It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking says Aliens exist

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

Stephen Hawking does not sympathize that extraterrestrials Love and watch us, and have already made contact ages ago.

We are not alone and we are Loved.

Mass contact will not happen unless a majority mass call is issued by the people of earth for our Free Will is respected as it is the first and foremost primal distortion of the Creator (the Creation).

Nomads and ships? Maybe from a Human perspective that such may be possible, however they are far more understanding of the One Creator that they, including us, are not just apart of but actually are.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The scariest thing is that we don't know what to do if they did land. We don't know if they're good, bad or indifferent. But they probably would be careful about dealing with us - they would probably have been watching us for a while before they arrived, and even though most humans are decent people, our societies can do some pretty horrible stuff - to each other, other life and Earth

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Viper2

actually, yes i do. i've even read "a brief history of time".

if you had read my posts, you would see that i said i hadn't decided one way or the other concerning my belief in alien life. sometimes it seems plausible, others, not so much.

i'm actually a fan of some of his theories, "hawking radiation" being one of them.

it is really sad that instead of providing evidence on odds, you laugh off my evidence. people who are afraid of being wrong fear truth.

I like your evidence, instead you claim some guy determined that there are a set number of variables that must be met inorder for life to form, without intervention. Now tell me, how did he come up with this? Was he around when life sprang up? There's a good chance that aslong as you have a planet with an active core, you'll have life. Active core leads to active planet, which leads to nice thick atmosphere......keeps going. Then again I'm going off the top of my head right now, but what you proposed is just ridiculous.

Also anyone who thinks ET would be advanced enough physically and spiritually that they wouldn't need to strip our planet of resources need to wake up. Seriously NO ONE knows one lick how ETs would act, but then again to err on the side of caution we should assume they would be like us jack*** humans who only care about ourselves. Hate to say it guys but humans are selfish and I have a hard time believing advanced life elsewhere is any different. Do I know what resources they'd want from here? No, I don't. It sure as hell wouldn't be oil unless there's some use for it we havn't found yet.

There isn't much else I can add.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Judohawk]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

"Astrophysicist Hugh Ross has calculated the probability that these and other constants (122 in all) would exist today for any planet in the universe by chance (I.e., without Divine design). Assuming there are 10^22 planets in the universe (a very large number: 1 with 22 zeros following it), his answer is shocking; one chance in 10^138, that’s one chance in one with 138 zeros after it. There are only about 10^70 atoms in the entire universe."

This quote is inaccurate in what it is trying to show. Most notably is that he is attempting to reference the "observable universe" and not the full universe. Alan Guth puts the size of the actual universe at 10^23 to 10^26 the size of the observable universe, and the observable universe being 8 X 10^80 atoms.

And as for the original Hawkings quote, in no way is Hawkings implying that we are living among aliens or that we will ever have contact with them (as someone else pointed out, Drakes Equation makes it basically a mathimatical impossibilty that no other life exists in the universe - though some question Drakes Equation). He is just saying "IF they are reachable, why would we want to communicate with them?"

Disclaimer: these numbers are based on my memory, and I don't feel like looking up the spcifics to cite. Dismiss me if you want for that reason.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
The problem here is that is terrestrial thinking, because we can't travel out there doesn't mean that advanced civilizations can't travel here, if they are so advanced so is their technology, there is a good chance they have soved the time problem by folding space or teleporting to where they want to go.

That is kind of the problem....we need to "what if" like crazy for any of this to have a slim chance.

So lets just say they can fold space time and travel around....how do they find us?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
2x posts........

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarcyD28
The scariest thing is that we don't know what to do if they did land. We don't know if they're good, bad or indifferent. But they probably would be careful about dealing with us - they would probably have been watching us for a while before they arrived, and even though most humans are decent people, our societies can do some pretty horrible stuff - to each other, other life and Earth

They are already here, they have existed far before us and are not indifferent for they contain within them as in any portion, no matter, how small the One Creator which is Infinity.

They incarnate as Humans to help heal and wake up many who are so deep in slumber, in fear, and not in the comprehension of the reality that is.

We are all the same, no matter what part of the Infinite universe they come from. For we each are, as is everything, Love. We and they and everything else is the One Creator and the matter is not about conquering or controlling but more of waking many up with Love and the abiding of Human entities' Free Will.

