Why do you support the ILLEGALS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+14 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Why do you support the ILLEGALS?

Don't try to answer this by who do I hate the Illegals. Illegals are here in this country illegally. They have no rights to be here and certainly can not use or prescribe to the rights of our constitution.

This problem has gone unnoticed far too long. Too many administrations have put this problem aside as it takes further toll on our communities, schools, workplace, & safety. Illegals continue to starve America from its efforts to support the unfortunate American Citzens. How much of our state, fedral Aid and support is doled out to illegals?

The Federation for American Immigration Reform (an advocate group interested in immigration reform),[100] used the U.S. INS statistics on how many illegal immigrants are residing in each country and the U.S. Dept of Education's current expenditure per pupil by state, and found the estimated cost of educating illegal alien students and U.S. citizen children of illegal aliens in 2004 was $29.6 billion.
-Wiki

The above is just the bare minimum estimate from 2004. And that is only for education. Factor in other costs that us the taxpayer has to foot Subsidized housing, Food Stamps, Child Support, Free Health Care.....

Waves of illegal immigrants are taking a heavy toll on U.S. public lands along the Mexican border, federal officials say.[129] Mike Coffeen, a biologist with the Fish and Wildlife Service in Tucson, Arizona found the level of impact to be shocking.[129] "Environmental degradation has become among the migration trend's most visible consequences, a few years ago, there were 45 abandoned cars on the Buenos Aires refuge near Sasabe, Arizona and enough trash that a volunteer couple filled 723 large bags with 18,000 pounds of garbage over two months in 2002."[130]

"It has been estimated that the average desert-walking immigrant leaves behind 8 pounds of trash during a journey that lasts one to three days if no major incidents occur. Assuming half a million people cross the border illegally into Arizona annually, that translates to 2,000 tons of trash that migrants dump each year."[131]

Illegal immigrants trying to get to the United States via the Mexican border with southern Arizona are suspected of having caused eight major wildfires in 2002. The fires destroyed 68,413 acres (276.86 km2) and cost taxpayers $5.1 million to fight.[132]

Illegal immigrants have also used many parks inside the United States to grow and then distribute illegal drugs, turning previously protected nature areas into "heavily armed drug compounds".
-wiki

Why should this continue?

Why is it even allowed?

Why do American Citizens stand up for this kind of behavior?

My last question is Why Do you hate AMERICA?

The citizens of America are the most generous citizens in the entire world. When tsunami hit in SE Asia, it was the Americans who provided the MOST monetary relief. When Chile and Haiti were hit with Earthquakes it was the American citizen who provided the MOST monetary relief. Why do you call us Racist, bigots, when all we are trying to do is protect our LANDS. We care about the Nations of the globe, but when we are the ones in trouble and are trying to fight this problem..We get called names.

Americans have always stood up for those outside of our borders, now when it is our turn no one wants to stand up for us. Well, Citizens of the US need to show that they believe in their country will do everything to protects its border.

Think of this nation as your HOUSE. You put up a fence to keep strangers out, you lock your doors & windows to keep strangers out, you put up a alarm system to keep thieves and crooks out, and if all fails you call 911 to come to rescue. The citizens of the border states have been dialing 911 for the longest time, and now Arizona has come to the rescue.

To those who continue to show support against reform, do you keep your doors open, windows open, and go to sleep soundly knowing you are going to be safe?

[edit on 24-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I believe that America is the foundation for a new and prosperous life, however you cannot sneak here, and just say "hey, it's cool, I'm already here, just let me stay". We are dealing with not illegal aliens, but with Criminal Trespassers. I think that they should be treated accordingly. And for keeping all of the illegals in jail, we should literally send a bill to the President of Mexico. Then maybe they will crack down on people sneaking out!

+10 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

The citizens of America are the most generous citizens in the entire world. When tsunami hit in SE Asia, it was the Americans who provided the MOST monetary relief. When Chile and Haiti were hit with Earthquakes it was the American citizen who provided the MOST monetary relief. Why do you call us Racist, bigots, when all we are trying to do is protect our LANDS. We care about the Nations of the globe, but when we are the ones in trouble and are trying to fight this problem..We get called names.

Not this fairy-tale again...*sighs*

The US is FAR from the most generous nation in the world when it comes to foreign aid...

