It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO mystery will never be resolved

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It is my considered opinion that we will never know what these Unidentified crafts are. It is not because they are so elusive or that they travel too fast. The problem is that the subject is approached from the wrong angle.

We are aware that we only use a tiny percentage of our brain power and that there is so much out there we do not understand. Therefore why do we persist in making judgements as to whether some evidence collected is fake or not.

The general pattern is as follows :-

1)Poor quality video = well maybe , who knows
2)Fair quality video = difficult to say, likely to be a fake
3)Best quality video = For sure fake

Therefore imo , unless a creature steps out from a craft in the middle of a busy city road and kicks a few people in the groin and then flies off at light speed, we will never accept any footage as being authentic.

What people have to realise is that the whole subject of UFOs touches on other complex areas, such as metaphysics, phychology and religion. Without building a philosophical framework first, your study will lead nowhere. A million new UFO clips will come and go and the world will be nowhere near understanding what they are.

Does anybody here know who they are and why they were born? Does anyone know what awaits them after death ? Well ... not really. Perhaps some people should stop playing 'experts' when seeing some UFO footage. It is not a matter of whether the clip is fake or not. It is really a matter of : Could this be possible ?

I am confident that every person on this board has , at some point in their life , seen something in the sky that they could not explain . As a child I saw many strange things in the sky and some quite scarry. Now I do not think too much about it. I have accepted that we share our space with other beings and if I can collect some evidence it is just for my own benefit and those close to me.

For the scientifically-minded, perhaps quantum mechanics will provide some useful method one day.

TextText white

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Good post. However the real problem is that the government doesn't look further into the UFO phenomenon. There are also too many skeptical people out there who simply don't want to believe for whatever stubborn reasons they have.

Why the government doesn't look further into the matter? Who knows? Some say they are covering it up. But again, who really knows? Why scientists don't look further into it? Who knows? Why does the media not cover the UFO phenomenon more? Who knows?

I mean just look at former astronaut Buzz Aldrin. He and his crew members saw a UFO out in space, but they refused (or at least he did) to believe it was a UFO and instead passed it off as a panel from their own spacecraft. When people are so close minded and ignore things right in front of their face, then what can you say? It's sad, but that's how many people are. They just don't want to believe in UFOs and ETs no matter what. Maybe the whole idea scares them too much, so they would rather dismiss it.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Viper2

Thanks for a good answer.

I agree with you. Nobody really cares anymore. No one wants to believe in UFOs or ETs.

In fact no one wants to believe in anything. Technology (with the nice little gadgets that come out of it) has become the new God.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Let's put it this way:

Given the technology available these days, mainly the cell phone camera, we should be able to get some amazing undeniable close range footage within say 20 years, IF these things truly exist.

And that will have to happen before we start getting videos of extremely good visual quality. Or a UFO landing onto a densely populated city.

If we're still here wondering the mystery after 20 years... I might find something better to do.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Jonas86]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

It is the undeniable close range footage that are always labelled 'Fake'.

There is unlikely to be a public show by those beings. They share our space and have always done. This is just as well for if we knew what they were then Religious and Political establishments would need to go back to the drawing board. Anarchy would ensue and probably a lot of us would go mad.

I doubt that anyone will give up on UFO if nothing concrete happens within 20 years. You and everyone else will still have your own personal encounters and sightings now and again and this has the effect of continuing to reignite the debate.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I'd honestly say that people are still very interested in UFOs, more than ever in fact. Youve just got to look at the type of people who have an interest in this topic now, the UFO subject isnt as taboo as it used to be.

I think the biggest problem is people do get sick of getting nowhere and probably feel like theyre banging their heads against a brick wall, TPTB are very good at keeping things quiet or covering up the mistakes they make even using them to their advantage i.e disinformation. The people wont give up and this subject will not go away, my own personal opinion on this is it will trickle little by little into the media and before we know it we have disclosure without even realising it.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I'm not sure public knowledge of UFOs has increased at all in the past 70 years....so maybe the OP is right. Based on the past decades, there's no reason to expect an explanation in the immediate future.

