It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking says Aliens exist

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
Well when someone like Stephen Hawkins says that aliens are real,it sounds different to the common people who usually laugh with the idea.

Make no mistake, the only reason why Hawkins became so prominent lately was only because he is from the pro-we are alone- camp many so called establishment science folks belong to.

We shouldn't be surprised that conditions in the universe are suitable for life, but this is not evidence that the universe was designed to allow for life. We could call order by the name of God, but it would be an impersonal God. There's not much personal about the laws of physics.

-Quoted in "Leaping the Abyss" (April 2002) by Gregory Benford, in Reason Magazine

I am discounting reports of UFOs. Why would they appear only to cranks and weirdos?

For him to come out with the recent statement that Alien life exists is a distinctive embarassing turn around from that camp.

What is more important was the work done by many of the other UFOlogists who had tirelessly worked hard, sacrificed much, some even their lives to let the world know the truth, so much that the establishment knew they can hide it no longer.

If without such courageous men, the science establishment would have gladly continued to treat mankind as mushrooms and fed with BS, they were they lied with climategate.

There is still much to do for full disclosure of Intentions.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
Make no mistake, the only reason why Hawkins became so prominent lately was only because he is from the pro-we are alone- camp many so called establishment science folks belong to.

You mean his groundbreaking work on black holes and all the other great physics he's done over thirty years or so wasn't the reason?

And the massive physical handicaps he has to overcome to work - to stay alive, even - don't have anything to do with it either?

:shk:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RWM88
reply to post by PhotonEffect

I don't think now is the time to send messages in to space for two reasons

1) If ET received our messages and appeared today, we would have no means of defending ourselves if worst came to worst.
2) The ET's would arrive and see that planet Earth is the civic equivalent of a retarded bird with no wings that can barely communicate with itself.

It's not the kind of state you want to be in when engaging with advanced lifeforms.

I'd rather engage with advanced lifeforms when we are advanced and developed enough to ensure our place among the stars.

I take this extra caution because there is only one human race and we only have one ship we sail on at the moment. I believe we can't afford to take risks until we are quite highly advanced and developed, socially, culturally and technologically.

This seems perfectly reasonable, although I'm not sure we'll see these things happen in our lifetime

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phantom traveller
Well when someone like Stephen Hawkins says that aliens are real,it sounds different to the common people who usually laugh with the idea.

Not to try to contact them because they will destroy us....tooooooooo Hollywood.By the way we don't need aliens to destroy us.....we can do it ourselves

I think people are looking into this way more than they need to. As some have already said "no #" since he is basically just talking odds here. We all understand that given 100 billion galaxies you will have a huge number of possibilities for alien life including the intelligent space faring type, so we are just talking a numbers game with zero revelations as part of it.

Also as some have said if they are so advance that distance, such as 1000 if not millions of light years, is not a factor, plus have the ability to detect us then it really doesn’t matter if they are friendly or not since we would not be able to affect them in anything they decide to do good or bad.

Hawking once again plays the numbers game with saying “hey they can be detrimental to the human race”, and so we again say ”no #” since if they are advance enough to get to us then they are well beyond our ability to stop them from doing whatever they choose to do.

Were though I think lies the subtle point in all this to where we don’t feel like doing a face palm to the forehead is with the inbetweeners, and what I mean by that is the chance of a race that is not advance enough to detect us, but have just reached the point of possible distant travel to reach us, and in this case we might be inviting someone to dinner and we are the main course so to speak, or at least our planet could be. We already understand with ourselves that greater technology doesn’t also create greater enlightenment, and so a race that can travel great distances doesn’t mean they have evolved past wanting to still use violence.

In any case we would need to be extremely lucky, or unlucky, to have some race in that position and be relatively close enough to affect us.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
Once again, Matrix Rising confuses skepticism about aliens visiting the Earth with a disbelief in alien life. Only in the closed-minds of people like Matrix Rising are they one in the same. While there is no doubt among scientists and skeptics that we are not the only intelligent life in the universe, Matrix Rising continues to accuse them of not believing in extraterrestrial life. It demonstrates the depths of her ignorance and closed-mindedness.

This forum has been infiltrated like your churches, governments, businesses, militaries, and even your families. Yes some people have innocently been tricked by the MK-Ultra super conditioning of the masses, but there are many knowingly pushing the NWO's "alien agenda" and "alien gospel". They don't care about money as much any more. Number one is getting your soul! Now the key is making people accept the idea that "aliens" showing up just in time for 2012 +/- 2 years is perfectly co-incidental. The NWO coming into realisation just in time for 2012 +/- 2 years is perfectly co-incidental. Listen to Hawking, and avoid these grigori at all costs! And remember there is no such thing as "co-incidence".

