It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you support the ILLEGALS?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

In truth, we need to stand together as a HUMAN "race" and respect and value our diversity and various skill sets embedded in our respective cultures, or just leave each other alone. Otherwise the gray area in between these polarities will be filled with more senseless bloodshed.

We agree on this completely, although we may believe differently as to the solutions. Also, I never got started sharing my opinion of the white man's crimes which I believe you would find particularly scathing and even more extreme than your posts suggest yours are...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
back in the day when i was an asshole i would say get rid of them, but our government probably just wanted their votes, and now they think they have the right to destroy those families? its our country's fault for allowing this to happen in the first place, we as humans need to work together now!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

The fault in that line of reasoning should be immediately evident to you, or do you think that the majority of Mexicans crossing the border are familiar with their own Constitution?

Lowest common denominator.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by D377MC
reply to post by antonia

The fault in that line of reasoning should be immediately evident to you, or do you think that the majority of Mexicans crossing the border are familiar with their own Constitution?

Lowest common denominator.

No, the fault here is you seem to think Mexicans have some kind of drastically different political culture when they do not. Most illegals in this country are not screaming for the repeal of the first amendment, Miranda rights and the 2nd amendment. You are trying to compare this to Sharia law and it's not going to work as Mexicans don't practice anything remotely similar to that and tend to buy into most western political concepts.

As for most Mexicans not being familiar with their constitution...You do know most Americans can't even tell you what 5 rights the first amendment guarantees? I don't see you screaming about what a danger this is.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by antonia]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
People tend to overlook the humans who are already here from the get go and the humans who continue to come into this country through legal means. Our economy has tanked not because of the Illegals in our society but because of the greedy bureaucrats and corporations who only thought about profit. With those facts aside, why must our economy continue to pave a yellow brick road for every frikin human to come America leech off of the hard working individuals who are the American Citizens.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm just trying to point out the hypocrisy in one group of "illegals" telling another group of "illegals", whose ancestry in this land predates that of the first group, to leave, and to call out the strong racist undercurrent often present at these anti immigration rallies. The only people benefiting from the hype and hyperbole is disgraced republican politicians playing on the populist notions of middle class Americans to try to win back their favor and votes. And don't even get me started on the democrats, with they're healthcare tax that benefits big insurance and conveniently distracts us from the wars they promised to end.......

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

why must our economy continue to pave a yellow brick road for every frikin human to come America leech off of the hard working individuals who are the American Citizens.

Because that is the "idea" that is America.

It sounds to me that now that you have the rights and privledges America offers...you would like to limit it for some odd reason. Don't give me the crap that you are for legal immigration...because from previous statements you have made...you are only for very very limited legal immigration.

The more I read your posts the more I think you are some type of odd elitist...I don't think you are rich or powerful...but you want to feel more privledged than others...and the best and only way you can do that is to try to keep others from having the rights and privledges you now have as an American.

It's pathetic.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

As for most Mexicans not being familiar with their constitution...You do know most Americans can't even tell you what 5 rights the first amendment guarantees? I don't see you screaming about what a danger this is.

Strange, you are obviously not really reading my posts: this is exactly the problem I am pointing to and is largely the result of disastrous immigration policies. Americans no longer have a clue about the fundamentals of their heritage. I don't think I can make it any more simple....

You are fixated on Mexicans for some reason, which I do not understand as it is not that relevant. The Mexicans crossing the border are definitely not the cultural elite of the country - that would be enriching.

The issue is the cultural heritage our freedoms stem from, why do you refuse to see this? Why do we have to keep confusing the issue?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

reply to post by AllIsOne

There is nothing ‘deeply flawed and misguided’ about it though, definitely not that you have demonstrated; graciously concede that the fact that you do not agree with something you probably do not fully understand does not make it wrong, and let’s move on from there – what then, is American Culture?

As I stated in my previous post, under all non-despotic forms of government, concord -- agreement on the fundamentals -- is obviously an essential. In its ethnic and cultural composition, America has always been predominantly European, and it has always been European in its religious makeup. The sources of such fundamentally American notions as individualism, the rule of law, private property, political liberty, and limited government, to mention only a few, are derived from systems of philosophical and political thought that are uniquely European.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by D377MC]

You know I was really afraid it would come down to this. You are saying that America is based on white, anglo-saxon culture. That is so ignorant my friend! As long as we have educated people like you who run around with huge blinders we will always have racism in this country. I assume, and please tell me that I'm wrong, that you have only caucasian friends.

Please step out of your ivory tower and look around: America has always been and will continue to be an amalgam of different cultures, ethnicities and belief systems. You are totally ignoring on whose shoulders this country was built on. You are willfully ignoring the contributions (by blood and sweat) of people of African and Asian decent.

It's like saying our body's weight is mainly in the torso and legs, so we can cut off the arms and take out the brain. Those parts are only 15% of the mass and therefore ignorable.

