It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Live Studio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
With three shows under there belt, I think it is safe to say that Nef and the gang have established a fairly successful format with some good numbers for audience and quite a number of regular/faithful listeners. The technical glitches seem to be going down in frequency, although while broadcasting, I am sure it doesn't feel that way.

I suppose the question that I am asking is will ATS look to hosting on our own site to have better control over bandwidth than through Nef's ISP? And if Skype turns out to be a continuing hassle, could a VoIP alternative solution be hosted (hate to say developed) by our servers?

Yes, two questions, but really it comes down to asking if ATS will host natively.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
At the moment we're still a technology testbed running live shows. We're still learning to walk before we break out into a run.

Bandwidth isn't so much an issue as the reliability and robustness of the technology. Skype is fantastic when it works, but for some reason every now and then it wants to go kablooey.

In short, I'm working on it, and hopefully by the time the 2010 redesign comes out we'll be good to go on a bigger scale.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

You mean tomorrow right nef? lol

Last weekend in April, I certainly hope the redesign is launched tomorrow!

I do look forward to the finalized medium for the shows though, it's great as it is, but as you said the gremlins are out to get us...

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

All about the baby steps to iron the kinks.

new topics

top topics

join