It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid wants to bring forth Immigration Legislation!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Breaking Report:

Harry Reid wants to usher in a immigration bill before any of the other bills that were supposed to be up for debating and voting.

These crony liberals are at it again like they did with the HCR, We need to organize into town halls again and shut their agenda down.

Key Senator on Climate Change Rips Reid for Shifting Focus to Immigration

Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham blasted Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid on Saturday for apparently putting immigration reform ahead of climate change as a Senate priority.

"I appreciate the work of Sen. Graham on both of these issues and understand the tremendous pressure he is under from members of his own party not to work with us on either measure," he said. "But I will not allow him to play one issue off of another, and neither will the American people. They expect us to do both, and they will not act accept the notion that trying to act on one is an excuse for not acting on the other."

"Let's be clear, a phony, political effort on immigration today accomplishes nothing but making it exponentially more difficult to address in a serious, comprehensive manner in the future," he said.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Bring it on.

Let's get this issue addressed once and for all.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
If the congress has any balls left because the only one who is rolling balls right now is Pelosi, they should let any immigration bill be put up for a NATIONAL REFERENDUM.

Put any immigration bill up for a national vote and let us the citizens of the USA decide.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Finally comprehensive immigration reform. It needs to be done, and you want to fight against it because of labels and generalizations. Sit and be at peace, the nation needs immigration reform. Leave your yelling and angry faces at home. Call your congressman, senators, and local representatives so that you may have your opinion heard about what you desire to see in the bill.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Seems like Arizona is forcing the dems hand. The repubs want the illegals with no rights for cheap labor and the dems want to give them amnesty for the votes,now we shall see how the wind blows. Of course right now the dems have the power to exert their will since they have the majority but they will pay dearly come November,by then it will be too late though.

[edit on 4/24/10 by nickoli]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

We need to organize into town halls again and shut their agenda down.

You mean how you used fear to successfully kill the health care bill? Oh wait......That's right, it didn't work.

How does it feel to be the pawn of big business?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

You mean how you used fear to successfully kill the health care bill? Oh wait......That's right, it didn't work.

Don't you realize troll, the fear was created by your side. The bill was read by ours. And your pathetic side had to beg for each every vote with behind the room shady deals, shady promises, and the POTUS signing a fake promise note.

Lets see the congress put this up for national voting by the voters. Have some guts to ask your congressman to do that.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by brianmg5

If the health care bill is against big business interests than why, pray tell, do Democrats receive lobbying money from pharmaceutical and insurance companies?

Hell, explain to me why the women who ran as a Dem for Kennedy's vacated seat (I forget her name) was being supported by the largest pharmaceutical companies and the largest insurance companies?

Do you want to know why?

Because the Republicans and the Democrats are pawns of big business, special interest groups, other countries, and banks.

The health care bill, which in reality does nothing for someones health care but their health INSURANCE, was just an insurance overhaul. An overhaul that can effectively be seen as the bail out bill for health insurance companies.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

We don't agree on most things but I will agree with you on this. 2 party system owned by one global elite system.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

What you afraid of?

Afraid of Congress passing a bill that doesn't parallel with Arizona's.

Let Congress do its job just like the Arizona legislature. Once a bill is passed your free to call it unconstitutional.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ohhh, NOW they care.

If you ask me, Reid is a day late and a dollar short.

Where were they before AZ passed this law?

I say leave it up to the states to pass their own state laws regarding illegals.

If one state says they want illegals there, then by all means, let that state have them. Cause the border states are sick and tired of having to deal with this issue while the rest of the nation sits there and tells us about how bad we are for pushing this and how good they(illegals) are for just wanting to come here for "a better life" while at the same time destroying ours. This has been going on for WAY too long.

The states are apparantly the only ones who can get things done around here.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by SpectreDC

We don't agree on most things but I will agree with you on this. 2 party system owned by one global elite system.

I've been kicking myself in the ass for actually supporting the federal government over state government on this AZ immigration law.

And frankly, this whole thing stinks to me.

The reason being that every politician in the south knows for a fact that this law would be repealed.

I mean there's precedent down on it, there's no way they can't have known.

Either the AZ governor foresaw DC switching its attention to immigration reform if she passed this into law or this was planned by the powers that be and another authoritarian coercive maneuver will be pushed on us.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
They wanna legalize these folks before they kicked to the curb in November.
Now we will have 11 million more getting free obama care.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
In regards to the Health care discussion taking place in this thread, lets keep in mind that there is an ACTUAL benefit to the HCR bill for many deserving hard-working legal citizens. NOW, when it comes to ILLEGALS in this country THERE IS NOBODY BENEFITING, AND NO REAL WINNERS because of them. Lets not get the HCR bill involved here. ILLEGALS GOT TO GO ASAP!!

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Captain_Sense]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Well, which is it?

First people cry about they take advantage of the system and now they want to whine about them being given permission to stay here and contribute to the system.

Go figure.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Loken68

Well, which is it?

First people cry about they take advantage of the system and now they want to whine about them being given permission to stay here and contribute to the system.

Go figure.

Spoken like a true liberal dem...far far away from any border state, especially AZ, CA.
Two states almost destroyed by Clinton's amnesty programs.
Your high and moral stance is a waste of time because while you go about your daily business, the hispanics are breeding 24/7...dude

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Granite

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Loken68

Well, which is it?

Go figure.

Spoken like a true liberal dem...far far away from any border state, especially AZ, CA.
Two states almost destroyed by Clinton's amnesty programs.
Your high and moral stance is a waste of time because while you go about your daily business, the hispanics are breeding 24/7...dude

Clinton's amnesty???!!!!

Sorry, your favorite liberal ronnie is where you need to point your finger.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Reagan's amnesty dealt with those that already had or were assimilating into America...the good people.
Clinton's was warned not to do it by those same good people...why?
The answer is they are "lowlife".

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   

This is your 4th thread on this issue since 4-21, all seem to be b*tchin about "illegals", yet now when the federal government wants to bring up some legislation, you panties get in a wad? Do you want them to ignore it some more? I'm confused.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip

This is your 4th thread on this issue since 4-21, all seem to be b*tchin about "illegals", yet now when the federal government wants to bring up some legislation, you panties get in a wad? Do you want them to ignore it some more? I'm confused.

The only one that has gotten their granny panties in a wad seems to be you.

Whats your addy? I'll send you some new poka dot granny panties to flaunt around in.

Thanks for your input...much love grans.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join