It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO mystery will never be resolved

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Is it your lot in life to direct traffic? Ill go where I like thanks. My point is that I am not sure what "The Shrike" has taken issue with on my post, which was relatively balanced. I even agree with alot of what he has posted, none of which really contradicts what I posted.

I seek clarification as to why I was called ignorant, and why it was implied I had no common sense or logic.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I apologize for the misunderstanding. My comment was directed to "The Shrike" since it is he/she who took it upon his/her self to deem it neccessary to direct me to "git." My lot in life is to love my neighbor as myself.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
I agree with you. Nobody really cares anymore. No one wants to believe in UFOs or ETs.

In fact no one wants to believe in anything. Technology (with the nice little gadgets that come out of it) has become the new God.

I'm with you. As a matter of fact I'm really sick of all these gadgets especially those iphones.

Any way, enough of that rant.

The way I see it is the OP is for the most part correct. There are mighty powers that make sure no "proof" ever makes it to the light of day. One sure way to find yourself pushing up daisies out in the desert is to try to publicize a clear and up close UFO pic. Better hope you never do. Most who do get good pics do the smart thing and drop it.

Sometimes all it takes is a bit of ridicule to bury the proof. Get a few people together screaming hoax will usually do the trick. It's very easy because most people simply don't want to know what is out there even if it does exist. It's basically nasty news that ruins everybody's little world.

The ETs also want no part of disclosure. They know that nothing good can come from it. They are content to observe.

So to sum it up, the PTB do not want disclosure. Business and the general populace doesn't want it. Not even the ETs themselves. So forget it. It's not allowed.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel
reply to post by Cor Leonis

Is it your lot in life to direct traffic? Ill go where I like thanks. My point is that I am not sure what "The Shrike" has taken issue with on my post, which was relatively balanced. I even agree with alot of what he has posted, none of which really contradicts what I posted.

I seek clarification as to why I was called ignorant, and why it was implied I had no common sense or logic.

Let's say that you insulted me when you stated: "The universe is immense, the systems and planets in it are countless, to assume we are alone would be the height of human arrogance." I'm not arrogant, I'm a realist. And the reality is that we are alone. Since you assume that we are not alone, simply provide irrefutable evidence. for who you think is around equaling or bettering our reality. Saying it doesn't make it so.

You said: "Are they visiting us? I can see no reason why not." Well your reasoning is not enough. You're just expressing a fantasy devoid of evidence.

You continued: "If they are visiting us, would the governments try to cover it up? Absolutely. Lying and Cover up is as natural to a politician as breathing." Conspirational talk, again devoid of evidence.

You continued: "Will the government lurch out of the closet one day with a Grey alien in tow?" What is a grey alien? What evidence do you have for such a construct?

Finally you say: "More likely it would just end in some sort of holy war..." Just what the h__l do you know that allows you to express yourself the way you did? You really do not know anything, as you stated, but for some reason feel compelled to express.

That's why I said you need to learn common sense, logic, and reason. Lacking such, your reply is understandable.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
I apologize for the misunderstanding. My comment was directed to "The Shrike" since it is he/she who took it upon his/her self to deem it neccessary to direct me to "git." My lot in life is to love my neighbor as myself.

Because I hate religious proselytizing in a forum that has nothing to do with religion. It's the Aliens and UFOs forum and as such we discuss issues dealing with those 2 subjects. You, however, feel compelled to state that "However, I believe it is not going to be good news when the truth is known." Where do you get this from? What good news? From whom? About what? How do you know what the truth will be to make such a statement?

You continue: "I believe the world as a whole is being preped for a great delusion. Many in the UFO field are brainwashing the masses to believe that we were seeded here by "them." That is what the enemy of God wants people to believe." I find your statement to be ridiculous. Who's prepping the "whole world" for a great delusion? How do you know this? What sources can you quote? There is no god outside of your mind. There is no enemy of god! Oh, yeah, some atheists are the the enemies of your mind god because it's the religious that is ruining life for humans on this planet that don't accept mythical gods.

