It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Rep gets bomb threat for opposing immigrant crackdown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

After Rep. Raul Grijalva (D-AZ) called for a boycott of his own state should the GOP's immigrant crackdown bill become law, an unnamed individual allegedly threatened on Friday to blow up his Tucson office and murder his staff, according to published reports.

In response, Grijalva announced the closure of his offices in Tucson and Yuma later that night. While they are expected to reopen on Monday and the FBI is looking into the alleged threat, to Democrats across Arizona the message is abundantly clear: do not speak out against the state's immigration crackdown, or else.

The congressman had in recent days sparked a political firestorm by calling on businesses and organizations to boycott his state over its recently-passed immigration reforms that, in the name of cracking down on illegal Mexican immigration, empowers authorities to detain and interrogate anyone based solely on the officer's judgement of behavior and appearance.

rawstory.com...

So all the statements that have been made recently about illegal immigrants causing accidents, raising the crime rate and generally causing Arizona to be an unsafe place to live or work shouldn't just be blanket statements.
It looks like the legal citizens themselves can cause just as much of not more of an unsafe situation. What with a State Representative getting bomb threats and threats to kill all his staff.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Nobody on either side of the issue deserves to be intimidated.

I agree with a boycott.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
*checks dictionary*

Yup, that is irony at its finest.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I've been pulled over many times before. I give them my drivers license, insurance card, I get it back and I go on. It won't be the first time and it won't be the last. How many criminals have been arrested after an ID check. The Washington Beltway Snipers would have been captured earlier at the highway rest stop had the officer checked ID .
If your not breaking the law, don't worry about it. If law involves you or someone you know, then you have cause to worry. If your worrying, then leave the area that is causing you to worry.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Well this is unfortunant. While I support the bill I cannot support these actions,I hope the person or persons responsible for these threats are caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
sometimes polls speak louder than words

www.cnn.com

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm not saying this isn't true, but has anyone else noticed that as soon as a major political event happens now-a-days, it is instantly followed by a threat to someone of the opposing party?

They seemed to have found the lone Democrat in Arizona. [exaggeration noted]

I just think this is more of the same BS. If "they" can't beat the right of the State's to pass their own laws (it's no secret how opposed to this bill Obama is) because of the pesky little Constitution, let's make sure everyone thinks it will result in chaos and physical violence -- so that they will oppose it for that if nothing else.

It's just crazy. Nothing can happen anymore without a call for everyone else to take cover and run.

I say that this article will be followed in less than 24 hours by another stating: "possible domestic terrorist cell/network located in Arizona...."

Want to make a wager anyone?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Not buying this for a minute.....the Dems are expecting to get their asses handed to them in November, and any time they can make the Republicans seem evil, or try and instill fear in the populace, they'll do just that. This sorry bastard doesn't even act like an American, let alone an elected official, I hope he has time to reflect on his treason activities in the unemployment line come November.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by adifferentbreed]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I liked the part where the idiot called for a boycott of his own state.

Yeah, that representative is REALLY looking out for his constituents.

What the hell is a matter with these people?

A representative does not like what the majority of the representatives pass in their own state and they attempt to hurt their state?

Frelling idiot.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

They see their base for being voted in being kicked out the country. There dreams of being a career politicians is going up in smoke. That is what is wrong with them.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Man, can anybody say or do anything in this country without getting death threats?

reply to post by Light of Night

Seems like it's funny at first but isn't sad that in a country who's supposed to be socially advanced that politicians have to rely on race bases to get elected? Don't you think that is more revealing of the true nature of your so called "Union"?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Exv8densez

It's hilariously sad. It's okay though because once the problems get solved we won't have to worry about people like them. They will be downgraded to the whiny little kid that is always complaining about not getting their way and how a life is unfair while actively pursuing to make it more unfair.

At this point I really don't see America still being a country after 2020 at the rate it is going.

new topics

top topics

join