My friend, you have miserably failed in defining what American culture is. You have shown your hand and it is an ugly one.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Strange, you are obviously not really reading my posts: this is exactly the problem I am pointing to and is largely the result of disastrous immigration policies. Americans no longer have a clue about the fundamentals of their heritage. I don't think I can make it any more simple....

And what does this have to do with illegal immigration?

You are fixated on Mexicans for some reason, which I do not understand as it is not that relevant. The Mexicans crossing the border are definitely not the cultural elite of the country - that would be enriching.

Because in case you haven't noticed the good bulk of the people being whined about in this thread are illegal immigrants from Mexico.

The issue is the cultural heritage our freedoms stem from, why do you refuse to see this? Why do we have to keep confusing the issue?

My point is Mexicans share the same heritage by and large. They buy into the same ideals so what you are alleging is some kind of issue is in fact not an issue at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

reply to post by AllIsOne

There is nothing ‘deeply flawed and misguided’ about it though, definitely not that you have demonstrated; graciously concede that the fact that you do not agree with something you probably do not fully understand does not make it wrong, and let’s move on from there – what then, is American Culture?

As I stated in my previous post, under all non-despotic forms of government, concord -- agreement on the fundamentals -- is obviously an essential. In its ethnic and cultural composition, America has always been predominantly European, and it has always been European in its religious makeup. The sources of such fundamentally American notions as individualism, the rule of law, private property, political liberty, and limited government, to mention only a few, are derived from systems of philosophical and political thought that are uniquely European.

You know I was really afraid it would come down to this. You are saying that America is based on white, anglo-saxon culture. That is so ignorant my friend! As long as we have educated people like you who run around with huge blinders we will always have racism in this country. I assume, and please tell me that I'm wrong, that you have only caucasian friends.

Please step out of your ivory tower and look around: America has always been and will continue to be an amalgam of different cultures, ethnicities and belief systems. You are totally ignoring on whose shoulders this country was built on. You are willfully ignoring the contributions (by blood and sweat) of people of African and Asian decent.

It's like saying our body's weight is mainly in the torso and legs, so we can cut off the arms and take out the brain. Those parts are only 15% of the mass and therefore ignorable.

My friend, you have miserably failed in defining what American culture is. You have shown your hand and it is an ugly one.

Exactly, this European origin of American culture was and is a fallacy. American religion? Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, all from the middle east. American music(and associated dance steps)? Blues, Jazz, Rock, Hip-hop, all African based. American food? Depends on your region, however truly influenced by cultures from everywhere. There is nothing intrinsically European about America except the authority figures, and even that is changing (as for why, you better believe there's a happy go lucky component as well as a far more sinister one- that's another thread though). America's cultural domination is due to the fact people around the world can see reflections of themselves in it, because America's strength has always been it's diversity, and amalgamation of ideas spanning history and culture worldwide. All of us lumped in together has made for great innovation, as well as monumental conflicts between each other. So no, I refute the idea of European genesis for the basis of the greatness of the country. It was and is a combined effort. The colonies were indeed started by Europeans, but the life and soul of this country is not expressed in polka, or waltzes. More like blues and rock. A European may have conceived a vast railroad, but you know who built it? A whole lotta asians.A white architect may have drafted a grand blueprint for the white house, but a whole lotta Africans built it (how perverse to then name it the "white house"!) So, give credit where due, know no man is an island, and laugh together. If we can laugh together, we can do any, ANY thing together (and well).

[edit on 25-4-2010 by siahchi]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

From pg 6

We are past the stage in which a disease only manifests as symptoms. This is a cancer in our society that needs to be treated stat. Intervention is necessary to avoid further spread.

Can't really see a remedy in redundance.
Ok, So your perscribed course of action is?
Forgive me if I missed it, I did look over most of the thread.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You are saying that America is based on white, anglo-saxon culture.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. You do get the main drift after a while thankfully....

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

I thought we were having a serious conversation, but your defining culture in the context of this discussion by food and music just put an end to my illusions.

Fast-food restaurants and hip-hop music? Do you mind if I ask your age and educational background?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I assume, and please tell me that I'm wrong, that you have only caucasian friends.

You are completely wrong and are dealing with someone who has lived a minimum of two years in nine different countries, and who has friends from any race or walk of life you care to, or are able to mention.

You are an obvious product of a shoddy educational system: your use and understanding of key terms such as racism, diversity and multiculturalism are a clear testimony to that fact.

My friend, you have miserably failed in defining what American culture is.

...whereas by mentioning food and music you have succeeded. You simply lack the intellect to discuss this topic I guess, but I don't hold that against you.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I assume, and please tell me that I'm wrong, that you have only caucasian friends.

You are completely wrong and are dealing with someone who has lived a minimum of two years in nine different countries, and who has friends from any race or walk of life you care to, or are able to mention.

