It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate bill placed on hold over Senate dispute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Climate bill placed on hold over Senate dispute

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON – Long-awaited climate change legislation was put on hold by its authors Saturday when a dispute over immigration politics and Senate priorities threatened to unravel a bipartisan effort that took months of work.

Voicing regrets, Sen. John Kerry said Saturday he is postponing the much anticipated unveiling of comprehensive energy and climate change legislation scheduled for Monday. The Massachusetts Democrat made his announcement after a key partner in drafting the bill, Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, threatened to withhold support if Senate Democratic leader
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
So another battle for amnesty.

Last time, Bush wanted to pass amnesty, the bill was HORRIBLE. Each illegal immigrant would have been given legal status, those who already had committed crimes could still be legalized if they signed a pledge to not commit crimes, yes even known gang members would have been legalized. But that is not all, each illegal immigrant could bring (if I remember correctly) 8 members of his family living in another country and they would have been made legal... So 12-30 millions illegals X 8...you do the math.

Now I know this will sound crazy... but I think they are capable of doing an even worse bill than the last time...

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yea, Obama is in panic mode, scrambling for the Latino vote.

I touched on it here a bit, and found what I think will probably reflect any new immigration bill introduced.

join