In 2008, the US gave 0.18% of its GNI (Gross National Income) to the rest of the world in aid as per the table on this page, which is well down the list...

Yes, the US gives the most aid in raw dollar terms, around $26 billion in 2008, as it should...Given the US has the largest economy in the world, this is hardly a surprise...

Anyone who claims the US is the most generous nation in the world when it comes to foreign aid is either dishonest, stupid or both...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I would not call myself a "supporter" of illegal aliens. I would say that illegal aliens certainly contribute to our society by providing cheap labor. I would also acknowledge there are costs to having illegal aliens here. Illegal aliens use government services. While many illegal aliens are honest and hard working, some of them come here to freeload off the system and some of them commit crimes like robbery and murder. Although illegal aliens usually take jobs Americans would not do, there are some instances where illegal aliens really are competing with American workers.

I think our country's immigration policy should be geared towards maximizing the benefits illegal aliens bring, while reducing the negatives of illegal aliens' presence. Roundups and scapegoating are not the answer to the issues illegal aliens pose. These measures are mean spirited and counter-productive.

I would allow amnesty for illegal aliens, but I would attach many preconditions to that amnesty like paying back taxes, having a clean criminal record, and paying back any government benefits received. I would also advocate swift deportations of any illegal aliens who are arrested for felonies. Finally I would strictly enforce employment laws in those situations when illegal aliens are competing against Americans for jobs.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This is the most loaded question I've seen posted by a member in some time.

I don't support illegals, I don't "hate America", I hate it when we feel the need to give up rights for "security".

What I hate is when people blindly support any solution, to any problem, when it involves stripping away basic human rights, as well as infringe on the constitutional rights of the people who live here.

I bet you supported the Patriot Act and think anyone who is against it is
"against AMURIKKKA!" too, right?

I'm an American, I have family members for several generations who have fought in conflicts around the world, and as an American, the one thing embedded into my being is the idea that the individual has rights that can't be infringed upon, and that choosing to infringe upon certain rights for security brings neither (to paraphrase that Ben Franklin quote). Not only that, but your character and your virtue is sacrificed in doing so, two things I myself choose to hold dearly too.

I don't believe this is a case of a racism though. Racism is the belief that one race is better or worst than another, and that's it. What this IS though is prejudicial. The law passed allows a slippery slope of prejudice, and abuse that will definitively come from this, something that can't be denied. I don't give a damn if the governor is going to make extra extra sure that it doesn't happen, because it WILL happen.

Sadly it's a situation that has people stuck between a rock and a hard place. While I VEHEMENTLY disagree with you on this issue, I fully understand why you feel this needs to be done because. and I'll be honest with you, there aren't many solutions for this problem. I'm certainly one to argue that we need to fix the leak before we bail the water out first, but beyond that the solutions for getting illegals out of this country are few and far between.

But regardless, this doesn't mean we should sacrifice fundamental American beliefs for security. It seems like some people in this country will cry (and rightly so) whenever the constitution is ripped to shreds by politicians and yet when it does something YOU support, you're OKAY WITH IT! Me, I'm not a hypocrite, I care more about the principles of which America is founded on than anything else. Because I see them as principles not only allowed to Americans, but any and every human being, and when we decide we can sacrifice these rights we're just inching towards stronger and stronger government and a stronger totalitarian feel of America.

You ask me a loaded question, I'll ask one for you. Why are you okay with destroying the constitution when it suits YOUR needs? Why do you hate America's principles.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by SpectreDC]

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Have you all forgotten that these are hard working people just like you and me? Just trying to make a life for themselves?

Did you ever stop the think about the actual immigration process? The ammount of work, loop holes and utter BS that is required to become a legal and valid American Citizen?

These are all factors that contribute to the problem of illegal immigration. If the system was set up so that you could get citizenship easily and in a timely manner, so long as all the variables were accounted for, the problem would hardly exist.

The truth of the matter is that YOU allow it to happen, as YOU are the ones voting your officials into office and letting it slide everytime they fail to rectify the problem.

Remember, when you point the finger at somebody, there's always 3 pointing back at you

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

I cannot believe you just said that. You need 1: a lesson in history and 2: to use common sense. Whenever there is a major disaster in the world who is the first country to step in and help EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

watch this video www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Illegal humans would not be here BUT for the criminals who hire them.

It is that simple.

