It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Strikes Secret Nuclear Mining Deal with Zimbabwe's Mugabe Regime

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Iran Strikes Secret Nuclear Mining Deal with Zimbabwe's Mugabe Regime

www.telegraph.co.uk

Iran has struck a secret deal with Zimbabwe to mine its untapped uranium reserves in a move to secure raw material for its steadily expanding nuclear programme.

In return for supplying oil, which Zimbabwe desperately needs to keep its faltering economy moving, Iran has been promised access to potentially huge deposits of uranium ore – which can be converted into the basic fuel for nuclear power or enriched to make a nuclear bomb.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
english.aljazeera.net
www.reuters.com

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Another story out of MSM designed to get the world hating Iran even more.

Let us now imagine Iran holding hands with the brutal regime of Robert Mugabe, that should make us hate them just that little bit more.....

Is it just me, or is it nearly every day now an article hits the MSM that paints Iran in an even worse light than they are in already.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
nothing can be kept a secret these days...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Given that the brits put him there, its abit rich to talk about this in a british newspaper.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

I call B.S. on this

Iran can get all the Uranium they need from Russia.

This is more MSM crap to pump un the Evil Iranian's.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Now this is news. I didn't know zim had uranium.
Untapped hey?
That makes perfect sense then, yes zim needs oil, badly. I just didn't know what Iran was getting.
I mean, of all the things Iran needs to focus on, why did A came to zim, and this is the answer.

Tell you this though, when we're concerned about wargames, Iran is concerned about uranium supplies in 5 years. That's frightening. And when the # hits the fan these mines will still keep producing.

Good find!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

I call B.S. on this

Iran can get all the Uranium they need from Russia.

This is more MSM crap to pump un the Evil Iranian's.

Part of the script, crazy leader of rogue nation wants WMD, makes secret deal to obtain ingredients in africa.. yawn.. niger yellow cake .20

obamas 'change' was from iraq/saddam to iran/alphabet.

edit: n-word? i thought it was a nation cheneys yellow cake came from..

[edit on 24-4-2010 by GovtFlu]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The only thing I found on Zimbabwe uranium deposits is this ...

Kanyemba uranium-vanadium mine project

Kanyemba uranium-vanadium mine project exploration completed
Size: 1800 tonnes U
Ore grade: 0.6% U

* Zimbabwe Mining Development Corporation (ZMDC)

1800 tons for only one mine is a joke. IMO Iran and Zimbabwe will have to invest heavily to find new uranium deposits and to exploit them. It could take YEARS before any real uranium material is sent to Iran.

Also an article from 2005 :
Mugabe hails uranium find and vows to pursue nuclear power

It has been known for many years that uranium deposits lie in the Zambezi river valley in northern Zimbabwe. But mining experts in Harare say these were not thought to be large enough to support a viable mine.

And in FIVE YEARS almost nothing has come out of this... yeah but now with Iran everything will change right?

Also from 2006 :
Zimbabwe Considers 3 Bids to Mine Uranium

Among the countries believed involved were China, Russia, South Africa and Namibia, the paper said.

If CHINA, RUSSIA and SOUTH AFRICA didn't bother to go in to get cheap uranium, Iran would? Yeah right.

Russia and China probably figured out that it was way too costly in exploration and extraction costs VS the return to invest... but Iran, which has even LESS MONEY would do it? Yeah SURE.

Another propaganda piece for war by the MSM DEBUNKED.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
oh...and let's not forget the other rogue nation as part of this equation.....north korea -

Zimbabwe: Uranium behind N. Korean president’s visit?

Robert Mugabe has met with the rogue president of the Democratic People’s Republic of North Korea (DPRK), Kim Yong Nam, his military Generals and Intelligence chief in Harare.

The visit to Zimbabwe by the top North Korean official has raised questions in the diplomatic circles. Zimbabwe is believed to have uranium deposits in the north of the country around the Zambezi escarpment

en.afrik.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Not sure on the story, but they use buzzwords to frighten people.

Like how they conned everyone before iraq war that saddam had icbm's. He never ever came close to anything like that, they need loads of testing, and iraq never had anything like them. Perfect example of how they lie about people and everyone believes it. Iraq never ever came close to icbm's, or even testing them.

But teh newspapers said it, so it must be true.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I agree, it's just planting the idea in our heads of what they want us to think of Iran. They did a poll on fox news a few weeks ago and asked, "which country is the No. 1 threat to U.S. Security?" and 65% of people said Iran.

Their plan is working.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I posted the origional thread here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

seems like at the time it was overlooked?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Hey Jazz,

i just realised that both the threads are quite different. I was posting purely on the Uranium issue.

Whatever the Mods want to do, thats fine. No worries!

g

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Im cool with it its fine, the significance of the topic and the relativity will become apparent very soon. Something big is on its way im sure.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Respectfully disagree.

1800 tonnes? thats a lot. By any standards. SA cannot afford the cost in PR, and we have our own, larger supplies. China doesn't view it as commercial success.

Any mine would be Zimbabwe state owned, no profit for external party, BUT strategically very health for both Zim and Iran.

I'd all MSM BS too, if it wasn't for the fact that A was in Zim to seal the deal. This is VERY important to Iran.

The fact that it hasn't been developed in 5 years is solely the result of the tensions in Zim. No outside company can risk the possible total loss of infrastructure through nationalisation.

A political solution like this is entirely workable.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I wouldn't have thought crude oil would have been of much use to Zimbabwe. Surely what they'd need is refined products?
Iran certainly cannot ship refined oil products to Zimbabwe either as it doesn't even have the refining capacity to meet it's own domestic needs.

Also, a "secret" deal? Not very secret really if the Torygraph has the story.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
So how do they intend to keep both parts of the deal, will the oil and Uranium be transfered through Mozambique??

It just seems a rather difficult proposition to be worthwhile for either party..

So do we now add Zim to the list of nations that need helping?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
In other news...

14:18 Zimbabwe says no uranium mining deal with Iran (Reuters)

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
No longer a secret when it's out on the masses.

If it's true, US special forces would have secured/sabotaged the Uranium source area by now.

Looks like the mainstream media trying hard to drive everyone's hate against Iran.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This makes alot of sense if you think about it. Zimbabwe has Uranium, and Iran now has the capacity to refine it. Iran has oil, but no means to refine it, but some of its other allies do. So here is what I believe would happen. Iran pumps the oil, shipping the raw to its ally, that refines it. It is then shipped to Zimbabwe, and the unprocessed Uranium is sent to Iran for processing. It is processed and some of it makes its way to North Korea. A nifty lill line of stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join