It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking says Aliens exist

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
As an obvious disclaimer, I wanted to remind everyone that this is only my opinion, but ....while I do believe that it's VERY possible that aliens exist, simply due to mathematical percentage ( how large the universe is ), visions of an alien race of lets say, reptiles or alien creatures in their motherships attacking earth just seems kinda laughable. Our overall presumption is that if alien life exists somewhere else in the universe, they would presumably be of a higher level of intelligence and spirituality. Again, I'm not saying that they don't exist, its just I can't see them as being malevolent. We as humans are the most malevolent race in the universe. Now, while that could lead logic to tell us that other species could be malevolent as well, but my gut feeling tells me that something is still cloudy about this whole situation. I'm not entirely sold on this whole thing....

Now...lets take a step back from all of this...and look at the methodology of the New World Order Elite. The elite have possessed high technology weapons systems for ages, including weapons that utilize electromagnetics as well as advanced psychotronic weaponry. The New World Order Elite are essentially Lucifer's tool of performing what he does best: DECEPTION
The one thing that you must understand is that ----The devil DOES exist.
The alien and UFO issue MAY very well be part of this overwhelming worldwide deception. If you ask me, I don't want to find alien life outside this planet for the simple possibility that if one day we come in contact with an alien species, they could simply be part of this evil deception. And for most of us, who believe in GOD and love our creator, the question to these extraterrestrials is ...." Do you love God and acknowledge him as the creator of the universe? Are you here on this planet attempting to convince the peoples of earth that GOD doesn't exist and that we should worship you?
Memories of alien abduction can be easily implanted via the use of advanced psychotronic technology.....and if they really were abducted, who knows what they were? Some things to think about....what is everybody's thought on this?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viper2
LOL @ you trying to claim Stephen Hawking's logic is flawed. Do you even know who Stephen Hawking is?

Skeptics make me laugh.

While I don't disagree with Hawking's reasoning here, it is laughable that you consider him infallible. We are all human beings, Viper, and we all make mistakes. Not to mention, he is speculating, not stating experimentally validated facts.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yes it's possible. But I still see no point living in constant fear and not seeking ET intelligence simply because "they might be hostile" or "they want to eat us". That's not living.

But it's very probable that they wouldn't have thought process like ours.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Viper73

aaaaand there you go exposing your true colors as a person who believes things he cannot know. you should try thinking critically sometime, it helps weed out the bull#.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hasn't Stephen Hawking held these positions for quite a long time: That ETs are likely, and that we should be cautious about letting them know of our existence?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

This is Earth, how do we know this is the system anywhere else off the Earth?

That is true but basic evolution gives the brains, speed, agility and higher senses to the carnivores in most cases. It is a little harder to hunt and kill your prey then it is to grab a mouth full of grass.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yes it's possible. But I still see no point living in constant fear and not seeking ET intelligence simply because "they might be hostile" or "they want to eat us". That's not living.

But it's very probable that they wouldn't have thought process like ours.

The reason for caution is due to the great stakes: the potential elimination of terrestrial life. There is no reason at all to believe ET would be friendly, or that they would even take note of anything living on earth.... maybe they won't even recognize us as alive by their standards, and so we are eliminated without reflection, seen only as a film contaminating the surface of a sphere of what they see as 'their' resources.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Tearman]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

I completely disagree with this thinking. Surely a civilisation so advanced would not be dependant on fossil fuels such as Oil?

They would be living on clean,green energy, harnessing energy sources that we can not even comprehend now on Earth.

Why would they be so advanced on one hand, but humanly barbaric on the other?

Ok so they do not eat us, but suck the earth dry of its resources seeing us as we see animals around us.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Possible.

Why would they "exterminate" all life on Earth? Wouldn't that destroy the whole ecosystem and ruin their precious planet?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

Why would they care about an ecosystem which supports terrestrial life? I mean, they might, but there is no inherent reason that they should. Maybe they aren't trying to, but only destroy the ecosystem as a side effect in pursuit of whatever it is they are interested in.

