It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imagine if the Tea Party was BLACK!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Imagine that hundreds of black protesters were to descend upon Washington DC and Northern Virginia, just a few miles from the Capitol and White House, armed with AK-47s, assorted handguns, and ammunition. And imagine that some of these protesters —the black protesters — spoke of the need for political revolution, and possibly even armed conflict in the event that laws they didn’t like were enforced by the government? Would these protester — these black protesters with guns — be seen as brave defenders of the Second Amendment, or would they be viewed by most whites as a danger to the republic? What if they were Arab-Americans? Because, after all, that’s what happened recently when white gun enthusiasts descended upon the nation’s capital, arms in hand, and verbally announced their readiness to make war on the country’s political leaders if the need arose.

Wow. I just read this and it literally sent chills down my spine. It really shows the disconnect between politicians and the masses, as well as racial discrimination. Our rights are, little by little, being stripped from us right under our noses. I would LOVE to see your comments on this great article. Really puts things in perspective.

Full article:
ephphatha-poetry.blogspot.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The divide and conquer method seems to be working.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

This is complete drivel. His conclusion is as follows:

And this, my friends, is what white privilege is all about. The ability to threaten others, to engage in violent and incendiary rhetoric without consequence, to be viewed as patriotic and normal no matter what you do, and never to be feared and despised as people of color would be, if they tried to get away with half the # we do, on a daily basis.

Then it ends with this gem about the author:

Tim Wise is among the most prominent anti-racist writers and activists in the U.S. Wise has spoken in 48 states, on over 400 college campuses, and to community groups around the nation.

I am sorry to be anti-racist you really should refrain from writing lengthy articles which are clearly racist. I doubt there is a single line in that garbage which was not racist. Instead of taking on the Tea Party for their point of view on government corruption and impending economic downfall he chalks it up all to race and lies and distorts who is actually attending the Tea Parties in the first place.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Let's see, if Tea Baggers were black they'd be Black Panthers.

But, oh, wait. We allow the Black Panthers to intimidate and threaten voters at the polling stations; whereas, we would NEVER allow a Tea Bagger to threaten voters. Oh, no! Those Tea Baggers must be eradicated at any cost, right, so that the noble, peace-loving Black Panthers can continue to intimidate and threaten voters unhindered.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

I am sorry to be anti-racist you really should refrain from writing lengthy articles which are clearly racist.

No need to be sorry that you're "anti-racist" since you clearly don't understand the difference between discussing race and what it is being racist. For all the protestations none of you have yet answered the question of the author.

"Imagine."

By the way, he is right.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hey guys, thanks for the feedback... I am always trying to see both sides of the coin, it's written pretty well whether people agree or disagree.

Keep the feedback coming, I like seeing what others think!

Thanks!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

What if the TEA PARTY was BLACK, eh?

Well....

It would be considered the coolest thing to come along since MTV, every white suburban kid in America would slobber and drool and beg to join, and Olbermann would attempt a rapid skin-darkening process in a meager attempt to join while singing praises to the need for such a group?

That would be my guess anyhow. It is all about pop-cultural trends and social street cred these days.

EDIT to clarify: the media portrayal would be entirely different.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What I find wonderfully ironic here is that both the right and the left are out to make every single person in the tea parties out to be a racist whether they actually are or not. The author attempts to make it seem like everyone loves the tea parties and as if they're seen as nothing but a good thing. Here in reality you can't even sigh at a tea party without being called a racist for it. Yet he's trying to make the argument that it would only be seen as a racist action if every single person in the tea parties were black? That's got to be one of the funniest things I've heard all day.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, I suppose the author has already forgotten all about the Million Man March and Day of Absence and Million Woman March, all of which were black American rallies that were designed to bring out injustices, politically and economically, against the black American communities at large.

Oh, I also seem to remember a rally event where a black male was shouldering an AR15 that he was able to carry legally as his personally registered weapon to that rally. Everyone had guns there, not just "whitey".

Finally, every race that claims itself something-American and has a stake in this countries well being is up in arms about what is actually going on right now is mad as hell. If "whitey" can make a statement without retaliation that somehow nudges this government into action and rallies its people to a cause that turns from our current failed and flailing government, then let them do it.