Their 6 main NWO goals now:
1.Keep you from believing in the one true God and His Word
2.Keep you from knowing you are about to enter the Tribulation
3.Get you chipped by RFID Positive ID verichips and/or Somark tattoos
4.GET YOU TO ACCEPT THE "ALIEN" AGENDA & "ALIEN" GOSPEL
5.Get you to accept the coming New Age one world religion
6.Terminating all dissidents against the above 5 goals.

This person shows a few more signs of critical thinking skills:
www.ufo-blogger.com...

Watch as the coming fake "alien" invasion/disclosure talk and sightings really start to pick up in frequency, intensity, and importance in the coming months... WAKE UP!

[edit on 30-4-2010 by AliensAreDemons]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AliensAreDemons

This forum has been infiltrated alright - by the deluded minions of David Icke and others (you for example) pushing equally demented derivates of his work.

[edit on 30-4-2010 by cripmeister]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Stephen Hawking to be on Larry King tonight. CNN, 4-30-10, 8:00pm, U.S./CST. As they say, check your local listing's.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
reply to post by 11118

Extraterrestrials comprehend the pure simple and powerful truth. Everything, including them, and us, is the Creator creating of itself in perpetuity.

Is this a statement of fact, or just conjecture on your part? To me it looks like you are presenting a statement of fact….

I can assure you they have been here before, they are benevolent.

Another statement of fact on your part…
What privities do you have of these facts, a higher level of conscience? That is why I suggest the rest of us are ignorant.

Not only that but there is a quarantine like I said, ancient civilizations were given such advanced information that lead to self-destruction and thus the quarantine was set in place.

Another factual statement on your part that aliens have been here before, how do you know?

I’ll go back to my post in saying how do you present such undeniable facts with what evidence we have available? So this means you either have more, or you have as much as the old lady has about her cat….hehe

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Xtrozero]

I never said what I said is authentic in the sense that is factual.

You don't have to believe a word I say. I'm not trying to convince anyone, they can find their own truths; finding your own truth is greater than someone finding it for you.

I am ingenuously giving information that reflects the essential or genuine character of extraterrestrial reality. Whether you believe me or not does not matter. Adding to this thread is what I have chosen to do, you can ignore all my statements.

Whether I am an old lady who thinks that my cat has been impregnated by "Aliens" or not I do not have the slightest care or worry.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

Well then I apologize for reading into your post in that way.

I am ingenuously giving information that reflects the essential or genuine character of extraterrestrial reality. Whether you believe me or not does not matter. Adding to this thread is what I have chosen to do, you can ignore all my statements.

The point is I would like to follow your posts, but extraterrestrial reality is very limited, unless you have further information about it, or have greater abilities to be aware of things the rest of us are not. As example, how do you know a planet is alive?

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Well then I apologize for reading into your post in that way.

The point is I would like to follow your posts, but extraterrestrial reality is very limited, unless you have further information about it, or have greater abilities to be aware of things the rest of us are not. As example, how do you know a planet is alive?

Humanity, the majority that is, see's that anything living must fit a certain criteria; the usual being that a living entity must a be a bio-chemical distillery and thus be conscious. This would be true on this planet, and true to the human definition; however, for something to not be "living" (once again in human terms), does not mean it is not conscious. The entire Universe is One singularly conscious entity that creates in perpetuity - of itself.

Extraterrestrials comprehend the pure simple and powerful truth. Everything, including them, and us, is the Creator creating of itself in perpetuity. They do not need technology to overcome advanced feats that we think is only possible with technology. Their awareness of what is, is far outside of the box of most Humans.

The Creation is the Creator. This is why they won't be destroying us, this is why they don't need our "resources", how humorous for many Humans to think this way about such advanced sentient beings that watch over us.

Humanity is living in such fear, instead of opening in Love and acceptance of each other. This fear is what divides the people of earth and causes a vast array of morbid occurrences.

This previous post touches lightly on the reality of the situation.

You contain far greater a power than does any current technology.

Many are waking up to what they have forgotten.

Take with you the information that you find feels right and let the rest fall behind.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by 11118]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Humanity, the majority that is, see's that anything living must fit a certain criteria; the usual being that a living entity must a be a bio-chemical distillery and thus be conscious. This would be true on this planet, and true to the human definition; however, for something to not be "living" (once again in human terms), does not mean it is not conscious. The entire Universe is One singularly conscious entity that creates in perpetuity - of itself.

