It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did the X-37 crash in Needles?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm referring to the 2008 accounts. I know the government isn't admitting it, but this is one UFO crash/retrieval story that's pretty much solved as far as I'm concerned. The big question for me is, why did the X-37 come down there? Was it a navigational error? If so, maybe that's the reason for the secrecy. Maybe NASA hasn't worked out all the bugs just yet.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Flatwoods]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Interesting since I never heard of it, but some sources and more information would be appreciated.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Groom Lake
Edwards AFB
And all the places around the area it could have been heading to. It can fly by its self so its no wonder it can crash by its self. No big conspiracy that they wanted to collect the wreckage. What an expensive bug testing procedure....

Along the river there are a few "astronaut Nezca like" displays that you can see from the air built long ago by ancient Hopi Indians. Not to count the numerous "spaceman" petroglyph you can find about anywhere in that area. So who knows, it may be a good spot for UFO watching.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I can't find anything that ties the X-37 to whatever happened in Needles. In fact, everything I can find indicates that whatever happened in Needles (and no, I don't really have a clue what it was), it wasn't the X-37. For one thing, the X-37 program (not to be confused with the X-37B) ended in 2006. For another, the closest thing we have to an eye witness to the Needles crash described the object as "the size of a semi-trailer"...even accounting for eyewitness exaggeration, that's 'way larger than the X-37A vehicle.

Barring some evidence that the X-37 was involved in the Needles incident, the original question is moot.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
This is the report about a blue glowing craft that crashed along a riverside
yes?

If so what happened to the witness on the boat who disappeared?any
update?

This just vanished off the boards!It was retrieved by one
of those crate carrier helicopters wasn't it?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

I'm talking about this: Needles UFO crash

Here's another good info site: Needles video

From the eyewitness accounts, the object was located by army helicopters fairly quickly, which tells me it had a beacon of some kind. I would expect that if it were a military spacecraft. Clearly, the military was testing a top-secret high-altitude lifting body, and the X-37 (or X-37B) fits that description nicely.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flatwoods
reply to post by Grey Magic

I'm talking about this: Needles UFO crash

Here's another good info site: Needles video

From the eyewitness accounts, the object was located by army helicopters fairly quickly, which tells me it had a beacon of some kind. I would expect that if it were a military spacecraft. Clearly, the military was testing a top-secret high-altitude lifting body, and the X-37 (or X-37B) fits that description nicely.

It probably was an atmospheric flight that went wrong, and likely a scale version.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Yes that is the crash i have been trying to find for some time!

There was a witness to the crash on a boat who disappeared not
long after seeing the purple glowing craft get whipped away.
just wondered if there was any updates on what went down?

this is a prime example of how things ARE kept from the public.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well,I don't believe it was a man made craft that was observed in the Needles incident.

Unless some one can give another example of a secret experimental craft produced by the TPTB that crashed outside a government owned area in recent years.

Witnesses have stated that the object was the size of a semi-truck/trailer and that it bounced when it hit the ground.

Not crashed in to a thousand pieces,but bounced.

The only reason the people who showed up were there so quickly is because by its trajectory,they knew where it was going to come down.

Amazing that we have the technology to figure out where a inbound object coming in to the atmosphere is going to land isn't it?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
For some reason, The OST (Office of Secure Transportation), which is a division of the NNSA (National Nuclear Security Agency), which is a branch of the Department of Energy, was apparently involved in the alleged crash/recovery.

The NNSA is a little known and secretive but technically not secret government agency that handles security of our nation's nuclear weapons and nuclear materials. The OST is a division of the NNSA that handles security of these nuclear weapons/materials while in transport.

I can't see why the NNSA would be involved, unless whatever supposedly crashed either had nuclear weapons or nuclear technology on board, such as nuclear propulsion. I could even speculate that they may have lost some nuclear materials by the nature of their involvement and subsequent behaviors after the crash/recovery. Of course, this is just conjecture on my part, as far as lost materials. Anyhow, if nuclear technologies or weapons were not onboard whatever allegedly crashed, why would this government agency, the NNSA, be involved? I'll also note that the government's position on their involvement is that it is purely coincidental and that the agency was there for other reasons but I find this explanation to be extremely unbelievable.

Anyway, here is a series of videos from a local news channel that did a great investigation on this crash, the recovery and involement of the NNSA and OST: www.ufo-blogger.com...
Although it looks as if the news station is back peddling and "buying" the government explanation, I find their investigation on the crash/recovery and the NNSA involvement to be very informative and I reccomend that anyone interested in this incident to watch these news reports.

In sum, I believe that whatever crashed, if anything at all, probably had either nuclear weapons or nuclear technology onboard and possibly could have lost some nuclear materials during the crash. This would explain the heavy interest and involvement from the NNSA. To be honest, I find it more plausible that the recovered object had nuclear technology, rather than nuclear weapons, for several reasons and I also find it highly plausible that some nuclear materials/technologies could have been lost in the crash, sparking the observed behaviors and apparent interest of the NNSA. Just my 2 cents.
--airspoon

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
Yes that is the crash i have been trying to find for some time!

There was a witness to the crash on a boat who disappeared not
long after seeing the purple glowing craft get whipped away.
just wondered if there was any updates on what went down?

this is a prime example of how things ARE kept from the public.

A blue or purple glow.

Perhaps some wave emanation from the craft drive system
affecting our vision.

ED: UFO blurry photo has been thought to be vibrations from
the craft that the eye does not track and thus is un affected.
Yet we get saw a metallic craft but video shows a blur.

[edit on 4/28/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The "turquoise" color is interesting, and lends credence to the possibility this was some kind of military test craft. From the details of the sighting, this certainly seems the most plausible scenario... Seems pure speculation to state the TYPE of craft though, with such little info to go on.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
can we have a date put to this? or even better a time?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I spent more than 10 years on the US military Nuclear Accident Incident Response and Assistance (NAIRA) Operations team as well as the NAIC team. One team deals with weapons and the other deals with.....well........let's just say.......unknowns for want of a different term.

You can check out their manuals if you want to know more.

NAIC Manual

NAIRA Manual

If either of these teams was used for the recovery, It would definitely involve nuclear material. Recovering that type of aircraft / spacecraft would be similar to a "broken arrow" mission. The power source for propulsion must be nuclear. These teams don't just wander around the desert looking for stuff to recover. They are very specialized.

[edit on 21/5/10 by FactFinder]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is now being discussed by Springer here.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

top topics

join