It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So where's Obama? Not at the Gathering of Nations!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Here's the thing at the start of the year Obama stated he wanted to build better relations with we Native Americans right...

Well this weekend marks the start of the Gathering of Nations down here in Albuquerque... a gathering of 500 tribes making this one of the largest events of its kind... but no Obama??? Seems this would have been the perfect opportunity to get know us... yet nothing... I can understand why Joe Biden didn't come out...(His picture is in the dictionary next to the word white) but where is Obama?

Don't tell me he's scared of a few (Thousand) Red skins holding our annual Pow Wow? or maybe were not worthy??? ah who cares, its more fun without him and his secret service agents right? SO who wants fry bread

Everyone Pow-Wow

[edit on 24-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Hello,
Man, am I one paranoid freak or what? I'm watching the video and thinking to myself the reason why the fearless leader ain't attending is because he knows not to go where a chemical attack is going to take place...Just like the way the pentagon was hit where "construction" just happened to be, and very few were in that area of the building during the missile attack.

Be safe, and don't forget you can use a towel or shirt to cover your eyes nose and mouth if such an event takes place. Remember to dowse it with clean water beforehand. I hope that will increase your chances of surviving. I'll be on the edge of my seat until I know this pow-wow was not attacked, and everyone is safe, and healthy.

The feds have never been decent towards the natives. Good luck, friend.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I have a special place in my heart for the Native Americans. I hope you guys the best, i wish i was Native American. I have been to a Native American Festival a few years ago in North Carolina and it opened my eyes to many things. I was at the Native American Festival a few years ago in DC when they opened the amazing Native American Museum in DC and i was turned on to your most amazing music which i listen to all the time. Take care!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hello,
sorry about my previous post...
You know what?
All the different native tribes can teach the rest of the world how to behave with fellow nations.
Every nation comes together to celebrate, I say celebrate because there is music and dancing. Pardon me for being ignorant and not knowing exactly what a POWWOW is.
Thanks for the link, I'm off to do some learning...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

OP, I miss my Ojibwa (Chippewa the Americanized name) girl. It has been several years since she has been gone. I have not really had a real relationship since. Really miss getting together with her family and friends.

Obama and all the politicians are just that, politicians.

Promises are meant to be broken by them. The centuries will not change that.

It is time to take back the power from the government and put it where it belongs, in the people.

I will smoke some tobacco now, as a sign of solidarity to you and the gathering.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Don’t get me wrong here... I'm not in the least surprised or disappointed in Obama's failure to make an appearance... but...

I find it odd that we did have a UN delegation visit; met some nice people from China and France and had an awkward conversation with a Russian who speaks as little English as I do Russian... We have a number of Buddhist monks this year, their hard to miss in their saffron robes ya know.

It's just with such a big international turn out you would think someone from Washington would drop in just for the photo opp??? Maybe were too close to the Mexican border for comfort??? Of course Washington is still saying there’s no problem down there so…

By the way, I ate way to much good food yesterday... Might have to stay home unless I can get my belt to buckle again...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Obama went "camping" in the area around Asheville, NC of course. Then come Monday, it's back on the campaign trail. He has got his hands full trying to inflate all of the deflated Dem. windbags who are up for reelection while selling the nation on his agenda at the same time.

The poor fella doesn't have time to be Presidential...

Do you really want him there anyway?? He would just turn the event into another sales stump speech thus degrading the meaning of the Gathering.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Ya know if he did show up maybe we could have taught him to dance???

Anyway here's a vid from last years "Grand Entry" maybe someone will email it to him so he can see what he missed out on.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Okay now I'm insulted

Today, President Barack Obama will finally meet evangelist Billy Graham. This will be Graham's 12th president to pray with and the first sitting president ever to visit Graham's mountaintop log cabin in Montreat.
but he wont come here???
Link to story

there's something wrong with this picture

[edit on 25-4-2010 by DaddyBare]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Obama is in West Virginia today attending a memorial for the killed miners.

I'll give him a pass.

www.foxnews.com...

President Obama will deliver a eulogy Sunday to honor the memories of the 29 workers who died in a West Virginia coal mine explosion earlier this month, while pledging to improve safety conditions in one of America's most dangerous professions.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If he were to attend there, he would then be obligated to attend every gathering of every other nationality for whatever the reason.

In addition, he would be wise to not make any public appearances in the "Red" regions of the country like the South without EXTREME protection and security in place. Democrats down there are viewed as evil Antichrists and demons by the majority of the uneducated public who consist mostly of extremely superstitious right-wing conservative rebellious nothing-to-live-for-lunatics with suitcases of firearms every where they travel. I would go NOWHERE near the South if I were him unless if he drove there in a tank.

new topics

top topics

join