Finally: "I believe the Book of Daniel, calls them "watchers" There is an hiearchy of evil. They are Principalities, Powers, Rulers of the Darkness of this world and Spiritual wickedness in high places as the Book of Ephesians declares. They know that the time of the end is near. The enemy knows the Word of God forwards and backwards. They are not blind. They are deceiving spirits come to deceive." This is religious pap with no connection to reality let alone Aliens and UFOs. You don't see us going to the religious forums and trying to sell them on aliens and ufos, why must you do it here. Stick to the thread topic, it's safe ground.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
Let's say that you insulted me when you stated: "The universe is immense, the systems and planets in it are countless, to assume we are alone would be the height of human arrogance." I'm not arrogant, I'm a realist. And the reality is that we are alone. Since you assume that we are not alone, simply provide irrefutable evidence. for who you think is around equaling or bettering our reality. Saying it doesn't make it so.

Only an arrogant person would proclaim an entire universe he hasnt explored, devoid of life except his own primitive species(We have Jerry Springer, we are primitive I'm sorry). Our planet supports a multitude of life, even after extinction level events, because of its location in the solar system, and the elements abundant on it. To proclaim this combination impossible to replicate, even by remote chance, is arrogant. If it can occur once by chance, it can happen twice, given the trillions of opportunities for it to occur. Unless of course you now believe in God and a divine nature of our planets existance.

You said: "Are they visiting us? I can see no reason why not." Well your reasoning is not enough. You're just expressing a fantasy devoid of evidence.

Sorry but, my reasoning is enough for me, and for many others. Why? Because in many cases its backed up by witnessing an event. If you havent had a similar experience, then likewise you are expressing a fantasy devoid of experience.

You continued: "If they are visiting us, would the governments try to cover it up? Absolutely. Lying and Cover up is as natural to a politician as breathing." Conspirational talk, again devoid of evidence.

5 years in the Government, means I have seen it happen over the most mundane things. Watergate, Iran Contra, Mai Lai, The Plame Affair. Coverup and conspiracy do exist in this world. To deny it is to deny human failings.

You continued: "Will the government lurch out of the closet one day with a Grey alien in tow?" What is a grey alien? What evidence do you have for such a construct?

Grey Alien
Definition: Large eyed, grey skinned, hairless non human space creature, likely to abduct your loved ones. See Michael Jackson.

Finally you say: "More likely it would just end in some sort of holy war..." Just what the h__l do you know that allows you to express yourself the way you did? You really do not know anything, as you stated, but for some reason feel compelled to express.

This is what the hell I know.

Humanity has had holy wars over land and trinkets. We have world wars over resources & hate.

We are a species that murders our own based on their race or religion. I am certain there is enough stupidity on this planet to allow for another war if it encountered something truely alien on a wide scale.

Humanity you may have noticed isnt overflowing with tolerance.

I feel I am compelled to express that.

That's why I said you need to learn common sense, logic, and reason. Lacking such, your reply is understandable.

And thats why I say, right back at you my dear.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think a lot of people become interested in the UFO phenomena because it's inherently interesting to have a modern mystery - to have sightings of things that are genuinely unexplained. The need to know what these things actually are is compulsive.

But after a while, you become bogged down in the endless rounds of chinese whispers and rumours that make up the modern UFO mythology: the more you search for a distinct truth, the more you become mired in claim and counter-claim, heresay and speculation. Nowadays, with the internet, there are just too many people, with too many agendas, spreading all kinds of information with varying levels of credibility, all of which is difficult for the independent researcher to verify.

I think most people, myself included, just end up throwing up their arms in exasperation and saying "when they land on the White House lawn I'll sit up and take note - until then, I gotta go to work."

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by lavoisier

But after a while, you become bogged down in the endless rounds of chinese whispers and rumours that make up the modern UFO mythology: the more you search for a distinct truth, the more you become mired in claim and counter-claim, heresay and speculation. Nowadays, with the internet, there are just too many people, with too many agendas, spreading all kinds of information with varying levels of credibility"

I could not have put it better. Yes, we do have to get on with our life. Keeping an open mind is the best policy. If they do land in the Whitehouse garden then fine, all will be revealed. Until then, UFOs will tend to remain a 'personal' experience.

Every witness, including myself, will remember what he or she has seen and would have made their own notes. The experience is a personal one.

If UFOs are seen collectively by a large crowd, there will still be people referring to the phenomenon of mass hallucination, and so the nonsence carries on. In my original post I mentioned that after landing in the busy city , the UFO occupants would have to step out and kick a few of us in the groin. The point of this is to eliminate the idea of mass halucination .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join