It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4.0 earthquake 30 miles from Corpus Christi

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...
Interesting Location. I doubt that there was any damage but a wierd place to have it.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthquakeNewMadrid2010

I just s&f because I live in Texas.. and did not know Texas had earthquake activity. This one was pretty shallow!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Texas Seismicity Map

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Luckily, we don't have them that often.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
ALICE — A 4.0 earthquake occurred about 11 miles east of Alice, the U.S. Geological Survey confirmed.

It happened about 9:10 p.m

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
COOL. Did not know they had tremors in those parts.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 9:37 PM
Updated: Apr 24, 2010 10:38 PM

ALICE, Texas - Residents near Alice are reporting a possible earthquake around 9:45 this evening.

Calls have been coming into the Action 10 Newsroom from various places around Jim Wells County.

There are no reports of damage or injuries. Jim Wells County dispatch says it seems like a minor earthquake.

They are working to rule out the possibility of an explosion. Specifically, they are checking on a factory located in Bishop.

Law enforcement tells us they are recieving reports from all over the county, and they say all indications point to an small-scale earthquake.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Posted: Apr 24, 2010 10:45 PM

ALICE - The U.S. Geological Survey has confirmed a magnitude 4.0 earthquake 10 miles east of Alice, near Rancho Banquete.

The last time an earthquake hit South Texas was back in 1997, that quake also struck near Alice.

Geophysicist Richard Buckmaster, said the USGS is unsure of fault's name, or if it has one, because they believe it has yet to be identified.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Wondering if this could be due to some man made influence.

No I'm not talking about HAARP either...

Perhaps some sort of mining or construction project in the area set if off?

It's happened before.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24/4/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by biblenet

Okay, but who's Alice? Just joking.

Yeah that's kinda weird. I certainly don't think of Texas when I hear "earthquake".

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Ok this is just plain weird. The day before yesterday at sunset, I saw a very strange cloud at sunset ( I live in Houston, Texas). It was glowing iridescently. Anyway, I told my husband there is going to be an earthquake in Texas within a couple of days. He thought I was nuts. Guess my hunch was right...I have photos will have to download tonight and post in the morning.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by wrangell76

Earthquakes in various places.

Nuff said

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Nuff said about what? People have a right to comment about earthquakes on here if they please, especially if one happens in Corpus Christi. If you don't like the topic move on to something else.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Reply to post by wrangell76

Relax friend. I live about 100 miles south and it has us freaked out.

I was referring to biblical prophecy. This pretty much seals the deal for me. It is the beginning of the end of times.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

[edit on 4/25/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Ok as promised, here is the light I saw the other day in the sky (Houston, Texas)...right side of the photo. It was a lot brighter before I grabbed the camera and snapped this...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2516e85786f.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 4/25/2010 by wrangell76]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

Clouds often turn orange/yellow at sunset, it's all about light wavelengths.

Short wavelengths passing through our atmosphere give us blueish hues.

Long wavelengths passing through our atmosphere give is reddish hues.

That's why the sky is blue during the day.

It's also why the sky (and clouds) turn orange/yellow/pink at sunset, the short wavelengths get scattered leaving only the longer wavelengths to pass through.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by wrangell76

im really curious to know how a stange glowing cloud tipped you off to thinking there was gonna be an earthquake, thats very interesting

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

I saw some photos and videos awhile ago about earthquake lights. When I saw the cloud, it reminded me of that and I just had a feeling that there was going to be one.

[edit on 4/25/2010 by wrangell76]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

It actually says diverse places in the bible, which I guess could mean about the same thing.. therefore making my point invalid.

Oh well, stay safe down there.

link   
i'm in port aransas, about 30mi east of corpus.....all our animals have been acting funny....and wrangell, me and my gf both saw the same type of clouds 2 days ago....

link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yeah I know how clouds turn colors at sunset and I know how the sky is blue too
anyway, the cloud caught my attention because it was iridescent, the photo doesn't do it justice...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join