One problem I've noticed is the adversarial, bickering approach we all take. People throw up ideas and get their asses shot to pieces. Skeptics get ridiculed by believers who are ridiculed by skeptics...round and round. At the same time, there isn't any consensus to be found anywhere. It's ultimately frustrating and leaves many of us having long breaks from the subject.

Shakespeare wrote that, 'life is a tale told by an idiot...signifying nothing.' The UFO mystery seems very similar...

There are so many explanations and speculations with degrees of credibility...human nature tends to pick one and use it to attack the others. Regardless of the in-fighting, I guess the explanation will be revealed at some point in the future. I just hope it's at some point in my future too

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
I'm not sure public knowledge of UFOs has increased at all in the past 70 years....

With all due respect i cant agree with this statement, surely the little invention of the internet would of increased public awareness ten fold. Theres been so many cases presented and brought forward here on ATS alone where peoples first comment will be "thanks for bringing this to my attention", we dont just have what the TPTB want to give us anymore there are people working very hard to get this out and to a degree i think they will.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Catch_a_Fire

I can see how you misunderstood me there...I wasn't meaning 'awareness.' By 'public knowledge,' I simply meant that we don't any more about what UFOs are than we did back when. At least, from my point of view we don't.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Oh yes, i see what you mean. With the amount of people looking for these things now and the way technology has advanced it surely should be just a matter of time but yes, i agree we seem to have hit a stage where all we will know is what we summise from footage, pics etc.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86
Let's put it this way:

Given the technology available these days, mainly the cell phone camera, we should be able to get some amazing undeniable close range footage within say 20 years, IF these things truly exist.

And that will have to happen before we start getting videos of extremely good visual quality. Or a UFO landing onto a densely populated city.

If we're still here wondering the mystery after 20 years... I might find something better to do.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Jonas86]

If some UFOs originate from ETs flying spacecraft, then they are probably far advanced beyond us and quite possibly are totally aware of all evidence gathered about their presence. Furthermore they would quite possibly have the ability to erase or doctor evidence or may even be responsible for creating some of the hoaxes which are a key reason why so much photographic and video evidence is discarded.

So I submit the solution of the mystery may be in their hands, not ours.

As far as video and photographic "evidence", I think it is pretty much a total waste of time in the digital and internet age as it is almost completely impossible to verify any digital and video as authentic. It is possible to prove some is fake but that will never lead anywhere.

All that said, never say never.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
By definition, a UFO is an "unidentified flying object." Every UFO report is a mystery waiting to be solved. These mysteries will never go away, as there will always be people who see things in the sky they cannot identify.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Some one knows about UFOs.
Well a whole lot of people must and for sure the pilots.

So whats the problem.
They are not here on ATS thats what.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I respectfully disagree that the UFO thing will not be solved. However, I believe it is not going to be good news when the truth is known. I believe the world as a whole is being preped for a great delusion. Many in the UFO field are brainwashing the masses to believe that we were seeded here by "them." That is what the enemy of God wants people to believe.

I believe the Book of Daniel, calls them "watchers" There is an hiearchy of evil. They are Principalities, Powers, Rulers of the Darkness of this world and Spiritual wickedness in high places as the Book of Ephesians declares. They know that the time of the end is near. The enemy knows the Word of God forwards and backwards. They are not blind. They are deceiving spirits come to deceive.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I wouldn't say the mystery will never be solved, but more than likely not within our own lifetimes.

Barring a global catastrophe that eliminates all of our current scientific progress, contact with UFOs and ETs is inevitable. Our descendants will either meet them out in space or on another planet when humans become the flying saucer pilots down the road of time. I suspect this will all happen before we reach 3,000 CE.

Our governments with their total domination of our local airspace won't have that luxury of containing human discoveries once cheap or free access to space occurs over the course of time.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Therefore imo , unless a creature steps out from a craft in the middle of a busy city road and kicks a few people in the groin and then flies off at light speed, we will never accept any footage as being authentic.

It's okay to have a skeptical POV when not enough info is presented. But to make a blanket statement is unacceptable. There is plenty of good footage because we do have an aerial (mostly) phenomenon that is unexplainable and almost everyone carries some sort of visual recording device (camcorders, digicams, cell phones) so someone is going to grab authentic footage that may be sufficiently detailed.

