It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking says Aliens exist

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
Regardless of what anyone think these Alien species are like, we are on a path to destruction all by ourselves anyway.

Why not put it out there and make contact. As much as the chance exists of them wanting to destroy us, it also exists that they might be our saviours too.

And if we are heading for doom by ourselves, I know what I would choose to do.

Unfortunately we aren't the ones in control of whether contact is made, if it has not not already been made. We don't have enough MONEY or WEAPONS for those kinds of decisions.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hello Everyone, this is my first post. This is a quote I ran accross in last weeks Toronto star regarding this matter and the response our former Defence Minister had to Hawkings statements.

"MONTREAL—Stephen Hawking’s warnings of an alien invasion have prompted a vigorous defence of extraterrestrials by their most prominent Canadian fan.

Former federal defence minister Paul Hellyer, 86, believes not only that aliens have visited Earth but also that they have contributed greatly to human technological advances.

So he can’t quite understand why the world renowned astrophysicist views them with such trepidation; Hawking recently warned that malevolent aliens could lead to the destruction of humanity.

The longtime cabinet minister accuses Hawking of spreading misinformation about extraterrestrials.

“I think he’s indulging in some pretty scary talk there that I would have hoped would not come from someone with such an established stature,” Hellyer said in an interview.

“I think it’s really sad that a scientist of his repute would contribute to what I would consider more misinformation about a vast and very important subject.”

Hawking speculates in a new documentary that most extraterrestrial life will be similar to microbes, or small animals — but he adds that advanced life forms may be “nomads, looking to conquer and colonize” new planets.

Hellyer served in the Liberal cabinets of Louis St. Laurent, Lester Pearson and Pierre Trudeau, later crossed the floor to the Conservative party, and eventually returned to the Liberals.

Hellyer, who ran for the Liberal party leadership in 1968, has been speaking out publicly about “the star visitors” for years. His most recent speech was in Washington in April 2009.

He dismisses a suggestion that some people might find his views a little hard to believe.

“The reality is that they’ve (aliens) been visiting Earth for decades and probably millennia and have contributed considerably to our knowledge,” Hellyer said.

He says earthlings owe a lot to their alien friends. Even that computer screen on your desk, he says, can trace its origins to spaceships."

Published On Mon May 03 2010
Peter Rakobowchuk The Canadian Press

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
i would believe stephen Hawkings if he said aliens existed. I would agree to an extent of what he said if the aliens were like from the movie Aliens. But if they are like the Anunnaki, then I welcome them.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
How about they are our enemies?Not earth humans but Galactic-Universal humans!!

How about you tell Stephen for me to put this in his pipe and smoke it,we were put here as a resource in a Galactic war,our planet was picked because of its location far from the battle lines,we are an important resource and the reason we are being hemmed in here and arent allowed to blast out into the universe at warp speed is that if we divulge our presence here to the enemy in of humanity in this war,we become vulnerable and we will be attacked,absolutely,and as we are simply one spoke of the great wheel of humanity we will only be defended with a finite amount of resources.

We better listen to our human friends and now.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Just be weary if this happens and this is just a facade to get them to build space weapons up in Earth's orbit. Go towards 4:41 and start there.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by one4all
How about they are our enemies?Not earth humans but Galactic-Universal humans!!

How about you tell Stephen for me to put this in his pipe and smoke it,we were put here as a resource in a Galactic war,our planet was picked because of its location far from the battle lines,we are an important resource and the reason we are being hemmed in here and arent allowed to blast out into the universe at warp speed is that if we divulge our presence here to the enemy in of humanity in this war,we become vulnerable and we will be attacked,absolutely,and as we are simply one spoke of the great wheel of humanity we will only be defended with a finite amount of resources.

We better listen to our human friends and now.

lmao I can see that somewhat. we could be just vessels for souls that die in battle in that huge "war" going on in space. this is basically a prison camp for those souls that died or punished for "war crimes". That is why we have that war attitude we have. Just basically a hell....

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   
No,we were engineered here to mine resources,for a war effort that humanity is embroiled in.We are just one facet of that war,it is hard to comprehend that we were designed and put here for a specific job,isnt it,makes you feel like a slave doesnt it?We werent supposed to multiply like this,but when you screw with mother nature look what you get,we started with lifetimes hundreds of years long,we were geneticly sabatoged and our lifespans shortened considerably,what did mother nature do to even the score?She allowed us to breed like rabbits to make up for the shortened life span its just that mother nature couldnt compenste for the intangibles that our newfound intellect provided us with,now we are like an anthill overflowing with people.

