It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyranny in the U.S. - A Year in Jail Without Due Process

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
There is an attorney by the name of Richard Fine who has spent a year in jail with no bail, conviction, or attorney for standing up to government corruption in Los Angeles County, California.

The corruption involves payments by County officials to Judges hearing land development cases in their courtroom in return for judgments favorable to the County in those cases.

The U.S. Supreme Court was to have a private conference hearing on April 23 regarding this case. According to a blog article, the result is to be announced on April 26:

"At the request of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsberg, the Supreme Court Justices will have Fine's application for 'Stay of Execution' submitted before them on Friday, April 23, 2010 and announce their decision on Monday, April 26th, as to their decision whether to deny his application, act immediately to release him, or to take up matter for a full court review."

I hope everyone will watch this important jail house interview of Richard Fine:

fulldisclosure.net...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have been following this matter for a while and what is going on in California is as criminal as it gets. Corruption and millions of dollars in bribes and with the potential to reveal more criminal behavior about the California judicial system, it stands to reason why this man has been in jail for so long.

I fear that if the system and the federal judges fear being disclosed to the public and or that the bribes money will end. It then stands to reason that someone will false flag attack him in prison and then claim he was attacked by some prison gang in some unrelated incident that ended his life.

We are seeing the tip of the iceberg and it involves a lot of big players not only at the State level but at the federal level.

Corruption is alive and well in California, but then again I never thought for one second that any of our judicial systems if free of corruption and bribes. It is the injustice that the victims suffer that needs to be focused on because holding someone for a year with no charges is wrong and a crime of the highest order.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

What a relief.

At first I thought this was going to be another thread about GITMO.

Absolutely right.
No one deserves to remain in jail without due process of law.

We make mistakes and incarcerate innocent people all the time.
Everyone who fits certain criteria or who has the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time is not automatically guilty.

This should be a no brainer but according to some the rules are flexible and the law is vague.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
This should be on the front page of every american newspaper! has cnn, abc nbc fox news at least printed any of this?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
It then stands to reason that someone will false flag attack him in prison and then claim he was attacked by some prison gang in some unrelated incident that ended his life.

Your post makes me think of what I am hearing Alex Jones talk about quite a bit in the last few days. He is seeing indications that the government is setting the stage with rhetoric from the controlled media for another "terrorist" attack to be blamed on such groups as the Tea Parties in order to push through the New World Order agenda, which at present is being threatened by the fact that people worldwide are waking up to the lies and obfuscation of the controllers. Alex is personally being threatened at present to a higher degree than he usually is. The Southern Poverty Law Center and the Anti-Defamation League are the two groups that he mentions that are targeting him.

I look forward to seeing what the result is after the Supreme Court announces their decision concerning Richard Fine's case. If they release him or agree to hear the case, I'll see it as a ray of hope. If not, God help us.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
There has been an increased use of legal actions which may not be called criminal but they have almost the same effect.

Restraining orders and child protective actions really take away lots of rights but do not have the same safeguards of the criminal process.

Even "investigations" can be used to punish and deter people from speaking out. Having your house and computer searched may not be considered a criminal punishment - all it takes is a signed order from a judge - but it's certainly a negative experience people try to avoid.

I realize there is a need from some of these actions but the problem is people who abuse these loopholes are almost never held accountable for there behavior. There needs to be added checks in the system and a process to hold people accountable for abuse of discretion.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You think thats bad, i have had police perving into my life nonstop for 18 years in london, cannot go to pee without people knowing.

Uk and usa are police states, and they target you you cannot do anything.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Kevin Mitnick spent 5 + yrs in jail for crimes that werent even invented..

This is old news, also about Mitnick is one of the 1st cases I came across where many of one persons right have been violated in the US..

Either way sad to see this happen..

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is what our country is evolving into, a change we can/must do without. Kalifornia was one of the most corrupt states I have had the displeasure to be in. But then, what what else would you expect from the land of Cunningham,
Condit, Pelosi, Boxer and Feinstein (more to be added).

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose

According to a blog article, the result is to be announced on April 26:

"At the request of Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader-Ginsberg, the Supreme Court Justices will have Fine's application for 'Stay of Execution' submitted before them on Friday, April 23, 2010 and announce their decision on Monday, April 26th, as to their decision whether to deny his application, act immediately to release him, or to take up matter for a full court review."

I did a search of the website of the U.S. Supreme Court and pulled up this:

ORDERS IN PENDING CASES 09A827 (09-1250) FINE, RICHARD I. V. BACA, SHERIFF, ET AL. The application for stay addressed to Justice Ginsburg and referred to the Court is denied.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mary Rose
I did a search of the website of the U.S. Supreme Court and pulled up this:

ORDERS IN PENDING CASES 09A827 (09-1250) FINE, RICHARD I. V. BACA, SHERIFF, ET AL. The application for stay addressed to Justice Ginsburg and referred to the Court is denied.

Ever since I learned that the U.S. Supreme Court denied Fine's application, I have been trying to find updates on his case online.

Today, I see that CNN has posted a story about him. He's still in jail, but I'm encouraged that the mainstream media has run this story:

Ex-lawyer jailed 14 months, but not charged with a crime

By Abbie Boudreau, Emily Probst and Dana Rosenblatt, CNN Special Investigations Unit

May 24, 2010 10:17 a.m. EDT

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- Once a dapper Beverly Hills attorney known for his bow tie, Richard Fine has been held in solitary confinement at Los Angeles County Men's Central Jail for 14 months, even though he's never been charged with a crime.

Read the full story and view videos here: www.cnn.com...

[edit on 5/24/2010 by Mary Rose]

new topics

top topics

join