Humans do that all the time, so we already know that intelligence is capable of taking these kinds of actions. (And we're dependent on our eco-system, ET would have no such dependency.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

What is Earth without the biosphere? Just another ball of rock floating in space. I just see the idea of some galactic robbers just a bit silly. That they would go from planet to planet stealing resources.

But I understand the caution. They could be intergalactic control freaks 'tho.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Tryptych

its highly unlikely, in my opinion, that they would expressly desire to exterminate all life on earth. what I consider VERY likely, though, is that they see our planet as one of the exceedingly rare metal-rich stable planets covered with a film of primitive life and decide to start mining.

Another possibility is that a species comes across a planet suitable for terraforming and begins the process. That would wipe out all life on the earth as it slowly changed to fit their requirements.

Remember, we aren't even capable of staying on another planetary body indefinitely. We are extraordinarily primitive. A species hundreds of thousands of years more advanced than us would regard us the same way we regard small animals.

And what if their biology is so vastly different from ours that they don't even RECOGNIZE us? They could be unable to differentiate between any individual form of life on the planet because there are no analogs to their biosphere, and see all of it as nothing more than a biohazard?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Regardless of what anyone think these Alien species are like, we are on a path to destruction all by ourselves anyway.

Why not put it out there and make contact. As much as the chance exists of them wanting to destroy us, it also exists that they might be our saviours too.

And if we are heading for doom by ourselves, I know what I would choose to do.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

reply to post by Tearman

What is Earth without the biosphere? Just another ball of rock floating in space.

No, it is a planet rich in many metals, including heavy metals. This is not something common. It is also very abundant in substances such as water, which is an excellent catalyst for MANY chemical reactions. (That is precisely why most scientists look for liquid water when they look for life - there is a reason all life here is based on it. it is pretty much the ideal catalyst).

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Matrix Rising

everyone should say that aliens exist, to think were the only sentient life in the universe is just selfish.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising

He (Hawking) suggests that aliens might simply raid Earth for its resources and then move on: “We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet. I imagine they might exist in massive ships, having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonise whatever planets they can reach.”

Hawking needs to revisit his theory.

Stephen Hawking is no doubt a brilliant scientist but where this subject is concerned, we’re all kicking the ball on a level playing field as no one knows anything for sure. Life in the universe can only be inferred mathematically and probably logically. It's yet to be proved.

Having said that, I will disagree with Hawking when he contends that “aliens might simply raid Earth for its resources and then move on.”

They would not, considering that a space faring civilization would have evolved mentally and spiritually to a level that would avoid at all costs interference in the natural process of evolution in the universe.

In other words, they wouldn’t go around plundering and destroying planets already inhabited by sentient beings just because they have run out of resources on their home planet. Instead they would exploit the limitless resources of uninhabited planets and probably terra-form them to make them habitable.

This would be no big deal for a Type II or Type III civilization. As Dr Michio Kaku mentions, a Type III civilization would be so advanced that moving between multiverses would be all in a days work!

So, out of the countless trillion stars in this universe having planetary systems which are uninhabited and having unlimited natural resources, why in God’s name would they zero on to a nondescript ball of mud at the edge of one of trillions of galaxies and one that’s already overpopulated and running out of resources?

So there’s no need to panic. Hawking seems to have got it all wrong this time around!

[edit on 25-4-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by l neXus l

it isn't a certainty. it is VERY safe to assume it, being something along the order of a 99.9999999999...% chance, but we can't know until we find it.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

because you can't know if they honestly give a #.

like i said before - they could just not recognize life on earth as anything worth fretting over, or even not recognize it as life at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by JScytale

Yeah, assuming that they would be dependent on such materials, and that they would be all out of them.

If we'd find a new planet, would we kill all life and start harvesting the sphere? In modern days, i think the scientist would show great interest in the biology of the new found exoplanet.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

reply to post by JScytale

Yeah, assuming that they would be dependent on such materials, and that they would be all out of them.

Yep! Like the Bilderbergs, the Illuminati and the neo-cons!
There's plenty up here we can do without!

[edit on 25-4-2010 by ColonelSF]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join