Yes, there are those, who wish to control and enslave the "non-elite" but they too are the same as us and contain the One Creator. These entities understand to abide by Free Will for they understand, to, that to against this primal distortion is to go against the natural laws of the Creator and to receive the consequences.

I can assure you that those who wish to serve us outnumber those who wish to do the latter and they who which to serve send their Love to those who wish to enslave just as equally as they send their Love to us.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by 11118]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
That's the thing, how the hell are we supposed to know? lol

Know what I mean?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 11118

So they're here and want to help us, but don't help us all, they are a part of us but different in the same.... but some of them want to enslave us and some of them.....sorry dude, I'm getting lost!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Exactly...!!!

Why would anyone bother invading an already inhabited world, when there are probably 1,000,000's of similar worlds un-inhabited, that require just moving in and no hasstles of destroying 1/2 the planet wiping out the original owners.

As for resources, well like you said, there's billions of planets out there also that can't sustain life and have 100x the resources that Earth has.

All this invasion stuff is crap.

And for those who say they want us for slaves, They gotto feed those slaves first and foremost. A civilisation that advanced wouldn't need slaves, they have the tech to make machienes to do their work for no cost.

Food? Hrmph!! Have you ever tasted Human? OK I have'nt either, but I hear is isnt the best..

The only thing I can think of that would give aliens a reason to attack/invade Earth... is if we attack them first...!!

Either that or they might just do it cause its waaay cool fun!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarcyD28
reply to post by 11118

So they're here and want to help us, but don't help us all, they are a part of us but different in the same.... but some of them want to enslave us and some of them.....sorry dude, I'm getting lost!

There are only two different "groups" of entities. Those who wish to enslave, and those who wish to serve each containing a vast array of different races.

The group who wishes to serve see all as the One Creator and understand that this is truth; however, those who wish to enslave are lost and think themselves only as the Creator.

The group who wishes to serve far outnumber the latter, and not only Love us but all else including the ones who to wish to enslave.

I can assure you, we are in good "hands" and they are closer then you think. Even your origin may not be of Earth.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

They would not, considering that a space faring civilization would have evolved mentally and spiritually to a level that would avoid at all costs interference in the natural process of evolution in the universe.

How do you know that? How do you even know that they have a conscience? They could be quite intelligent but lacking totally in empathy. Perhaps their evolution consisted of the intelligent and strong eating the weak and the stupid?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JScytale

No, it is a planet rich in many metals, including heavy metals. This is not something common. It is also very abundant in substances such as water, which is an excellent catalyst for MANY chemical reactions. ....

This is part of reason for Friedman's belief in the ETH...

And then we can jump to people like, ack "cough" John Lear "cough" among others, who tell a very sinister story of EBE presence and motive. If that's the case then Hawking's warning is way too late....

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
Why would anyone bother invading an already inhabited world, when there are probably 1,000,000's of similar worlds un-inhabited, that require just moving in and no hasstles of destroying 1/2 the planet wiping out the original owners.

If life goes as it has on earth then any other water/air planet will most likely have life too, so if another race needed something other than a lifeless rock they will most likely run into life.

I would suspect water planets are not very common, I could go into why, but let’s just say lots of variables need to line up, or we get a Venus or Mars that are what happens when you get very close. I would think though that an alien wouldn’t see us much different than monkeys or other animals, we are not that far removed…..

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
I agree that we shouldn't go looking for aliens.

Instead we should be cleaning up our house, before they come and visit.

I very much doubt that any species that can travel between stars and galaxies would be a war-like people. They would be an extreme rarity in anycase.

unless looking for rare resources they already used up of eons of time
you know Gold , Water , or rare element's to make a Higher Periodical Elements from aka Alchemy

Quick we need clean up the environment or hide it ! fix the ozone layer reduce the population , make our World a one network make a Dinner for our guest as Humans ON the menu ( Twilight Zone = To Serve MAN) , are we doing this already ?

preparing for a special occasion like in the TV Movie V ID4 , War Of the Worlds or it could be like CE3rdkind Abyss , The Day the Earth Stood Still teaching us of the repeated role to not kill ourselves and our World

Reptilians are known in fiction to Divide and Conquer in a nomadic setting as we see our selves as a Eusociality System

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toxicsurf

Originally posted by JScytale

No, it is a planet rich in many metals, including heavy metals. This is not something common. It is also very abundant in substances such as water, which is an excellent catalyst for MANY chemical reactions. ....

