It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can I slow down time with my mind? and other questions I would like answered.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Novise
reply to post by PuRe EnErGy

As much as I liked your post, there is more than one way to make time seem to slow down. I liked how you said my way wasn't the only way, but then you act like yours is the only, maybe out of haste and you didn't mean such.

Unless you think NLP is the only path to any mental state.. oh well that's absurd I give you the benefit of the doubt.

There are a ton of ways to make happen every question he asked.

That's what I'm saying is that there are many ways we come to these states of mind, but it isn't necessary to endure the process that produced that state of mind. There are accident and drug free ways of achieving these states... That are safer.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

www.scientificamerican.com...

In addition, the participants were taught to associate each photograph with a distinct sound—say, a chirp, ring, buzz or tone—that was related to the image. For example, the sound of an object hitting the water accompanied a picture of a splash. The participants then took a nap lasting for up to 90 minutes in an easy chair in the laboratory. As they dozed, the investigators exposed the subjects to 25 distinct sounds—the ones they had associated with half of the photographs. When the nappers woke up, they again tried to move each of the 50 photographs to its previously assigned spot on a screen. The sounds did seem to have an effect on memory for location: subjects were far more accurate at placing the pictures they had previously associated with the sounds played during their nap than they were at locating pictures for which they had not heard cues during slumber. The researchers surmise that the noises reinvigorate a complex web of neural connections that comprise our memories and thus strengthen them.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by drew hempel

pretty interesting article

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Right tie it back into what I said about time as sound frequency!

So our subconscious is accessed for increased memory by synchronized sound frequency....

And consciousness can then bend time beyond our sleep state.

I got a lot of research on this:

naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

1. It is well known that in very high adrenaline situations time seems to "slow down." Is there a way I can get this effect without the adrenaline? Is there a form of meditation for this "matrix effect."

Yes you can. Just take pan and fill it with water. Heat it up and take a seat.
Keep watching untill it cooks. Wanna bet it will take ages.

2. How can I give myself some very weird dreams?

3. How can I effectively give myself night vision?
Magicly transform into a cat or buy some night vision goggels.

4. How can I speed up time to get through boring things?

Start making fun.

5. Is it possible to see kinetic energy? and if so, how?

Yes but only if it interacts with somthing real. Dunno how.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
--Fall asleep with a nicotine patch on. your dreams will be seriously messed up.

also, 10 Tricks to play on your brain

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
1. How can I slow down time?

1. Meditation in everything.
2. Mugwort and other things.
3. Eat carrots, use red light, and wait 40 minutes.
4. Distraction.
5. Yes, by rolling a ball.

Didn't bother to read anything else.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I would like to make a list of questions I have on what I can do with my mind. No references to anything illegal please. Answer as many as you would like, or none at all.

1. It is well known that in very high adrenaline situations time seems to "slow down." Is there a way I can get this effect without the adrenaline? Is there a form of meditation for this "matrix effect."

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Phlynx]

Just a generalised answer. Mind games torment your mind. I'm told meditation helps in quietening the mind. I'm not a medical doctor, but mind or the brain produces its own adrenalin under certain conditions or circumustances. Every1 dreams. Boring things, why do them.
Most of all since your bottom line is time, Don't ever go near a machine that is known to alter time.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by savvys84]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Phlynx]

Sorry for necro.

1. I did this a few times in specific circumstances. But it was probably a brain fart. Can't duplicate sorry.

2. Lucid dreaming or sleep deprivation works. Google lucid dreaming.

3. No idea

4. NLP or self hypnosis probably

5. No idea

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join