It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seattle cartoonist: May 22 is ‘Everybody Draw Mohammed Day’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

As a snarky response to Muslim bloggers who "warned" Comedy Central about an episode of South Park showing the Prophet Mohammed wearing a bear suit, one Seattle cartoonist, who calls laughter her form of "prayer," is asking artists all over the world to create depictions of Mohammed on May 20, then submit the images to a Facebook page she set up.

Speaking on a Seattle radio show on Friday, cartoonist Molly Norris said she announced her idea as a way of countering the fear exhibited by Comedy Central in censoring episode 201 of South Park.

At the South Park Studios website, a message was posted that notes, "After we delivered the show, and prior to broadcast, Comedy Central placed numerous additional audio bleeps throughout the episode. We do not have network approval to stream our original version of the show."

The New York-based Revolution Muslim group's Web site was largely unavailable Wednesday but a CNN report said the statement was posted alongside a graphic photo of slain Dutch filmmaker Theo van Gogh, who was murdered by a Muslim extremist in Amsterdam in 2004.

Full Story

I think this is a good thing. What was done AGAIN to South Park was blatant terrorism. Comedy Central, though probably justified in their concerns, allowed terrorism to work in majorly censoring this past weeks episode.
The only way to stop this type of terrorism is to not allow it to work.
Would any Muslim have been offended if we weren't told who was in the "bear suit?"

Maybe if Mohammed were drawn with an updated look, and we weren't told who it was. Would anyone object then?
This cartoonist in the article isn't just accepting pictures of Mohammed. She is apparently asking for all cartoonist drawings of all religious figures to be submitted to thisFacebook page.
Will Facebook "puss out" as was said in South Park a few years ago about Comedy Central and have the page pulled? Probably. I could go into a huge religious spiel right now about most everything they all do is terrorism to make you conform to their beliefs, but I won't.
I feel everyone, not just cartoonists upload pictures of all religious figures. Not just Mohammad. To quote South Park on last time, "It's either all OK(to make fun of), or none of it is."

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/93295ee9df14.jpg[/atsimg]
How many people did that picture scare? That's Bin Laden....as far as you know....

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
just let it go, why gotta keep poking. i know its unfair that you cant make fun of muhammed because the muslims are over sensitive but you've all seen what happens when its done. i mean do we really have to make fun of a figure thats so respected by his followers?

i see no point in doing this art thing, it just provokes for terrorist acts and will only cause harm to people that rpobably had nothing to do with it.

everyone is just happy not making fun of muhammed, so why do it?

let it go

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The creators of South Park know exactly what they were doing... They were hoping for exactly this sort of reaction...though they could do with out the death threats...

Mocking a religion is guaranteed to get protests. I'm sure Catholic/Christian groups fussed about Jesus being portrayed as he was in various episodes...

They're all silly. But religion tends to make people leave their brains in their other pants...

Not a big South Park fan anymore, so it really means little to nothing to me...tempest in a teapot, if you will.

So far as continuing the fuss with a Draw Mohammed Day? Dumb is as good a word as any... Do they actually want riots? Poke a nest of hornets and what's going to happen?

[edit on 4/24/2010 by seagull]

+43 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I don't think it should just be "let go". There is a point to make, and we are making it. Muslims shouldn't be free from being made fun of, just like Christians are, and buddhist's, and hindu's. The first amendment protects us, and we should not be in fear of our lives for a cartoon.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Typical american, go blow up countries, and start wars against people that have nothing to do with you, then your mad that people do not like you.

Amazing how americans have no respect for nothing, while obama gets america to torture and kill all over the world, they just want to rub it in there face.

At least usa will be like everywhere else one day, and man do these people not have any clue about what they are talking about. I do not like muslims, but man americans are obsessed with creating hatred against foreign people for no reason.

Ron paul is the only sensible american out of 300 million, and he is misunderstood because he is a passive man, something against american tradition of violence.

If your a passive person in this world, americans goes mental, that people exist they cannot understand.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I think that is an intresting concept.

Lets start a war with the muslims over art.

That would be hilarious!

I would enter a drawing but I can't draw for crap.

But I have an Idea...

Mohammad eating Bacon and Talking to Allah ... This ain't half bad ....

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well the hard line cleric started a war with the "BOOBS" and so far I think the "BOOBS" are wining.

+27 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If Muslims are so terribly offended by a cartoon of Mohammed, why not, I don't know, go live in an Islamic theocratic state where it can't happen? Oh wait, the ones doing all the whining did live in an Islamic theocratic state and they made the conscious choice to leave and move to a free society where no one gets special treatment!

*edited insult*

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on Sat Apr 24 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I learned something today...

These radical people have successfully achieved censorship over all of us by threatening to kill or otherwise harm people associated with the airing of the show south park.

The South Park guys might offend a lot of people, but
nobody should be able to forcefully impose their "values" and ideas on other people.

I don't blame Fox for not wanting to take the battle with the extremists. It's their right.

But it gravely concerns me that we are forced into censorship by extremists claiming that they have the right to kill people that oppose their own ideals.

Does it justify a draw-mohammed day? Not yet, but maybe a draw mohammed YEAR is a good repercussion for the next time they kill a person in the name of man made rules of a religion.

[edit on Apr 24, 10 by mimer]

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Typical american, go blow up countries, and start wars against people that have nothing to do with you, then your mad that people do not like you.

