It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly airborne fungus spreading in Pacific Northwest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Deadly airborne fungus spreading in Pacific Northwest

www.wlox.com

The infection is acquired by inhaling the spores of the fungus. Infected persons will suffer from a chronic cough, sharp chest pain, shortness of breath, headache, fever, and weight loss. The infection can cause permanent respiratory damage and can spread to the brain. Cryptococcus can be treated with anti-fungal medications but there is no known means of prevention.

Researchers are especially concerned because unlike similar airborne fungi, it's affecting healthy people. Five of the 21 cases in the United States have resulted in death. People over age 60 and people with respiratory proble
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
abcnews.go.com
www.webmd.com
io9.com
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
"Another concern is that the fungus in the past was only observed in tropical climates. Now, it is spreading in the temperate forests of the Pacific Northwest. Some researchers suspect climate change maybe a factor in Cryptococcus' adaptation, and are warning that it might be making its way to northern California.

It is not transmitted from animal-to person or person-to-person. No specific activities or exposures have been linked to increased risk of infection. Even though the fungus is being observed in the Pacific Northwest, no travel advisories have been issued because the percentage of people affected in the region is very low.

Officials with the Centers for Disease Control want to build awareness of the infection because delays in diagnosing it can greatly increase the risk of permanent injury and death."

Could this be the next "Swine Flu" Scare?

Could it Spread Throughout the US and what is the Time Frame?

www.wlox.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
wow, utterly astonishing

wasn't it just last week that the US
Military closed off portions of the coastline in Oregon
for Military exercises??? I remember reading
a post here on ATS about it.

And if so, what did the military leave behind
in the air to drift inland to effect the populus??

This could be an intentional biological attack.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Ah yes,
here it is

www.abovetopsecret.com...

can we prove anything at this point??

It is time to connect the dots people
we're running out of time and options

[edit on 24-4-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Well it wouldn't supprise me. This Administration needs an "event" That would instill fear in everyone and get them to submit to Gov't Athority.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Well well a second swine flu pandemic? Well how pathetic because it wouldn't last

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
As a 20+ yr Oregonian I have lived mostly along the coastal valleys and towns.
some 2+ yrs ago I lived right on the cliff north of Florence(Heceta Head) during this time my wife worked as an MOA at the local hospital.
Now this is observation only but I am a former R/D organic chemist and observation of events is what I do. During this time I witnessed a sudden increase in military action from reshaping the beach near a flood plain to bizarre cones of light out at sea.
My wife saw an increase in a multitude of strange but passing symptoms after a period of overcast in which one can hear a LARGE (jet?) aircraft flying over from respiratory to GI symptoms were reported.
this is following My experience here
www.eugeneweekly.com...

My family are the chemical refugees. I look a fair bit healthier since leaving and do not have the death grey pallor obvious in the photo.
My kids went to the school out there and out of a small group of 125 kids 8 had cancer. Diabetes is striking so many people out there I am hard pressed to think of a neighbor who DOES NOT HAVE IT!
As sickness began to be noticed people began leaving much as we did and at this point there are 3 kids left from my daughters class of 20 the rest either just moved out of the poison or got sick and had to be closer to MD's

My wife began her medical carreer working for the backwood GP and this is where the "Mothership" during overcast weather connection began as the community would show up in waves two to three days after a fly over and like clockwork spring , late summer and mid winter as the trees are doused in a melange of unknown chemicals and round -up resistant E-coli. Yes for some reason there is a type of E-coli which makes it's home in concentrated round up!

Now we have this fungi Cryptococcus which is similar to the "Valley Fever" of the dry western states seeming to be moving though our air where it was previously unknown. If you live near any logging you get drift if your lucky and doused if your not. We have an observational connection between the overcast overflights and illness and the Navies own admission it will be testing chemical and biological agents.

I like to be rational about things and take two looks before forming an opinion, but here I have had it forced upon me repeatedly and with the same message, We are being guinea pigs for a mass kill.
Not some devastation with dead bodies everywhere but a "Soft Kill" in which we are all just way too sick to argue or put up any sort of resistance to a coming mandate and possibly to force people into the new healthcare system that are not killed outright.
Strange days have fallen
N.

top topics

join