It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

University of Arizona, Vatican and Jesuits Name New Telescope ‘Lucifer’

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I'm sorry but i am not familiar with RCC and google couldnt help me.

As for why scientists would use lucifer to me it's quite obvious because i am obsessed with the planet venus. The church has supressed science for hundreds of years. They arrested Galileo because of his scientific views.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012

As for why scientists would use lucifer to me it's quite obvious because i am obsessed with the planet venus. The church has supressed science for hundreds of years. They arrested Galileo because of his scientific views.

That's exactly it. The Roman Catholic Church has promoted non-scientific interpretations of various words and concepts through the ages. On the surface this is an attempt to progress to the scientific off of their historic superstitious stance. I see the change in stance as a bit more sinister than that. A small part in a progressive public folding of the Roman Catholic doctrinal tent. Now that, many would say is a very good thing. But for the hundreds of millions of Catholic faithful that will be set adrift, they will be looking for a new "shepherd". And so perhaps an NWO "World Religion" based on science? A scientific shepherd that would promote the virtues of accepting government mandated birth control, accepting euthanasia for the non-productive elderly, accepting limits on self governance and more all for the new doctrine that can be roughly stated as "the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few". I think that's where this is heading. Just my opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012

How can those who think try to rationalize everything within the world is obsessed with science. I truly think that science and religion has a harmony, but can't explain the true designer yet. That being said there is much in science which it cannot explain. Wasn't Galileo a devote Catholic? That being said harmony between two fields can be reach. The unexplained is everywhere, paranormal, ghost, ectoplasm, etc etc

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

First off, Hemisphere, great thread. In reply to BeastMaster I understand where you could deduce how they came to the name that they did for the telescope. Venus is after all the Morning Star.

The pentagon that it traces in the heavens were the source for calculations that the ancient Mayan civilization used to develop their calendar. It is truly something to consider. Venus is supposed to be at its closest to Earth on October 29th I believe.

With a mass that is comparable to Earth's, I wonder if the gravitational forces that it exerts on us will be able to shift our fragile tectonic plates? Which leads me to wonder if some of these earthquakes of late have been the result of gravitational influences. Like the orbit of Venus.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e96ff0612e1c.png[/atsimg]

Which then leads me to wonder about the sacred geometry that is found in artworks and symbols around the world. Are they presented to illicit fear and reverence thereby making the individual more prone to programming? I believe we may be on to something. Just look at this pentagram!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6c9479f22d50.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I think you are on to something. Remember that old ancient ritual that a bunch of powers did somewhere at a hidden park. It almost seem as if it were a pagan ritual.

Again I wanted to state how much we don't know of our universe

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jackflap

Thanks Jack for injecting the science regarding the pentagram pattern in the orbit of Venus. Good information and diagrams.

The Vatican has been obseving the stars for centuries. How long has the Vatican known about these conjuntions of Venus? Do they know? Are they getting on board the scientific "Love Train" because 2012 and one of the conjunctions of Venus are at hand? Will whatever transpires on our planet during the upcoming conjunction proove that ancient historical events were not acts of God but acts of the untethered universe? (The "flood" story jumps immediately to mind.) Thus totally stripping the Vatican of it's secrets and it's hold. I can only speculate.

One could make an argument that the current wave of atypical weather as well as the string of earthquakes and volcanic activity are events being triggered by the approach of Venus. One wonders what is to come as Venus has not yet reached it's closest point to the earth. Again just speculation.

Vatican Observatory

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Hemisphere]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sorry, double post!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Wasn't Galileo a devote Catholic?

Jordan, in a nutshell no. Galileo was a Catholic because he had to be to live and work. The Church was sponsoiring his work and they insisted his discoveries had to be in tune with their teachings. In the least he had to twist any disoveries to fit Church doctrine. His life, not simply his work, was at stake. Stake? Boy is that an ironic word here.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sorry, my connection is screwy. Another double post.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I just cannot get over the feeling that those who are in charge are actually worshiping something far different than what we are led to believe that they hold dear. The Vatican is a prime example of this. The Vatican is in fact a giant sun dial.

They have an archaeological department and an observatory and now I hear about a Lucifer telescope. I'm sure there are many other branches to the Vatican that we'd be surprised about as well. I'm sure they know all about Venus and if it's orbit affects the earth.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jackflap

I just cannot get over the feeling that those who are in charge are actually worshiping something far different than what we are led to believe that they hold dear. The Vatican is a prime example of this. The Vatican is in fact a giant sun dial.

They have an archaeological department and an observatory and now I hear about a Lucifer telescope. I'm sure there are many other branches to the Vatican that we'd be surprised about as well. I'm sure they know all about Venus and if it's orbit affects the earth.

Jack, after nearly half a lifetime I had that same feeling about the Vatican. If one espouses a final judgment and yet hides acts that would clearly warrant damnation the inference is clear. You are that naked emperor I've heard so much about.

The deceptions of heart and soul are being revealed and now it would seem the deceptions of mind too. I suspect the controversial (by RCC standards) naming of a telescope could also distract from those other "pesky" issues.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Naming a telescope hardly counts as denouncing the articles of your faith and declaring your true allegiance to the devil.

I actually think Lucifer is a quite clever name to choose... They denounced galileo as a heretic and naming one of his inventions after the "devil" is a tounge in cheek acknowledgemnt of their fault. Also there is the connenction with the planet venus, and it literally meaning "light bearer".

Trust me, if the RCC was really working for "the devil" they wouldn't tilt their hand so plainly. If anything i agree with the sentiment that it may just be a story designed with a little bit of controversy to take some of the heat off of real crisis within the church

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
This is a cool video explaining that St Peters Square in the Vatican is a Sundial

posted on Aug, 27 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Lucifer is a name and has a meaning like many other names, one that's pretty closely related to the functions of the telescope... Yup the end of the world is here this new telescope is going to manifest into the devil and scorch the earth!

posted on Dec, 27 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1   >>

join