Yep... Every single one of us... Blowin' up countries...then having the gall to be upset when folks get pissed... Please spare me the typical non american viewpoint...

Amazing how americans have no respect for nothing, while obama gets america to torture and kill all over the world, they just want to rub it in there face.

No respect for nothing? Wow... We're a vile bunch of folks, aren't we? Nope, no respect for nothin'. Yep, everyone of us, goin' 'round the world just a killin' and a torturin'... All of us... Neener, neener, neener...(rubbing it in...)

At least usa will be like everywhere else one day, and man do these people not have any clue about what they are talking about.

God forbid... That might make me more like all those folks who stereotype the whole, for the words or actions of the few... ...and just as clueless...

I do not like muslims, but man americans are obsessed with creating hatred against foreign people for no reason.

You don't like them, yet you're taking "all" americans to task for creating hatred? Are you even listening to yourself?

Ron paul is the only sensible american out of 300 million, and he is misunderstood because he is a passive man, something against american tradition of violence.

Sensible american... What's that? I thought we were all clueless murderers and torturers...who create hatred, then complain about it... Has it occured to you that if there's one, there might be more? *sigh*

If your a passive person in this world, americans goes mental, that people exist they cannot understand.

Oh, my god... IT'S A PASSIVE PERSON...SHOOT HIM...HURRY, HE MIGHT BE CONTAGIOUS...

You might want to lighten up on the stereotypes there, sir... No group of people are as identical in outlook as you're accusing us of being... Why...some of us are even passive...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
If Muslims are so terribly offended by a cartoon of Mohammed, why not, I don't know, go live in an Islamic theocratic state where it can't happen? Oh wait, the ones doing all the whining did live in an Islamic theocratic state and they made the conscious choice to leave and move to a free society where no one gets special treatment!

I see the problem here, they aren't over sensitive about their beliefs, they're just morons.

last time a cartoon of muhammed was drawn there was protests everywhere not only in europe. so even if the muslims went back you'll still get the same reaction and maybe even worse, why? because the muslims will jhear of it and call it an unjustified provocation and then call for a holy war... you make life sound so easy but in reality its complicated. but then again every person has their own way of thinking according to the capacity of their brains.

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

It is easy, when you move to another country, you conform to the laws and norms of that society, not the other way around. If they can't handle a drawing, go somewhere more oppressive, don't make my home oppressive or there's going to be trouble.

+14 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Here I go. I am starting early.

&_
| 0 0 |
| ^ |
||||
|
_|_
|
|
/\

Muhammed

[edit on 24-4-2010 by hotpinkurinalmint]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

are you saying that if you cant make fun of people then you're home is oppressive?

you want the freedom to take the piss out of people yes?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I fail to see the smarts behind slinging a joke at someone that can't take a joke.

Radical muslims are perfectly okay with killing people. They've proved this again and again. It doesn't matter if it's over something as simple as depicting someone in a bad light, or any light for that matter. So why do something that you know is going to

A. Give people a laugh at others expense,
B. Pave the way for hatred of a homicidal nature?

Bad idea. Free speech and all that. Woo Hoo! But this idea sucks. And not doing it isn't "bowing to terrorists", it's avoiding "asking for it".

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Why don't you just go live in a cave right now because I can probably find a way in which every aspect of you life offends the good books of one religion or another. If you disallow drawing Mohammed, you have to disallow a whole pile of other things.

My neighbour gets visually shaken if you suggest Noah didn't really save all the animals on a giant ark. Should we start a book burning of everything Darwin?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Why don't you just go live in a cave right now because I can probably find a way in which every aspect of you life offends the good books of one religion or another. If you disallow drawing Mohammed, you have to disallow a whole pile of other things.

My neighbour gets visually shaken if you suggest Noah didn't really save all the animals on a giant ark. Should we start a book burning of everything Darwin?

so basically you cant live life without offending other people. that was the whole point of my discussion to you yet you didnt reply to it. maybe if you had a brain in you're head then you can see that nothing good comes out of offending others, especially if you know they're crazy extremists that are willing to kill innocent people.

maybe well wait untill some islamic terrorist somehwere kills a memeber of you're family then you can get back to me with how you feel rofl

dont offend people kid, they can hurt you haha

[edit on 24-4-2010 by RizeorDie]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RizeorDie

so basically you cant live life without offending other people. that was the whole point of my discussion to you yet you didnt reply to it. maybe if you had a brain in you're head then you can see that nothing good comes out of offending others, especially if you know they're crazy extremists that are willing to kill innocent people.

maybe well wait untill some islamic terrorist somehwere kills a memeber of you're family then you can get back to me with how you feel rofl

dont offend people kid, they can hurt you haha

[edit on 24-4-2010 by RizeorDie]

So it's ok for muslims to threaten to and actually murder people for drawing pictures of their prophets?
It's called drawing a line, and finally saying no, we won't allow you to try to push your theocracy on a place where we have freedom of speech.
Just curious, do you think we should not have the freedom to make fun of others?

[edit on 24-4-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Its gonna happen eventually.....

I just want in matt and trey's bunker whent the religious start falling apart.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

why didnt the muslims protest when south park drew muhammed in 2004?

becuase they didnt offend him in any way, it was a character

why did the muslims protest becuase of the drawings by the danish cartoonist?

becuase he drew muhammed with a bomb on his head.

theres a certain line you shouldnt cross, its called the sh** line, if you cross it you're asking to be covered in sh**!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join