It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle cartoonist: May 22 is ‘Everybody Draw Mohammed Day’

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   
can't they have some respect to the muslim?

they never make a joke about jesus and why they still keep "offensing" the muslim?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

-Benjamin Franklin

Anyone on this forum that agrees with censorship because of the fear invoked by children that make threats, have been properly subdued and mentally imprisoned by terrorism.

Noun

* S: (n) terrorism, act of terrorism, terrorist act (the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear)

Link

Censoring yourself, giving up your freedom...no matter how small or "insignificant," is the same as waving a white flag and telling a person who uses intimidation and coercion to get their point across that they win.

I for one, will not make a decision because I have been bullied into that decision...regardless of who is threatening me.

There is no point in fighting a "War on terror" if we are going to be so easily terrorized.

[edit on 4/25/2010 by dalan.]

Correct! You people out there who are telling everyone to do as the Muslims say... you are just letting terrorism win, lol. Dalan is right.

These Muslims who are making threats are like a bunch of whining children who resort to kicking and screaming when they don't get what they want.

Draw as many pictures of Mohammed as you want, people... don't let terrorism control your lives.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Fangula]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I personally think south park authors have a psy ops agenda since too many people are watching it now. They put messages in every episode and get away much too easy with insults towards scientology and celebrities. And not to mention death of Isaac Hayes, conspiracy bells ring there too

I mean two nobodies start making a ultra cheap B production cartoon all on their own and get ratings simply for being ridiculously vulgar, and they do it for nearly 20 years. Sounds like an American dream come true, you get money for insulting and trashing celebrities. And it's a fact that majority of its fans are between 13 and 18 years old even though its "obviously" aimed towards adults. That makes it a perfect weapon for NWO brainwashing

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
reply to post by hippomchippo

why didnt the muslims protest when south park drew muhammed in 2004?
becuase they didnt offend him in any way, it was a character
why did the muslims protest becuase of the drawings by the danish cartoonist?
because he drew muhammed with a bomb on his head.
theres a certain line you shouldnt cross, its called the sh** line, if you cross it you're asking to be covered in sh**!!

How do you offend a theoretical being?

Answer: You don't. Only people who believe in said theoretical being become offended. This changes the entire basis of your post. Understand that, at least. Your "line" has nothing to do with it. It's the same reason SOMEBODY gets pissed off, every time SouthPark creates a new episode. This just struck a bigger chord. No different from anything else they've done, just more opinions involved. That's all.

Cheers,
Strype

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Strype]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Lol i cant believe you feel a sense of security that drawing him will get you. Immature action. If you have a problem with extremism there are so many way of doing it, by confronting the extremist, having serious movements against extremism, hell even draw cartoons and posters against the idea of radical extreme fundamentalism.

Mocking a whole religion by taking a few things out of context and spinning it to sound something side your argument is pure bias and a loss of understanding.

Drawing cartoons depicting the prophet on a negative light are yeah gonna be funny to only those who hold hatred, and will fuel only hatred.

Its like you 'yo momma jokes' someone coming upto you and not directly dissing you cos he cant, but instead just disses someone you hold in respect i.e being the prophet. That is strictly for the ignorant people. This is ATS not MTV lol.

Of course you all are gonna keep going no matter what everyone says, but please i suggest you do it louder and spread these cartoons more, also put your names along them just so well can separate the ignorant from the knowledgable.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by riverbank

they never make a joke about jesus and why they still keep "offensing" the muslim?

Hi, you never watched south park it seems.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Muslims hold their prophet in a higher level of respect than anything in their life. More than heir famils parents countries cultural beliefs, only God do they hold in higher regard.

Every people has something they all respect and dear. Lets takes peoples mothers or family in example.

Would you allow people to excersise their right to make disrespectful pics of your late mothers etc, you really believe this will help solve the problem you would have wiht that individuals family, you believe you will have found yourself some sort of defence in that?

Schoolish behaviour, why is society deteriorating to such standards? Yeah debate by all means how bad you think islam is, extremism etc etc. But do it with some level of maturity.

Oh no wait we wana be funn right? Ok then lets be racist for the right of freedom of speech, yeah lets tell the raghead to go home, lets go draw pic of redneck kkks on a cross, lets go make the dalai lama humping a llama, letss print obama on our toilet paper, lets go wavin our arms heil hitler everywhere. We have freedom of speech we can say what we want cos its funny right?

Such immature behaviour, you think by making jokes yo will solve a problem.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus

i mean the muslim, not the south park i'm talkin about...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by riverbank]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
To all those who want to draw cartoon ;

You actually are serving Islam by doing so .

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
at some point in islamic history it was acceptable to portray images of muhammed until some cleric decided to change the religion and make it forbidden to portray images of the prophet !

I watched a documentry on islam , and there were thousands if not millions of artworks of muhammed then they were subsequently destroyed when the clerics change the laws

isnt this just like changing the message of their religion ? much like christianity changing the message , " I think what god meant to say was ! "

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Don't forget to add Mo's best friend Allah. From what I have heard he sports a pair of sweet horns and some ass-kicking cloven hooves. Al and Mo. Man, they crack me up. Or is it chop?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   

These Muslims who are making threats are like a bunch of whining children who resort to kicking and screaming when they don't get what they want.

