It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle cartoonist: May 22 is ‘Everybody Draw Mohammed Day’

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie
just let it go, why gotta keep poking. i know its unfair that you cant make fun of muhammed because the muslims are over sensitive but you've all seen what happens when its done. i mean do we really have to make fun of a figure thats so respected by his followers?

i see no point in doing this art thing, it just provokes for terrorist acts and will only cause harm to people that rpobably had nothing to do with it.

everyone is just happy not making fun of muhammed, so why do it?

let it go

Ya but Muslims seem to think it's OK to make fun of Christians, God and other religions.

Thats what Irks me about muslims most of all, they are sooo one-way about everything and never take a joke for what it is.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

There. I have successfully poked fun at both Christianity and Islam, in one picture I found on the interwebz. Bring it on extremist.

Seriously, I don't understand the people who are actually bowing down to these fear-mongers. You don't deserve the 1st amendment, nor do you deserve the liberties our founders fought so hard to obtain. Life can be cruel, people can be cruel, grow a pair and deal with it. America constantly gets labelled and depicted as something awful; we've been painted worse than some muslim with a bomb as a turban. You don't see us, the people of America, killing those artist and writers in the streets, do you? We even criticize our own worse than any outsider could imagine, read these forums, our political leaders are being called Antichrists, and the political cartoons run rampant with vile and crude, yet funny, illustrations of these men and women. We poke fun at ourselves, we satirize everything that could ever be considered holy or sacred, but you want us to stop because a few people are getting upset and throwing tantrums? Please.... If you want respect earn it, and respect isn't earned through threats and terrorism.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I love this idea as well. I have to heartily disagree with those that say we're poking around with something that shouldn't be poked and that we should let sleeping dogs lie so to speak.

Sure this may offend inocent muslims but there is a much bigger issue here. No one person, country, ethnic group, company, business, corporation, organizion, association or religion should be above the law or above free speech. I do get offended by certain things but I choose to either turn the channel, boycott, take my business elsewhere, cancel my subscription, delete my profile or any of the hundred other choices that I can make.

What I don't do is threaten them with death when someone offends me. This is terrorism and we should not be held hostage by a religion that we do not belong to. If I do not belong to Scientology, does that mean that I still should audited? If I am not a follower of a particular mormon sect does that mean that I still 'have' to have multiple wives? If I am not a member of a certain christian sect does that still mean that I have to forgo fish on friday and so on?

Islam is just one religious sect. If we are not followers than we are not, and should not be held accountable to it's laws and practices. Thus, drawing Mohammed should not get us or anyone in any trouble nor stir the pot.

Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
star and flag.

i'll be sure to draw Mohammed and make fun of his ass. Thanks!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

do you know why muhammed is different?
because unlike other religious figures, not even the muslims draw him. christians and hindus and Buddhist all create idols for thier prophets and gods, but the muslims dont.

I should stop you right there. What is it you have reverence for, exactly? Is it the rules of the religion or the new ideas people within the religion create. Are all the holy wars brought about by Islamic extremists also due your respect and reverence? How about the Fatwa on Rushdie? That sort of thing the type of thing you respect?

I am just curious if it is really religion you respect of the scary ideas crazy people put forward because of their own misconceptions about religion. Chrstians are forbidden from draqing pictures of God and the prophets as well, you know. They just refuse to pay attention to that part.

So someone like you, what is it you respect there? The rules or the common practice to violate those rules?

Just curious.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
so if i poke fun at someone and they don't have enough humility to shake it off and just say poor idiot, they can threaten me with death?
Many years ago my ancestors had an idea of freedoms, so they made their own colony and faught for it. Some died for it too.
I am not a warmongering American but i am most certainly not religious, i do however believe there is some sort of deity out there.
Now i don't fully agree with the war we have going on in the sandbox over yonder and what i saw on the wikileaks video enfuriated me to no end.
But if this is the enemy our boys are fighting over there then i say please, more civilians all of em. then maybe we can poke fun at each other and look back on it and laugh.
War is for idiots i always have said, but it is looking sweeter the more i learn of our....Enemy.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by g146541]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

do you know why muhammed is different?
because unlike other religious figures, not even the muslims draw him. christians and hindus and Buddhist all create idols for thier prophets and gods, but the muslims dont.

I should stop you right there. What is it you have reverence for, exactly? Is it the rules of the religion or the new ideas people within the religion create. Are all the holy wars brought about by Islamic extremists also due your respect and reverence? How about the Fatwa on Rushdie? That sort of thing the type of thing you respect?

I am just curious if it is really religion you respect of the scary ideas crazy people put forward because of their own misconceptions about religion. Chrstians are forbidden from draqing pictures of God and the prophets as well, you know. They just refuse to pay attention to that part.