We were given genetic material from humans ,we are primates enhanced by human DNA to speed up evolution and create a higher functioning human primate hybrid that would serve a purpose of functionality,which we did do,then the purpose we were created for was in part served and most of our creators departed leaving a vanguard to continue to direct us,we interpret this direction as ruling because we dont understand how we got here and even if we did it would incite a rebellion and that doesnt matter because ultimately we are fighting for humanity regardlessWe werent expected to develope like this and we present something of a problem because originally we were created to be expendable and the expectation was not that we explode like we have,but we have.

Our technology is mostly found and stolen,our great minds obviously have more human DNA active in their functioning,put the two together and you have an essentially abandoned colony of worker bees who found some queens and instead of being consumed by nature they continued to evolve just in inappropriate bodies,we are mentally and emotionally capable of evolving much further than our physical bodies allow us to experience.

No one could have expected that we would get real weapons and figure them out,or find and steal technology that we could learn from,or that we would continue to sucessfully breed and evolve both physically and emotionally at such a super high rate of speed.

Would you want to be the guy who dropped us off here to do a little work and then come back to this mess of armed and dangerous slaves WHO DONT EVEN KNOW THEY WERE CREATED TO BE SLAVES IN THE FIRST PLACE.

Pissed off ones with nukes ,who havent been getting along with the gaurdians you left to look after and rule them,in fact the slaves are hunting ,capturing and killing your employees,i would be a little upset.

The worst part being that they are really a part of your war effort and even if they accept their genetic history they must still accept the war they were born into and their ultimate destiny,that of supporting the war effort one way or another WITH NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER DUE TO BIRTH OBLIGATIONS THAT SUPERCEED THIS NUTTY CONCEPT OF INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM.

There is no god as we have tried to concieve of our creators.There is humanity and its struggle to survive in the universe.

Thats it ,thats all ,folks.

Dont think that you can count on your gods to help you ignore your true heritage,it wont work.

We have to keep learning about ourselves,from our relatives that is.

Whoever they may be,ever been to a family reunion and met your long lost uncle Buck?The one you CANT believe is related to you or anyone in your family?

Well thats what family is ,so simply get ready to learn some things.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Try to think beyond our planet being the only one with humans on it,then imagine a war that spans the galaxy and includes GENERATIONS OF COMBATANTS that are actually sent on missions to worlds to gather resources for the war effort ,trips that may take fifty human generations to complete[at one thousand year lifespan conditions]then realise that this is how we got here as a part of that size and magnitude of an effort.

Also realise that at one point in time we were expected to mostly die off and be maintained at a managable population,but that didnt work out.

We were supposed to lose our genetic enhancements by the enhancements BEING BRED OUT OF US OVER TIME AND BY THE DILUTION OF OUR GENETIC MAKEUP RESULTING IN A RETURN TO PRIMATES MORE THAN HUMANS,but that didnt work out either because some of the hybrids discovered the secret and diligently preserved the purity of several bloodlines.

So you see really we are the slaves that just wouldnt go away,with the help of MOTHER NATURE we overcame the odds and used the genetic manipulations done to us to our advantage together with mother natures assistance we MAY HAVE EXCEEDED OUR CREATORS IN SOME AREAS AND I THINK EMOTIONAL POWER OR ABILITY IS ONE OF THEM.

And no we dont get along with the vanguard left here to control us,AND JUST SO YOU KNOW HITLER WAS WORKING WITH THEM .

You see they are few with what to us today would be considered to be limited resources,before "we exploded in population and intellect" their resources were MORE THAN ADEQUATE.Hitler was an attempt to wrest control of the entire planet before daddy returned.

We are definately in trouble here because there seems to e a FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE.

If we had banded together fifty years ago we might have had a chance to fight for what we would consider independance,to bad the term independance can never apply if your reality is as ours and you are a spoke in a wheel of humanity as big as the one we are in.And were created or born into.

Why would we want to be independant of our family unless WE WERE THE REBELS.

