away it is, I was really scared it would suddenly get huge. It never did and since it was so remote, there were only a couple of minor injuries from the quake near the epicenter.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
aftershocks? www.kztv10.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Not that many quakes hit Texas.....Check here....www.ig.utexas.edu...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
did we ever get any aftershocks? i haven't heard any reports yet....

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrangell76
Ok as promised, here is the light I saw the other day in the sky (Houston, Texas)...right side of the photo. It was a lot brighter before I grabbed the camera and snapped this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2516e85786f.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4/25/2010 by wrangell76]

may be sundogs

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Reply to post by quakewatcher

The fact of the matter is that earthquakes do not happen very often in TX, much less in that area.

A 4.0 is a big deal down here.

Also notice how they say the fault is not named because they did not know it existed?

Saying that 4.0 earthquakes are common and unimportant is wrong, especially in this situation.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 4/25/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I live in the area and this is not something "normal" in these parts. Ridiculous sized tornado's, crazy hurricanes? Sure. Earthquakes, not so much. I'm with the rest of you Texans that are saying something doesn't feel right here.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
my animals are still acting funny, my dog follows me constantly and my cat has been biting me for no apparent reason.....

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I find the location's name interesting : Corpus Christi wasn't it? as in Body of Christ , surprised the end is nighers didn't jump on that !

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join