We can make fun of them but should not underestimate what Jihad represents. These men, far from being terrorists, are carrying out a holy obligation as commanded by their god, Allah. Jihad violence is enshrined in the Islamic religion.

They are not whining children, they are the bearers of a 1,400 year long tradition of spreading Islam through violence. They know exactly what they do and why.

They are brutal warriors not buffoons.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by mike_trivisonno]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Such immature behaviour, you think by making jokes yo will solve a problem.

You're quite the apologist aren't you. Sadly, that ruse of "apologists" doesn't work anymore. We are a free people and need not heed the antiquated rhetoric of people defending a man who spawned the most violent form of social control on the planet.

We know that making jokes will not solve the problem. What it will do is draw all the jihadis, apologists, supporters, and the devout killers into the light. Your protests expose your sin.

Stop the Jihad. Stop Sharia. Stop killing apostates. Stop your Sins.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus

i mean the muslim, not the south park i'm talkin about...

[edit on 25-4-2010 by riverbank]

Muslims trash every single group that is non-muslim. It is called Jihad. Indeed, muslims encourage indigenous peoples to joke about, belittle, and defile their own gods. This serves to undermine their long-held traditions and opens vectors through which Islam and more violent jihad are spread.

It is deception. It has been done exactly like this for 1,400 years.

Jihad is real and it will kill you if you do not learn from the billions of prior victims. Ask Theo.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I have to admit that the notion of religion trumping freedom of speech annoys me. Actually, anything, other than politeness, trumping free speech annoys me. But politeness is voluntary, not enforced by acts of vigilante murder.

When the issue of the Muhammed cartoons first arose in Canada, I tried to think of a Muhammed cartoon without actually drawing the Muhammed cartoon. It's something that I never would have even considered until Muslims started taking murderous exception to people who criticize their faith. I'm sorry, I just can't abide totalitarianism.

Any religion that has to resort to murder of it's critics for any reason, whether to keep it's adherents under control or to show reverence for the super duper greatness of it's supreme deity, has a problem in my opinion.

In other walks of life, those who demand respect are usually the ones who really don't deserve it. Anyone or anything that receives respect without coercion usually does so because it has truly earned it, not extorted it.

I'm generally sympathetic to Muslims in the face of the modern world. Perhaps we in the modern industrial world could do with a respect revival. Perhaps Muslims point the way to something we have lost in our societies. I just don't think we or they should be legislating respect, or worse, enforcing it with extra-judicial or quasi-judicial executions.

My Muhammed cartoon would be "Muhammed on holiday in Gstaad". It would show an alpine backround with two skis on the ground and two ski poles standing upright on either side of them. Muhammed of course would be invisible, as Sharia law demands.

By the way, did you know that scantily clad women cause earthquakes? That one point I can agree with the mullahs about. My two cents worth.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is probably NOT a good idea for a holiday.

Creative and funny, but what exactly will it achieve? There is no logic in creating a day that stands to piss off the Radical elements of a religion with over 1.5 billion followers.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN
I think that is an intresting concept.

Lets start a war with the muslims over art.

That would be hilarious!

I would enter a drawing but I can't draw for crap.

But I have an Idea...

Mohammad eating Bacon and Talking to Allah ... This ain't half bad ....

Don't forget his 9 year old wife.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPYvsSPY
Most of your posts start with that phrase "I should stop you right there" And then the next thing is "someone like you"

LOL. Really? Do you really feel better just making up stuff to insult people with? Not only do most of my posts NOT start that way, I would be willing to bet you would have trouble finding 5% that do. If you just wanted to waste an entire post insulting me, you could have found something real to use. Just making crap up seems a little childish.

What the hell are YOU talking about. Bet your co-workers roll their eyes. But you just refuse to pay attention.

My post explains fully what I am talking about but apparently that part was too much for you so you just presented this lie in order to insult me.

Maybe you should sit down and let someone that can read handle my posts. I have no problem being insulted but when that is all you have and you have to lie to do it, shhhhhhhhhhh.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragnet53

Don't forget his 9 year old wife.

Wow, very interesting.

www.faithfreedom.org...

The thought of an old man becoming aroused by a child is one of the most disturbing thoughts that makes us cringe as it reminds us of pedophilia and the most despicable people. It is difficult to accept that the Holy Prophet married Aisha when she was 6-years-old and consummated his marriage with her when she was 9. He was then, 54 years old.

That is SICK!

My drawing of Mohammed would depict him cruising around the nearest kindergarten, looking for his next wife.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
lol you guys are turning this into a game, oh lts see who can make the biggest diss on islam.

but its all good, the more you diss islam and the more hardship tis religion goes through, it will only help strengthen believers hearts and spread islam further.

Wha you dot understand is people can see right from wrong and truth from lies. Focusing on negativity about everything is what you guys would do, and discard any positive aspect.

Apologist lol, trying to put a word on me wont help you either, im a free thinker, and dont abide by any sides except truth.

To me it just seem like a gang of bullies tryna team up and diss something, or someone.

We all know thast is the bullies that are the one who are really the cowards.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join