Dont you see that because we were all LIED TO we are behaving LIKE REBELS,and we have been CONVINCED that the concept of individual freedom[which is itself an illusion]is worth fighting and dieing over --with a dose of religous lunacy thrown on top of that crazy idea like napalm icing.

It is an ill or broken human that will put its own personal wants and needs before that of humanity ,so not only are we rebels BUT WE ARE ALL ACTING SICK OR ILL.

We need to tell the world the truth,drop religon and form a world government and improve our living conditions and prepare to recieve instructions on how we can offer our global resources to the war effort or if we have screwed up bad enough already ,PREPARE GLOBAL DEFENSES.

As I said we were sequestered way out here,this location was chose for specific reasons,tactical ones.We fight to leave this solar system in doing so we threaten our very existance because the people of our planet are lied to enmasse.

If we knew we would stop and listen and co-operate.Religon prevents this.|Regional world governments with competing agendas prevent this.

We know what to do,we need to educate more people and faster than we have been about the possible realities that they can choose to take part in if they desire.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

Loved the outline. When can we expect the whole book? Have you found a publisher yet?

The stars are from me, by the way.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
You couldnt write a book this good,and its been done soooo many times.

No this is as real as it gets,and if you think thats cool stick around ATS.

I am aware of how juicy the story is for gods sakes ,thats why it sounds like a script!

Its just new to you ,you havent ever heard my angle before because no one else has had my experiences ,Meriam Delicado,and Travis Walton I believe were taken by the same group,if you read their stories you will see what I mean.

It might be better if there were a few aliens in my story eh?

Sorry,no message either,just stuff I wasnt supposed to remember,and a lot of it pretty domestic.

Wrote the book several times years ago,kept all my notes as well from my dreams,pictures to.

You couldnt produce a movie like this ,there is no imagination this fertile.

And besides if you start to pay attention you should get freaked out if you are fairly normal.

Imagine waking up and having stuff like ribonucleic acid,and molucular DNA compatability popping around in your head,imagine following your dream to incredible medical and cutting edge research that is happening right now?

heres one for you ,how about waking up and writing down the name of a place you have never heard of before and then researching it due to the dream and finding that it is very near your home and is also one of the highest geographical areas in your country,then apply this to what you can read today on this site and picture yourself being me ten years ago before I even knew how to turn a computer on.

This stuff is old hat to me as it is to several others I have identified,and to many more who simply tune in,remember that getting involved is a little different than just tuning in.

Just research Delicado,and Walton,then read my thread "canadians abducted by blue uniformed humans sound off "in the grey area forum,and get back to me if you choose.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by one4all]

[edit on 9-5-2010 by one4all]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by one4all

You believe it?

That's not so funny.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Just what would be the POINT of this "intergalactic war" mentioned previously?
If you had interstellar travel, resources would no longer be an issue, and here on Earth, it's always been about the resources, for war....

No, I don't imagine the majority of star-faring races to be into conquest...

However, I do share Hawking's concern of an unfeeling, indifferent race of beings who simply travel like locusts from system to system. A very logical conclusion, especially based on what we've seen in nature....

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Gazrok,you have been fooled by the PTB,only yhe American "supposed'dominance of space has prevented a war or a power struggle up there,if china and the us both found Pandora can you imagine the race to get there and claim it?And the violence.

The universe is like earth,we are a reflection of what the universe contains.Competition is stiff,lose the religon based --we dont want to take your stuff attitude.It is dog eat dog,and one day we might wish we had never killed a single human because we will realise we need every one we have.

There is no silver lining,no come in peace crap.

Lose the religon already.

Logisticly you cant be serious?You make it sound like taking a taxi cab to the grocery store.

Wars are fought over a lot of things and not ALWAYS RESOURCES,and until we can define just how rare of valuable our earthly resources are in comparison to the universe,we better not worry about why and just define the reality that it isnt just possible but likely these others would be seeking resources of some type,we ourselves are really seeking knowledge we can hijack from someone smarter.it is our way.

