It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge EF-4 Tornado In Yazoo City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Flattens homes, churches and a burger king. Also in Tullah AL there are people trapped. This is a pretty crazy situation need to watch it as the day progresses. Instability in the atmosphere is reaching historic levels.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
multiple injuries according to the weather channel..

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
pardon my substandard geographical skills
but which Yazoo City are u referring ???
no link was produced

where is this ????

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
pardon my substandard geographical skills
but which Yazoo City are u referring ???
no link was produced

where is this ????

Mississippi

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I was watching Chris Hair's fed on chaserTV.com. He was within 4 miles of tornado, but was rain wrapped.

Much of the video you see on Weather Channel is live feed from his dash cam.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by hinky]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by hinky]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
www.wapt.com...

JACKSON, Miss. --
A tornado swept across Mississippi Saturday, damaging dozens of houses and injuring a so far unknown number of residents, emergency officials said.

The tornado touched down in Valley Park, Yazoo City and Durant, according to the National Weather Service.

Mississippi Emergency Management Agency spokesman Greg Flynn said officials in Warren, Yazoo and Holmes counties were conducting a "massive response." He did not immediately have information on injuries, but said the damage is extensive.

At least 20 houses were damaged and several people injured inYazoo City Saturday afternoon, emergency officials said. Yazoo City Mayor McArthur Straughter said the most extensive damage was reported along Highway 49.

American Medical Response officials said five Yazoo City residents were transported to local hospitals. Officials with King's Daughter Hospital said the injuries were pouring in Saturday afternoon.

"We have reports, apparently reliable, but personally, myself, unconfirmed -- I'm not at the scene -- that several homes have been damaged at Yazoo City," AMR ambulance spokesman Jim Pollard said.

Dan Turner, the spokesman for Gov. Haley Barbour, said open gas lines were reported in Yazoo City and urged residents to stay away from the area if they can.

Brenda Tillis, who is in Yazoo City, told 16 WAPT news that she saw a funnel cloud and damage on Route 16.

There's a snippet.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Not a burger king! : (, no srsly, terrible.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaCommando5
Not a burger king! : (, no srsly, terrible.

lol yeah it was a big whopper for sure. At least they won't have to worry about any 911 calls from burger king its history

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Reports for The Weather Channel indicate that the "East side of the city is gone."

Live reports upcoming. EDIT to add: the live reports coming in of damage look horrible. Bricks and wood just laying about, can't even tell it use to be a home - flattened. Unconfirmed deaths. New tornadoes developing. 32 reports of tornadoes so far.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by Whisper67]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Unconfirmed reports of deaths in the area.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I hate to bring up this idea here but

can HAARP cause tornadoes too ???

def a sad day for MS

my heart goes out for the families
of this tragedy

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I hate to bring up this idea here but

def a sad day for MS

my heart goes out for the families
of this tragedy

I don't know if this point has been made before, but are the chem trails related to HAARP? The chem trails are seeding of the skies with metallic chaff like material, does this material increase the effectiveness of HAARP.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
there will be more heading that way..we just had tornado, here in Missouri where I live..Rolla..but looks like its heading northeast..but still more behind it..

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

no...

HAARP can not modify weather, cause volcanoes, cause earthquakes, make yoy loose your hair, nor enlarge your pen*s. It is a great radio for studying high frequency propagation.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

From what I've read about HAARP, it produces a very low pressure cell in the atmosphere and vibrations in the ground . Massive fllooding in north India just prior to the china/tibetan earthquake.

Could these "super tornadoes" (1/2 mile to 1 mile wide on the ground, ef3 to ef6 strength) be the product of two effects: cloud-seeding and HAARP?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
With all of the strange high profile natural disasters lately and with talk of HAARP and other conspiracies surrounding them, I was very interested in coming to ATS to see what everyone else had to say about these tornadoes. 50 Tornadoes at once...I mean that seems a little extreme to me. Anyways, I hope some more talk on the subject pops up soon.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
weve got some sh*t going on atm thats pretty scary. there are like, 30 something on the ground RIGHT NOW.

new topics

top topics

join