It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I propose a new law banning the use of 666

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The first thing that popped into my head was "grow up". Second, "why?". So, I'll go with that one - why ban 666? Also, I thought the number of the beast was actually 616. Somehow I don't think you are entirely serious about banning any and all use of 666 or anything that could possibly be linked to it
But if you are.....wow.

EDIT: BeastMaster, why don't we just blow up Earth instead. THAT would defeat evil

[edit on 24-4-2010 by ShadowArcher]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
we should ban the freedom to say things should be banned then we won't have to worry about banners trying to ban my freedom of expression.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Hell..just ban all religion.. Christianity came up with the whole 666 crap anyhow, so as its the source, it should certainly be illegal.. people like this just piss me off.. but learning to simply ignore fools is by far easier said than done. Stop reading the bible, its warping your sense of ANY reality.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Too late.

www.assembly-weu.org...

Recommendation #666, read it and learn what it does and you will begin to understand where things fit in end time biblical prophecy.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia in this thread!

Obviously I agree with everyone that thinks this is stupid.
I really don't got anything to add, I just can never pass on a chance to use "Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia".

That's like 200 points only with a 2x word score in Scrabble.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
To the OP, do you have a familiarity with the mathematical properties of 666 (i.e. the fact that it's a triangular number with a recurrence relation to sequence n=10)? Furthermore do you know the characteristics of phi? Also have you ever taken any courses in number theory (e.g. Sloane's A000217)?

On the theological front, I'm not sure if the OP follows one of the Christian-Judaic belief systems, but Solomon taxed his people 666 gold talents a year (1 Kings 10:14) and in the Abrahamic faith Solomon is considered the wisest sage to have ever lived.

That should be a big hint.

I don't want to overstep my bounds, but I think it's very likely the public has a poor understanding of what this number actually represents. If people truly grasped what was being said they'd marvel at the prescience of the wisdom contained in this small but significant number and how it's contextually used in the Bible.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Xtraeme]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
No offense but I think this would be the most stupid and useless idea I have ever read.

I hope you're just high on something.
So I can find the little hope I had left in humanity.

Them buggers just ran away while I was reading this thread.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
wowzers holy opinion poll overload, batman.~@
I just thought that it would be nice to have a law to make
Satan Illegal. simple problem solved. no more evil.
if he lives in Az. he can get a free ride back to the border....

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

Yes, because Satan abides by US law.

Time to unsubscribe from this waste of space thread, I think.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join