So someone like you, what is it you respect there? The rules or the common practice to violate those rules?

Just curious.
Most of your posts start with that phrase "I should stop you right there" And then the next thing is "someone like you" What the hell are YOU talking about. Bet your co-workers roll their eyes. But you just refuse to pay attention.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SPYvsSPY

I should stop you right there, someone like you wouldn't understand...

Sorry, I had to do it.

link   

english is not my first language and i'm happy enough that i can write and speak it, so you dont have to be an english school teacher about it.

you didnt invade the middle east?

now let me get this straight, just because it says you can doesnt mean you have to mr english teacher rofl

We get it. You hate America.

Well done, now go away, thanks.

link   
Again, why is everyone making a big deal about this obscure website?
Most of its attention came from all of this.

This small groups opinions mean nothing.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

I can't wait for the real thing with the Annoying Mohammod!!

(for anyone who doesn't know, check youtube for the annoying orange... annoying)

[edit on 25/4/2010 by badw0lf]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
"The right to free speech is not a license to slander" - Unknown

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kemal
"The right to free speech is not a license to slander" - Unknown

Im pretty sure slander doesnt apply to 1500 year old prophets.

Anyway in this instance it would be Libel not slander if it did apply.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by skull_bones]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
reply to post by RizeorDie

It is easy, when you move to another country, you conform to the laws and norms of that society, not the other way around. If they can't handle a drawing, go somewhere more oppressive, don't make my home oppressive or there's going to be trouble.

That sounds very much like britain to be honest, they come here and try to change our laws.. if we did that there what would happen? oh maybe nothing but stoned to death.

back on topic, this is a big joke.. goes to show how much religion causes problems. Nothing is being forced on anybody so why are they complaining?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Here's a note to christians, moslems, governments and other wierdos:

Don't tell me what i can or can't draw, ok?

Drawing is so much healthier than killing. I think we should bomb the jews and arabs with crayons and colouring books.

Maybe it distracts them long enough to take their guns away.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gakus
Screw anyone who DARES says i cannot say or express WHATEVER i feel.

This is America, it's ok to make fun of jesus and anyone else except Muhammad? rofl no thanks. Freedom of speech extends to everyone and everything as it does with these #heads threatening US citizens from NEW YORK!!!!!! It doesn't matter what your god is or who you choose to place any form of worship in, as long as this is America WE HAVE A RIGHT to say it/draw it/write it or anything else we choose to do. Anyone who tells you otherwise is imposing on YOUR RIGHTS as a US citizen this is exactly what our forefathers gave their lives for, to defend our right to say WHATEVER we deem we must.

If you think your forefathers died for your right to be an ass, you're sorely mistaken. They died fighting for their rights of freedom of expression from a tyrannical leviathan to the likes of which nothing you have ever experienced. And, you think they died for your right to "make fun of Jesus???" Those same guys that fought for your current rights would have strung you up and burned you to the stake as a witch for your ATTITUDE about religion. Don't think for a second that your great, great, great grandfather wouldn't bend you over his knee for your insolence, especially when you have it so easy. I get so tired of hearing the "Bleeding hearted patriot speech,"...My forefathers did this, my forefathers did that..."

The question is...what have you done except take advantage of the fact that they died for rights that you now, "take for granted." If you were so concerned about your freedom of speech and expression our government wouldn't be out of control RIGHT NOW.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by EvolvedMinistry]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I actually have a great Idea but im a lousy artist so If anyone wants to use it feel free.

I picture two large skyscrapers with a familer skyline, an large airliner baring down on one with mohammad hanging out the cockpit window waving. down the side of the plane it reads MOHAMMAD AIR!

im sure it will piss alot of people off muslims, New yorkers, Americans but hell like south park im a equal opertunity offender!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Freedom of speech? BS. Try drawing an anti-Israeli or anti-Jewish cartoon and post it on your facebook or cubicle. Chances are you won't have a job or many friends left except for your buddies from Stormfront and other KKK/Neo Nazi organizations.

Check out some of the comment responses on a newspaper/site reporting this story.

www.mynorthwest.com...

Just swap "Muslim" with "Jew" in some of the comments, and you would think we were living in 1930's Germany.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

Im sure the Christian Jesus have been badly depicted in a bunch of cartoons.. yet there is no uprisings because of this.

Can't we humans just be civilized.. its not like some dude drawing a cartoon burned a mosque or something.

The mental state to burn/crucify someone or whatever for their beliefs is such a medival mentality.. lets just drop this kind of sillyness.

Im sure there is lots of bad silly, poor taste cartoons out there.. yet the cartoons don't hurt people. Stupid people hurt people.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by SilverSurfer]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   
this is so good, I'm in

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join