It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Cornyn Unveils Drug Violence Bill in El Paso

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Sen. Cornyn Unveils Drug Violence Bill in El Paso

www.ktsm.com

It's called the Southern Border Security Assistance Act and if the bill passes, it would give another $300 million to state and local law enforcement to help fight the violence caused by the cartel wars in Mexico.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
The Good Senator went on to say

Senator Cornyn acknowledged the lack of federal help. "Let me make it clear that I think the federal government has dropped the ball when it comes to providing the resources necessary to protecting the American people here along the border," Senator Cornyn said. " We know that border security is a federal government responsibility."

you find a Video of his press conference if you visit the link.
Cornyn also met with FBI and DEA agents before the roundtable in a classified meeting. Probably related to how to calm fears as this drug war is quickly spills into the US...

www.ktsm.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:01 AM
link   
There is only one way to end a drug war, and I believe that I may receive a T&C violation for mentioning it (I am not familiar with ATS's current policy about drug usage and legality issues) but I might as well mention it.

Legalization of essential cartel "money crops" is the answer to the problem. Its very simple but over time it will cut the cartel's strength in half and even lower their ability and need to traffic illegal arms throughout central America.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I hope it is nothing like Gov. Perry's idea to put more state troopers on the border.

All that has turned into is more revenue for the state from an absurd increase in traffic stops and tickets.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Legalization of what???
Pot is a big part of their business but they make just as much money bringing in Cocaine, crack, black tar heroin, meth and the raw products to make more... add to that yesterday police raided a hotel in Albuquerque where human traffickers forced young women into prostitution...

So again I have to ask... what will you Legalize to make them go away?
All drugs? Sexual slavery? It's just not that simple...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Once again we see a proposed amount of $300 million dollars to fight the drug war. What makes me wonder is if anyone in the federal government is going to confront the CIA that controls and dictates to the drug cartels who can operate in the drug world and who cannot. The drug war and all the violence is a direct result of the CIA eliminating the competition and consolidating major and key drug routes into the USA.

With billions of illegal profits, the bribes influence millions of people into a drug world that could only exist because of the CIA and all of the other federal agencies and corrupt politicians that support such a CIA International drug operation on a willing basis.

Throwing money at a problem with no real intent on fixing the drug problem says to me that this is just more money spent on a problem that will never be fixed until we eliminate the corrupt elements of the CIA, DIA, Customs, Coast Guard, Air Force, and even DOD assets that willingly move huge shipment of drugs from Afghanistan and from Colombia into the USA with the tacit protection of the CIA and others in federal service.

These shipments would not be possible were it not for the CIA using national security to hide the fact that the CIA and others are involved in a 2 trillion dollar illegal operation which funds many illegal covert CIA projects.

I think of the banks that hide the trillions of dollars of illegal funds and it makes one wonder just how long this crime syndicate will last before Americans and honest politicians use the arm of the federal government to end the illegal drug operations which have also moved into human trafficking, sex slaves kidnapped around the world, illegal human organ harvesting and a full fledged operation involving the kidnapping of children for sexual predators/pedophiles and for Satanic sacrifices that are becoming more and more a part of the illegal operations the CIA is conducting.

One day we may actually see a real anti drug effort intent on actually ending the drug war, but I know we will never end the problem as long as governments and intelligence agencies like the CIA conduct the lions share of all the hideous crimes that they participate in a manner disguised by national security protocols. Ending this problem begins at home and unfortunately it also begins at the top of the federal government with our corrupt officials and corrupt politicians that serve the interests of the CIA for cooperation that benefits all parties concerned.

End the corruption and we might finally end the drug war, but until we do, nothing will change because the CIA likes it just the way it is. We have the means and the technology to end the corruption. We just have to have the will to pursue the guilty parties in the CIA and the federal government that is involved and which helps to hide all of the global illegal drug operations conducted by the CIA and others in federal service.

End the corruption and we will begin to end the problems that cost billions in tax payer programs which accomplish nothing and which claim the many innocent lives that the CIA endangers and or the many thousands of murders that the CIA eliminates as part of doing business in the drug world.

Thanks for the posting.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Well you said it didn’t you...
300 million to stop a 2 trillion dollar a year industry
and make no doubts it is big business at its finest!

It will only end when it stops being profitable, period...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
When, at any time in history, has anyone been able to totally stop illegal enterprises?

The fact is that there will always be someone who wants something they aren't supposed to have. As long as they have money to spend on it, someone else will get it for them.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

It will only end when it stops being profitable, period...

Pretty much. Most people will disagree that prohibition needs to be ended on all substances, but as you have mentioned the only way to stop the madness to is cut the profitability. It's the only solution.

Have fun trying to convince people that Heroin should be legal though, then you get rants about how they will sell it in corner stores and everything else. But hey what can you do.

top topics

join