It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO mystery will never be resolved

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by crowdedskies
Does anybody here know who they are? Does anyone know what awaits them after death ?

Hi crowdedskies.

I think I have formed myself during studying those subjects for many years now a pretty good idea of that, therefore I am convinced now that the things I know so far is how it really is.

That doesn't mean I know it all, I realize very well that what I know is just a grain of sand on an endless beach.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Just because it hasn't been resolved yet, is no reason to state unequivocally that it won't be...

For centuries, people thought the city of Troy was a legend. Now, it is archeological fact.

Mysteries can be resolved....some just take longer than others.

On the alien issue, assuming there is visitation, the aliens themselves could always decide to make their presence known, beyond a doubt... That would certainly resolve it, a landing for the press, ala "V" or something... So it COULD happen...

But, if we are truly being visited, then it is apparent the aliens desire secrecy also, so until that agenda changes...the OP's opinion is likely going to be the status of it, for some time to come...

Still, that doesn't mean we have to stop trying to solve it ourselves... Who doesn't love a good mystery?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Thanks for your response. I am always happy to know that there are people humble enough to admit that they know little but sufficiently confident to build a solid foundation.

Only if the ground on which you stand is strong will you be able to push higher. You seem to be doing this. if you have some interesting findings you want to share please let us know.

[edit on 29-4-2010 by crowdedskies]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thanks for a well-thought comment. There was a touch of sarcasm in my original post. I totally agree that the issue could be resolved as you suggest.

I, for one , have my own idea about this. I am also extremely glad that it has not yet been resolved. The world is simply not ready to know all truths and most people would have nothing to fall back on (not even religion). It would be like having the carpet pulled from under their feet.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cor Leonis

...Cor Leonis

I totally agree with you as far as hierarchy of evil is concerned. I also subscribe to the idea that UFOs are connected to demons. Nevertheless I still do my own investigations.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
I wouldn't say the mystery will never be solved, but more than likely not within our own lifetimes.

I agree with you. Whilst some of us may formulate the correct solution to the mystery, it will still be a subjective thing. It is our descendents who will face the revelation.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

..The Shrike

Please note that I am a keen UFO enthusiast. The tone of the original post's title was deliberate in order to provoke a reaction. I am pleased to say that all have responded in a very cool-headed way.

Perhaps it was my way of criticising the masses who will never resolve anything anyway.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I, for one , have my own idea about this. I am also extremely glad that it has not yet been resolved. The world is simply not ready to know all truths and most people would have nothing to fall back on (not even religion). It would be like having the carpet pulled from under their feet.

We humans are remarkably resilient though...it's one of our few saving graces...

I think we'd adapt easily enough, whether they were here to pack us up like tv dinners, (in which case we'd fight), or here to help us grow...

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Therefore imo , unless a creature steps out from a craft in the middle of a busy city road and kicks a few people in the groin and then flies off at light speed, we will never accept any footage as being authentic.

I agree, though not that people are not willing or able to accept the evidence. But until the proverbial landing on the White House lawn or we have a real live alien to talk to or some other sort of undeniable, incontrovertible proof make itself known, there will always be doubt. Even if tomorrow we found life on Mars or SETI is successful, there will still be doubt about it coming here. I have a terrible feeling our grandkids will be having this debate.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Therefore imo , unless a creature steps out from a craft in the middle of a busy city road and kicks a few people in the groin and then flies off at light speed, we will never accept any footage as being authentic.

I agree, though not that people are not willing or able to accept the evidence. But until the proverbial landing on the White House lawn or we have a real live alien to talk to or some other sort of undeniable, incontrovertible proof make itself known, there will always be doubt. Even if tomorrow we found life on Mars or SETI is successful, there will still be doubt about it coming here. I have a terrible feeling our grandkids will be having this debate.

Yes that is very much the case. People will be happy to believe once the proverbial landing has taken place. Until this happens there will be doubt. However, the doubt will be on the part of the masses. Keen UFO investigators will always have their own views and no doubt.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Here's the problem: once the ETs have landed and integrated themselves into human society, people and aliens will continue to see things they cannot identify. If it's not a human craft and it's not an ET craft, what is it? A UFO. The UFO mystery will never go away. Ever.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
hehe is this a joke
= The ufo mystery has been solved and informed on national tv\newspapers ect. You guys live in caves ?Shocking.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne
Some one knows about UFOs.
Well a whole lot of people must and for sure the pilots.

So whats the problem.
They are not here on ATS thats what.

I think the problem with pilots and astronauts is that they themselves experience an extra-terrestrial feeling each time they do stunts in their aircraft. They are a bit de-sensitised somewhat immune to the feeling of awe when they spot some unidentified objects.

Their frame of mind is slightly different from ours. They are trained to dodge missiles and expect the unexpected as they fly at twice the speed of sound or more.

Given their priorities and military training, it is not suprising that they do not pursue theories about each unidentified object they come across. They probably just do their duty to report what they have seen and would not be interested in discussing on ATS.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by crowdedskies

Here's the problem: once the ETs have landed and integrated themselves into human society, people and aliens will continue to see things they cannot identify. If it's not a human craft and it's not an ET craft, what is it? A UFO. The UFO mystery will never go away. Ever.

That's very true. You are bringing 'dimension' to the discussion. I can just imagine it , an ET standing next to a human and both scratching their head wandering what is that UFO they have just seen.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gaderel

I think it might be more worthwhile for you to sharpen your common sense, logic, and reason. Conspiracies are just that, mental exercises. A good start for you (and whomever it applies to) would be researching the meaning of "irrefutable evidence."

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sakrateri
Many days I turn the TV on out of boredom to find I have several hundred channels with utterly nothing at all on worth a damn.

You are partially correct. Possibly the majority of TV fare, excluding some but not all movies, really sucks. But there are a lot of superb documentaries that make watching TV the best "activity" one can waste time on. Docs such as the "Life" series; Natural Wonders of Earth; Egyptian docs; Aztec docs; etc. Right now a doc. on the Icelandic volcano is on. It IS interesting. So your criticism is not misplaced but it is unfairly rash.

As humans we have a need to watch something that peeks our curiosity or amuses us and allows ourselves to forget all of our worries if for only a little while.

I don't know about a "need" but more like "Let me be entertained for a while." Reading is still a great pastime.

snip

Are we deer?

My wife thinks I'm a "dear"!

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you are babbling about, but I will be sure to lookup your vague notions, right after you look up the words Irony, humour and sarcasm, which was the content of my post.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gaderel

I'm not sure what you are babbling about, but I will be sure to lookup your vague notions, right after you look up the words Irony, humour and sarcasm, which was the content of my post.

You seem to forget that you posted words of ignorance and I replied to them and now you're befuddled.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Ah yes, ignorance is in the eye, or the mind, of the beholder. But please, point out and debate, instead of dropping pointless clues to "irrefutable evidence" of... whatever the hell it is you found in my post that got your panties in a knot.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Is this your lot in life, to belittle others to make yourself look good? Why don't you Git!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join