The author of the quote in the OP is just spouting racism for the sake of division. Plain and simple. Its the agenda of the small minded ego-centrics that can find no positive way into the spotlight and it is simply fuel for personal agendas.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The major problem with "Imagine if..." dreamings is there is no reality involved in the exercises. Fear mongering is usually the main motivation behind these imaginary scenarios. The reason why these fear mongerers use the "Imagine if..." scenarios is because they can't point to any actual scenarios to support their imaginary fears.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
well black people are smarter than them

if they were the tea party they'd get more done.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

As a white guy, I WOULD LOOOOVE to see more of my black brothers on the line doing this! There are some black folks on the lines with the rest of us!

Just not enough. We need EVERYONE that can get time to show up! Its an AMERICAN THING-not a "white" thing.

I think the reason there arent more is that too many still carry their own government chains of slavery. They have for too long, in some cases, been dependent on the feds for too many hand outs. They have far too many "leaders" (dont know who elected them
) that mislead them and divide them from the rest of the herd.

As far as toting guns.

I support anyone that does this. Just keep it civil.

Who ever fires the first shot in this war WILL loose.

[edit on 24/4/10 by felonius]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Let's see, if Tea Baggers were black they'd be Black Panthers.

But, oh, wait. We allow the Black Panthers to intimidate and threaten voters at the polling stations; whereas, we would NEVER allow a Tea Bagger to threaten voters. Oh, no! Those Tea Baggers must be eradicated at any cost, right, so that the noble, peace-loving Black Panthers can continue to intimidate and threaten voters unhindered.

— Doc Velocity

I would have to agree with you Doc (ah Oo..I wonder if I just got added to some list somewhere
) Many of us know that we live in an age of what is right is wrong, and what is wrong is right.
We will endeavor to persevere to do what is right.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clark Savage Jr.

What if the TEA PARTY was BLACK, eh?

Well....

It would be considered the coolest thing to come along since MTV, every white suburban kid in America would slobber and drool and beg to join, and Olbermann would attempt a rapid skin-darkening process in a meager attempt to join while singing praises to the need for such a group?

That would be my guess anyhow. It is all about pop-cultural trends and social street cred these days.

EDIT to clarify: the media portrayal would be entirely different.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by Clark Savage Jr.]

Why just white kids, why not red kids as well? There are many American Indians that are now opposing the obamanation, but lack the infrastructure to rally.
What about Brown kids, or are they going to be labeled as La Rez?
Must I go on?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Too right

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The MSM would present stories that were much more positive, the Obama administration would descibe the need to be supportive of these individuals as they struggle to have their voices heard, and Jon Stewert would make fun of anyone that disagreed with them.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Well it is a very interesting thought expertiment.

The real problem is that in America even known racists quote anti racist rhetoric but like to muddy the water and keep the status quo. By their deeds you will always know a racist.

I expect that ATS is an microcosm of America so you will see what I am getting at.

Ultimately it would be all about hearts and minds and the Teapartyers never got that straight.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Actually the Black panther did not ever have a free ride. They were bourn from racist hatred and were ultimately destroyed by the security forces. When did they ever have a free ride to anywhere other than jail??

They operated in the black community.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel

Agreed, the question is who divided from whom?

The Conservatives (anything but) divided from the rest of blue collar America long ago.

I side with my Government, millions of spoiled, racist neocons making a scene and protesting things that were just fine when Bush was in office make me sick.

If it was McCain in the oval office doing the same exact things you would find that the "Tea Party" would be thrilled and up to the same B.S they were doing when Bush was in office.

They made Americas bed and now they should sleep in it.

Look in the mirror "Tea party" its all your fault.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
There are a lot of blacks in the tea party movement. I find the notion as you say that all blacks could be expected to follow a corrupt and anti-American president just because he is black tantamount to saying that if one black persons robs a bank, then all blacks are bank robbers?
There are a few million black people that do not follow or share Obama's radical agenda, you just don't see it much on the MSM, that would be a big no-no for them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join