It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Durbin Subpoenaed for Blagojevich Trial!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin said Friday he has received a subpoena to testify at former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich's corruption trial, while a White House spokesman deflected questions about whether President Barack Obama also might end up on the witness stand. "Whether I'm going to be called, I don't know," Durbin said at a news conference. "But you know a subpoena is an order of the court to appear and if called to appear I'll appear."

Durbin had a well-publicized telephone conversation with Blagojevich shortly after the November 2008 election when politicians were starting to focus on who would get the Senate seat Obama was vacating. By all accounts, they discussed a number of candidates.

Blagojevich is charged with scheming to sell or trade the Senate seat left vacant following the president's election in exchange for financial benefits for himself. He also is accused of illegally using his powers as governor to pressure potential campaign donors for contributions.

Source: newsmax.com...
Notice the story time: New Dump time, late Friday night!

I'm telling you this is major. This has Obama's hands all over it. Just a matter of time and a bid set of Ba..s on US Prosecutor. This will be a Watergate type of mess-just added onto a bunch more that is for sure to follow Obama and his group.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by anon72]

join