Though I can see that the universe might be conscious, I don't see it as a conscious that humans can understand in anyway. I do not see the universe as perpetual or at least the reality we live in as perpetual. A big bang followed by a big crunch 50 billion years later may just be one exhale and a inhale, but our universe will end even if a new one is started all over again.

With that said all of this is so far out of our area of influence that it has little or no meaning to us. Other life that we can physically interact with in some way is really the only life of concern.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I think Mr. Hawking's message is the same as it's always been...

Listening is ok, but if we broadcast ourselves, not only do we announce it to potential friends, but to potential enemies as well, and since there is no way to "take it back", we should be careful in making such an announcement to the Universe...

(Although, I'd argue that it's already too late...)

Here Here!
I'll second that notion. We don't know whats out there.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Though I can see that the universe might be conscious, I don't see it as a conscious that humans can understand in anyway. I do not see the universe as perpetual or at least the reality we live in as perpetual. A big bang followed by a big crunch 50 billion years later may just be one exhale and a inhale, but our universe will end even if a new one is started all over again.

With that said all of this is so far out of our area of influence that it has little or no meaning to us. Other life that we can physically interact with in some way is really the only life of concern.

An inhale and an exhale, very nice; but more like an Infinite heart beat. In Each beat of that heart a beat you are contained, indefinitely - this is what I convey when I say in perpetuity.

The sun shines it's light to you and all else without anything in return, is this not friendly non-terrestrial interaction? The sun is not some lifeless ball of burning gas that is there just by coincidence.

Most of Humanity is blind to this, this is why there will not be the tangible interaction betwixt those who are already here and have been the whole time; although, in my opinion the possibility/probability of this happening on a mass scale is impending.

You can make personal contact; however, you may not need to for an extraterrestrial may be closer than you think.

[edit on 1-5-2010 by 11118]

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
[B] is the theory
The truth is hidden on UFOs and ET.
Do let me wonder. Let us explain with pictures.

A presentation is worth a million words.
A movie that is worth millions.

A picture is worth a thousand words. Below [/ b]

COMMENT free: in pictures
UFO truth

Invisible show.
ideas of ownership.
Search. Write your idea.
Detail the rest.
All true.
That's it.

[Img] i991.photobucket.com... [/ img]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
It would be extremely interesting if they found animals on other planets that are currently extinct on Earth or something like that.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

--

Out there?

Sometimes I tend to agree with the misinformed as I respect different considerations. But EBEs, is now like taffy w/out sugar.

Their here and I suggest anyone on this Alien forum, misinformed come back after a wee-bit of research. Gosh, what a great thread OP.

Decoy

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Stephen Hawking says that mathematically, considering the size of the universe, it is probable that intelligent life may exist else where. However to say that is a fact considering we have never even found concrete evidence of the simplest form of life anywhere else in the universe is a bit of a stretch. There are too many unknowns in this equation to make a valid hypothesis. First unknown variable? Size of the universe. Science tells us that the universe is 156 billion light years wide. Assuming this number is accurate what do we have to compare it to? In the grand scheme of things this could be an infinitely large or infinitely small value. To us humans this seems extremely vast, probably because we consider ourselves extremely important even if we don’t like admitting it. Likewise we compare everything in the universe to ourselves. Consider this though what if elsewhere in the infinity of existence there are much greater beings than us? What if you could fit all 156 billion light years of our universe into one of these beings shirt pockets? All of a sudden our universe becomes extremely small and the chance of other life in it becomes mathematically unlikely.

My guess? I believe there is probably life elsewhere in the universe.

My point? It is impossible for anyone to prove it because we are limited by our feeble human minds. Even a beautiful feeble human mind like Mr. Hawking’s. Until alien beings show up on our door step all one can do is guess

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
If there was proof that there was alliens visiting earth do you think the powers in charge would tell you about it or would it be kept secret for the sake of mankind ..

The implications of other life forms and there knoledge of where man has come from could have a huge effect on mankind and his beliefs.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by vigil gregor

I believe that if possible the government would keep it secrete. However I also believe our government in all there power would not be able to hide such a secrete if in fact intelligent life elsewhere in the universe decided to suddenly make us aware of their existence. I believe an advanced being cable of traveling across the space time continuum could probably circumvent our puny government

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I'm not really sure why Hawking's belief should hold any more weight than anyone else's. It's not backed up by any sort of evidence or mathematical equations, but rather it's pure speculation - and not particularly sophisticated speculation at that. I certainly expected more from him.

Nobody seems to want to explore the possibilities of Aliens actually being... alien. They either want to dismiss their potential existence out of hand or anthropomorphize their physiology, intellect, and motivation. A very narrow, homo-centric view that makes for polarizing, fruitless discussion.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join