Galactic war is what I was told ,we are a resource planet chosen because it is located far from the battle,or it was over thirty years ago,who knows now.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by one4all]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

there are only10^70 that WE know of.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
In reply to the mathematical formula that basically states that time is a factor in the contact probability between intelligent lifeforms (variations of the Drake equation which are only applicable for passive signature detections in realtime for things like SETI), I'd have to disagree. If you go back to basic theories of general relativity, then it would follow that by being able to travel faster than light, you necessarily are capable of traveling backward in time to do so. It would only take a few jumps from one space-time back to the next to arrive back to the specific time in earth history where earth humans are able to accept the existence of alien life forms. Obviously, we're not there yet.

Any sufficiently advanced alien civilization anywhere in the universe at any time in the future (prior to full stellar hydrogen depletion scenarios if it actually comes to that) should be able to reach back to us at this appointed time if they gain this faster-than-light-speed technology level.

Also, we need to get over the "we're special" stigma. The earth was not the center of our solar system. Our solar system was not the center of our galaxy. Our solar system is just like a lot of other star systems out there. Our galaxy is not special. It's naive to believe that we're so special that we're the only life-form in the entire universe.

A more logical assumption would be that something really bad is going to happen to earth within a short time on the cosmological timescale (that could be millions or even billions of years from now). If you were an alien in the future, would you waste your time colonizing a doomed planet? If nothing bad is going to happen here, and if they were going to do it, wouldn't they have already been here to colonize before we figured out what gunpowder can do?

The alternative scenario might be that there's just enough interest in us that they might help us escape our future calamity. Another alternative is that there is just no possible scientific method to travel the vast distances required for interstellar travel within reasonable lifespans of any lifeform.

I think we know a whole lot less than we think we do.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Similarly, Lord Rees, the astronomer royal, warned in a lecture earlier this year that aliens might prove to be beyond human understanding.

“I suspect there could be life and intelligence out there in forms we can’t conceive,” he said. “Just as a chimpanzee can’t understand quantum theory, it could be there are aspects of reality that are beyond the capacity of our brains.”

I don't see how that's possible. I don't think it's possible for a concept to exist that humans cannot comprehend. An advanced species can theoretically think faster than we do but that's just a matter of time. Sort of like comparing the math calculation speed of a human brain with that of an electronic calculator. We humans can calculate anything that the electronic calculator can, it's just that the electronic calculator is quicker.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Think about it this way,hawkings has certain advantages in that his condition hugely limits his interactions in what would be considered "usual or traditional"dynamics,all being either related to physical interactions or the constellation of emotional and intellectual occurances that accompany any physical interaction.

He is able to uber-focus his mind and intellect.

His PERSPECTIVE ALLOWS THIS.

My having been abducted ,is equitable to his physical limitations in that MY PERSPECTIVE WAS FOREVER AND TOTALLY ALTERED after my experience,MY PERSPECTIVE WAS CHANGED.

It is a given that hawkings isnt going to shoot hoops with Shaq anytime soon,as it is obvious that I will never view any facet of my world the same--without considering and incorporating my NEW PERSPECTIVE OR REALITY.

I consider space flight and going to the moon to be REALLY SIMPLE,just a matter of technology,others think it is something special,it dumbfounds me because to me it is now a given and in retrospect I NOW WONDER WHY I EVER DOUBTED IT.

You see ONCE THE BELL HAS BEEN RUNG --IT CANNOT BE UN-RUNG.

Really think about it for a second and ask yourself which environment would seem harder to defeat or conquor,simple space or UNDERWATER,I will tell you probably water.

We have been lied to for goodness sakes,about a lot of simple basic things.

Anyway as hawkings will tell you if you ask him,we all exist in a cumulative reality based on our own individual perspectives ability to blend and morph with the perspectives of other humans.

If you cant get it you can learn it and if you learn it YOU HAVE TO ACCEPT THE POSSIBILITYS THAT NEW KNOWLEDGE OPENS UP FOR YOU OR YOU EXIST IN A STATE OF DENIAL.

wHAT WE HAVE HERE IS A FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE ---these new ideas or possibilities to our PRESENT REALITY,something keeps us ignorant of the facts even when presented with the correct input.

Something is wrong.

Having been there,it is hard to listen to such educated people MISSING THE BOAT LIKE I DID.

Why is space more complicated than being underwater?

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I thought this series was amazing. Only problem with it was he had me wanting more.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Great series. Only problem is I wanted to see more.

posted on Jun, 28 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
i, for one, believe steven is 100% right on this particular issue.

i believe ET exists.

End Transmission,
ET

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join