It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gates Rethinks His War on Polio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Gates Rethinks His War on Polio

online.wsj.com

Victory would free up millions of dollars to pay for broader health improvements.
"So the benefit of finishing is huge," he said.

On the plane, Mr. Gates strategized about what else would help win the fight, balking at one religious leader's suggestion: forced vaccinations. "Strap 'em, down, I say! Let's make it illegal" to not take the vaccine, Mr. Gates joked. Then he got serious again, citing failed attempts in the U.S. to enforce compulsory vaccinations.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This snippet is not the main thrust of the article, which talks about the difficulty of eradicating polio despite all the money poured into it. Since I can't snip too much, I thought I'd paste the interesting part - Gates' attitude to forced vaccinations.

Note that Gates is not balking at the idea of forced vaccinations. From the context cited, he is balking at the difficulty of attempting to do so.
He is quite the "Good Samaritan" vaccinator ...

online.wsj.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Ok , grand. Whats YOUR angle on this ? How do YOU see Gates's reaction to the difficulties. What interests YOU about this ? To me , sounds like one guys understandable yet naive veiw of how things ought to work, but what do YOU think of it? I only ask these things because its hard to make out your motivation in mentioning this on breaking news. I mean sure, it may technicaly be breaking news, but I dont see what its importance in the grand scheme of things is ? Is there an angle I missed?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
In an ideal world, forced vaccinations would be a good thing, unfortunantly, governments can't be trusted with this sort of power, it would only lead to terrible things in the long run.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Forced vaccinations would be the same as forced to being worked with Microsoft products.

Many of their own servers run Unix, go figure...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jcrash

Anybody who knows anything about Gates knows that he does not tolerate not getting things done and done his way. He is known for pounding the table, screaming at folks, using abusive language and the like. He would be exactly the personality type to say "do what needs to be done to make that happen".

Would he actually do it? No. Is he thinking that it would be nice to maximize his investment? Yes.

BTW, despite what folks (myself included) think about drugs, etc, I think Gates is an absolute hero for the work he does in this area. Long-term consequences of a drug are far better than dying next month from the condition the drug at least postpones

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Errm wasent polio eradicated in the 1950s? Why do we need to vaccinate people if it's already been eradicated?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Errm wasent polio eradicated in the 1950s? Why do we need to vaccinate people if it's already been eradicated?

Some religious leaders in Africa urged people to boycot polio vaccinations, and this boycot helped spread the virus to 12 African countries previously declared polio-free. The polio virus has later spread to Yemen and Indonesia.

5-year-old thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
the same Mr.Gates that think we can reduce the co2 emissions by reducing the population with good vaccines ? Ofcourse we must be strapped down in the chair if that plan is to come to pass...

I AINT TAKING ANY VACCINES !!
So there....

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Originally posted by ChrisF231

Some religious leaders in Africa urged people to boycot polio vaccinations, and this boycot helped spread the virus to 12 African countries previously declared polio-free. The polio virus has later spread to Yemen and Indonesia.

5-year-old thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Too bad there's not a vaccine to eradicate religion

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Great, just great. Pretty soon it will be back here in the US. Only a plane ride away

Yet another reason to end religious exemptions to vaccinations.

new topics

top topics

join