This is part of reason for Friedman's belief in the ETH...

And then we can jump to people like, ack "cough" John Lear "cough" among others, who tell a very sinister story of EBE presence and motive. If that's the case then Hawking's warning is way too late....

Wake-up.

Extremely advanced extraterrestrials don't need our "precious" metals, they can easily materialize such with thought into thought forms. Technology is not that special.

The matter is about them being much more aware of the reasoning for existence; they understand that they, including us, are the One Creator, and Create simply by Will.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
reply to post by Kaytagg

Exactly...!!!

As for resources, well like you said, there's billions of planets out there also that can't sustain life and have 100x the resources that Earth has.

All this invasion stuff is crap.

And for those who say they want us for slaves, They gotto feed those slaves first and foremost. A civilisation that advanced wouldn't need slaves, they have the tech to make machienes to do their work for no cost.

Food? Hrmph!! Have you ever tasted Human? OK I have'nt either, but I hear is isnt the best..

The only thing I can think of that would give aliens a reason to attack/invade Earth... is if we attack them first...!!

Either that or they might just do it cause its waaay cool fun!!!

Who knows, the point is that aliens are alien, so maybe they have a reason we can't understand.

Maybe to them human will be tasty lol, and of course you can be right, maybe is fun.

P.S. in the case i would be an Alien, i would wipe out humans, not because they are bad, evil, but because they can be a problem if they get their hands in an sonic screwdriver and start thinking in some kind of idealist crusade.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by Aquarius1
The problem here is that is terrestrial thinking, because we can't travel out there doesn't mean that advanced civilizations can't travel here, if they are so advanced so is their technology, there is a good chance they have soved the time problem by folding space or teleporting to where they want to go.

That is kind of the problem....we need to "what if" like crazy for any of this to have a slim chance.

So lets just say they can fold space time and travel around....how do they find us?
one way they find us is when we try to contact them.

As for teleporting, warping space, and all that, there's no need for it. Maybe they just don't mind taking tens of thousands of years to get anywhere. A.I., for example, wouldn't necessarily ever become impatient.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Hiya Matrix, I share Hawkings' ideas regarding the risks in not knowing the possible intentions of any visiting ET. The Russian guy last year who began beaming 'Hello!' messages into space got me thinking about it. It's impossible to hide our presence on Earth, but it's another thing altogether to be shouting our existence to the heavens. The ecology of Earth is full of predators...maybe (if they exist) ET civilisations represent a similar proportion?

It's been an interesting thread to read...various sides arguing from a supposedly higher ground...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tearman
Let's hope ET isn't so paranoid, but if they are, it would go a long way toward explaining why we don't hear radio signals from other civilizations: The smart ones keep quiet, and the careless ones get blown up by the paranoid ones.

So why isn't SETI getting a 'response' from ET? For the simple reason that the good old radio waves is an antique methodology for propagation. Is it any wonder they have not received a ‘reply’ as yet? Are they barking up the wrong tree? Apparently, communications in the electromagnetic spectrum is passé! At least for advanced ET races.

A paper written by Fran De Aquino of LANL, last revised in Jan 2008 titled, Gravity Control By Means of Electromagnetic Field Through Gas or Plasma at Ultra-Low Pressure includes an interesting few pages of formulas on the reality of instantaneous interstellar communications!

For those who may be interested, here's more...

QGAs (Quantum Gravity Antennas) for near instantaneous interstellar communications by Virtual Gravitational Radiation

The GCC (Gravity Control Cell) antenna radiates graviphotons and gravitational waves simultaneously. Thus it is not only a gravitational antenna, but a Quantum gravitational antenna because it can also emit and detect gravitational Virtual quanta (graviphotons) which in turn can transmit information instantaneously from any distance in the universe without scattering.

A civilization a million years ahead in technology would surely have achieved other esoteric means of interstellar communication that would seem magic to us!

So what of communication by radio waves? It's just like the old Red Indians using smoke signals as a form of communication compared with the cell phones we use today! So why would we go back to using smoke?
We wouldn't! Just like advanced alien cultures would never use radio signals! They probably wouldn't even know what this long forgotten antique technology is all about!

lanl.arxiv.org...
lanl.arxiv.org...
users.elo.com.br...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by OrionHunterX]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join