You are an obvious product of a shoddy educational system: your use and understanding of key terms such as racism, diversity and multiculturalism are a clear testimony to that fact.

My friend, you have miserably failed in defining what American culture is.

...whereas by mentioning food and music you have succeeded. You simply lack the intellect to discuss this topic I guess, but I don't hold that against you.

First of all I have never mentioned food and music in my posts, so you have your wires crossed on many levels my friend.

Secondly, you can boost about your ethnic friends all you want. They're not your friends because you deny them any fundamental part in building this beautiful country. You are not able to understand the human building blocks of our "American" culture. And yes - now I do mention it - the previous poster is absolutely correct about mentioning music and food. They're a major part of any culture. If you were able to define Jazz, you'd be able to define America, but I'm not holding my breath because your knowledge is narrow, but your ego is wide ...

Re my education. I'm very privileged to attend the College of Life everyday. It taught me to respect and cherish all cultures and not live with preconceived fallacies about white cultural superiority. It's that simple my friend.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Well there you go then...I'll stick with discussing freedoms and the universal principles America was built on, and you can continue answering hot-dogs, hamburgers and burritos.

Who do you reckon we should attribute the Pyramids to then? The mathematicians, astrologers and architects or the slaves who hauled the bricks?

I don't think we will agree, so lets just leave it at that.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by siahchi

I thought we were having a serious conversation, but your defining culture by food and music just put an end to my illusions.

Fast-food restaurants and hip-hop music? Do you mind if I ask your age and educational background?

I see now.
Your old money, with your typical views. Your just a different generation I guess.
As for credentials, which your worldview has caused you to require of an individual you were having a conversation with so better to categorize and find some way to feel superior to them, I'll only give you my words on ATS and this: A huge part of culture is it's food. Since you seem somewhat of a francophile, I'll give you this, when in Évian Les Bains, I like to start dinner with escargots de bourgogne, and as a main dish poulet a la demi-deuil, with a glass of Rousette. Pardon if my spelling is off, I don't really speak much French. When in Chicago, I like a good roast beef/ corned beef sub, with vinegar and peppers. Kelderata and kere kare when I visit the Philippines, and wholesome, delicious zayt u za'atar in Palestine. I don't give a d4mn where you went to school, what are your favorite foods?
You don't even have any threads, it seems you just lurk in political forums and wait for someone to engage you. I'd estimate your age at a snarky 19-22 years old. Live a little.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
You are more than 15 years off...and yes, your spelling leaves a lot to be desired.

I am also relatively uninterested in what you eat.

What I would be interested in is assisting you in overcoming the shallow clichés your posts are peppered with, although I have yet to figure out if you sincerely believe what you exhale or whether you have a further purpose.

At any rate, when discussing illegal immigration and the cultural devastation it has wrought, steering the cultural implications towards food is a sign of one of two things: stupidity or dishonesty.

Finally, it is not the desire to feel superior in any way which made me pose such a question, simply the sincere desire to understand where you come from, what makes you think the way you do..and possibly, who is poisoning your mind.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
Don't dare mention a responsible immigration plan in ATS.

It's racist!

Your right, illegal immigration should be dealt with.

I simply fail to see why its suddenly become a burning issue, more important than dissolving the Federal Reserve, dissolving the corporate USA government, putting tariffs on all asian merchandise, stopping drugs from getting in, etc.

That aside, yes most border runners want to work to make a better life, but is that porous border not letting in drug runners, and expanding MS-13 in major US cities?

Why doesn't the fbi arrest the gangs or simply deport them home?

Are they not capable? Haha yeah right! The fbi can do ANYTHING it wants because it is ALL POWERFUL. They can wire-tap your phone, read your emails, put spy cameras IN your house, etc. They don't even need a warrant anymore thanks to DHS and the cia.

Face it, they DON'T want to do anything productive. They only wish to DESTROY the country as they have been doing for MANY DECADES and getting away with it!

And I am tired of the "Why are you only mentioning the brown skinned illegals from south of the border?"

How many illegal Icelanders or Canadians are here, compared to illegal Mexicans?

That's what I thought. Now shut up and quit making yourself look stupid.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Darkrunner]

Tell that to the rockefellers, rothschilds, duponts, kennedys, vanderbilts, onassis, the lies, astors, mcdonalds, krups, disney family, etc who all take GREAT PLEASURE destroying countries for their benefit. Also don't forget the catholic church!

If mexico, bangladesh, india, somalia, afghanistan, pakistan, honduras, nicaragua, ecuador, china wasn't so poor ass backwards I doubt people would be flocking to the USA in the first place.

Now that they are done BANKRUPTING and DEPOPULATING third world countries I am sure they have their sights set on america and europe as top priority. The one world government can only exist if ALL THE COUNTRIES become 2nd tier nations. That is the truth!

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join