I would rather support and show compassion to a fellow human trying to make a life for themselves than corporate/individual criminals who hire illegals and earn their own parasitic living off the backs and lives of these people.

Borders are just another bullet in the arsenol of nwo weapons dividing humans. Getting us to focus hate towards humans vs the source of the problem (corporate greed) is a successful nwo tactic.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76

I cannot believe you just said that. You need 1: a lesson in history and 2: to use common sense. Whenever there is a major disaster in the world who is the first country to step in and help EVERY SINGLE TIME!!!

watch this video www.youtube.com...

Really??

Darfur...

Uganda...

Rwanda...

Should I continue? Where was your country then?

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

I sir am a strict constitutionalist, and I am 100% against the patriot act, but the bill arizona just passed does not violate your rights in any way.

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Which of you was let in by the Natives? None? Well, that makes you all illegal. How 'bout you hop on yer boats and head back to where you came from then, eh?

No one there is legal save those who were already there.

Might I also ask why you believe your families went there to begin with? Why do you suppose? To live freely and with some chance to raise their kids in a better place, right? What do you think those "ILLEGALS" want? The same bloody thing. Who are you to deny them that dream when your forefathers were just as illegal in the eyes of the genuine natives?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

From my perspective that is 0.18% too much. Foreign aid is a waste of money. You also need to factor the "in kind" aid which is mostly baked into the defense budget as well as the intelligence support we give other countries which both significantly off-set the amount of money these nations would otherwise have to spend on items like defense and their own intelligence.

Lets also not forget food aid which is baked into the budget of the Dept. of Arigriculture, the aid to educational programs baked into the Dept. of Education and down the line.

The money you are referring to are the cash handouts only. The actual number out of pocket in fungible costs is significantly higher.

And, of course you knew that

link   
Again, to the naysayers. I am asking why do you show your support to ILLEGAL immigration. Our legal immigration is still heck of a lot better than other countries where you are made to wait years and years.

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Those are all acts of genocide that America knew nothing about until the end of them. And I was thinking more along the lines of natural disasters, and such, not civil war. We have also given billions of dollars to rebuild all of Europe, and Japan after WWII. Was that our job or even our obligation? No, but as America we did it because we are the greatest nation on Earth.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I support them because they are human beings. Illegal is just a word. We took this land illegally. Borders and social differences are no reason to hate on them. I say remove the borders and fine those who work here illegally. To allow the suffering of other humans just because of a made-up line on the ground is just plain evil.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Have you all forgotten that these are hard working people just like you and m

The truth of the matter is that YOU allow it to happen, as YOU are the ones voting your officials into office and letting it slide everytime they fail to rectify the problem.

~Keeper

We are not just allowing illegal aliens to come here by our votes at the ballot box, but we are allowing illegal aliens to come here and stay here by our votes in the marketplace.

If you truly oppose illegal aliens and want to make them all leave tomorrow, you need to put your money where your mouth is. You should be willing to pay high prices for food that is produced only with American labor. You should be willing to pay extra for an American nanny or American gardener.

You should also be willing to boycott companies that directly or indirectly hire illegal aliens. For example, many fortune 500 companies hire outside contractors to perform services like janitorial work or landscaping work. These contractors often employ illegal aliens. You should boycott these companies that indirectly hire illegal aliens and make sure any investment funds you invest in drop these companies from their portfolios.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You can't justify the criminal trespassing of people from Mexico because people hire them! Everyone should be held accountable for their actions, including criminal trespassers.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Once again you are missing the point of this whole topic: The people who criminally trespass onto American soil are breaking the law, plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I say remove the borders and fine those who work here illegally. To allow the suffering of other humans just because of a made-up line on the ground is just plain evil.

Your post has me scratching my head. How would you have the borders removed and fine illegals if no borders exist? Illegals are cross the border to come in instead of coming in through the legal channels.

Are American citizens then not human? Is our safety of no concern? Are our rights and freedoms justifiable to be run upon by the illegal herds?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

Wow, you and Hotpink got the bases covered.

I don't support illegal immigration either. I can't help but wonder why people who hate the illegals for the cost they incur upon taxpayers are eerily silent when it comes to the taxpayer money being wasted by our government?

A 13 trillion dollar debt didn't grow overnight.

Funny thing is that the debt and illegals have two things in common.

Politicians. Yet we tend to keep electing them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join