I say this because I have somewhere in one of my UFO videotapes (recorded off cable TV) British footage of a low-hovering UFO near a tall TV (not sure) broadcasting antenna and the footage was submitted to a Hollywood special effects lab and the footage was declared genuine. The UFO is not detailed enough to see the "rivets" but you can see that it's not a human craft.

That footage is not the only footage that's been submitted for analysis but, IMO, it's one of the best. I can't offer any details for anyone to locate it and verify what I say so just accept that I'm telling the truth.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
I respectfully disagree that the UFO thing will not be solved. However, I believe it is not going to be good news when the truth is known. I believe the world as a whole is being preped for a great delusion. Many in the UFO field are brainwashing the masses to believe that we were seeded here by "them." That is what the enemy of God wants people to believe.

I believe the Book of Daniel, calls them "watchers" There is an hiearchy of evil. They are Principalities, Powers, Rulers of the Darkness of this world and Spiritual wickedness in high places as the Book of Ephesians declares. They know that the time of the end is near. The enemy knows the Word of God forwards and backwards. They are not blind. They are deceiving spirits come to deceive.

I think you should be grateful that ATS has policies regarding posting hate replies because if ATS didn't you'd hear from me the way I'd like to really express myself in reply to your religious bs statements. There is no evil. There is no blidness. No one is brainwashing anyone except religion. There is no god therefore there are no enemies. What we have are fools such as you that should not be allowed to post your crap here. This is the Aliens and UFOs forum. If you have something to add on Aliens and UFOs I'm sure everyone would like to hear from you. But you're proselytizing. Go do it in the religion forum. Go on, git!

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think that one day, sooner or later, we'll all know the answer(s) to the UFO/ET phenomena. I mean, Government officials etc cannot keep their secrets forever.....One day, the cat will be let out of the bag.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by Cor Leonis
There is no god therefore there are no enemies.

I spent all this time sharpening my horns and pitchfork for nothing? Can I leave a message for when he gets back?

On topic, I guess I am similar to the OP and just accept that we aren't alone. The universe is immense, the systems and planets in it are countless, to assume we are alone would be the height of human arrogance. Are they visiting us? I can see no reason why not. Given the age of our own planet for example, an alien race would only have to be a 100,000 years older than us to have technologies that would make ours look primitive. Technologies that could make it possible to bridge distance & time and travel the universe. If they are visiting us, would the governments try to cover it up? Absolutely. Lying and Cover up is as natural to a politician as breathing.

Will the government lurch out of the closet one day with a Grey alien in tow? Maybe, maybe not. Will it change the world? Maybe, but I think we are probably all to self involved for it to change us too much. More likely it would just end in some sort of holy war... which brings me back to sharpening my pitchfork and horns.

[edit on 29/4/2010 by Gaderel]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Many days I turn the TV on out of boredom to find I have several hundred channels with utterly nothing at all on worth a damn.

As humans we have a need to watch something that peeks our curiosity or amuses us and allows ourselves to forget all of our worries if for only a little while.

I imagine that if there are other beings out there that they would find us to be a passing amusment and curiosity that peaks their interest as they are passing by our little rock in space....If for only a few minutes or hours.

Can you imagine how many hours we would be happy to sit in front of a screen or even hover over a savanah or forest to just watch animals in their natural habitat going about their business but with no intentions at all of interfering with them.

I dont know if life does exist anywhere else in the universe but if it does I imagine it would have some of the same instincts and desires as most animals found here on earth including man.

What makes a good hunter?....Being able to blend in with the surroundings and the ability to spot a deer before it spots you.

Are we deer?

I dunno just some thoughts.....

Edit: To Add More Thoughts.

Think about this....

If we traveled back just 5000 years ago would we dare give the plans to a simple zippo(c) lighter to a man of that time and expect him to understand and build that lighter??

Would a being that could be from a planet thats possibly ten million years old with a civilization that might be half that age be able to give plans to us for a simple item of theirs and expect us to build it?

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Sakrateri]

[edit on 29-4-2010 by Sakrateri]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join